How do I convince someone that the Windows Phone is superior? (Surrounded by iphones and androids)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:

Don't even bother trying to convince them. It'll just turn into a flaming troll war. I'm speaking from personal, off-internet, experience - no offense to those who have switched from ios or android - but a lot of people with those phone OS's, especially iPhone hive minded people that pay $300 to get a fingerprint reader, will never admit that they actually think a feature of WP is good or cool, because they think that liking the other side of the argument will make them look weak (for lack of a better word).

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Lol that could work, but there are some who you just cant argue with... like talking to a brick wall :/

just realized my grammar was bad :3

yeah, some people are not open...
the best way is to show them how it's done...

as for me, I've never had problems with my friends because I have the Nokia Lumia 1020
if they started the sparks, I'd just bash them with the 41 megapixel camera

EDIT: oh, and controlling my phone with a key
that will shut them :p

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
just realized my grammar was bad :3

yeah, some people are not open...
the best way is to show them how it's done...

as for me, I've never had problems with my friends because I have the Nokia Lumia 1020
if they started the sparks, I'd just bash them with the 41 megapixel camera

Hahah that should be MS's sales pitch! Scene... Android users bashing on wp guy... Takes out his phone and simply says 41 MP.. Deal with it :D

Usman Mubashir

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Instantly, when I got my Windows Phone 8, I got negative rep from my friends. One even compared it to a "bag of milk" (I don't get it either) and a useless brick that has lost all hope of becoming a good smart phone. They say it sucks and it lacks the amazing features off the iphone and android. Also, they say it's a total copy and the new 8.1 update is nothing good. How do counter their points? How do I tell them that there is some good in a Windows Phone that is worth trying and loving? :straight:

Defending Windows Phone is easiest of them all now especially after WP8.1. Now people always assume that their choice is the best but I have never been able to counter the WP side of me through Android or iOS side of me. Here is how I do it:
First, you need to establish a very strong knowledge base of not only WP, but also Android, iOS, Apple, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Microsoft and more such so if they present an evidence, you can counter with some facts.
Second, Never let any Android user raise his head above the ****ty lag. Bombard them with such criticism (if they bash you of course, I'd rather not start on my own) even my friend's One (M7) is now laggy as hell and that was one of the smoothest Android last year! I'm sorry, but Android lags so much that its mental pain to use it. There is quite a lot of customization is WP too and I'm happy with it. Although I do give android the credit for home screen which is the feature I like very much but I am ready to sacrifice that if it comes with malware and viruses.

Third, iPhone? okay, Android fans all around the world have successfully proved many times on the web that more than half of their features are copied from older phones. So their originality dies there. The remaining can be countered: "So you are proud of your icons with rounded corners? I'm proud of live tiles" ;) Such small screen is no good when you want to read or play games or watch a video, oh yes iPhone fits easily in your hand, thats about it. And iPhoners are proud of the Billion apps they have, ask him to download them all on his iphone and show you. WP already has almost half as many apps and more than 65% of the top apps.

Lastly I would suggest you to not focus on other's bad options too much, but also look at brighter sider of Windows phone:
1. WP8 integrates with W8 and other Microsoft services so seamlessly, the main benefit is having a Windows PC where Google has no product.
2. MS research is already on to some awesome projects, have you read about HALO 4 running on Lumia 520? It was here on WP Central. A full XBox Game on your Lumia!
3. MS has so much experience in software that WP runs buttery smooth on low end hardware, so you don't have to worry about your phone ageing quickly.

NYRbeezer

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Here's an idea. Worry about YOU and why YOU like whatever device YOU use. If one of my friends was trying to force me to commit ( let's face it, we have to commit to technology) to something I am not interested in, I WILL push them down the stairs and I don't care if I get jail time or not. I am so turned off by people who think whatever they use is the best and what not and try to preach to me like it's a life or death matter. Who cares? I use WP because I like it. I also use IPhone because I like it. That's it. I really don't give a crap about super duper processors and 78894894894 million gigs of ram or super resolution 4 inch screens. None of that matters. If that's all that you got going for in your life I suggest you move out of the parent's house. Get a dog, start getting laid and life progresses.

Usman Mubashir

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
For the record, Only 1 out of dozens of people I converted ever complained much about the WP's features and he too loved it after the black update. Try not to engage in battle with those who are fanboys, they will never listen, just tell a noob looking for a new phone to get a Lumia for following reasons:
1. It will work Always, never lag!
2. The camera is unmatched.
3. Office
4. XBox games are the best.
5. many sites agree that apps look more beautiful on WP.
6. get them excited about the developer preview program so they can enjoy new features early.
7. make them believe that it is best bang for buck value because Microsoft and Nokia are gods in their respective arenas (software and hardware)
Once you get some people converted, you will be able to counter the fanboys by just referring them to your recruits who can them self tell them they have no complain.

ebzrascal

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I own a Nokia 1020, Galaxy Note 1 and Iphone 4s and to be honest even though I love Windows Phone, I don`t recommend it to family and friends all the time. I try to be honest and ask them what they want from the device and OS etc...you should not be trying to convince everyone to switch to windows phone as just like IOS and Android it is not best for everyone.

If they want a simple, fast and functional OS with the latest games, social apps and need banking, tv, local apps on great small screen hardware, with good camera then I would say Iphone.

If they want complete freedom to tweak settings, the look of the UI , play the latest games, social apps and need banking, tv, local apps on great hardware with a larger screen then I would say Android.

If they want smooth, pretty, personal UI and not so bothered by latest games, social apps or banking,tv,local apps etc... I would definitely say Windows Phone..

Hopefully in 2015 Windows Phone will tick all the boxes but at the moment it does not..

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting, since the first Android phone was released five and a half years ago. So, what features were you using seven years ago with Android?
I have WP (Primary), Android (Work), and iOS (G/F's Tablet)
So far I haven't seen anything that WP can do that Android cannot.
What irritates me more is that I have the official MS RDP app on my Android, but it isn't on my WP.

Looking at the features coming to 8.1 it looks like it might catch up to where Android was 7 years ago.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Meh. Trying to one up someone with a phone is stupid. It'll turn into a contest of nit picking and semantics. It's not worth it. I set out to find myself a smartphone that I wanted/needed. Simplicity and integration into the greater MS ecosystem. So far I'm quite happy with that. Remember... they can **** on your hardware, but they can't **** on your contentment. Be happy with what you have, and let the haters hate.

Here's my advice. Go buy yourself a really nice pair of pants. Each time they talk crap about your phone, just think to yourself. "I've got the best pair of pants in the world." At the end of the day you'll find that thinking about pants is about as silly as trying to one up a person with technology. It'll all be outdated by year's end, but pants? Those are eternal.

Anirudh Dwarakanath

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Just don't care about them. This OS is a really good and stable OS. As long as you realize that, I don't think you should be worried about that. I have an 8X, and I found it to be amazing value for money at the price I got it for. True, it may lack some of the features and apps of the other OSs, but nothing t

Anirudh Dwarakanath

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Just don't care about them. This OS is a really good and stable OS. As long as you realize that, I don't think you should be worried about that. I have an 8X, and I found it to be amazing value for money at the price I got it for. True, it may lack some of the features and apps of the other OSs, but nothing too crippling.

vaultsurvivor

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Don't even worry. If your phone does what you need it to then let them make their own conclusions. There is not really a lot wrong with any of the os' anymore (other than little niggles like apple being a bit dull now/google being evil), as a lot of the lag with android has been solved and ios is pretty hassle free for the non-techies. I would just explain why you chose wp. I chose it cos i like to try different things (had android for a couple of years and an idevice before that before everyone you met had them), and i have to say I actually enjoy using wp. The os doesn't get in the way, and I love the start screen every time I look at it. And the bing daily wallpaper lol. I am a bit of a Microsoft fan, and I think theyve really hit a nail on the head with this is, I just find it (and its potential for growth) exciting atm. Just remain indifferent to their taunts, if you rise to them then you validate them; just point out that you don't like following what everyone else does. And that it still works as a phone and web browser. What more could you need lol?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
get both your friends with an iPhone and an android, strip all phones bare naked, do a 1.5m drop test, keep doing it, last one to survive, forces the others to get the some phone for all three of you. ��

Jokes aside, show them Nokia refocus, show them the maps, show them the speed, show them the keyboard, wait three days and show them WP8.1.

btw most of the people I know had to pay 100$ extra for screen repairs.

Ashwani Chaudhary

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
dont be botherered by those fake people.Every OS has its pro and con but i can say if android is the young and new but the windows OS is the classics and you cant beat the classics, i am proud and you should feel proud too to stand apart and be the part of the Classics. LOVE Windows

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Mate, the only fool here is you, looks like.

I explained that WP is useless FOR ME. NOT to you or to anyone else. Until it gets a keyboard with arrow keys and an SSH app., it is useless

Listen Up! Did i mentioned your name in my post?? Did i replied to your post?? NO!
So Shut the **** up!
Perhaps you didn't read my post well enough!
I told that the persons who say they don't like WP because of Apps and Basic Features those are fools..! NOT YOU SPECIFICALLY!!
Mind That!

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Convincing someone that their device is inferior to what you are using is rather difficult. Since everyone chooses a device for their own needs and specifications, things that are superior to you won't be superior to another.

So my advice to you is, stop trying to convince others. Simply use your device with a smile without any care of what other might tell you. They would probably stop their hate and try to see what good you see in it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo