What should I do? Move back to Android?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey you have to buy a new phone for kitkat. Samsung galaxy s3 wont get kikat for your kind info.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Nor will the majority of Android phones. Rooting is the only alternative for them.

It's no use arguing with him Bro...he refuses to believe there is anything wrong with the majority of androids phones...to him they all work fine...sheesh lol

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey you have to buy a new phone for kitkat. Samsung galaxy s3 wont get kikat for your kind info.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Yes it will the international S3 with a 1GB of RAM won't get it.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Nor will the majority of Android phones. Rooting is the only alternative for them.

It's no use arguing with him Bro...he refuses to believe there is anything wrong with the majority of androids phones...to him they all work fine...sheesh lol

Mac

They do. So you are saying if I get a Moto X or S4, S5, Note 3, M8 or a Z2 I have to root? That does not make any sense at all.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
They do. So you are saying if I get a Moto X or S4, S5, Note 3, M8 or a Z2 I have to root? That does not make any sense at all.

The reason it doesn't make sense to you,is because you don't understand Android. You only want to believe that it works fine with the majority of phones that are out there. It doesn't matter to you that the majority of Androids will never get the latest firmware or upgrades heck...the same can be said for all the WP running Win 7 or 6 xxx.

How many folks running 6 or 7 would jump at the chance to be able to get the latest. The same holds true for the older androids as well. The problem is most never will and buy a new phone. Many folks need to and either don't know how to or are afraid to.

For those that know how to and understand the risks associated with doing it are able to make their phones work properly and for much longer.

If you truly understood we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The reason it doesn't make sense to you,is because you don't understand Android. You only want to believe that it works fine with the majority of phones that are out there. It doesn't matter to you that the majority of Androids will never get the latest firmware or upgrades heck...the same can be said for all the WP running Win 7 or 6 xxx.

How many folks running 6 or 7 would jump at the chance to be able to get the latest. The same holds true for the older androids as well. The problem is most never will and buy a new phone. Many folks need to and either don't know how to or are afraid to.

For those that know how to and understand the risks associated with doing it are able to make their phones work properly and for much longer.

If you truly understood we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Mac

If you truly understood that the modding community is small and that 95% of smartphone users don't care about updates the conversation would have ended. You truly think your average John or Jill is going to go to XDA to tinker with their phones? No they are not. People suffer through with their phone if it crappy and get a new one. If you are in the U.S. modding is not popular. I have run into maybe 3 people in the past 3 years with and Android who rooted it. Everyone else just uses their phone as is.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
If you truly understood that the modding community is small and that 95% of smartphone users don't care about updates the conversation would have ended. You truly think your average John or Jill is going to go to XDA to tinker with their phones? No they are not. People suffer through with their phone if it crappy and get a new one. If you are in the U.S. modding is not popular. I have run into maybe 3 people in the past 3 years with and Android who rooted it. Everyone else just uses their phone as is.

Really...95% of all Android users don't care about updates? What planet are you from?

I know around 100 folks who have Androids and most of them have rooted theirs. Heck,I've helped on many of my friends or shown most how to.Most wanted the bloat ware removed, and custom roms since they don't get updates...

I'm done here,you just proved you don't have a clue about this

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Really...95% of all Android users don't care about updates? What planet are you from?

I know around 100 folks who have Androids and most of them have rooted theirs. Heck,I've helped on many of my friends or shown most how to.Most wanted the bloat ware removed, and custom roms since they don't get updates...

I'm done here,you just proved you don't have a clue about this

Mac

You sure? I'm not seeing how you are such an expert on Android yet you use WP. Anecdotes aside, I'm still flabbergasted you think normal people root. But I digress, I am not going to change your thoughts nor will you change mines so here we shall agree to disagree and leave it at that.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
You sure? I'm not seeing how you are such an expert on Android yet you use WP. Anecdotes aside, I'm still flabbergasted you think normal people root. But I digress, I am not going to change your thoughts nor will you change mines so here we shall agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I switched because of where Microsoft is going. I got tired of having to root ever dam Android in my family just to get them to work properly or removing junk preinstalled bloat ware. That is why I went with my 1520.

You won't change my thinking about it, I spent the last 4 years dealing with it everyday.

I also know this is the platform that fits my needs without having to make fundamental changes to the operating system.

So..believe what you want

Mac

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, what should I do?

You should already know the answer to that question based on your own usage, your own needs, your own research, and the... hundreds of threads here at WPC which go around in circles over this very same topic. You won't find the answer in another 6+ page thread reiterating everything that's already been said on the subject.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site

I'm not taking sides here, but I will agree with you. Just about everyone I know has android or an iPhone, absolutely -none of them- know or care about rooting, or updates for that matter. My aunt who's 57, has a note one, and get this: She didn't even know it was called the "note". My dads wife, recently got an iPhone 5c, so I asked: "why in the world didn't you get the 5s?" She responded-"what's a 5s?" These people aren't stupid, these people are the average consumer, and the average consumer couldn't care less about any of that stuff, so long as it calls, texts, Facebook etc.... The other 5% are us, and even some of us don't even care to root etc. Mac, I'm sorry to disagree with you but it's simply untrue.

Shad0x64

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd get the Android phone, really I get an iPhone since they have the best apps. Politics? All these companies are evil, no one cares about you.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well, they care about your money. If it appears that they care about anything else about you, it's an attempt get more of your money.

This. I was genuinely baffled on CrackBerry where some people thought BlackBerry honestly cared for them, when in reality all they care about is making some money. Same with Nokia, Google (well to an extent, they do a lot of humanitarian stuff too), and Apple. Businesses aren't charities they want repeat customers so they can make some $$$$.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz