Why do people act as if they are personally insulted when someone says something against their device?
    02-18-2014 09:18 PM
    The way I see it, it's not the device itself they feel to need to protect, it's the choice they made. Plus, the device you choose resembles something for you.
    It's like when you have chicken wings and someone comes along and tells you that ribs are better. There may be some objective factors (like the quality of the meat) but overall it's a subjective opinion. And if you really like chicken wings and if you've been eating them for years, they are not just simply chicken wings.

Also, by telling someone another device is better than teirs means also telling them they made the wrong choice, that their device is inferior. And be honest, who wants to be second? Even if the arguments are purely subjective and based on childish "nah, mine is better".
    02-18-2014 09:39 PM
    Everyone wants the best things in life. The best car. The best pair of shoes. The best television set. The best seat at the game. The best meal, etc.

For me selecting a device is like selecting a sports team. I just want pick the best team that money can offer and will win throughout a season.
    02-18-2014 09:58 PM
    I think to a small extent, and maybe it's just me, it's also to ensure success of the product so it is continued. For example, ZuneHD was great, but since nobody bought it, it didn't make a difference and it was killed off. Imagine if your XBone/PS4 stops selling and MS/Sony decides to stop making the product. No more new games and you're stuck with an expensive box that can only play a few games.
    k0de likes this.
    02-20-2014 07:24 AM
    I think to a small extent, and maybe it's just me, it's also to ensure success of the product so it is continued. For example, ZuneHD was great, but since nobody bought it, it didn't make a difference and it was killed off. Imagine if your XBone/PS4 stops selling and MS/Sony decides to stop making the product. No more new games and you're stuck with an expensive box that can only play a few games.
    I don't think purchases resulting from word-of-mouth marketing (for lack of a better word) have too much of an impact on a product's sales. Having a large fan base is always a good thing for any product line, but to me, pointless fan arguments don't seem like an efficient way to get people to buy something.
    02-21-2014 01:50 PM
    All good points, I just feel as WP gets shot down so much by Droid and IPhone users that it creates a negative stereotype towards it.
    Most of the people spewing WP hate have never touched a WP device. I've never posted a word against other devices other than that I prefer WP and highlight features of WP that I base my opinion on. Its kinda like the Ps4 vs X1 right now, both sides have never tried the opposite console , but highlight "failures" of it in the rudest fashion possible. IMO, WP is like the Wii u of the big trio, negatively viewed despite being on par with the competition.
    Except the Wii u is not on par with the features of Ps/X1. Lol
    sd173 likes this.
    02-21-2014 09:09 PM
    All good points, I just feel as WP gets shot down so much by Droid and IPhone users that it creates a negative stereotype towards it.
    Most of the people spewing WP hate have never touched a WP device. I've never posted a word against other devices other than that I prefer WP and highlight features of WP that I base my opinion on. Its kinda like the Ps4 vs X1 right now, both sides have never tried the opposite console , but highlight "failures" of it in the rudest fashion possible. IMO, WP is like the Wii u of the big trio, negatively viewed despite being on par with the competition.
    Except the Wii u is not on par with the features of Ps/X1. Lol
    you know what.. That was actually a perfect example!
    02-21-2014 09:21 PM
    Why do people act as if they are personally insulted when someone says something against their device?
    Eh? What's the point of an internet forum if you can't get into blazing rows with random people?
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-21-2014 11:46 PM
    Most of the people spewing WP hate have never touched a WP device
    So many people I know do this (but also with pretty much every Microsoft product). It's so hard to argue with them or tell them they're wrong when they have no idea what they're talking about. I think if people actually tried to know about something before they hated it, companies would have way smaller fan bases.
    02-22-2014 08:33 PM
    Eh? What's the point of an internet forum if you can't get into blazing rows with random people?
    To get into intelligent debates with random people.
    02-22-2014 08:36 PM
    Maybe because our devices are an extension of ourselves and our lifestyles. Smartphones have became a very important part of us

Sent from my Lumia 928
    sd173 likes this.
    02-22-2014 09:42 PM