07-13-2014 04:59 AM
303 ... 910111213
tools
    I love Windows Phone. The Lumia line is sleek and the OS is good. The reason I'm using Android is the lack of Medical apps on WP. Until there are medical apps I will simply look from afar.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Karthik Naik and A895 like this.
    06-05-2014 05:55 AM
    playing with a windows phone in a store and owning one as a daily device is a major difference
    Yeah the main difference being you spend money.

as for ms services, id rather use them than google services or id even use apple services
    I rather use Google Services daily. Way more easier and quicker.

06-05-2014 08:33 AM
    Yeah the main difference being you spend money.

I rather use Google Services daily. Way more easier and quicker.

get a windows phone then talk im sure you will change the statements you just made(for real,no jokes) :) ;)
    so far you have used alot of google stuff but believe me MS services are just better (except for search i guess) and maybe a few equalitites but overall MS is better (for me atleast)

see , using a phone for 2 mins and using it everyday for a year or so is a major difference,you wont understand these things before you try it out
    i used to be a huuge android fan like you and used to call WP complicated etc but after i got one as a gift when my old phone died, i truly began to love WP , sure i might miss a few games etc but i dont care coz i have ipads and tablets and laptops for that
    what matters is WP does everything a phone should and perfectly-good battery life,camera,quality malware free app store etc etc
    06-05-2014 09:30 AM
    get a windows phone then talk im sure you will change the statements you just made(for real,no jokes) :) ;)
    so far you have used alot of google stuff but believe me MS services are just better (except for search i guess) and maybe a few equalitites but overall MS is better (for me atleast)

see , using a phone for 2 mins and using it everyday for a year or so is a major difference,you wont understand these things before you try it out
    i used to be a huuge android fan like you and used to call WP complicated etc but after i got one as a gift when my old phone died, i truly began to love WP , sure i might miss a few games etc but i dont care coz i have ipads and tablets and laptops for that
    what matters is WP does everything a phone should and perfectly-good battery life,camera,quality malware free app store etc etc
    Anyone loves a device if they have to use it for an extended period. But as far as Microsoft services go, they are good but not as quick and easy as Googles. I know because I use both. I badly prefer Google for the day to day stuff. But by now. Windows Phone isn't compelling enough. I would lose Google Services, my favorite games and apps and the features of Android. I weighed the pros and cons a while ago and Android is better for me.

Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-05-2014 09:45 AM
    Anyone loves a device if they have to use it for an extended period. But as far as Microsoft services go, they are good but not as quick and easy as Googles. I know because I use both. I badly prefer Google for the day to day stuff. But by now. Windows Phone isn't compelling enough. I would lose Google Services, my favorite games and apps and the features of Android. I weighed the pros and cons a while ago and Android is better for me.

hmm each to their own choice i guess,thats why multiple brands with various features and differences were created i guess :)
    after all we all are consumers at the end of the day
    06-05-2014 10:00 AM

I use Google Services. I don't live in the USA and Google Maps is much more informative in the country I live in. What I do need from Microsoft is MS Office. I have that already on my Note 3 and I hear that my Tab will have it soon. And I need medical apps. So in general, if the OS lacks the apps relevant to my work, no matter how good the hardware - I just have to pass.

A895 likes this.
    06-05-2014 10:02 AM
    There's one VERY IMPORTANT feature that makes WP8.1 better than Android 4.4.2 KitKat:

- On WP8.1 you can securely save apps to microSD cards. Which means, if you have a low end phone, you can still usefully expand your storage. As of 4.4.2, Google screwed up Android and removed that ability from it. Which means Android phones running 4.4.2 KitKat can NOT save apps to the microSD card, which means low end phones are very very limited and even flagships like Sony's Xperia Z line, become suddenly less good. Because they released all the Xperia phones with 16GB which was OK since you had the microSD card slot. Except as of 4.4.2 that card slot became basically useless to actually expand the memory of the phone.
    actually, u can expand the storage, many applications are there on the play store...which help in moving apps to sd card
    06-05-2014 10:21 AM
    I use Google Services. I don't live in the USA and Google Maps is much more informative in the country I live in. What I do need from Microsoft is MS Office. I have that already on my Note 3 and I hear that my Tab will have it soon. And I need medical apps. So in general, if the OS lacks the apps relevant to my work, no matter how good the hardware - I just have to pass.

im not american, im from mumbai , india and microsoft services work equally good here
    i know some professional medical apps etc are missing from WP , i didnt deny that
    itll be a while for WP to get pro business apps i guess
    i personally have a lumia 720,nexus 7,nexus 5 and ipad as my daily devices to get best of every os :)
    06-05-2014 10:25 AM
    actually, u can expand the storage, many applications are there on the play store...which help in moving apps to sd card
    not without rooting etc though
    pls there is a risk of messing the files of the phone in android
    06-05-2014 10:26 AM
    No there is not. In KtiKat they disallowed the way apps write to SD cards and by default (which has been on Android for years) you can't mess with system folders from the get go unless you root and if your root, you are obviously tech savvy enough to know what to touch and what not to touch.

06-05-2014 10:30 AM
    Meh, rooting is just a tap and a click.
    06-05-2014 10:32 AM
    No there is not. In KtiKat they disallowed the way apps write to SD cards and by default (which has been on Android for years) you can't mess with system folders from the get go unless you root and if your root, you are obviously tech savvy enough to know what to touch and what not to touch.

i know, i said if android apps are moved to sd in older relaeases then you could mess up the install if you delete files accidently
    i didnt say kitkat, i said older releases with apps on sd
    06-05-2014 10:33 AM
    Meh, rooting is just a tap and a click.
    not worth it , to unroot usually you have to reflash the phone etc
    jailbreaking and dev unlocking ios and wp are much safer and within limits so nothing can go wrong
    06-05-2014 10:34 AM
    jailbreaking and dev unlocking ios and wp are much safer and within limits so nothing can go wrong
    What are you talking about? I have a software on my PC kingo Android root, you only need to connect your phone, activate USB debug, click on root. To unroot, click on the unroot option. It's THAT simple.
    06-05-2014 10:37 AM
    But I do agree, on the second part. The funny thing is that once you unlock/jailbreak ios, you can't install future updates on the phone, unlike WP.(jailbreak is not possible on WP I think)
    06-05-2014 10:39 AM

What kind of medical apps do you need? To be honest, the most complete set was, and is still used industry-wide, for PalmOS. You still see a ton of Tungsten & T/X PDAs around.
    06-05-2014 08:24 PM
    What are you talking about? I have a software on my PC kingo Android root, you only need to connect your phone, activate USB debug, click on root. To unroot, click on the unroot option. It's THAT simple.
    Depends on the phone. Most Motorolas need to have the bootloaders unlocked first. There is no universal one-click and most LG devices have to be rooted via command line.
    06-05-2014 08:28 PM
    Only thing am missing from android is a proper google plus app hopefully we see some masterpiece by rudy huyn or lazyworm or someone
    06-05-2014 08:28 PM
    Huh? Rooting has nothing to do with the ROM. For Windows users not familiar with the process of rooting, it's the same premise of unlocking your registry for editing.
    A895 likes this.
    06-05-2014 08:30 PM
    Depends on the phone. Most Motorolas need to have the bootloaders unlocked first. There is no universal one-click and most LG devices have to be rooted via command line.
    Oh sorry. I had a Samsung tab. Didn't know that it's complicated in others. So is it a huge command code we have to type out or just basic stuff?
    06-05-2014 09:29 PM
    What kind of medical apps do you need? To be honest, the most complete set was, and is still used industry-wide, for PalmOS. You still see a ton of Tungsten & T/X PDAs around.
    Medscape, QXcalculate, Oxford Handbook of Paediatrics, Harriet Lane Handbook, Lab Values + and Standard Dictation just for starters.
    The minimum requirement for me is a Medscape app. Don't think it will be there in the next 5 years.

06-06-2014 12:14 AM
    not for all phones
    nexus and most other phones itself dont
    06-06-2014 07:19 AM
    But I do agree, on the second part. The funny thing is that once you unlock/jailbreak ios, you can't install future updates on the phone, unlike WP.(jailbreak is not possible on WP I think)
    it is
    dev unlock and interop unlock etc
    still its not as high level as rooting,jailbreaking ios though
    06-06-2014 07:20 AM
    Huh? Rooting has nothing to do with the ROM. For Windows users not familiar with the process of rooting, it's the same premise of unlocking your registry for editing.
    it does, most devices need reflashing to unroot fyi
    registry edits and rooting have no comparison
    06-06-2014 07:27 AM
    Oh sorry. I had a Samsung tab. Didn't know that it's complicated in others. So is it a huge command code we have to type out or just basic stuff?
    alot of work and factory resets etc
    all data is overwritten
    06-06-2014 07:27 AM
303 ... 910111213