What should I do? Move back to Android?

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
If you are having problems on WP and are thinking of moving to Android again I don`t blame you. In recent Android flagships and the OS itself, it is getting harder and harder to say bad things about Android. I honestly can only knock Android for Google intrusiveness with Google Plus, but other than that, Android app quality and quantity is getting up there with iOS and flagships of late have good battery life, decent cameras and micro SD slots if you want that sort of thing. I actually played with an S5 yesterday and it felt real good in hand. If you do go to Android, the S5 and Moto X should be at the top of your list.
I don't think even the android community cared for the Moto x lol.

Novron

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Something else to bear in mind, you're not a person to Google. Run Android and you're just an advertising number for Google to make money on. May as well shove a tracking chip in your *** and have your mail forwarded to Mountain View.
That being said, my current phone is a Samsung ATIV SE, great battery life. My last was Nokia Icon, also great battery life. The phone before that, an HTC One. I loved my HTC One. Only thing missing was the SD card which is now corrected in this year's model. If I went back to Android, that would be my choice.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree, I despise Android for the huge mess that it is. I just can't believe wp8 gets overlooked all the time for Android devices..... Makes me think most people have bad taste 👅..

It's not that they have bad taste,they are still waiting for the next big thing.lol.lol.lol

Someone said Androids have good battery life,well I have gotten just as good if not better battery life with 8.1 than any rom running on any android,including my note II.

Just today,I saw posted here about getting a $25 voucher from Microsoft just for S&G's cause I bought a Lumina,heck,I bought 7 Androids and 3 iPhones and never got that before.

I ❤ this phone and OS and truly believe it has a awesome future and if Google or Apple thinks they are better....well... they need to put the pipe down and step away from it,cause this one is just getting started.

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

They did, it took time for everyone to realize that you can have an Android phone with a dual core processor and still perform just as good as any other high end phone. It`s all about optimization on Android nowadays, specs no longer matter.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
It's not that they have bad taste,they are still waiting for the next big thing.lol.lol.lol

Someone said Androids have good battery life,well I have gotten just as good if not better battery life with 8.1 than any rom running on any android,including my note II.

Just today,I saw posted here about getting a $25 voucher from Microsoft just for S&G's cause I bought a Lumina,heck,I bought 7 Androids and 3 iPhones and never got that before.

I ❤ this phone and OS and truly believe it has a awesome future and if Google or Apple thinks they are better....well... they need to put the pipe down and step away from it,cause this one is just getting started.

Mac

Well said brother.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
They did, it took time for everyone to realize that you can have an Android phone with a dual core processor and still perform just as good as any other high end phone. It`s all about optimization on Android nowadays, specs no longer matter.

I also remember alot of ******** about the camera, and some other stuff.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

You're right,they didn't.

The vast majority of people who run with Android of any flavor never root them or run custom roms.And the Moto X truly needs to to run the best.

Truth be said,the vast majority of any Androids need to be and all IPhones need to be jail broken to be at their best.
To me ,that is what is so appealing about WP, it runs better out of the box without having to over clock it because it's designed to be.

It's rather funny to me, the majority of the world uses Windows over anything else for desktops and servers, just think when everything in Windows is fully integrated, whose phones will be leading then? 😁

Mac

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site

The vast majority of people who run with Android of any flavor never root them or run custom roms.And the Moto X truly needs to to run the best.

Truth be said,the vast majority of any Androids need to be and all IPhones need to be jail broken to be at their best.
To me ,that is what is so appealing about WP, it runs better out of the box without having to over clock it because it's designed to be.

It's rather funny to me, the majority of the world uses Windows over anything else for desktops and servers, just think when everything in Windows is fully integrated, whose phones will be leading then? 😁

Mac
Exactly what I've always said, you have to babysit android and make sure it works as it should

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

Mac

Agreed you have to root android to run it with bearable speed.especially low or. Mid end.but rooting is not that difficult anyone can head to google nd type root "your phone name".

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what I've always said, you have to babysit android and make sure it works as it should

You must have a really low end POS. I have used a Samsung Gem (Google it and look at the specs), a Droid Incredible 2, and a Moto X. None of these devices had to be babysat. I just used them. If you are a tech geek and are constantly looking for lag or slowdown yeah you will see it, but that goes for any platform, because I have seen that resuming screen for seconds at a time in WP. Or seen a iPhone lag on the homescreen, and BB10 lag in the browser. But you have to look for it. At that, a lot of times I see these "babysat Android" claims, they were from older devices and none of the devices which are newer.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Agreed you have to root android to run it with bearable speed.especially low or. Mid end.but rooting is not that difficult anyone can head to google nd type root "your phone name".

No rooting is difficult, I am more technically savvy than most people but I have never rooted and I never need to, rooting is a solution that Android no longer needs anymore as Android has matured enough for rooting is just for those extra features that don`t come with stock Android.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
K i understand maybe flagship android need not be rooted but mid end nd low end needs to be rooted.Xperia c need to be rooted for performance improvement.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
You must have a really low end POS. I have used a Samsung Gem (Google it and look at the specs), a Droid Incredible 2, and a Moto X. None of these devices had to be babysat. I just used them. If you are a tech geek and are constantly looking for lag or slowdown yeah you will see it, but that goes for any platform, because I have seen that resuming screen for seconds at a time in WP. Or seen a iPhone lag on the homescreen, and BB10 lag in the browser. But you have to look for it. At that, a lot of times I see these "babysat Android" claims, they were from older devices and none of the devices which are newer.

I never had low end android phone, always high end, they still suck.

Last edited:

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I never had slow and android phone,

Then you're lucky, I had 5 Samsung S3's, before I have up on that phone. I also had several others that sucked. The HTC One was a great phone, but I like my 1520 better. Just wish it had speakers in the front instead of the back.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Then you're lucky, I had 5 Samsung S3's, before I have up on that phone. I also had several others that sucked. The HTC One was a great phone, but I like my 1520 better. Just wish it had speakers in the front instead of the back.

Whoa, whoa! Edit that post, don't know how that came about. Yes ever android phone I ever had was buggy and crappy, all high end.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1520, w/AT&T using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I never had low end android phone, always high end, they still suck.

So you owned the M8, S5, Z2, Note 3, G2, Moto X, or even the Nexus 5? Those are the recent high end devices. Otherwise I would take your anecdotal claim with a grain of salt.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
K i understand maybe flagship android need not be rooted but mid end nd low end needs to be rooted.Xperia c need to be rooted for performance improvement.

No it does not. There are literally millions of people with Android devices in the mid to low end and I doubt they rooted their device. Contrary to popular belief rooting is not a popular thing.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
So you owned the M8, S5, Z2, Note 3, G2, Moto X, or even the Nexus 5? Those are the recent high end devices. Otherwise I would take your anecdotal claim with a grain of salt.

Take what you want- however you want it, I don't care either way. The last high end device I used was the s3, all that power and still slow. I will however admit that the latest android aren't too, too bad, but I wouldn't own one. I like consistency, performance, and privacy. Btw, I have rooted/rommed my brains out... no improvement..

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Take what you want- however you want it, I don't care either way. The last high end device I used was the s3, all that power and still slow. I will however admit that the latest android aren't too, too bad, but I wouldn't own one. I like consistency, performance, and privacy. Btw, I have rooted/rommed my brains out... no improvement..

I've owned all of the Galaxy line,back to the Captivate with a couple Atrix to boot.

I had to root them just to get the features I wanted and to get them to perform as they should have out if the box.

This 1520 out performs any that I have owned and of the latest s5 or any Motorola phones. This is without any over clocking,just imagine what this phone could do if you could...lol �

Rooting and custom roms and jail breaking is a necessary part of life if one wants to have their phone to work properly without all the bloat the majority comes with.

I have nothing against rooted phones or custom roms or jail breaking all of my past Androids and iPhones have been that way,but can honestly say that this is the very first time I have never needed to do either with this 1520.

WP is a different beast and I am glad it is.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, as I thought. The S3 is two years old now. Privacy is the same as Microsoft, the difference being Google has a social network, and is more transparent because it is beyond easy to delve into a your Google Dashboard and opt out of stuff, get rid of Google Plus and privatize all searches and whatnot. I think the fear-mongering about Google comes from the fact that they make most of their money from ads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb