05-01-2014 11:20 PM
176 1234 ...
tools
    Just keep on repping WP. Great phones, great OS and great experience. I've got an iPhone 5 (work), and I much prefer my Lumia 920 in Batman black!
    04-10-2014 09:44 PM
    Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving?
    As someone that has experienced similar responses from iSheep I understand the desire to correct them. But, you can't. They don't want to hear it so forget about them and be happy with your choice. Those types of users select a phone for all the wrong reasons, like how "cool" it is. I don't regret my decision to go with WP and don't care what others think. It works for me.
    James8561 likes this.
    04-10-2014 09:45 PM
    I have a nice black heavy WPhone..... Usually I just politely ask them three things...

1) Can you use MS Excel on your phone??

2) Do you have offline maps?, and lastly

3) Can your camera do this??
    โ€‹
    wp_20140322_03020140322195605.jpg

or this ??

wp_20140111_13_35_38_pro20140111135306.jpg

Love my Nokia 920 !!
    โ€‹
    04-10-2014 09:53 PM
    The easiest way to sour someone against a product is trying to convince someone that its superior to something they use. Why not just casually tell people how much you enjoy your phone, the things it can do and leave it at that.
    04-10-2014 09:58 PM
    I just say it works and does everything I need it to do. Then when their phone locks up or does something it shouldn't I just rub it in.
    04-10-2014 10:19 PM
    The problem with so many that have made the decision to purchase Apple or Android is that if they agree with you it makes them look stupid. They can't handle the truth. And for some it is unnerving to try something different...comfort in familiarity. And for still others why not try to put the burden on them. What makes their phone superior to your phone...ask for specifics, don't accept generalities...why do you have to prove anything.
    04-10-2014 10:21 PM
    You don't.
    04-10-2014 10:22 PM
    You don't have to convince them. If they see that you are enjoying your phone, then, I think they will curious on the OS
    04-10-2014 10:37 PM
    Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving?
    I think the bigger question is why do you care? Does your phone work? Does it suit your needs? If the answers are yes, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It is also not superior to anything, anymore than IOS or Android are superior. They are just tools that all do just about the same thing in somewhat different ways. That people act as if someone insulted their child or kicked their pet will always astound me....
    mikebenigni likes this.
    04-10-2014 10:39 PM
    Consider yourself as one who dares to make a choice for himself instead of being just one off the many follower's......who is the most foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the fool ๐Ÿ˜‰
    04-10-2014 10:47 PM
    Why do you care what your "friends" think. They sound like some hardcore fanboys if they act that ignorant and pretty insultingly rude to your choice of device.
    04-10-2014 10:48 PM
    They either like it or they don't. In the meantime haters ate going to keep hating. No point trying to convince them. It's all up to Microsoft. When windows phone captures more than 36% of the total market then you will not need to convince them.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    04-10-2014 10:52 PM
    What I'd say would be "It has no nonsense stuff, and it's as stable as rock!"
    And tell them not to be influenced by other people, fanboys/girls or not.
    04-10-2014 10:56 PM
    I see no point I trying to convince them.
    04-10-2014 11:13 PM
    Don't. Don't even try, and don't care about it. I've been in similar situations and its just simple to ignore them if they are consistently talking **** about windows phones. They're only doing it because they don't own your phone, its this very simple mentality of "I have this phone therefore its the best because I have it and everyone else is a moron". I laugh at these people, they talk about things with so much authority when they haven't even tried anything else but android/iphone. Let them be ignorant if they want to be.
    04-10-2014 11:40 PM
    At work I had a few people ask me about my phone. One guy was just curious if I liked it and if I felt it was a good device. Then another guy chimed in and started saying Windows Phone 'doesn't work'. I asked him what didn't work several times and he had no real answer. I handed my phone to him and asked him to show me what doesn't work, and he just said he tried to use his mothers WP and didn't like it.

Some people are just comfortable staying only with what they know. Keep enjoying your phone.
    Guytronic likes this.
    04-10-2014 11:59 PM
    Don't. Don't even try, and don't care about it. I've been in similar situations and its just simple to ignore them if they are consistently talking **** about windows phones. They're only doing it because they don't own your phone, its this very simple mentality of "I have this phone therefore its the best because I have it and everyone else is a moron". I laugh at these people, they talk about things with so much authority when they haven't even tried anything else but android/iphone. Let them be ignorant if they want to be.
    That's exactly the same mentality you have. I got WP so it's the best - without regard for the fact that perhaps iPhone or Android users need something different from their phones. My L920 collects dust and will continue to remain unused until it gets a decent SSH app and a better keyboard (specifically one with arrow keys). That's something I need for my job. So I can't use WP even though I like the UI and the hardware.

So all of you - shut up and stop judging. If people prefer something other than WP, that's their right to do so.
    04-11-2014 01:49 AM
    dude, i am so tired of hearing that crap. there are plenty of apps, and windows phone can do so much more than IOS and Android.
    What can wp8 do android cannot ?

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk
    04-11-2014 01:51 AM
    The fact that it isn't superior, it even lacks features at some spots

WP8.1 will get it on par with iOS and Android, but won't make it superior in anyway, it all will become even and the biggest difference is UI, you either love it or hate it
    With Windows 8 people will probably be forced to love WP8 UI aswell

And if they like android let them use it, you don't have to be a part of the band. Learn to be different and always have your own mindset and opinion.

Cheers, Jaska
    gonzo0815 likes this.
    04-11-2014 02:02 AM
    You don't. You got the phone because you like it, not because you wanted to impress your friends. Each OS suites different people. Neither are better in my mind. I know many people that would not like WP, much like I hated iOS for being too simple and boring, but a lot of people like that. Enjoy your phone.
    04-11-2014 02:15 AM
    Care not what these naysayers spew forth!

I would just worry about me knowing I was the Maverick who made the choice that works for me.
    This very subject has been hashed out on one or two other threads.

Be the mature one and enjoy the Windows Phone for it's merits without calling anyone different out as subhuman as your "friends" have done to you.
    You remember how you were observing that these types of threads have been popping up recently? I think I'm just going to start taking count when they pop up. I'm just going to reply with a number to each.
    04-11-2014 02:17 AM
    Be a hipster for once and tell them that both platforms are so mainstream, unless your friends are already hipsters then be that normal person and tell them that both platforms are so mainstream.
    Paul May likes this.
    04-11-2014 02:40 AM
    Am i the only one who find those persons a big fools who keep on saying that Windows Phone is useless.. Windows Phone lacks app.. Windows Phone lacks basic features??
    I am sure am not the only one here! They all look to me a FOOLS!
    04-11-2014 03:01 AM
    Am i the only one who find those persons a big fools who keep on saying that Windows Phone is useless.. Windows Phone lacks app.. Windows Phone lacks basic features??
    It doesn't lack apps for most of people, but it lacks features for sure, WP8.1 as i said earlier will bring it even
    04-11-2014 03:03 AM
    Mate, the only fool here is you, looks like.

I explained that WP is useless FOR ME. NOT to you or to anyone else. Until it gets a keyboard with arrow keys and an SSH app., it is useless
    04-11-2014 03:29 AM
176 1234 ...