05-11-2014 08:05 PM
114 12345
tools
    ... and maybe the stupid and crappy shop assistant was right (and that's what pisses me off the most).

The thing is, what should I do? What would you do? And if someone has read so far, please answer and tell me your story and your opinions.

Thank you so much.:DD
    PS. If there's a grammar mistake please pardon me as I'm not a native speaker. Greetings from Barcelona.:D
    I honestly can't say I've been having any battery issues as of ever, but if I found the experience on Android to be that much better... I'd switch in a heartbeat. Then again I've been using WP not for the hardware or UI, but for the fact it's Microsoft. (Not a fan of Google or Apple's terms of usage.) While I do wish you'd stick to Windows Phone, the allure of apps, developer love, and choices is pretty hard to ignore. By all means, you shouldn't be doing a soul search between phone OSes. If Android really impressed you that much, go ahead and take the plunge. Worst comes to worst, you'll be back here in a year or so.

On a side note: That shop assistant was full of it. I don't think any smartphone OS is "crap" by any metric, and being so... terrible as a sales person alienates a sizable potential customer base.
    meddyrainzo likes this.
    05-04-2014 01:04 AM
    If Windows Phone didn't succeed, I would begrudgingly and with anxiety get an Android with all kinds of monitoring apps and virus checkers and hope those apps had no viruses. If Android fell too, then I would get a beeper.
    I laughed too much with the beeper thing. Then again, you're absolutely right.
    05-04-2014 07:00 AM
    First of all, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read and answer this post.

Also, I would like to make myself clear and say that I really love my WP and my Lumia, I'm not saying that I want to either change in a heartbeat to an Android (or a Lagdroid as some of you funnily say) or to a Galaxy S4. I just said that the feeling, compared with my ex Galaxy S1, is very superior.
    In addition, not an Apple fun only for the high prices only, there are more. And not a pro-gamer or apps-obsessed but i like my apps fully-functional and with at least the same features as the same app in other OSs.

Finally and with your help, I made up my mind.

I changed to WP for a reason and I'm gonna stick to that. You're very right when you guys say that updates and developers are coming and my issues are probably (or surely) going to be resolved and I also share, as some of you do, the feeling of uniqueness of having this phone (although I don't like the feeling I get when I want to buy a case for my Lumia and they basically sell cases for Samsung or iPhone).
    As I said, I'm going to be with my L920 for another year (minimum) and probably get a new WP device after this.

Again, thanks to every and each one of you for your answers.:DD
    05-04-2014 07:27 AM
    Have sam exact problem here. Was on Lumia 820, switched to Xperia SP and then back to the Lumia 820 again (Mostly because of the RAM which WAS terrible and took just okay photos.)

But just one month after switch back, I suddenly became bored of WP somehow (and I am on WP8.1). I changed the tiles, the background but I am still bored. Admittedly, apps are not as much and good as on Google Play. So now, I miss my Xperia SP. Since I am due on upgrade months later, my choice will be Vibe Z (Lenovo), Galaxy S5, Oppo Find 7a or Xperia Z1 (You heard that right, the Z1). Three of these phones has the same price, except S5.

Nokia is not a choice for me since the X series is too low on specs. And WP is just no anymore. RAMs on all of these Android phones are high enough to address my issues.
    It's your choice actually. I must say when I used the SP, I was impressed with Android for customizing and its speed (RAM is terrible after 4.3 update and even then it was fixed). Android is not as bad as it was. :)

EDIT :
    (Woots, it seems I was too late lol)
    A895 and juaanmii920 like this.
    05-04-2014 07:33 AM
    (Woots, it seems I was too late lol)
    LOL, more answers are always appreciated, hahaha :DD
    JackMerson likes this.
    05-04-2014 07:36 AM
    I'm tempted to get the z2 all the fine poontang I'm missing not having tinder is unacceptable
    A895 likes this.
    05-04-2014 07:42 AM
    Like I said, it's always about preferences. I'm no fanboy of any OS or phone. I love the customization of Android (I make my own widgets with Zooper Pro), I like how my iPhone seamlessly works with my car stereo and its smoothness, and I love the live tiles and smoothness of WP.

I left iPhone for Android because I got tired of jailbreaking it to get the functionality I needed...I left Android for WP because I got tired of rooting and flashing ROMs it to get the stability I needed. I bought another iPhone because I didn't need to jailbreak anymore, but to me it felt like they tried too hard to give more to its users and it feels like a cluttered mess with iOS 7. I decided to buy the N5 for no branding and Kit Kat. I was pleased, but with the more customization you add, the less performance you get out of the phone...I was back to rooting and flashing to overclock and get a smoother OS with the deep customization. With WP, especially with WP8.1, I feel I don't have to do anything in order to get what I need. I got live tiles and some customization... not to mention a smooth OS.

