How/When to enter the Windows Phone platform

Jeff123816

May 16, 2014
Visit site
So I've been through an iPhone for several years and currently have a Galaxy S3 that is starting to give me some hardware problems. I really like what Microsoft is doing and have been using their cloud/productivity services via Android and the PC for several years. I'd like to jump on the Windows phone bandwagon some time soon but am a little disappointed by the lack of choice on the GSM carriers. I'm on T-Mobile now and wouldn't be adverse to going to AT&T since my family's phones would be compatible. The Nokia 925 is everywhere but seems to be quite dated in terms of specs, with a smaller screen than what I currently have. I like the 1520 a lot except for the monster size. The perfect phone both size/spec-wise is the Nokia Icon but it's exclusive to Verizon and that's not an option for me. I'm wondering if it's worth waiting or just using a beater phone for a while until Microsoft releases some new Windows phones. What I'd ideally like is a 5 in. screen, 2GB of RAM and either 32GB storage or an SD card slot. That seems to be the sweet spot for a lot of people, expecially given what Android manufacurers are coming out with these days. Windows Phone has a lot going for it from what I understand- camera quality seems to be outstanding. They could make some major strides if they'd address the general market without these exclusivity deals...Maybe I'm missing something- is there anything from the GSM carriers that would come close?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Get the 1520.... Trust me, you will get used to its size in less than a week.If you have used a galaxy s3 which is approx 5 inches, you'll get used to 6 inches in no time, and it has the most perfect specs of any phone in that price range-SD slot,2gb ram,32 gb storage,20MP camera,etc.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Agree on the 1520. The size will bother you only for a bit. When you get used to it, evening else is small

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte