04-21-2014 02:31 PM
122 12345
tools
    ikr my duo is the best - lumia 720 + ipad 2 (32gb 3G) and i paid around 65k for them but they are much more vfm than my friends buying nexus 7 + iphone 5s/5c/4
    u get the best of both worlds here and i dont really miss any apps on my 720 but i prefer my ipads big screen sometimes for web browsing
    ios isnt bad but iphone 5s certainly is a big fad even the ipad lineup with similiar hardware (infact a bit higher with a better screen,cpu and worse camera costs 18k onwards while the iphone lineup is gonna cost u 55k and is literally a downgrade except for the fad factor which we can live without :)

btw saksham the 5s has a retina display so its higher than HD(unless u meant the camera or something-720p)
    even with windows phone it still hooks up well to all my non mfst hardware unlike iphones propriatory ports,airdrop , airplay etc which despite being renamed DLNA isnt compatible with any of my existing hadware and needs me to shell out 10k each time for docks,cables,connectors etc
    my 720 hooks up superbly to my WD tv live hd media player and nokia play to is much better than the WD ios app and remote app
    btw guys WD now fully supports wp8's play to
    yeah that's a great duo ! :)
    And i was talking about the the resolution of the screen. Well actually retina display hasn't got a very stunning resolution, but the small screen size gives it a huge ppi. that's what makes retina display unique. But still i feel like we deserve a higher resolution for paying such a sky high price.
    Oh btw one thing is good in the 5s, that's the 120fps video recording, it got me stunned :-P (off topic)
    03-26-2014 12:58 PM
    yeah that's a great duo ! :)
    And i was talking about the the resolution of the screen. Well actually retina display hasn't got a very stunning resolution, but the small screen size gives it a huge ppi. that's what makes retina display unique. But still i feel like we deserve a higher resolution for paying such a sky high price.
    Oh btw one thing is good in the 5s, that's the 120fps video recording, it got me stunned :-P (off topic)
    actually the retina display is a renamed amoled display which apple "invented"(lol)
    the retina display is amazing on the ipad actually
    the retina display doesnt make sense on a 4.5 inch screen imo
    the 820s amoled display is the best display ive seen so far!! it looks absolutely stunning (my mom has an 820+ an ipad 4) it looks better than the ipads display imo
    03-26-2014 01:09 PM
    actually the retina display is a renamed amoled display which apple "invented"(lol)
    the retina display is amazing on the ipad actually
    the retina display doesnt make sense on a 4.5 inch screen imo
    the 820s amoled display is the best display ive seen so far!! it looks absolutely stunning (my mom has an 820+ an ipad 4) it looks better than the ipads display imo
    that's why retina isn't a pull factor these days ;)
    And lol, there are people out there waiting for apple to "invent" nfc and also to "invent" touch screens for laptops (macbook) :-P so funny :-P
    03-26-2014 02:58 PM
    Retina is old outdated LG technology :P
    03-26-2014 08:19 PM
    that's why retina isn't a pull factor these days ;)
    And lol, there are people out there waiting for apple to "invent" nfc and also to "invent" touch screens for laptops (macbook) :-P so funny :-P
    ikr even a macbook air which costs 70k here is overpriced , u can get the exact config in an ultrabook with a better gpu and upgradability
    03-27-2014 05:43 AM
    Ok, here is an update on my choice. Sticking with the HTC 8x for now. The one with the broken capasitive buttons. This morning I realised I could create a Lens-app that navigates me to the startscreen. With that, I suddenly have a working WP again. For those who did not get that: my camera-button works, and will take me directly to the camera app. From here I can choose a Lens-app that I created that just navigates me back to the start screen.
    Since I almost never used the dedicated search-button, this <almost> improves usability of my phone. A bit tedious to go to the start screen, and no back-button, but still, it works.
    Now I can start waiting for WP8.1 with you guys.. :)
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    03-31-2014 12:53 PM
    Ok, here is an update on my choice. Sticking with the HTC 8x for now. The one with the broken capasitive buttons. This morning I realised I could create a Lens-app that navigates me to the startscreen. With that, I suddenly have a working WP again. For those who did not get that: my camera-button works, and will take me directly to the camera app. From here I can choose a Lens-app that I created that just navigates me back to the start screen.
    Since I almost never used the dedicated search-button, this <almost> improves usability of my phone. A bit tedious to go to the start screen, and no back-button, but still, it works.
    lol thats tough i remember when my back button on my BB 9790 broke and i was solely relying on the touch screen for everything
    good luck and lets hope 8.1 is as awesome as we want it to be!! who knows maybe itll bring an optional on screen button thingy(like the leaked 630 ones)
    03-31-2014 02:54 PM
    No phone is perfect. Its what pros and cons that you can live with and without and for how long are you willing to wait. Personally I prefer not to have to carry a power brick around, have to worry about malware or programs recording whatever I do, scanning through my emails, uploading god knows what to where, and be constantly bombarded with ads. Some people want a smartphone while others may want a full PC in their pocket. My analogy may be whacked but to me WP is slow and steady while Android is fast and furious. The WP path may not as fun and you make get bored and frustated at how long its taking, but you can see a clear path in front of you and it will get you there safe and sound in time. With Android you can drive as fast as you want and willing to accept some consequences of hitting some brick walls down the road. The important is to be happy and content with the choice that you make and unless you are completely locked into an ecosystem, you can always switch paths if you feel that you're not heading the right way. All I ask is don't become another sad miserable troll that bully others to make yourself feel better because they chose a different path when you're not internally happy with the choice that you had made.
    03-31-2014 03:20 PM
    No phone is perfect. Its what pros and cons that you can live with and without and for how long are you willing to wait. Personally I prefer not to have to carry a power brick around, have to worry about malware or programs recording whatever I do, scanning through my emails, uploading god knows what to where, and be constantly bombarded with ads. Some people want a smartphone while others may want a full PC in their pocket. My analogy may be whacked but to me WP is slow and steady while Android is fast and furious. The WP path may not as fun and you make get bored and frustated at how long its taking, but you can see a clear path in front of you and it will get you there safe and sound in time. With Android you can drive as fast as you want and willing to accept some consequences of hitting some brick walls down the road. The important is to be happy and content with the choice that you make and unless you are completely locked into an ecosystem, you can always switch paths if you feel that you're not heading the right way. All I ask is don't become another sad miserable troll that bully others to make yourself feel better because they chose a different path when you're not internally happy with the choice that you had made.
    You're asking a lot. That's why there are trolls in the first place. I'd like to see peace on Earth in my lifetime, but the Marlins have a better chance at winning the next 5 World Series.
    03-31-2014 05:41 PM
    I know this is slightly off topic but I rule out any possibility of ever jumping ship to Android. My sister chose a Galaxy S4 after owning an iPhone 4, and already 5 months after owning, her battery doesn't even get her through a day on light use, the phone lags terribly for basic operations like phone calls and menu browsing, and her phone even picked up a virus a few weeks ago (she had no virus protection but still, poor). Whilst she definitely isn't a tech savvy person or maintains her phone, a good mobile OS should require little maintenance and a novice user should still have a zippy, snappy phone 5 months (and more) after purchase. While I consider myself an advanced user across WP, iOS and Android, Android is simply just messy to me. Some would argue that this can be fixed with tweaking and installing a launcher etc, but guess what? I don't have to do any of that on WP.

It's the simplicity, the super fast OS, the beautiful hardware, and the fact my phone can do what a phone is meant to do, and incredibly well, that I never see a reason to switch. I love apps and games, but i've never felt app envy apart from iOS app novelty trends that start up and disappear pretty quickly.

I definitely appreciate iOS and Android and I don't hate them or anything, but the most important things in a phone (to me) are on my Lumia 1520.

I really wish more people knew about Windows Phone.
    04-01-2014 12:45 AM
    btw check these out , should be a nice way to use it without capacitive keys
    Gesture Launcher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...9-65e5e1959762
    hope this helps u!! :)
    Saksham Sharma likes this.
    04-01-2014 04:55 AM
    the gesture launcher doesn't really do anything for me except another way to open an app.
    As it doesn't run in the background waiting for gestures.

but I feel the new facebook messenger-app keeps me a bit more "connected" which is something I wanted (not very touch-friendly for those phones without a back-button), and found a great browsing experience with uc browser. :)
    04-01-2014 03:13 PM
    There was a lot of misinformation about android in this thread. A LOT. I understand android is big and has the all seeing Google with it. But to say things like, malware ridden, emails being scanned, etc., is completely false.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    04-04-2014 08:47 AM
    There was a lot of misinformation about android in this thread. A LOT. I understand android is big and has the all seeing Google with it. But to say things like, malware ridden, emails being scanned, etc., is completely false.

all of us here are ex users of iphones,droid,blackberry etc
    whatever we were posting were from our personal experiences :)
    04-05-2014 05:13 AM
    all of us here are ex users of iphones,droid,blackberry etc
    whatever we were posting were from our personal experiences :)
    But its wrong. I am a current android user with a Moto X. To say things like malware ridden is completely false.
    04-05-2014 08:30 AM
    04-05-2014 08:46 AM
    But its wrong. I am a current android user with a Moto X. To say things like malware ridden is completely false.
    ios and android both have had massive malware holes leaked
    ios had SSL which wasnt secure
    android has had pretty much every linux virus+exclusive viruses as well
    we dont see that happening to wp8 do we? :P
    people in this thread have posted their experiences with their OWN devices,we arent speculating or something,we have experienced issues with other platforms and have shifted to wp8 :)
    04-05-2014 10:22 AM
    From the comment section:

"Read article (not BGR) where they say that most of the malware comes from 3rd party app stores and not Google Play. Not a problem in Europe and the US, but other places like Asia, Africa, and Latin America."

Also, the people who made the report also makes a tool to remove it and costs money to use it. Sounds suspicious to me.

04-05-2014 11:27 AM
    ios and android both have had massive malware holes leaked
    ios had SSL which wasnt secure
    android has had pretty much every linux virus+exclusive viruses as well
    we dont see that happening to wp8 do we? :P
    people in this thread have posted their experiences with their OWN devices,we arent speculating or something,we have experienced issues with other platforms and have shifted to wp8 :)
    Who would code a virus for a platform with such a small percentage user base? That wouldn't be worth it. Android and iOS have leaks and problems an what not. But to say malware ridden (meaning malware and viruses everywhere) is completely false as I said before.

04-05-2014 11:29 AM
    Who would code a virus for a platform with such a small percentage user base? That wouldn't be worth it. Android and iOS have leaks and problems an what not. But to say malware ridden (meaning malware and viruses everywhere) is completely false as I said before.

just google it for proof plus like i said most of us posted our experiences of android and how we didnt like it, no one said its a bad os
    which windows phone do u have anyway? :)
    04-05-2014 12:51 PM
    04-07-2014 11:22 PM
    If you go to the source, Android Police says it just does not do anything. Not malware.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-08-2014 12:05 AM
    If you go to the source, Android Police says it just does not do anything. Not malware.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    yeah but isnt it odd, the top rated paid anti virus does nothing!! lol
    its the biggest proof of how android apps can be malicious + why does angry birds want permissions to make automatic phone calls?? :D
    04-08-2014 05:03 AM
    yeah but isnt it odd, the top rated paid anti virus does nothing!! lol
    its the biggest proof of how android apps can be malicious + why does angry birds want permissions to make automatic phone calls?? :D
    If there was an antivirus for WP which did nothing, people would still download it in the thousands. This is demonstrative of human nature, nothing more.
    04-08-2014 05:13 AM
    If there was an antivirus for WP which did nothing, people would still download it in the thousands. This is demonstrative of human nature, nothing more.
    no its not
    they didnt just download it they paid for it,plus it also shows how google oversees malware and scam apps
    when bbm for android was nearing release there were tonnes of malware ridden versions with blackberry inc etc as the author name
    its how malware ridden android is and how a top rated paid antivirus app is scamming people and doesnt do anything except make u believe u have a virus
    fyi windows phone has kaspersky safe browser but people dont use it as much as IE or other browsers,so thats an understatement
    microsoft and apple takes great care of their app stores and have better quality
    another example-
    http://www.thinkdigit.com/Apps/Fake-...ges_19749.html
    Last edited by Karthik Naik; 04-08-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    04-08-2014 06:07 AM
122 12345