How do I convince someone that the Windows Phone is superior? (Surrounded by iphones and androids)

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Give it to them. Let them explore it. Tell them to go into email, exit, open another app, switch apps. It's blazing fast, unlike Android. Show them a few of the gorgeous apps that show off the flagsihp metro interface (Bing News, Bing Sports, Amazing Weather, you name it). Do a voice search and show them how the results are sorted. Race them to get up navigation and have another friend give you guys a spot to find. No way they will beat you to it. You would think that the Androids would be faster -- they aren't. Show them xbox music and tell them you can download any music and fully add it to your collection without buying it. Show them the glance screen.

I'll be honest, just about every person I've shown the phone to, let them play with, etc, loves it if they're open-minded at all.

shamrock1988

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
WP copied ios? Lol only after Johnny Ive completely ripped off windows phone simplistic look.

Anyway. Forget them. Most of us on this forum are in the same boat. I'm the only one in my group of friends with a windows phone.

These people are just scared to be different and break away from the heard of iPhone sheep.

Windows Phone has a gorgeous unique UI, great back up features. Great office / OneNote / one drive intergration. Kids corner,

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Who gives a crap! Let people use what they want and you use what you like. It's that simple. If we all wanted to be "Cool" and in the "mainstream" we wouldn't be using WP. We use it because we love it. PERIOD!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Let them play with your phone a few times. I converted a friend of mine (long time android user) he got a 1520 today, my girlfriend is getting the icon tomorrow, she was a icrap user from day one.

mikebenigni

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I like being part of something that is different. I like that WP8 is not ubiquitous. It's not boring and tired. It stands out in the crowd. Sparks conversations. I find that this carries over into other decisions I make. The car I drive, the bike I ride and the phone I use are all not number one selling products. I like that it's niche but I do wish that some companies would pay more attention to WP8 like HBO, Xfinity, Square to name a few. We shall see. It continues to grow. Thanks to WPCentral and the great WP community.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Just keep on repping WP. Great phones, great OS and great experience. I've got an iPhone 5 (work), and I much prefer my Lumia 920 in Batman black!

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:
As someone that has experienced similar responses from iSheep I understand the desire to correct them. But, you can't. They don't want to hear it so forget about them and be happy with your choice. Those types of users select a phone for all the wrong reasons, like how "cool" it is. I don't regret my decision to go with WP and don't care what others think. It works for me.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a nice black heavy WPhone..... Usually I just politely ask them three things...

1) Can you use MS Excel on your phone??

2) Do you have offline maps?, and lastly

3) Can your camera do this??

WP_20140322_03020140322195605.jpg

or this ??

WP_20140111_13_35_38_Pro20140111135306.jpg

Love my Nokia 920 !!

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way to sour someone against a product is trying to convince someone that its superior to something they use. Why not just casually tell people how much you enjoy your phone, the things it can do and leave it at that.

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
The problem with so many that have made the decision to purchase Apple or Android is that if they agree with you it makes them look stupid. They can't handle the truth. And for some it is unnerving to try something different...comfort in familiarity. And for still others why not try to put the burden on them. What makes their phone superior to your phone...ask for specifics, don't accept generalities...why do you have to prove anything.

mrllano

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to convince them. If they see that you are enjoying your phone, then, I think they will curious on the OS

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:

I think the bigger question is why do you care? Does your phone work? Does it suit your needs? If the answers are yes, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. It is also not superior to anything, anymore than IOS or Android are superior. They are just tools that all do just about the same thing in somewhat different ways. That people act as if someone insulted their child or kicked their pet will always astound me....

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Consider yourself as one who dares to make a choice for himself instead of being just one off the many follower's......who is the most foolish, the fool or the fool who follows the fool 😉

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Why do you care what your "friends" think. They sound like some hardcore fanboys if they act that ignorant and pretty insultingly rude to your choice of device.

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
They either like it or they don't. In the meantime haters ate going to keep hating. No point trying to convince them. It's all up to Microsoft. When windows phone captures more than 36% of the total market then you will not need to convince them.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
What I'd say would be "It has no nonsense stuff, and it's as stable as rock!"
And tell them not to be influenced by other people, fanboys/girls or not.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't. Don't even try, and don't care about it. I've been in similar situations and its just simple to ignore them if they are consistently talking **** about windows phones. They're only doing it because they don't own your phone, its this very simple mentality of "I have this phone therefore its the best because I have it and everyone else is a moron". I laugh at these people, they talk about things with so much authority when they haven't even tried anything else but android/iphone. Let them be ignorant if they want to be.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs