Windows Phone 8.1 vs Android 4.4.2

Shubhendu Singh

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I use a Lumia 620 too, with WP 8.1 and I see the resuming screen far less than I used to in WP 8.0, I would advise a hard reset if you have any problems. Even asphalt 8 works more smoothly 8.1 as compared to 8.0.
i have Wp8, i plan to move to 8.1 when its final version is out.
Well hard resetting means again emptying my fair share of net band, and also i did a hard reset just 2 weeks ago.
It would be a great help if you could tell me whether ASPHALT 8 will resume the career/multiplayer lvls aftr hard resetting ??
Is there a way to backup its progress !?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
As of right now, Android is better than WP8.1 in terms of function. But in final form and in later updates it may get there. I think their ecosystem is almost the same, Microsoft has Xbox but other than that if you live with Google you are covered with ChromeOS, and Android with Android gaming consoles and Android portable gaming devices (Nvidia Shield) that can now play half-life and Portal.

For Microsoft services users there is Windows 8, Xbox and Windows Phone 8.1. Either company services you are covered for gaming, computing and mobile.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Well in all retrospect Android should be better right now. The true test I think will be in a year or so. One drive allows you to do something with WP that you cant do with Android and that's a shared multi system experience. Unless Chrome comes with a 64k system, you can only do so much, and Android gaming has nothing on Xbox.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well in all retrospect Android should be better right now. The true test I think will be in a year or so. One drive allows you to do something with WP that you cant do with Android and that's a shared multi system experience. Unless Chrome comes with a 64k system, you can only do so much, and Android gaming has nothing on Xbox.

No its a whole different ecosystem. Its not how they compare to each other its about what works the best for you. To you Google's may be inferior but IMO it's the easiest and simplest. Everything syncs automatically, and its available on the widest range of devices.

Consisting how long its going to take, potential for the Universal apps is great, but there has to be some interesting apps and games to take advantage of it. If it has to be compared a year from now, then this thread is too early then.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
But what if I wanted to move away from Android to avoid things like this? Android was "famous" for the need of flashing, resetting, rebooting, babysitting, tweaking, etc. to make it work properly. I now see more of that on WP than I have with any Android I've ever had. And to be fair to Android, it's no longer necessary for the most part. They've switched places! :winktongue:
That's bull****, WP has,always been more stable than android. You're just exaggerating about the "rebooting, babysitting" stuff.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think if you are expecting a bad experience or possibly wanting to find flaws, you're going to get that regardless.

Sent from my all seeing 1020

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Android is just as stable as iOS or WP in recent iterations.

Now that's an exaggeration, many of my friends have S4's and S5's with issues constantly popping up..."but that's not android stock", well people need to stop saying "Android" so loosely because its just not the case. I'm not saying WP is free of its own minor issues, esp battery draining (also existing in some Android devices)...and people can say what they want but iOs is by far the most stable of the 3 platforms.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
App Development I'm general...

Specifically For mapping applications.

Offline mapping, routing, navigation is mature and usable in several apps on android. What is available on wp ?

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Now that's an exaggeration, many of my friends have S4's and S5's with issues constantly popping up..."but that's not android stock", well people need to stop saying "Android" so loosely because its just not the case. I'm not saying WP is free of its own minor issues, esp battery draining (also existing in some Android devices)...and people can say what they want but iOs is by far the most stable of the 3 platforms.

By stable I mean no reboots and crashes. What do you mean by issues?

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
By stable I mean no reboots and crashes. What do you mean by issues?

Dropped calls (carrier is fine, other phones have no issues at all), accessing some areas like contacts generates errors requiring multiple attempts, they've complained about reboots (not very frequent but happens maybe once every 2 weeks), showing data connection but having issues connecting to sites (testing same sites on my phone with same network ie. LTE which works fine)...again this is what was mentioned to me by peers at work with S4/S5 not my own experience.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Dropped calls (carrier is fine, other phones have no issues at all), accessing some areas like contacts generates errors requiring multiple attempts, they've complained about reboots (not very frequent but happens maybe once every 2 weeks), showing data connection but having issues connecting to sites (testing same sites on my phone with same network ie. LTE which works fine)...again this is what was mentioned to me by peers at work with S4/S5 not my own experience.

That is not an Android issue, sounds like a phone issue. If that was an Android issue I have 3 android phones now and have no problems.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
We just presumed it was a samsung/android specific issues since multiple samsung devices experiencing the same issues.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Here we go again: Android is buggy, WP8 is lacking apps, Android is open, WP8 is lacking apps, Android is customizable, WP8 is lacking apps........

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel