Official"Not the SAMESUNG ;)" Thread

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love WP and Nokia, isn't that kind of ironic though? I mean Nokia comes out with basically the same phone every few MONTHS, unlike the Galaxy, which they do every year.

NawfSideWillyB

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
The only main similarities between the Lumia devices is their monoblock polycarbonate bodies/shape. They all vary in what they focus on, 92x is a good "smallish" phone, 1020 is a photographers phone, 1520 is a technical powerhouse with a big screen for content consumption, although the low end lumias are very similar to one another, but the flagship lumias tend to focus on different things all while improving from the last iteration, imo.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As much as I love WP and Nokia, isn't that kind of ironic though? I mean Nokia comes out with basically the same phone every few MONTHS, unlike the Galaxy, which they do every year.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but I can't really say with only two (and a half maybe) generations of Lumia's out. I feel each new WP8 offering has been simply filling out a lineup since all are united from a design perspective yet differentiated in terms of market placement. The past few months each new phone was in different price grades, sizes, etc. 1520 =/= 520 =/= 625...

Now they're just poking fun at the seemingly same S5, Samsung does do the same kitchen-sink, see-what-sticks method with phones too. I feel they haven't really differentiated anything other than the Galaxy Note, Galaxy S, and literally everything else is lumped into a pile below those. It could be that I don't know as much though.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
While the icon is a nice phone, every laugh point aimed at the S5 could be pointed at the new lumia "wow" phone as well. It's been a while since anything eyebrow raising has come from anyone. The 64 bit processor from apple was cool, the 1020 stud camera also was great. Other than that....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon