I am torn between these two. Price wise, it doesn't matter to me, but features... oh the features..
    For the most part, I am looking at which has the best display, battery and pen input.

Just a quick breakdown, I love that DVP8 can run legacy, as I could have fun with photoshop for hours, but Ive heard of its pen being sloppy.
    But the idea of running steam games on it and the idea of plugging it into a bigger monitor is like a second desktop computer right there.

Note 8; for the most part, I love the S-Pen. I think it pretty much surpasses the dvp8pro pen.
    I like that the display is more superior, and battery life too, I think. I also like how it has more selections of apps that aren't available on windows yet, like Paper, I really want to try that. devs release their apps on androids first and that is getting annoying. Would it be better to have two ecosystems right now?

I'm so torn. So far no one on youtube has done a comparison vid, so I cant make up my mind!!!

I have a surface 2, and planning on getting a surface 3 pro in the fall, but right now; I need a tablet with pen input, so this feels more like a goddamn impulse I have to fulfill.
    02-03-2014 02:45 PM
    ive used both - the pen is a little better on the note - but the fact that it runs Android, and lags like crazy just drove me nuts, and this is in my 20 min trial in best buy. Thin lines on a Wacom tablet are slightly more precise on the note, and a little more jagged edged on the Dell. If you use a slightly wider pen width, the dell is just as good. The lag between pen strokes on the Note was not very good - the DV8P pen has gotten significantly better after all of the firmware upgrades, etc. It is a servicible stylus - if you are an artist, and used to Wacom, u should prob just get yourself a Wacom windows tablet, don't bother with the note. I can see only 1 reason to get the note - if you are truly into gaming on a tablet. That, to me is the only benefit android tablets have over windows tablets - that being said, on the DV8P, you could run Steam games (less visually demanding), so maybe a moot point. If you want to take notes, and have a great mini pc, the DV8P is the device for you. I run AutoCAD, Photoshop, Artrage on it with no issues, and no stuttering. It runs CAD better than my Core2Duo laptop (like 4 years old) does. If only it had HDMI output, id be the perfect device.
    02-03-2014 03:23 PM
    Another option is a new 8-incher from Acer? with wacom pen support which is practically the standard for pens. (also in the surface pro)

You cannot get the pen for the Venue yet as its been pulled after a lot of issues came to light. It should be back soon. I've found the touch input on the Venue can be finicky, but I dont think its just me.

I think it comes down to desktop ecosystem (immense functionality and program count, not tablet first) vs phone ecosystem (apps as we know it galore, less powerful versions arguably)

I sprung for a Venue and would recommend it since you could theoretically run Android on it and its much more flexible. Haven't needed Android yet though.
    02-03-2014 03:24 PM
    Thank you, IM actually going to bb and demo both. refurbished note 8 on groupon going for 250. I was afraid of the android lag. what if I uninstall all of the unnecessary apps? would it help?

I was thinking about the Acer one too or the Lenovo, but I can't make up my mind.

ive used both - the pen is a little better on the note - but the fact that it runs Android, and lags like crazy just drove me nuts, and this is in my 20 min trial in best buy. Thin lines on a Wacom tablet are slightly more precise on the note, and a little more jagged edged on the Dell. If you use a slightly wider pen width, the dell is just as good. The lag between pen strokes on the Note was not very good - the DV8P pen has gotten significantly better after all of the firmware upgrades, etc. It is a servicible stylus - if you are an artist, and used to Wacom, u should prob just get yourself a Wacom windows tablet, don't bother with the note. I can see only 1 reason to get the note - if you are truly into gaming on a tablet. That, to me is the only benefit android tablets have over windows tablets - that being said, on the DV8P, you could run Steam games (less visually demanding), so maybe a moot point. If you want to take notes, and have a great mini pc, the DV8P is the device for you. I run AutoCAD, Photoshop, Artrage on it with no issues, and no stuttering. It runs CAD better than my Core2Duo laptop (like 4 years old) does. If only it had HDMI output, id be the perfect device.
    02-04-2014 12:14 AM