Windows Phone 8.1 vs Android 4.4.2

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Android is similar to Linux, but it is not Linux. Windows Phone is very far removed from what Windows is. Android is more similar to Windows than Windows Phone is.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

lol u make me laugh
windows phone has an NT kernel which is derived from windows so yeah its pretty much windows plus windows apps can run on windows phone with a little bit of UI work etc of course

android is a form of linux FYI
heres a bit of news for u-
Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note the first line itself says LINUX KERNEL
its not like osx and linux where linux isnt unix but is unix-BASED

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
yeah right we believe you

edit- here you go , you are incorrect:-
https://www.google.com/search?q=goo...id=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=google++forced

That specifically talks mainly of the G+ integration with youtube comments, nothing else. And I personally am of the opinion that it was a good thing - YT comments were a cesspool and it was impossible to have any sort of real discussion.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that I have never seen anyone spew lies like you do.

Since you apparently own every cellphone ever assembled, can you please point out to me EXACTLY where and how Google forces you to use Hangouts? Right now, on my Nexus 5, I use Textra for SMS, not Hangouts. If I want, I can download Skype and use that for video calls but Hangouts is just better at it.

Then, you said G+ makes my camera roll public. Lies again. Private until and unless you share it.

Onedrive isn't public by default, yes. Neither is Google Drive, FYI. And I can download Onedrive to my Nexus and it will work just as well as the built-in Drive app.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
lol u make me laugh
windows phone has an NT kernel which is derived from windows so yeah its pretty much windows plus windows apps can run on windows phone with a little bit of UI work etc of course

Are you telling me that you believe x86 Windows applications can run on ARM phones with "just a little UI work"?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
That specifically talks mainly of the G+ integration with youtube comments, nothing else. And I personally am of the opinion that it was a good thing - YT comments were a cesspool and it was impossible to have any sort of real discussion.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that I have never seen anyone spew lies like you do.

Since you apparently own every cellphone ever assembled, can you please point out to me EXACTLY where and how Google forces you to use Hangouts? Right now, on my Nexus 5, I use Textra for SMS, not Hangouts. If I want, I can download Skype and use that for video calls but Hangouts is just better at it.

Then, you said G+ makes my camera roll public. Lies again. Private until and unless you share it.

Onedrive isn't public by default, yes. Neither is Google Drive, FYI. And I can download Onedrive to my Nexus and it will work just as well as the built-in Drive app.

dude just wow
you obviously know nothing abt google+ then
i own a nexus 5 and 7(2012) as well and onedrive uploads arent as fast and reliable as on wp(for obvious reasons, the same way of the youtube app on wp)
google drive is a pain to use compared to onedrive,its like using a door to play baseball, doesnt let you download files the way onedrive does
you yourself said you dont use google drive and hangouts and use onedrive and textra instead
and why do you need third party apps to handle your personal messages?? how do you know textra isnt malware or something, dont say ratings , there have been instances where malware has made it to the list of top paid apps in play store most notable and recently an "antivirus" which was paid turned out to be malware

Last edited:

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Are you telling me that you believe x86 Windows applications can run on ARM phones with "just a little UI work"?

genius windows apps run on wp as well not talking about x86 , did i say x86?!
windows store apps are cross platform and can usually run with little work on RT,x86 and WP8.1(onwards)
you just proved your level of intelligence by calling me a liar and changing my words
infact wpcentral itself had an article about the new format - appx which replaces xap and is cross platform but not magically, it needs UI work etc

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
lol u make me laugh

android is a form of linux FYI
heres a bit of news for u-
Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Note the first line itself says LINUX KERNEL
its not like osx and linux where linux isnt unix but is unix-BASED

You didn't go into all this detail before.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
dude just wow
i own a nexus 5 and 7(2012) as well and onedrive uploads arent as fast and reliable as on wp(for obvious reasons, the same way of the youtube app on wp)
google drive is a pain to use compared to onedrive,its like using a door to play baseball, doesnt let you download files the way onedrive does
you yourself said you dont use google drive and hangouts and use onedrive and textra instead
and why do you need third party apps to handle your personal messages?? how do you know textra isnt malware or something, dont say ratings , there have been instances where malware has made it to the list of top paid apps in play store most notable and recently an "antivirus" which was paid turned out to be malware

Stop. You are uninformed to the fullest.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
windows store apps are cross platform and can usually run with little work on RT,x86 and WP8.1(onwards)
you just proved your level of intelligence by calling me a liar and changing my words
infact wpcentral itself had an article about the new format - appx which replaces xap and is cross platform but not magically, it needs UI work etc

You didn't specifically say Windows Store apps. That's why he went to x86, you are not being specific in your responses like we automatically know what you mean.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

You said Windows apps. Not Windows Store apps. And you've proved your "level of intelligence" many times over, so I'll just sit back and wait for the mods to clear up your act.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
dude just wow

Then enlighten me. Describe how exactly Google 'forces' you to use G+, ideally with a list of things on your Nexus that you cannot do without signing into G+. This is very strange to me - in 4 years of using Android phones as daily drivers, I have never come across this.

I just said that OneDrive can work just as well as Google Drive on Android, not that I use Onedrive (I do, though, but that's because I have a Windows 8.1 PC as well). Don't know about you, but both of them seem to work equally well. I just uploaded a Powerpoint file to Google Drive, downloaded it on my Nexus and opened it in Office 365. So that's a lie as well. Thanks for proving yourself wrong so well.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Just to correct, I said I use hangouts instead of Skype.

As for Textra, yes, I don't have to of course. Hangouts is a perfectly good SMS app, I just find it easier to separate my Hangouts chats (which are work-related) from SMS (which is almost always spam). I don't really use SMS, just Whatsapp etc. these days.

The point (which, as always, has been missed) is that I CAN do all these things on an Android phone. I do not have to. But I can, if I want to, and they cannot be done on iOS and WP. So, I choose Android until WP can do everything I need from a phone (mostly apps but a few core features too).

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
You didn't specifically say Windows Store apps. That's why he went to x86, you are not being specific in your responses like we automatically know what you mean.

i said windows APPS note the APPS in it?? so its pretty obvious

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Just to correct, I said I use hangouts instead of Skype.

As for Textra, yes, I don't have to of course. Hangouts is a perfectly good SMS app, I just find it easier to separate my Hangouts chats (which are work-related) from SMS (which is almost always spam). I don't really use SMS, just Whatsapp etc. these days.

The point (which, as always, has been missed) is that I CAN do all these things on an Android phone. I do not have to. But I can, if I want to, and they cannot be done on iOS and WP. So, I choose Android until WP can do everything I need from a phone (mostly apps but a few core features too).

alright then dont comment on windows phone forums go to androidcentral if you dont have anything productive to speak and calling other misinformed is like swinging the axe on your own foot, you are misinformed not me
i dunno man something tells me you prefer the laggy malware life with bank info and other sensitive info reaching you through whatsapp
the thing is if a preinstalled app works flawless you dont need to rely on third party , ios and wp are perfect examples of that
android also makes poor copies of wp and ios features these days
proof- look how widgets behave like tiles nowadays

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
alright then dont comment on windows phone forums go to androidcentral if you dont have anything productive to speak and calling other misinformed is like swinging the axe on your own foot, you are misinformed not me
i dunno man something tells me you prefer the laggy malware life with bank info and other sensitive info reaching you through whatsapp
the thing is if a preinstalled app works flawless you dont need to rely on third party , ios and wp are perfect examples of that
android also makes poor copies of wp and ios features these days
proof- look how widgets behave like tiles nowadays

NO. You are badly misinformed. His responses to your posts are well thought and articulated, while your responses are full of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro