Windows Phone 8.1 vs Android 4.4.2

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
A processor means nothing if the RAM is low. You can have a quad core on the 630, but it won't run all apps and games from the Windows Store because of that 512MB of RAM. The Moto E will run majority of apps and games from the Play Store by comparison. Also the camera bit you can't judge yet as there is not a proper review yet for it.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Golf Gamebook is only 4 Mb app, but it needs 1 Gb. RAM to run by WP8 ... so I think that there is something wrong with WP (hope that MS fix it) ... :p

Well, Moto E has only 4 Gb internal memory and android 4.4.2 do not let you move apps and games to SD ... that's very sad :(

Lumia 630 has 8 Gb internal memory and WP8.1 let you move apps and games to SD card too ... that's great :)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A processor means nothing if the RAM is low. You can have a quad core on the 630, but it won't run all apps and games from the Windows Store because of that 512MB of RAM. The Moto E will run majority of apps and games from the Play Store by comparison. Also the camera bit you can't judge yet as there is not a proper review yet for it.

ive got both phones right here in my hand right now, my grandfather and aunt bought lumia 630 and moto E so ive been playing around with both
battery life is decent on both
camera is absymal on moto E
630 feels more premium in hand and screen wise
512mb ram is enough for wp, maybe not for android which is a resource hog
98% of apps run on 512mb
my daily phones - 820 and 720 perform similiarly and i can play san andreas also properly on my 720
dont generalise
you want pics or a video review , wait for me to upload to my channel

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
What karthik says is correct lumia 630 has good camera compared to even moto g. Go nd read gsmarena review they predict lumia 630 will move volumes for Windows phone.:thumbup::D:banghead:

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Golf Gamebook is only 4 Mb app, but it needs 1 Gb. RAM to run by WP8 ... so I think that there is something wrong with WP (hope that MS fix it) ... :p

Well, Moto E has only 4 Gb internal memory and android 4.4.2 do not let you move apps and games to SD ... that's very sad :(

Lumia 630 has 8 Gb internal memory and WP8.1 let you move apps and games to SD card too ... that's great :)

You have to remember these are low priced devices that those who want smart phones at a low price will buy. They were never meant to hold a bunch of apps and games in the first place. Average consumers again only play the casual games and use the basic social networking apps, they aren't going to be trying to play The Dark Knight Rises or The Amazing Spiderman on these devices.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
You have to remember these are low priced devices that those who want smart phones at a low price will buy. They were never meant to hold a bunch of apps and games in the first place. Average consumers again only play the casual games and use the basic social networking apps, they aren't going to be trying to play The Dark Knight Rises or The Amazing Spiderman on these devices.

Yeah, Moto E is just a feature phone (with 4 Gb internal memory and Android 4.4.2) ... :)

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
ive got both phones right here in my hand right now, my grandfather and aunt bought lumia 630 and moto E so ive been playing around with both
battery life is decent on both
camera is absymal on moto E
630 feels more premium in hand and screen wise
512mb ram is enough for wp, maybe not for android which is a resource hog
98% of apps run on 512mb
my daily phones - 820 and 720 perform similiarly and i can play san andreas also properly on my 720
dont generalise
you want pics or a video review , wait for me to upload to my channel

If these are budget phones, I highly doubt anyone who is buying these devices care about how good the camera is. Again, every time I make a point, you say I am generalizing when that is not true at all. The stuff you said about the 630 is subjective (screen wise and feel in hand is very subjective).

I would rather wait for a proper review from a tech site who will put it thought it's paces.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
What? No one is saying it is a feature phone, it's price is not far from a feature phone though.

I just said it - 4 Gb internal memory (2 Gb free) is gone fast and then they need to do hard reset, to keep it working, so it is just a feature phone :)

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, Moto E is just a feature phone (with 4 Gb internal memory and Android 4.4.2) ... :)

Hey just watch YouTube video you will now how moto e can play amazing Spider-Man 2 .moto e can handle such games.youth who can't afford flagship android devices buy moto e for playing latest games.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
The only difference in both platform is that, in one you have google services and apps working and the other you have Microsoft's services and apps... Oh, and google hate Microsoft.... Microsoft at least is nice in trying to bring some google apps like YouTube... But google is so evil that they rather ask Microsoft to remove anything that is from Google in a WP. I really can't stand Google.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The only difference in both platform is that, in one you have google services and apps working and the other you have Microsoft's services and apps... Oh, and google hate Microsoft.... Microsoft at least is nice in trying to bring some google apps like YouTube... But google is so evil that they rather ask Microsoft to remove anything that is from Google in a WP. I really can't stand Google.

Google asked Microsoft to display ads correctly in the YouTube. They didn't so they dumbed the YouTube app down. Google didn't ask Microsoft to remove anything Google from WP. It's the fact they won't being some of their services to WP. They have no specific reason to do so.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion Android 4.4.2. is a true stepping stone for Android to be just as fast as WP or iOS. I recently read the Moto E review and it was praised for the fact it is quite fast even though it costs $139. I think that is huge.

For as far speed they are the same, ecosystem I give the slight edge to Android because of the larger app store. For feature set, Android still wins.

My biggest problem with 8.1 is that it brings WP up to parity to sure, but it foes not have any distinguishing features besides looks. I know looks are important but there has to be more IMO.

Android has no ecosystem. Apps alone don't make it a ecosystem.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, then what is an ecosystem in the mobile world ?

An ecosystem is not relegated to apps. Hardware, lots of it, is what makes an ecosystem. Phones, tablets, desktop/laptops, gaming consoles and home entertainment systems - that's an ecosystem. Apple and Microsoft are it, as it's always been.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
An ecosystem is not relegated to apps. Hardware, lots of it, is what makes an ecosystem. Phones, tablets, desktop/laptops, gaming consoles and home entertainment systems - that's an ecosystem. Apple and Microsoft are it, as it's always been.

Google, Microsoft, Apple and Amazon. Those are the big 4 with third party services that go along with it.

Sent from my XT907 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6