07-13-2014 04:59 AM
303 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I feel the same way if ever step into WPCentral Forums or Crackberry. I have to always admit Google is all seeing data hungry evil along with Apple being known for toy devices and being overpriced. Yet Microsoft, and BlackBerry can never do wrong. That's irritating.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    As someone who treks through all of the mobile nations forums, here's some tips.

iMore-There are other phones that aren't Apple? You must mean those saved by the bell cell phones.

AndroidCentral- There is no last and we have an intuitive UI. Also, Google would never do anything less than noble.

WPCentral- We're only third place because we were late to the party. We are the only OS bringing anything new to the table.

Crackberry- Uhm, remember BBM? It's a hell of a thing. Also, despite the infinite security flaws in the latest iteration of our OS we're so secure.
    Karthik Naik and cckgz4 like this.
    05-20-2014 04:08 PM
    You've received your answers 1000 times, here and on xda. I'm honestly shocked you've been so persistent

Argumentative deflection. I asked for offline applications, not harassment.

Could I get a moderator to look into this ?
    05-20-2014 05:12 PM
    Argumentative deflection. I asked for offline applications, not harassment.

Could I get a moderator to look into this ?
    Here's one, Nokia maps. It's an outstanding map service and should you check regularly for updates you'll find it hard not to love. Plus, unlike Google Maps it's a true offline service as opposed to downloading the directions now then using those directions to get to your destination. I've navigated from Texas to Florida and back with no issues.
    05-20-2014 05:18 PM
    so do you.
    But I'm not just throwing out stuff that is baseless.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    05-20-2014 05:30 PM
    dude first off i meant swiftkey not swype so my apologies on that
    swiftkey is terrible compared to wp keyboard
    windows pcs are different in handling different apps unlike android which will prompt u like 1000 times a day for every app thats not even comparable- do u see windows media player or winamp open up when u double click a vlc icon on a windows pc??
    its annoying when it keeps asking u the default app if u have multiple apps of the same use and if it prompts u so many times?
    ios and windows phone dont need the "extra features" android posseses, the stock apps are enough to get u thru unlike android where u are forced to use oem stuff or fall and use google services especially hangouts and google+ or use third party stuff which steals info
    android is complicated and ridden with issues which ios and android dont have because of "restrictions"
    First, Swiftkey isn't terrible either not even compared to WP Keyboard in fact it's far more customizable than Swype and WP Keyboard.
    Second, Android would ask you only once to set your default app for messaging, Emails or whatever and will never prompt again (Unless you reset default for a certain app, My last Android device was Gingerbread so sorry if I lack any new info)
    On PC if say you set Chrome or Opera as your default browsers then you try to open IE you'll be prompted to set IE as your default browser.
    Third, Yes every OS needs further customizations and since Android is the only open-source it has the edge obviously.
    Last, I find myself forced to use Microsoft services exactly like I was forced to use Google services on Android.
    05-20-2014 06:31 PM
    Here's one, Nokia maps. It's an outstanding map service and should you check regularly for updates you'll find it hard not to love. Plus, unlike Google Maps it's a true offline service as opposed to downloading the directions now then using those directions to get to your destination. I've navigated from Texas to Florida and back with no issues.
    Hey, that's much better! Google maps and navigation is only the beginning. It serves as a startng point to understanding the capabilities of a phone+gps antenna, but that's about it. The available apps n the market dwarf it on capabilities, thankfully.

Do you have any to suggest that can plot routes, record tracks, handle way points, and download different maps for offline usage like android applications oruxmaps, osmand, maverick, sygic, locus pro, back country navigator, and stand alone gps units?

If we're careful, this could turn into a great comparison of what is available, where everyone benefits!
    05-20-2014 09:05 PM
    Hey, that's much better! Google maps and navigation is only the beginning. It serves as a startng point to understanding the capabilities of a phone+gps antenna, but that's about it. The available apps n the market dwarf it on capabilities, thankfully.

Do you have any to suggest that can plot routes, record tracks, handle way points, and download different maps for offline usage like android applications oruxmaps, osmand, maverick, sygic, locus pro, back country navigator, and stand alone gps units?

If we're careful, this could turn into a great comparison of what is available, where everyone benefits!
    Cortana does a fair job in conjunction with here maps and Bing services but as that has been more than enough for me, I never ventured any further. In Google services, I see several that offer individual services like that but I'd hate to bounce back and forth between apps.
    05-20-2014 09:39 PM
    My god, nothing you are saying is correct at ALL.

says the guy who only has android devices and doesnt even own a wp, come back and post after u get one before generalising
    i OWN devices of EVERY os so yeah i have a better idea about this
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    05-20-2014 11:24 PM
    First, Swiftkey isn't terrible either not even compared to WP Keyboard in fact it's far more customizable than Swype and WP Keyboard.
    Second, Android would ask you only once to set your default app for messaging, Emails or whatever and will never prompt again (Unless you reset default for a certain app, My last Android device was Gingerbread so sorry if I lack any new info)
    On PC if say you set Chrome or Opera as your default browsers then you try to open IE you'll be prompted to set IE as your default browser.
    Third, Yes every OS needs further customizations and since Android is the only open-source it has the edge obviously.
    Last, I find myself forced to use Microsoft services exactly like I was forced to use Google services on Android.
    its not comparable to windows pcs, its like comparing grapes to watermelons
    just read my post again
    plus swiftkey has no dibs on wp keyboard, swype etc
    one question for u- does microsoft force u to use skype as the default messaging app or ask u to share everything publicly with a service like google+?
    android has changed since gingerbread, it prompts u each time u switch between say vlc and music apps
    on a pc u can turn off the notification so it never asks u again
    on android it will ask u ech time u switch from chrome to opera or any other similiar app
    05-20-2014 11:35 PM
    As someone who treks through all of the mobile nations forums, here's some tips.

iMore-There are other phones that aren't Apple? You must mean those saved by the bell cell phones.

AndroidCentral- There is no last and we have an intuitive UI. Also, Google would never do anything less than noble.

WPCentral- We're only third place because we were late to the party. We are the only OS bringing anything new to the table.

Crackberry- Uhm, remember BBM? It's a hell of a thing. Also, despite the infinite security flaws in the latest iteration of our OS we're so secure.
    my thoughts exactly
    the question remains why people hell bent on android keep commenting on a wp forum against wp but doesnt own a wp yet and generalises(not directed at you, its meant for the others in the thread)
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    05-20-2014 11:37 PM
    Wow, you keep on going.

atleast i dont generalise by looking at an os from 5 feet away or the occasional checking phones in store
    i OWN android, wp, ios , BB devices so yeah i know the exact differences and limits of each os
    you dont have a wp yet and only have droids at the moment and are hell bent on generalising abt wp

a word of advice- get a windows phone and dont comment for atleast a week till u get a fair idea abt the difference
    im sure ull never go back to android :)
    wp does that :))
    Akhilesh Bhambhani likes this.
    05-20-2014 11:41 PM
    Cortana does a fair job in conjunction with here maps and Bing services but as that has been more than enough for me, I never ventured any further. In Google services, I see several that offer individual services like that but I'd hate to bounce back and forth between apps.

No offline gps-centric applications to suggest at all ?

That was the point of the development question earlier. Its a really good metric for gauging current development currents in the app world:
    Ios has motionx
    Android has a bunch
    Crackberry has.... Mmm not sure
    Wp8 has... Ditto

When more folks chime in with THEIR favorite offline apps the picture painted will be much clearer, and folks will have more apps suggested to try out.

The devs might get tossed a bone in the process too.
    05-21-2014 04:47 AM
    says the guy who only has android devices and doesnt even own a wp, come back and post after u get one before generalising
    i OWN devices of EVERY os so yeah i have a better idea about this
    Generalizing?? You are generalizing about Android. And they are incorrect generalizations at that. And, as it has been said before, I do not need to spend money on anything to voice an opinion here.
    05-21-2014 07:34 AM
    atleast i dont generalise by looking at an os from 5 feet away or the occasional checking phones in store
    i OWN android, wp, ios , BB devices so yeah i know the exact differences and limits of each os
    you dont have a wp yet and only have droids at the moment and are hell bent on generalising abt wp

a word of advice- get a windows phone and dont comment for atleast a week till u get a fair idea abt the difference
    im sure ull never go back to android :)
    wp does that :))
    No you don't, if you truly used Android you would know Google Plus does not share everything you do, and if you truly used Android you would know they don't steal your data. That is just incorrect. Then you deflect like you are super knowledgable, when it comes off as straight bashing Android.
    05-21-2014 07:37 AM

Yes. I'd certainly love that. Is there any Windows phone app that can do offline GPS for public transport (buses, tube, tram, trains, etc) for the UK.
    05-21-2014 07:40 AM
    No you don't, if you truly used Android you would know Google Plus does not share everything you do, and if you truly used Android you would know they don't steal your data. That is just incorrect. Then you deflect like you are super knowledgable, when it comes off as straight bashing Android.
    what?? i have a site for u- androidcentral.com
    u never accept the cons of android
    u just dont get that every os has it cons
    like i said u dont OWN devices of every os, i do
    u want proof check my instagram,ull be shocked at the no of devices i own
    u dont have an opinion of wp if u dont own anything but android devices
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    05-21-2014 09:15 AM
    Yes. I'd certainly love that. Is there any Windows phone app that can do offline GPS for public transport (buses, tube, tram, trains, etc) for the UK.
    here drive +??
    05-21-2014 09:16 AM
    I'm going to have to agree with A895 and say that your post was factually incorrect. I have 2 Google Play Edition devices, a 5s (which I've been using every day for the past couple of weeks for Facebook's awesome Paper), and a 925. I also own an iMac, MacBook Air, an iPad, and a PS4 so I only own 1 device from the MS ecosystem. Does that make my opinion any less valid than yours? Just because you own devices from other ecosystems does not give you free reign to make factually incorrect statements while also refusing to acknowledge someone else’s arguments against your incorrect statements just because they may or may not have a WP.
    Last edited by Ivin Laney; 05-22-2014 at 07:47 AM.
    A895 and OsamaAdam98 like this.
    05-21-2014 01:07 PM
    Have you compared Adidas MiCoach? Sucks on android...
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    05-21-2014 01:15 PM
    What??!! You haven't said any cons, you have only said mistruths and exaggerations. That's not saying cons, that's just bashing Android.
    05-21-2014 01:18 PM
    I'm going to have to agree with A895 and say that your post was factually incorrect. I have 2 Google Play Edition devices, a 5s (which I've been using every day for the past couple of weeks for Facebook's awesome Paper), and a 925. I also own an iMac, MacBook Air, an iPad, and a PS4 so I only own 1 device from the MS ecosystem. Does that make my opinion any less valid than yours? Just because you own devices from other ecosystems does not give you free reign to make factually incorrect statements while also refusing to acknowledge someone else’s arguments against your incorrect statements just because the may or may not have a WP.
    its not faulty its what i have experienced on my devices
    im not generalising , some here definately are if they promote android so much and dont own devices other than droids yet
    i was pointing out the cons of both whereas he refused to accept androids cons and decided an os he hasnt even touched(wp) to be inferior to android
    he considers all os's inferior to android despite having mentioned he doesnt own anything but droids so yeah its not factually incorrect on my end

its like me saying- private jets are faulty, emirates is the best despite me not having traveled in anything but emirates and i say private jets are inferior to emirates just by looking at it from a distance etc
    experience matters along with acceptance that we dont own these OS's or something and that each os has its own limits
    i own more than him and have more experience with each , so i posted my experience
    he on the other hand has a very flawed opinion abt wp and android
    there should be a balance

pls read all previous posts and tell me im wrong instead of just the ones on this page :) ull surely get my point
    BobLobIaw and prasath1234 like this.
    05-21-2014 01:55 PM
    What??!! You haven't said any cons, you have only said mistruths and exaggerations. That's not saying cons, that's just bashing Android.
    so ur promoting android like its water from the fountain of youth or something
    just stop commenting against something u havent used or owned and learn to accept cons of both instead of crying
    mistruths?? exagerations?? a big LOL to that, dont kid urself, just give it up and accept the truth or ull get the truth like the other 2 threads a week ago where u caused an uproar of comments correcting ur holy statements about how perfect android is and how wp is "limited" and u were proved wrong when u realised those features are present on wp , just that u havent seen them
    hell ive not seen antarctica, i dont comment like im an expert on it or something
    BobLobIaw likes this.
    05-21-2014 01:59 PM
    so ur promoting android like its water from the fountain of youth or something
    just stop commenting against something u havent used or owned and learn to accept cons of both instead of crying
    mistruths?? exagerations?? a big LOL to that, dont kid urself, just give it up and accept the truth or ull get the truth like the other 2 threads a week ago where u caused an uproar of comments correcting ur holy statements about how perfect android is and how wp is "limited" and u were proved wrong when u realised those features are present on wp , just that u havent seen them
    hell ive not seen antarctica, i dont comment like im an expert on it or something
    I am trying my best to patient here, but none of your statements are truth! You say these wild, big sweeping statements with nothing to back it up besides saying "I own all 3 so I know I am right and you are wrong". People can say opinions, there is nothing against that, but never say opinions like they are facts. At least research what you do want to say.

Another thing, I am not here to promote Android! At that, how do you promote something like the fountain of youth?
    05-21-2014 02:14 PM
    its not faulty its what i have experienced on my devices
    im not generalising , some here definately are if they promote android so much and dont own devices other than droids yet
    i was pointing out the cons of both whereas he refused to accept androids cons and decided an os he hasnt even touched(wp) to be inferior to android
    he considers all os's inferior to android despite having mentioned he doesnt own anything but droids so yeah its not factually incorrect on my end

its like me saying- private jets are faulty, emirates is the best despite me not having traveled in anything but emirates and i say private jets are inferior to emirates just by looking at it from a distance etc
    experience matters along with acceptance that we dont own these OS's or something and that each os has its own limits
    i own more than him and have more experience with each , so i posted my experience
    he on the other hand has a very flawed opinion abt wp and android
    there should be a balance

pls read all previous posts and tell me im wrong instead of just the ones on this page :) ull surely get my point
    Sigh...I've read all of your posts before i commented.

i dont see my windows phone prompting me to use services like google+,hangouts etc
    it only wants my microsoft id to download apps (and others which are optional)
    google is like an open book-shows ur downloaded apps and reviews to all ur friends without consent
    This is factually incorrect. Android does not prompt you to download/use hangouts or Google+. Also sharing of app downloads and reviews in Google+ is opt in.

first off android is complicated and annoying when it prompts u to ask you where to open something
    tap a music icon,itll ask u which music apk, which app or whatever
    u dont need another keyboard , androids swype is terrible, wp have a much better typing experience
    as for apps without a google account- good luck downloading malware from third party sources or good luck without apps on a smart phone
    microsoft doesnt force u to use a pathetic service like google+ or lame hangouts or spying google now atleast
    u need to login with an account on any os these days- the point is why force google play services , google + and hangouts on everyone?
    atleast microsoft doesnt do that and has much better quality services
    Android give the ability to select default apps. It is a simple pop up that has a box that you can check to have that file type always open in that application. For example, you can always have Youtube videos play in the browser or the Youtube App. While it may be complicated to you, I find it intuitive and wish iOS and WP would adopt it. Secondly, someone who didn’t want to use the play store could you amazons app store ( which is more strict than Google's) or another reputable store. Lastly, you saying the words "WP doesn’t need" killed your argument for me. Remember when WP didn’t need Instagram, a file manager, 1080p screens, or quad core CPUs? I understand you like MS services but at least attempt to be a little more objective.

i have alot of droids and my nexus 5 and 7 are certainly the best android devices ive ever used
    i agree , samsung is terrible,ive been burnt multiple times(note 1,2 etc)
    true android is amazing but google forces u to use their services is something i hate(google+,hangouts etc)
    i prefer wp8.1 anyday except google now is more convenient than cortana sometimes(i know its in beta and will get there) like during flights , travel etc
    What i put in bold is factually incorrect. Android is the only OS that lets you set app defaults for everything.

I've read all you posts and still don't see your point. I've seen that you prefer MS products and that you use personal anecdotes to justify you views.
    A895 and prasath1234 like this.
    05-21-2014 02:32 PM
    Sigh...I've read all of you posts before i commented.

This is factually incorrect. Android does not prompt you to download/use hangouts or Google+. Also sharing of app downloads and reviews in Google+ is opt in.

Android give the ability to select default apps. It is a simple pop up that has a box that you can check to have that file type always open in that application. For example, you can always have Youtube videos play in the browser or the Youtube App. While it may be complicated to you, I find it intuitive and wish iOS and WP would adopt it. Secondly, someone who didnt want to use the play store could you amazons app store ( which is more strict than Google's) or another reputable store. Lastly, you saying the words "WP doesnt need" killed your argument for me. Remember when WP didnt need Instagram, a file manager, 1080p screens, or quad core CPUs? I understand you like MS services but at least attempt to be a little more objective.

What i put in bold is factually incorrect. Android is the only OS that lets you set app defaults for everything.

I've read all you posts and still don't see your point. I've seen that you prefer MS products and that you use personal anecdotes to justify you views.
    Hey I agree but one question why somebody have to be worried if his friend would know which app he has installed unless they are some porn apps.I don't understand this issue about privacy.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    05-21-2014 02:39 PM
303 ... 45678 ...