That's why I laugh when people talk less of an OS. I understand that this is a WP forum, but with my experience with all 3 OS it's what you do with your phone that makes it "virus-ridden," or lagging or whatever the problem is...not the phone itself. Android is not laggy and virus-prone out of the box...it's what a person puts on it and downloads to it that makes it that way.

Anyways, glad we could help on your decision. Like I said in my last post though, nothing's wrong with having more than one OS.
    05-04-2014 03:16 PM
    I will be honest here me personally use my Nokia 920 as my daily driver. Android is good so I have windows and android.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    prasath1234 likes this.
    05-04-2014 09:15 PM
    25%/hour of battery usage seems insane, are you constantly using the phone during the hour? My battery life increased from five to 6~7% per hour after 8.1 and I already feel the annoyance...is there any random app that you might've downloaded sometimes in the past that's running in the background causing the problem?

Anyway, like everyone said I think it really just depends on you. I personally have 360+ apps downloaded (about 300 installed) on my L920, some are of (much) lower quality than others, but overall all my needs are satisfied. I also have the second gen. Nexus 7 for my android experience; sure it has more apps, some of great quality, but the inconsistency between each app and each interface is really a deal breaker for me in terms of future android purchase. Plus, while there are more potential choices, after testing a number of them you will eventually end up with just one or two for each type of app, which are likely available on WP8 as well. To be honest, Android really feels like the internet in late 90s/early 2000s, full of cheap programs with all the ad placement and random plugins that will eventually slow your device down. So at least for that reason I will stay with WP a while longer.

In anycase, perhaps get an android phone to try for a week or two, worst come you can return it and maybe pay a re-shelving fee; then you will know first hand which phone you prefer.
    juaanmii920 likes this.
    05-05-2014 04:12 PM
    25%/hour of battery usage seems insane, are you constantly using the phone during the hour? My battery life increased from five to 6~7% per hour after 8.1 and I already feel the annoyance...is there any random app that you might've downloaded sometimes in the past that's running in the background causing the problem?

Anyway, like everyone said I think it really just depends on you. I personally have 360+ apps downloaded (about 300 installed) on my L920, some are of (much) lower quality than others, but overall all my needs are satisfied. I also have the second gen. Nexus 7 for my android experience; sure it has more apps, some of great quality, but the inconsistency between each app and each interface is really a deal breaker for me in terms of future android purchase. Plus, while there are more potential choices, after testing a number of them you will eventually end up with just one or two for each type of app, which are likely available on WP8 as well. To be honest, Android really feels like the internet in late 90s/early 2000s, full of cheap programs with all the ad placement and random plugins that will eventually slow your device down. So at least for that reason I will stay with WP a while longer.

In anycase, perhaps get an android phone to try for a week or two, worst come you can return it and maybe pay a re-shelving fee; then you will know first hand which phone you prefer.
    I totally agree, I despise Android for the huge mess that it is. I just can't believe wp8 gets overlooked all the time for Android devices..... Makes me think most people have bad taste ๐Ÿ‘…..
    05-05-2014 04:18 PM
    If you are having problems on WP and are thinking of moving to Android again I don`t blame you. In recent Android flagships and the OS itself, it is getting harder and harder to say bad things about Android. I honestly can only knock Android for Google intrusiveness with Google Plus, but other than that, Android app quality and quantity is getting up there with iOS and flagships of late have good battery life, decent cameras and micro SD slots if you want that sort of thing. I actually played with an S5 yesterday and it felt real good in hand. If you do go to Android, the S5 and Moto X should be at the top of your list.
    I don't think even the android community cared for the Moto x lol.
    05-05-2014 04:37 PM
    Something else to bear in mind, you're not a person to Google. Run Android and you're just an advertising number for Google to make money on. May as well shove a tracking chip in your *** and have your mail forwarded to Mountain View.
    That being said, my current phone is a Samsung ATIV SE, great battery life. My last was Nokia Icon, also great battery life. The phone before that, an HTC One. I loved my HTC One. Only thing missing was the SD card which is now corrected in this year's model. If I went back to Android, that would be my choice.
    juaanmii920 likes this.
    05-06-2014 12:09 AM
    I totally agree, I despise Android for the huge mess that it is. I just can't believe wp8 gets overlooked all the time for Android devices..... Makes me think most people have bad taste ๐Ÿ‘…..
    It's not that they have bad taste,they are still waiting for the next big thing.lol.lol.lol

Someone said Androids have good battery life,well I have gotten just as good if not better battery life with 8.1 than any rom running on any android,including my note II.

Just today,I saw posted here about getting a $25 voucher from Microsoft just for S&G's cause I bought a Lumina,heck,I bought 7 Androids and 3 iPhones and never got that before.

I โค this phone and OS and truly believe it has a awesome future and if Google or Apple thinks they are better....well... they need to put the pipe down and step away from it,cause this one is just getting started.

Mac
    05-06-2014 12:38 AM
    They did, it took time for everyone to realize that you can have an Android phone with a dual core processor and still perform just as good as any other high end phone. It`s all about optimization on Android nowadays, specs no longer matter.
    05-06-2014 08:12 AM
    It's not that they have bad taste,they are still waiting for the next big thing.lol.lol.lol

Someone said Androids have good battery life,well I have gotten just as good if not better battery life with 8.1 than any rom running on any android,including my note II.

Just today,I saw posted here about getting a $25 voucher from Microsoft just for S&G's cause I bought a Lumina,heck,I bought 7 Androids and 3 iPhones and never got that before.

I โค this phone and OS and truly believe it has a awesome future and if Google or Apple thinks they are better....well... they need to put the pipe down and step away from it,cause this one is just getting started.

Mac
    Well said brother.
    05-06-2014 08:19 AM
    They did, it took time for everyone to realize that you can have an Android phone with a dual core processor and still perform just as good as any other high end phone. It`s all about optimization on Android nowadays, specs no longer matter.
    I also remember alot of ******** about the camera, and some other stuff.
    05-06-2014 08:28 AM
    You're right,they didn't.

The vast majority of people who run with Android of any flavor never root them or run custom roms.And the Moto X truly needs to to run the best.

Truth be said,the vast majority of any Androids need to be and all IPhones need to be jail broken to be at their best.

To me ,that is what is so appealing about WP, it runs better out of the box without having to over clock it because it's designed to be.

It's rather funny to me, the majority of the world uses Windows over anything else for desktops and servers, just think when everything in Windows is fully integrated, whose phones will be leading then? ๐Ÿ˜

Mac
    carlos12001 likes this.
    05-06-2014 12:22 PM

The vast majority of people who run with Android of any flavor never root them or run custom roms.And the Moto X truly needs to to run the best.

Truth be said,the vast majority of any Androids need to be and all IPhones need to be jail broken to be at their best.

To me ,that is what is so appealing about WP, it runs better out of the box without having to over clock it because it's designed to be.

It's rather funny to me, the majority of the world uses Windows over anything else for desktops and servers, just think when everything in Windows is fully integrated, whose phones will be leading then? ๐Ÿ˜

Mac
    Exactly what I've always said, you have to babysit android and make sure it works as it should
    05-06-2014 07:44 PM

Mac
    Agreed you have to root android to run it with bearable speed.especially low or. Mid end.but rooting is not that difficult anyone can head to google nd type root "your phone name".

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    05-07-2014 02:42 AM
    Exactly what I've always said, you have to babysit android and make sure it works as it should
    You must have a really low end POS. I have used a Samsung Gem (Google it and look at the specs), a Droid Incredible 2, and a Moto X. None of these devices had to be babysat. I just used them. If you are a tech geek and are constantly looking for lag or slowdown yeah you will see it, but that goes for any platform, because I have seen that resuming screen for seconds at a time in WP. Or seen a iPhone lag on the homescreen, and BB10 lag in the browser. But you have to look for it. At that, a lot of times I see these "babysat Android" claims, they were from older devices and none of the devices which are newer.
    05-07-2014 09:35 AM
    Agreed you have to root android to run it with bearable speed.especially low or. Mid end.but rooting is not that difficult anyone can head to google nd type root "your phone name".

No rooting is difficult, I am more technically savvy than most people but I have never rooted and I never need to, rooting is a solution that Android no longer needs anymore as Android has matured enough for rooting is just for those extra features that don`t come with stock Android.
    05-07-2014 09:36 AM
    K i understand maybe flagship android need not be rooted but mid end nd low end needs to be rooted.Xperia c need to be rooted for performance improvement.

05-07-2014 09:55 AM
    You must have a really low end POS. I have used a Samsung Gem (Google it and look at the specs), a Droid Incredible 2, and a Moto X. None of these devices had to be babysat. I just used them. If you are a tech geek and are constantly looking for lag or slowdown yeah you will see it, but that goes for any platform, because I have seen that resuming screen for seconds at a time in WP. Or seen a iPhone lag on the homescreen, and BB10 lag in the browser. But you have to look for it. At that, a lot of times I see these "babysat Android" claims, they were from older devices and none of the devices which are newer.
    I never had low end android phone, always high end, they still suck.
    Last edited by carlos12001; 05-07-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    05-07-2014 11:36 AM
    I never had slow and android phone,

Then you're lucky, I had 5 Samsung S3's, before I have up on that phone. I also had several others that sucked. The HTC One was a great phone, but I like my 1520 better. Just wish it had speakers in the front instead of the back.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk
    05-07-2014 11:42 AM
    Then you're lucky, I had 5 Samsung S3's, before I have up on that phone. I also had several others that sucked. The HTC One was a great phone, but I like my 1520 better. Just wish it had speakers in the front instead of the back.

Whoa, whoa! Edit that post, don't know how that came about. Yes ever android phone I ever had was buggy and crappy, all high end.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk
    05-07-2014 01:11 PM
114 12345