07-13-2014 04:59 AM
303 ... 10111213
tools
    it does, most devices need reflashing to unroot fyi
    registry edits and rooting have no comparison
    I've rooted and removed root access from many devices, too many to count. I've never had to reflash a ROM to remove root. By definition, rooting just means you have access to deeper levels of modification - just like editing your registry, developer mode on webOS devices and interop unlocking on WP devices. Your ROM and baseband are unaffected by this.
    06-06-2014 10:28 AM
    I've rooted and removed root access from many devices, too many to count. I've never had to reflash a ROM to remove root. By definition, rooting just means you have access to deeper levels of modification - just like editing your registry, developer mode on webOS devices and interop unlocking on WP devices. Your ROM and baseband are unaffected by this.
    So you've never done so with a Samsung device then? You have to reflash through Odin for that.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-06-2014 10:52 AM
    it is
    dev unlock and interop unlock etc
    still its not as high level as rooting,jailbreaking ios though
    Ya true, but I Think I'm sure, I read somewhere that someone on earth had jailbroken a WP. I think it was 920 or something and wpcentral even had an article on it.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-06-2014 11:14 AM
    I've used android since the galaxy S1 and have had every model since up until the S4 with a few in between for testers. The only time I've really enjoyed them is when I've loaded custom roms. I'm running 4.4.2 On my S4 now and IM still getting lag in certain areas which I consider critical. I don't have many apps and no games and its been around long enough that there shouldn't be any lag at all. The lag I'm talking about is going to phone book or going through call logs, opening sms and niggly little bugs which have been around since the beginning.

At work we are starting to use windows mobile devices and I was given a Lumia 625 and upon reading the specs I was expecting it to be a big POS and its actually smoother than my S4 in all the areas the S4 isn't and then some. Hope that made sense. Haha

I didn't like wp8 to much as I found it a little bland but since loading wp8.1 I'm loving it. All I can think about is how it'll perform with a high end device like the 930.
    Yes the app store doesn't have as many apps but the main ones are there and IM happy to use a work around. I'm sick of looking at the little app boxes and love the wp live tiles. One major factor was also Google plus and their forced integration which really pissed me off and the fact they didn't give me a choice but that's a story for another day. I've convinced a few friends to also make the change so I have a pretty good feeling wp is on the up even so the app market party of it is still a way off. uchh so many areas I didn't cover but I think you all get the drift 😊
    Last edited by Pch79; 06-06-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    06-06-2014 09:49 PM
    If you don't like lag on your Android devices, buying a phone that runs TouchWiz was a huge mistake.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-07-2014 12:48 AM
    Ya true, but I Think I'm sure, I read somewhere that someone on earth had jailbroken a WP. I think it was 920 or something and wpcentral even had an article on it.
    I don't think there was actually any proof that it was legit.
    06-07-2014 01:06 AM
    i never use android ,, so till now windows phone is the best ...
    hahaa ...

im using cheapest n popular one ... Lumia 520
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-07-2014 01:20 AM
    WP 8.1 is a turning point to Microsoft that it shadows android ever soon Microsoft > Google
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-07-2014 01:33 AM
    yeah the older ativs and huwaei(dunno the spelling sorry abt that) have interop i believe which is just like rooting etc
    even the HTC HD7, that device is a marvel runs every OS every made
    06-07-2014 05:06 AM
    editing the registry is completely different, it is a tad bit similiar but not exact
    rooting is more like changing system32 .dlls to enable more functions and access
    ROM is definately affected , so is baseband
    roughly 96% of droids need reflash to remove root, i dont see where you may have never come across unrooting a device without it
    06-07-2014 05:09 AM
    editing the registry is completely different, it is a tad bit similiar but not exact
    rooting is more like changing system32 .dlls to enable more functions and access
    roughly 96% of droids need reflash to remove root, i dont see where you may have never come across unrooting a device without it
    Where did 96% come from?
    06-07-2014 05:48 AM
    Where did 96% come from?
    a guesstimate ;) but yeah most android devices need a reflash to remove root
    06-07-2014 06:03 AM
    yeah the older ativs and huwaei(dunno the spelling sorry abt that) have interop i believe which is just like rooting etc
    even the htc hd7, that device is a marvel runs every os every made
    hd2
    06-07-2014 10:49 PM
    Rooting an Android without installing a custom ROM does not require reflashing to remove root access. I'm not 100% about Samsung because I've worked very little with them. I can say with certainty that HTC, Motorola, Pantech & Sony do not require it.
    tgp likes this.
    06-07-2014 10:55 PM
    hd2
    yeah sorry my bad
    06-08-2014 03:22 AM
    Rooting an Android without installing a custom ROM does not require reflashing to remove root access. I'm not 100% about Samsung because I've worked very little with them. I can say with certainty that HTC, Motorola, Pantech & Sony do not require it.
    moto , sony and htc as well as samsung need reflashing the oem os once again to remove root and some even need you to lock the bootloader to remove root

just googling it shows each article specifying reflashing to unroot
    https://www.google.co.in/search?q=un...m=122&ie=UTF-8

only few devices support the on click unroot method
    06-08-2014 03:24 AM
    Okay all I wanna know what MAJOR features are we lacking in?
    I've read on several blogs, here and there heard my friend talk about it. But just what are the major feature we DON'T have that people on kitkat DO
    I have never used a Android phone ao I don't really know much about it or have enough info to form a solid opinion about it. I understand its all a matter of choice both have pros and cons but WHAT is it about Wp8.1 that repels droidboys.
    I asked my friend what were his MAJOR requirements he talked about a file manager well got it..ability to make folders..got that too. Facebook integration, better than Android I guess. And few themes to play around with. Well not there yet. But still would love to know from a person using BOTH the OS what is it. Apart from google services what do they miss on wp8?
    It's interesting that you question Android without even taking the time to use an Android phone (btw, Best Buy is selling a Moto G for $50 so you can ar least learn it before critizing Kit Kat). The biggest issue is still the lack of a large number of apps. I have used a Lumia 520 for the last 2 months and have used Android for the last 3 years. I have also used Palm OS for 6 months also. In addition to the app issue there is nothing compelling that would attract me to WP 8. Most of you throwing out all these critiques of Android haven't spent time with it to see what's available today and spout 2 - 3 year old issues or problems that no longer exist. BTW, people on Gingerbread have more support from Android than the orphaned WP 7 users do.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    06-08-2014 04:09 AM
    moto , sony and htc as well as samsung need reflashing the oem os once again to remove root and some even need you to lock the bootloader to remove root

just googling it shows each article specifying reflashing to unroot
    https://www.google.co.in/search?q=un...m=122&ie=UTF-8

only few devices support the on click unroot method
    Less than 1% of Android users root.

06-08-2014 04:11 AM

i never said root was popular
    someone else mentioned rooting is easy and stuff, another said moving apps to sd card is possible via root
    i said unrooting is a task on its own and stuff because it involves reflashing and stuff
    06-08-2014 08:30 AM

"Not popular" can be interpreted different ways:

(1 billion android activations= 100 million have rooted)
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compa...ndroid_devices

(50 million total windows phone activations)
    http://m.winsupersite.com/windows-ph...s-january-2014
    06-08-2014 12:48 PM
    "Not popular" can be interpreted different ways:

(1 billion android activations= 100 million have rooted)
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compa...ndroid_devices

(50 million total windows phone activations)
    http://m.winsupersite.com/windows-ph...s-january-2014
    Wikipedia isn't an accurate source.

Edit: Cleared out numbers as I'm a moron that discredited a source without providing my own.
    Last edited by Daniel Ratcliffe; 06-09-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    06-09-2014 07:07 AM
    Wikipedia isn't an accurate source and to be honest I thought Android is getting 250 million activations a week. Which would mean like 13 billion in a year. Which would also mean your maths falls short and there's even more rooted Android devices.

I understand its popular and easier to discredit Wikipedia while pulling random numbers from memory, but it would be better to quote a source of some type when pointing out possible math or accuracy errors.
    06-09-2014 10:10 AM
    I understand its popular and easier to discredit Wikipedia while pulling random numbers from memory, but it would be better to quote a source of some type when pointing out possible math or accuracy errors.
    I'm aware. I'll try and find numbers in a bit as I'm currently on my phone right now traveling. But yes, I made a grave error there and am editing out my numbers.

Though in all fairness I'm still pretty sure Android has way more activations than what you listed. I'll use the same website you used for Windows Phone to provide the Android statistics.
    06-09-2014 11:13 AM
    Though in all fairness I'm still pretty sure Android has way more activations than what you listed. I'll use the same website you used for Windows Phone to provide the Android statistics.
    I don't know the total number of activated Android devices, but I do know that a year ago the rate of Android activations was around 1.5 million/day. I haven't seen a more recent number but it's probably somewhat higher. I would imagine that a lot of those are replacing current devices and not adding to the total number.
    06-09-2014 11:20 AM
    BTW, people on Gingerbread have more support from Android than the orphaned WP 7 users do.

WHATTT?? Gingerbread has MORE support? I hope you were being sarcastic. My mother has phone that runs gingerbread. Screw gingerbread, even ICS has NO ******* SUPPORT. NO updates at all. Stop living inside your imaginative bubble. And pleaseeeee I feel like throwing my mother's phone against the wall, gingerbread or that **** thing you call an OS. NO update whatsoever NO support..stop kidding yourself.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    06-14-2014 02:31 PM
303 ... 10111213