Think about going from a 620 to a moto G

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Moto G sells for a similar price, same 5mp camera with flash and 0.3mp ffc. It has 1gb ram so it can run all apps. The only thing that holds me back is the lack of a micro sd slot. However the 620's battery life is abysmal. I'll wait till a 1gb 620 like device comes out. So what about you guys, thought about changing?

mike13ftw

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Buy the Moto g . Its very good phone . It has stock android with the latest firmware (kitkat 4.4.2) and it doesn't lag at all . The battery is average but still is better than Lumia 620 in specs

g808

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming the Moto g camera is on par or worse than the Moto X. If so, then that camera isn't very good if that important to you when switching phones.

I had a Moto X and even with the software updates the camera was definitely holding it back.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moto G sells for a similar price, same 5mp camera with flash and 0.3mp ffc. It has 1gb ram so it can run all apps. The only thing that holds me back is the lack of a micro sd slot. However the 620's battery life is abysmal. I'll wait till a 1gb 620 like device comes out. So what about you guys, thought about changing?

It's worth a try. Worth noting 1 GB in Android =/= 1 GB in WP, Android doesn't really have that clean cut distinction, its more based on individual devices since there's so many. You may not be able to run some perfectly, but you will have lots of flexibility.

I thought about picking up an older iPhone for the sake of it (iOS nostalgia, rather not touch Android too much) but WP will remain my daily driver for a while

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

My friend bought it.
It's totally awesome. It has HD(720p) screen and their is not a single Lumia under under that price range provide HD screen(not even a up coming device rumor)
Despite HD screen( which is better than even L820) it's battery back-up is very good(almost twice as L620) and that
and It also get updates very fast(faster than L620)
It's very fast fluid and have better apps .and Most probably Moto G will get another update after kitkat.

So, i think you should buy it.

agrawaladitya192

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My friend bought it.
It's totally awesome. It has HD(720p) screen and their is not a single Lumia under under that price range provide HD screen(not even a up coming device rumor)
Despite HD screen( which is better than even L820) it's battery back-up is very good(almost twice as L620) and that
and It also get updates very fast(faster than L620)
It's very fast fluid and have better apps .and Most probably Moto G will get another update after kitkat.

So, i think you should buy it.

faster updates than 620? U mad bro?

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
faster updates than 620? U mad bro?

Moto G got KitKat(major Update) in Jan and L620 getting Black Update(minor) in March.

Nexus 5 launch in Nov and so does L1520(first phone with Black Update).

Do I need to further explain?

Well I am already terrified seeing Black update this much late, what will happen in WP 8.1?????

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Moto G got KitKat(major Update) in Jan and L620 getting Black Update(minor) in March.

Nexus 5 launch in Nov and so does L1520(first phone with Black Update).

Do I need to further explain?

Moto g has just released a couple of months ago. Lets see where it stands a year from now. You aren't making a fair comparison. Compare phones that release at the same time, not a year apart.

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Moto g has just released a couple of months ago. Lets see where it stands a year from now. You aren't making a fair comparison. Compare phones that release at the same time, not a year apart.

you forgeting that Moto G got major update and L620 haven't even got a single major update.
Lets see how much time L620 will take to get WP8.1 (major update)compare to Moto G.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
you forgeting that Moto G got major update and L620 haven't even got a single major update.
Lets see how much time L620 will take to get WP8.1 (major update)compare to Moto G.

and you are forgetting that the Moto g just released a couple of months ago. Its an unfair comparison.

Anyway, we have already had this discussion on another thread. There's nothing I can say to convince you. You have made up your mind.

agrawaladitya192

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Lumia Black is a different update and Windows Phone 8.1 is a different. Lumia Black is an OEM update. Were you delayed in getting the GDR3 preview? Simple as that

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
and you are forgetting that the Moto g just released a couple of months ago. Its an unfair comparison.

Anyway, we have already had this discussion on another thread. There's nothing I can say to convince you. You have made up your mind.

if they cost the same , the Moto has more features and more supported with apps , I say it is an unfair battle, but not unfair comparison, since in the long run it's all about what do I get for my hard earned money..

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk

Diniy Moktar

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I am using 620 right now. Quite frustrated with the late update until now. I still dont get the chance to get the update. But one thing for sure right now, I will stay with Lumia ( especially Windows OS ) as I love the OS very much.. But Microsoft and Nokia need to do something to ensure the users will be loyal to their product.. As their current performance, it is normal if you want to change to the other OS.. :D

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site

and I am telling Android and WP are different in nature. Considering WP nature it's updates should be fast but it's not.
Even few budget Android phone are getting faster update.

anyway same opinion about you here.
There's nothing I can say to convince you. You have made up your mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos