What should I do? Move back to Android?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I've owned all of the Galaxy line,back to the Captivate with a couple Atrix to boot.

I had to root them just to get the features I wanted and to get them to perform as they should have out if the box.

This 1520 out performs any that I have owned and of the latest s5 or any Motorola phones. This is without any over clocking,just imagine what this phone could do if you could...lol �

Rooting and custom roms and jail breaking is a necessary part of life if one wants to have their phone to work properly without all the bloat the majority comes with.

I have nothing against rooted phones or custom roms or jail breaking all of my past Androids and iPhones have been that way,but can honestly say that this is the very first time I have never needed to do either with this 1520.

WP is a different beast and I am glad it is.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

You do not need to root or ROM to get Android phones to work properly,nor do you need to jailbreak on iOS and I have owned low end phones to the Moto X. Never needed to root. Seeing as they 1520 incorporates similar hardware to other Android devices and has the same OS through and through on all WP devices yeah, it wil feel fast as WP is an OS that was optimized on lower end specs from the start. Android only recently got there with KitKat.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, as I thought. The S3 is two years old now. Privacy is the same as Microsoft, the difference being Google has a social network, and is more transparent because it is beyond easy to delve into a your Google Dashboard and opt out of stuff, get rid of Google Plus and privatize all searches and whatnot. I think the fear-mongering about Google comes from the fact that they make most of their money from ads.
So now the wildy popular s3 was a low end phone now? Yeah, Anyways enough arguing on my end, but google has been caught in the past involving privacy and security concerns. I will however agree with you on the fact that jb/root isn't necessary anymore, but that's about it. If you're so into android then why aren't you on android central giving high fives over there?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So now the wildy popular s3 was a low end phone now? Yeah, Anyways enough arguing on my end, but google has been caught in the past involving privacy and security concerns. I will however agree with you on the fact that jb/root isn't necessary anymore, but that's about it. If you're so into android then why aren't you on android central giving high fives over there?

The S3 is TWO years old. Google has been caught in the past because people don`t like Google Plus including me, I don`t even use social networks. Also, we don`t give high fives and I have been on WPCentral for long time, you don`t get the right to try tell me where I can post.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Take what you want- however you want it, I don't care either way. The last high end device I used was the s3, all that power and still slow. I will however admit that the latest android aren't too, too bad, but I wouldn't own one. I like consistency, performance, and privacy. Btw, I have rooted/rommed my brains out... no improvement..
Dude, don't get biased here. If you tried only 1 brand of Android (Samsung in this case) and it lags, then say Android is laggy, isn't that hasty generalization? Samsung is notorious for its bloatware, especially on the S4. I also had an S3 previously, and it didn't lag as much if you don't tamper with it as much too. Other Android phones such as the Z2 and M8 are zippy fast, those are real power horses right there. Ended up selling my S3 though, as it is not powerful.

DW though WP is fluid and fast, and if you like it props to you. I also switched to L520 from S3 because of my S3 getting quite old, and wanting to see what WP is like.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Dude, don't get biased here. If you tried only 1 brand of Android (Samsung in this case) and it lags, then say Android is laggy, isn't that hasty generalization? Samsung is notorious for its bloatware, especially on the S4. I also had an S3 previously, and it didn't lag as much if you don't tamper with it as much too. Other Android phones such as the Z2 and M8 are zippy fast, those are real power horses right there. Ended up selling my S3 though, as it is not powerful.

DW though WP is fluid and fast, and if you like it props to you. I also switched to L520 from S3 because of my S3 getting quite old, and wanting to see what WP is like.

As I said in previous posts, I've had plenty of android phones. I did however say mu LAST one was the s3, and it was trash just like the rest of them.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
The S3 is TWO years old. Google has been caught in the past because people don`t like Google Plus including me, I don`t even use social networks. Also, we don`t give high fives and I have been on WPCentral for long time, you don`t get the right to try tell me where I can post.

Great, you're right and I'm wrong...whatever. I didn't tell you where to post, I asked you a question-

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Great, you're right and I'm wrong...whatever. I didn't tell you where to post, I asked you a question-

I am into Android and WP. Is that hard to understand? I may not have gotten one yet, but I have rooted for the platform for a long time.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You do not need to root or ROM to get Android phones to work properly,nor do you need to jailbreak on iOS and I have owned low end phones to the Moto X. Never needed to root. Seeing as they 1520 incorporates similar hardware to other Android devices and has the same OS through and through on all WP devices yeah, it wil feel fast as WP is an OS that was optimized on lower end specs from the start. Android only recently got there with KitKat.

You might not think so,but I can assure you rooting and jail breaking them allows you to do far more,and in many cases is that I personally know is the only way of correct issues most have out of the box. Rooting and jail breaking is the only way some Androids and iPhones will ever be upgraded too,long after official support has stopped. All one has to do to see this is to go to XDA on look for your outdated phones. Without rooting options my Captivate would have been in the drawer a year after purchasing it. Same for my Hero.

You say you don't need to root,how else can you change them to get the best reception or GPS signal,since they vary so must from region to region? Don't tell me they don't,because I know better. I've been rooting them before cupcake. If it wasn't for the great developers over there,many functions taken for granted today on each wouldn't be there. That is the main advantage of open source over closed systems while also at the same time it's greatest vulnerability.

No...rooting and jail breaking is needed to make both function best,it allows the consumer the choice of who controls the phone. Some may never need it,some have no choice but to do it if they have problems with their phone. It's always a risk having the choice but at least the choice is yours.

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You might not think so,but I can assure you rooting and jail breaking them allows you to do far more,and in many cases is that I personally know is the only way of correct issues most have out of the box. Rooting and jail breaking is the only way some Androids and iPhones will ever be upgraded too,long after official support has stopped. All one has to do to see this is to go to XDA on look for your outdated phones. Without rooting options my Captivate would have been in the drawer a year after purchasing it. Same for my Hero.

You say you don't need to root,how else can you change them to get the best reception or GPS signal,since they vary so must from region to region? Don't tell me they don't,because I know better. I've been rooting them before cupcake. If it wasn't for the great developers over there,many functions taken for granted today on each wouldn't be there. That is the main advantage of open source over closed systems while also at the same time it's greatest vulnerability.

No...rooting and jail breaking is needed to make both function best,it allows the consumer the choice of who controls the phone. Some may never need it,some have no choice but to do it if they have problems with their phone. It's always a risk having the choice but at least the choice is yours.

Mac

Like I said, I never needed to root. You make it seem root is needed it's not. Those extra tweaks may seem needed to you, but for me and millions others we will be fine. Also FYI, average consumers don't care about updates. As long as they can play candy crush and browse instagram and Facebook in a relatively speedy manner, they will be fine.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Like I said, I never needed to root. You make it seem root is needed it's not. Those extra tweaks may seem needed to you, but for me and millions others we will be fine. Also FYI, average consumers don't care about updates. As long as they can play candy crush and browse instagram and Facebook in a relatively speedy manner, they will be fine.

I know,but I also know that Millions have half bake phones that don't work properly and are totally ignorant of this fact.

Sure...they can play some lame game or tweet about something equally as lame and yes...that is okay...but it doesn't change what I said..to get the vast majority Androids or IPhones phones to work properly,they need to be rooted or jail broken to do this,and to maintain they don't shows that you don't know the reality of either...

People like you who live in a fantasy land believing most Androids or iPhones are fine out if the box,need to pull you heads out of your backsides and stop breathing your glorified air...look at the numbers of people on xda forums trying to get them to work right. They may work fine for some folks limited usage,but the majority of them are so full of bloat ware and have so many things wrong that they crash eventually. This is a undisputable fact regardless wither you have had any issues or not.

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I know,but I also know that Millions have half bake phones that don't work properly and are totally ignorant of this fact.

Sure...they can play some lame game or tweet about something equally as lame and yes...that is okay...but it doesn't change what I said..to get the vast majority Androids or IPhones phones to work properly,they need to be rooted or jail broken to do this,and to maintain they don't shows that you don't know the reality of either...

People like you who live in a fantasy land believing most Androids or iPhones are fine out if the box,need to pull you heads out of your backsides and stop breathing your glorified air...look at the numbers of people on xda forums trying to get them to work right. They may work fine for some folks limited usage,but the majority of them are so full of bloat ware and have so many things wrong that they crash eventually. This is a undisputable fact regardless wither you have had any issues or not.

Mac

What??? Now I know you are tripping. They are fine out of the box, you live in a world where everything has to be tweaked and fixed and done over, when in reality it does not. XDA is a terrible benchmark for who had problems or not seeing as rooting is very niche.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, as I thought. The S3 is two years old now. Privacy is the same as Microsoft, the difference being Google has a social network, and is more transparent because it is beyond easy to delve into a your Google Dashboard and opt out of stuff, get rid of Google Plus and privatize all searches and whatnot. I think the fear-mongering about Google comes from the fact that they make most of their money from ads.

so the 920 is 2 years old too , yet it remains a solid selling phone
google is evil, microsoft is no longer evil(it once was before 2000s or something)
atleast microsoft doesnt force you to use their services or login everywhere or even sell ur data

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

other than the nexus series , all other droids are not worth the hassle

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site

kit kat maybe optimised but its pointless if only a few phones ever get updated
even the 520 still gets updated unlike sadroids
some phones dont even get custom roms thanks to mediateks closed source

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ya sure xda forum is awesome if u have low end android with 512 mb ram it is your first resort to make your droid usable.xda has group of developers who give u custom rom for free with many improved performance nd battery life.though you may not get kitkat for mediatek processors.atleast they give u rom that will save your grace.android with 512 mb ram always have nightmarish experience especially.if you buy from indian oems like micromax,karbonn,lava.but by buying these cells you are saving lots of money trade off is performance which is filled by xda developers.:D:thumbup::p

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
so the 920 is 2 years old too , yet it remains a solid selling phone
google is evil, microsoft is no longer evil(it once was before 2000s or something)
atleast microsoft doesnt force you to use their services or login everywhere or even sell ur data

Google and Microsoft are both evil don't pretend Microsoft is this benign company when they were giving data to the government just like Google. Google does not sell your data either.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
kit kat maybe optimised but its pointless if only a few phones ever get updated
even the 520 still gets updated unlike sadroids
some phones dont even get custom roms thanks to mediateks closed source

Considering KitKat is almost at a 10% adoption rate in 6 months show that is not a "few" phones.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey you have to buy a new phone for kitkat. Samsung galaxy s3 wont get kikat for your kind info.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte