07-13-2014 04:59 AM
303 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Depending on your usage: Nothing. MSFT needs to focus on refining their OS and tighter integration with their service offerings. For me, I own a 925 with 8.1, a Z Ultra with 4.4.2 and a 8X running 8.0 GDR3.

Love my Z Ultra from a hardware perspective. I like enough Android enough to keep it as my 2nd OS and I use it daily at home. I dropped Android as my primary because WP looks better for my aesthetic tastes and the phone book and mapping solutions are vastly superior for my needs. Plus I got tired of having to root the phone to get it to work how I wanted and hated having it constantly be online. I've got 700 WP apps, 500 Android apps and 330 iOS apps. Apps are overrated on some levels.

I can niggle about a few things that Android does better but the aren't strong enough to get me to use it as a primary.
    05-21-2014 03:22 PM
    I am trying my best to patient here, but none of your statements are truth! You say these wild, big sweeping statements with nothing to back it up besides saying "I own all 3 so I know I am right and you are wrong". People can say opinions, there is nothing against that, but never say opinions like they are facts. At least research what you do want to say.

Another thing, I am not here to promote Android! At that, how do you promote something like the fountain of youth?
    i dunno it seems like u are
    i challenge u to speak abt the pros and cons of android, ios and wp to prove ur not partial to android
    acceptance of cons is bliss :)
    05-22-2014 01:04 AM
    Sigh...I've read all of your posts before i commented.

This is factually incorrect. Android does not prompt you to download/use hangouts or Google+. Also sharing of app downloads and reviews in Google+ is opt in.

Android give the ability to select default apps. It is a simple pop up that has a box that you can check to have that file type always open in that application. For example, you can always have Youtube videos play in the browser or the Youtube App. While it may be complicated to you, I find it intuitive and wish iOS and WP would adopt it. Secondly, someone who didnt want to use the play store could you amazons app store ( which is more strict than Google's) or another reputable store. Lastly, you saying the words "WP doesnt need" killed your argument for me. Remember when WP didnt need Instagram, a file manager, 1080p screens, or quad core CPUs? I understand you like MS services but at least attempt to be a little more objective.

What i put in bold is factually incorrect. Android is the only OS that lets you set app defaults for everything.

I've read all you posts and still don't see your point. I've seen that you prefer MS products and that you use personal anecdotes to justify you views.
    my point is google is evil , something microsoft used to be wayy back and learned its lesson
    google forces u to use google+ for everything- youtube, orkut,cloud backup of photos and games etc
    why cant i browse youtube music videos (not explicit but still has an age restriction, im above 18 obviously but what if i dont want to login), why cant i browse my school and college alumni old pages on orkut without google+, why cant my public and personal be separate
    i dont want my camera roll to be public on google+ , a simple gmail or normal email login for this would have sufficed
    same with play services- they want me to use google+ for that too
    xbox is optional
    onedrive isnt public by default
    microsoft+ doesnt exist thankfully
    nothing gets shared without my permission etc
    05-22-2014 01:10 AM
    its not comparable to windows pcs, its like comparing grapes to watermelons
    just read my post again
    plus swiftkey has no dibs on wp keyboard, swype etc
    one question for u- does microsoft force u to use skype as the default messaging app or ask u to share everything publicly with a service like google+?
    android has changed since gingerbread, it prompts u each time u switch between say vlc and music apps
    on a pc u can turn off the notification so it never asks u again
    on android it will ask u ech time u switch from chrome to opera or any other similiar app

You tell me I can't compare Android with window PC then you compare Skype with Google+ ...
    A895 likes this.
    05-22-2014 03:29 AM
    You tell me I can't compare Android with window PC then you compare Skype with Google+ ...
    wow another genius
    read it properly instead of assuming...........
    hangouts compares to skype
    android is linux, windows phone is windows big difference in everything
    do i compare a grape to a watermelon because both are round?
    learn to read and interpret statements properly
    05-22-2014 04:28 AM
    my point is google is evil , something microsoft used to be wayy back and learned its lesson
    google forces u to use google+ for everything- youtube, orkut,cloud backup of photos and games etc
    why cant i browse youtube music videos (not explicit but still has an age restriction, im above 18 obviously but what if i dont want to login), why cant i browse my school and college alumni old pages on orkut without google+, why cant my public and personal be separate
    i dont want my camera roll to be public on google+ , a simple gmail or normal email login for this would have sufficed
    same with play services- they want me to use google+ for that too
    xbox is optional
    onedrive isnt public by default
    microsoft+ doesnt exist thankfully
    nothing gets shared without my permission etc
    These are incorrect.
    A895 and Ivin Laney like this.
    05-22-2014 04:45 AM
    i dunno it seems like u are
    i challenge u to speak abt the pros and cons of android, ios and wp to prove ur not partial to android
    acceptance of cons is bliss :)
    I am not going to repeat the same talking points. At that no matter what I say you will still not accept it so...

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    05-22-2014 07:40 AM
    wow another genius
    read it properly instead of assuming...........
    hangouts compares to skype
    android is linux, windows phone is windows big difference in everything
    do i compare a grape to a watermelon because both are round?
    learn to read and interpret statements properly
    Android is similar to Linux, but it is not Linux. Windows Phone is very far removed from what Windows is. Android is more similar to Windows than Windows Phone is.

05-22-2014 07:41 AM
    here drive +??
    From what I can see it doesn't do public transport, only driving. Which is useless to me as I don't have a driving license and am in zero rush to get one.
    05-22-2014 08:05 AM
    From what I can see it doesn't do public transport, only driving. Which is useless to me as I don't have a driving license and am in zero rush to get one.
    ohh
    what about here transit?its not supported in my country so havent tried it
    05-22-2014 08:11 AM
    Android is similar to Linux, but it is not Linux. Windows Phone is very far removed from what Windows is. Android is more similar to Windows than Windows Phone is.

lol u make me laugh
    windows phone has an NT kernel which is derived from windows so yeah its pretty much windows plus windows apps can run on windows phone with a little bit of UI work etc of course

android is a form of linux FYI
    heres a bit of news for u-
    Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Note the first line itself says LINUX KERNEL
    its not like osx and linux where linux isnt unix but is unix-BASED
    05-22-2014 08:47 AM
    What about Co-pilot GPS,it has transit,poi,and walking
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    05-22-2014 08:54 AM
    These are incorrect.
    yeah right we believe you

edit- here you go , you are incorrect:-
    https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...ogle%2B+forced
    05-22-2014 09:05 AM
    yeah right we believe you

edit- here you go , you are incorrect:-
    https://www.google.com/search?q=goog...ogle%2B+forced

That specifically talks mainly of the G+ integration with youtube comments, nothing else. And I personally am of the opinion that it was a good thing - YT comments were a cesspool and it was impossible to have any sort of real discussion.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that I have never seen anyone spew lies like you do.

Since you apparently own every cellphone ever assembled, can you please point out to me EXACTLY where and how Google forces you to use Hangouts? Right now, on my Nexus 5, I use Textra for SMS, not Hangouts. If I want, I can download Skype and use that for video calls but Hangouts is just better at it.

Then, you said G+ makes my camera roll public. Lies again. Private until and unless you share it.

Onedrive isn't public by default, yes. Neither is Google Drive, FYI. And I can download Onedrive to my Nexus and it will work just as well as the built-in Drive app.
    A895 likes this.
    05-22-2014 09:29 AM
    lol u make me laugh
    windows phone has an NT kernel which is derived from windows so yeah its pretty much windows plus windows apps can run on windows phone with a little bit of UI work etc of course
    Are you telling me that you believe x86 Windows applications can run on ARM phones with "just a little UI work"?
    A895 likes this.
    05-22-2014 09:30 AM
    That specifically talks mainly of the G+ integration with youtube comments, nothing else. And I personally am of the opinion that it was a good thing - YT comments were a cesspool and it was impossible to have any sort of real discussion.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that I have never seen anyone spew lies like you do.

Since you apparently own every cellphone ever assembled, can you please point out to me EXACTLY where and how Google forces you to use Hangouts? Right now, on my Nexus 5, I use Textra for SMS, not Hangouts. If I want, I can download Skype and use that for video calls but Hangouts is just better at it.

Then, you said G+ makes my camera roll public. Lies again. Private until and unless you share it.

Onedrive isn't public by default, yes. Neither is Google Drive, FYI. And I can download Onedrive to my Nexus and it will work just as well as the built-in Drive app.
    dude just wow
    you obviously know nothing abt google+ then
    i own a nexus 5 and 7(2012) as well and onedrive uploads arent as fast and reliable as on wp(for obvious reasons, the same way of the youtube app on wp)
    google drive is a pain to use compared to onedrive,its like using a door to play baseball, doesnt let you download files the way onedrive does
    you yourself said you dont use google drive and hangouts and use onedrive and textra instead
    and why do you need third party apps to handle your personal messages?? how do you know textra isnt malware or something, dont say ratings , there have been instances where malware has made it to the list of top paid apps in play store most notable and recently an "antivirus" which was paid turned out to be malware
    Last edited by Karthik Naik; 05-22-2014 at 09:47 AM.
    05-22-2014 09:37 AM
    Are you telling me that you believe x86 Windows applications can run on ARM phones with "just a little UI work"?
    genius windows apps run on wp as well not talking about x86 , did i say x86?!
    windows store apps are cross platform and can usually run with little work on RT,x86 and WP8.1(onwards)
    you just proved your level of intelligence by calling me a liar and changing my words
    infact wpcentral itself had an article about the new format - appx which replaces xap and is cross platform but not magically, it needs UI work etc
    05-22-2014 09:41 AM
    lol u make me laugh

android is a form of linux FYI
    heres a bit of news for u-
    Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Note the first line itself says LINUX KERNEL
    its not like osx and linux where linux isnt unix but is unix-BASED
    You didn't go into all this detail before.

05-22-2014 09:57 AM
    dude just wow
    i own a nexus 5 and 7(2012) as well and onedrive uploads arent as fast and reliable as on wp(for obvious reasons, the same way of the youtube app on wp)
    google drive is a pain to use compared to onedrive,its like using a door to play baseball, doesnt let you download files the way onedrive does
    you yourself said you dont use google drive and hangouts and use onedrive and textra instead
    and why do you need third party apps to handle your personal messages?? how do you know textra isnt malware or something, dont say ratings , there have been instances where malware has made it to the list of top paid apps in play store most notable and recently an "antivirus" which was paid turned out to be malware
    Stop. You are uninformed to the fullest.

05-22-2014 09:58 AM
    windows store apps are cross platform and can usually run with little work on RT,x86 and WP8.1(onwards)
    you just proved your level of intelligence by calling me a liar and changing my words
    infact wpcentral itself had an article about the new format - appx which replaces xap and is cross platform but not magically, it needs UI work etc
    You didn't specifically say Windows Store apps. That's why he went to x86, you are not being specific in your responses like we automatically know what you mean.

05-22-2014 10:00 AM
    You said Windows apps. Not Windows Store apps. And you've proved your "level of intelligence" many times over, so I'll just sit back and wait for the mods to clear up your act.
    A895 likes this.
    05-22-2014 10:04 AM
    dude just wow
    Then enlighten me. Describe how exactly Google 'forces' you to use G+, ideally with a list of things on your Nexus that you cannot do without signing into G+. This is very strange to me - in 4 years of using Android phones as daily drivers, I have never come across this.

I just said that OneDrive can work just as well as Google Drive on Android, not that I use Onedrive (I do, though, but that's because I have a Windows 8.1 PC as well). Don't know about you, but both of them seem to work equally well. I just uploaded a Powerpoint file to Google Drive, downloaded it on my Nexus and opened it in Office 365. So that's a lie as well. Thanks for proving yourself wrong so well.
    A895, OsamaAdam98 and prasath1234 like this.
    05-22-2014 10:11 AM
    Just to correct, I said I use hangouts instead of Skype.

As for Textra, yes, I don't have to of course. Hangouts is a perfectly good SMS app, I just find it easier to separate my Hangouts chats (which are work-related) from SMS (which is almost always spam). I don't really use SMS, just Whatsapp etc. these days.

The point (which, as always, has been missed) is that I CAN do all these things on an Android phone. I do not have to. But I can, if I want to, and they cannot be done on iOS and WP. So, I choose Android until WP can do everything I need from a phone (mostly apps but a few core features too).
    A895 likes this.
    05-22-2014 10:15 AM
    You didn't go into all this detail before.

its common sense u should know this since u prefer android so much
    05-22-2014 10:27 AM
    You didn't specifically say Windows Store apps. That's why he went to x86, you are not being specific in your responses like we automatically know what you mean.

i said windows APPS note the APPS in it?? so its pretty obvious
    05-22-2014 10:28 AM
303 ... 56789 ...