04-02-2014 02:34 AM
33 12
tools
    Moto G sells for a similar price, same 5mp camera with flash and 0.3mp ffc. It has 1gb ram so it can run all apps. The only thing that holds me back is the lack of a micro sd slot. However the 620's battery life is abysmal. I'll wait till a 1gb 620 like device comes out. So what about you guys, thought about changing?
    03-13-2014 12:31 PM
    stay with 620. 8.1 is coming!
    03-13-2014 01:29 PM
    Battery life of 620 is very poor .I am using it .Please go for Moto G
    03-13-2014 01:34 PM
    I get about a day and a half with moderate use of my 620 . The battery is ok
    03-13-2014 02:21 PM
    I get about a day and a half with moderate use of my 620 . The battery is ok
    what is your brightness setting
    03-13-2014 04:38 PM
    Buy the Moto g . Its very good phone . It has stock android with the latest firmware (kitkat 4.4.2) and it doesn't lag at all . The battery is average but still is better than Lumia 620 in specs
    03-13-2014 04:49 PM
    I'm assuming the Moto g camera is on par or worse than the Moto X. If so, then that camera isn't very good if that important to you when switching phones.

I had a Moto X and even with the software updates the camera was definitely holding it back.

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    03-13-2014 04:53 PM
    what is your brightness setting
    low
    03-13-2014 05:51 PM
    Moto G sells for a similar price, same 5mp camera with flash and 0.3mp ffc. It has 1gb ram so it can run all apps. The only thing that holds me back is the lack of a micro sd slot. However the 620's battery life is abysmal. I'll wait till a 1gb 620 like device comes out. So what about you guys, thought about changing?
    It's worth a try. Worth noting 1 GB in Android =/= 1 GB in WP, Android doesn't really have that clean cut distinction, its more based on individual devices since there's so many. You may not be able to run some perfectly, but you will have lots of flexibility.

I thought about picking up an older iPhone for the sake of it (iOS nostalgia, rather not touch Android too much) but WP will remain my daily driver for a while
    03-13-2014 09:17 PM
    My friend bought it.
    It's totally awesome. It has HD(720p) screen and their is not a single Lumia under under that price range provide HD screen(not even a up coming device rumor)
    Despite HD screen( which is better than even L820) it's battery back-up is very good(almost twice as L620) and that
    and It also get updates very fast(faster than L620)
    It's very fast fluid and have better apps .and Most probably Moto G will get another update after kitkat.

So, i think you should buy it.
    03-13-2014 09:21 PM
    Moto G has a better camera than 620 even though both are 5 mp ihave checked it myself. Its a good phone
    03-13-2014 09:37 PM
    My friend bought it.
    It's totally awesome. It has HD(720p) screen and their is not a single Lumia under under that price range provide HD screen(not even a up coming device rumor)
    Despite HD screen( which is better than even L820) it's battery back-up is very good(almost twice as L620) and that
    and It also get updates very fast(faster than L620)
    It's very fast fluid and have better apps .and Most probably Moto G will get another update after kitkat.

So, i think you should buy it.
    faster updates than 620? U mad bro?
    03-13-2014 10:11 PM
    faster updates than 620? U mad bro?
    Moto G got KitKat(major Update) in Jan and L620 getting Black Update(minor) in March.

Nexus 5 launch in Nov and so does L1520(first phone with Black Update).

Do I need to further explain?

Well I am already terrified seeing Black update this much late, what will happen in WP 8.1?????
    03-13-2014 10:23 PM
    Moto G got KitKat(major Update) in Jan and L620 getting Black Update(minor) in March.

Nexus 5 launch in Nov and so does L1520(first phone with Black Update).

Do I need to further explain?
    Moto g has just released a couple of months ago. Lets see where it stands a year from now. You aren't making a fair comparison. Compare phones that release at the same time, not a year apart.
    03-13-2014 10:26 PM
    Moto g has just released a couple of months ago. Lets see where it stands a year from now. You aren't making a fair comparison. Compare phones that release at the same time, not a year apart.
    you forgeting that Moto G got major update and L620 haven't even got a single major update.
    Lets see how much time L620 will take to get WP8.1 (major update)compare to Moto G.
    03-13-2014 10:33 PM
    you forgeting that Moto G got major update and L620 haven't even got a single major update.
    Lets see how much time L620 will take to get WP8.1 (major update)compare to Moto G.
    and you are forgetting that the Moto g just released a couple of months ago. Its an unfair comparison.

Anyway, we have already had this discussion on another thread. There's nothing I can say to convince you. You have made up your mind.
    03-13-2014 10:48 PM
    Lumia Black is a different update and Windows Phone 8.1 is a different. Lumia Black is an OEM update. Were you delayed in getting the GDR3 preview? Simple as that
    03-14-2014 12:12 AM
    and you are forgetting that the Moto g just released a couple of months ago. Its an unfair comparison.

Anyway, we have already had this discussion on another thread. There's nothing I can say to convince you. You have made up your mind.

if they cost the same , the Moto has more features and more supported with apps , I say it is an unfair battle, but not unfair comparison, since in the long run it's all about what do I get for my hard earned money..

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_267 using Tapatalk
    FinancialP and A895 like this.
    03-14-2014 01:33 AM
    I am using 620 right now. Quite frustrated with the late update until now. I still dont get the chance to get the update. But one thing for sure right now, I will stay with Lumia ( especially Windows OS ) as I love the OS very much.. But Microsoft and Nokia need to do something to ensure the users will be loyal to their product.. As their current performance, it is normal if you want to change to the other OS.. :D
    avi_amartya, mpt15 and arifdanials like this.
    03-14-2014 04:23 AM

and I am telling Android and WP are different in nature. Considering WP nature it's updates should be fast but it's not.
    Even few budget Android phone are getting faster update.

anyway same opinion about you here.
    There's nothing I can say to convince you. You have made up your mind.
    03-14-2014 09:52 AM
    Lumia Black is a different update and Windows Phone 8.1 is a different. Lumia Black is an OEM update. Were you delayed in getting the GDR3 preview? Simple as that
    We are talking about OEM's update. That Android OEM's provide faster updates(Motorola) than WP OEM's.

Their is no comparison with developers preview. This is the only single thing I like about WP.
    03-14-2014 09:55 AM
    honestly I left droid phones because of how bad Motorola made their phones between locked boot loaders, massive forced bloatware that I couldn't remove, and how badly tested and late their updates.

even after rooting the phone I still had tons of issues. My wife had one that kept crashing because of an update it took as few to figure out but the phone ran hotter after the update so we couldn't use the case anymore. Took the case off never crashed.

I love WP8 I would stick with them, WP8 supports more updates then droid.

but if you have to switch go nexus, it is a clean pure android os.

Motorola is AWFUL
    03-14-2014 10:09 AM
    Yes, i had the Moto Atrix... oh what a disappoint. Good specs and only got support until Gingerbread, no ICS. Even with custom roms, the Atrix never worked to 100% and it feels like broken. So i never look back to Motorola.

I thought since Moto was under Google support, maybe the phones will get a decent amount of updates. Now that Motorola is part of Lenovo, i doubt will be more cheap phones like the Moto G and fast updates.
    03-14-2014 10:36 AM
    you can't really compare WP and Android directly IMO because of the sheer variety in Android.

The Nexus and GPe flagships get their updates, while other phones may not. Samsung has to update their TouchWiz before pushing, etc. The 2012 flagship HTC One X, X+ no longer will see updates from cash strapped HTC while the Lumia 920 which was also the 2012 flagship model is still going strong.
    Carriers are another roadblock for normal users, my assumption would be that some devices have higher priority over others. (also considering T-Mo EOL'ed the 810)

Number of updates can't be directly correlated too. Desktop Windows has so much more updates pushed while new features aren't exactly popping up like daisies. (simplified I know)

The freedoms granted to many Androids mean that community support can continue to a degree after it officially ends. I had an old 2.2/2.3 HTC Aria which I flashed with a CM9, 10 ROM. (Which was very recent at the time.)
    Currently we cannot cook a Lumia Black ROM for the 810.

I had more, but i'll throw it out here later
    FinancialP and mpt15 like this.
    03-14-2014 11:28 AM
    you can't really compare WP and Android directly IMO because of the sheer variety in Android.

The Nexus and GPe flagships get their updates, while other phones may not. Samsung has to update their TouchWiz before pushing, etc. The 2012 flagship HTC One X, X+ no longer will see updates from cash strapped HTC while the Lumia 920 which was also the 2012 flagship model is still going strong.
    Carriers are another roadblock for normal users, my assumption would be that some devices have higher priority over others. (also considering T-Mo EOL'ed the 810)

Number of updates can't be directly correlated too. Desktop Windows has so much more updates pushed while new features aren't exactly popping up like daisies. (simplified I know)

The freedoms granted to many Androids mean that community support can continue to a degree after it officially ends. I had an old 2.2/2.3 HTC Aria which I flashed with a CM9, 10 ROM. (Which was very recent at the time.)
    Currently we cannot cook a Lumia Black ROM for the 810.

I had more, but i'll throw it out here later
    Dude, we are only comparing the 620 & Moto G. Not windows phone and android.
    03-22-2014 08:21 AM
33 12