I have a wholesale bakery and cafe. We currently have three phone lines--a two-line phone system and a fax line. We have DSL internet for our internet, for processing credit card transactions at our POS, and for customers to use free wifi (Mon-Fri).

The time has come for us to upgrade our internet connection, so I am looking at all options. We are also adding a dessert shop this year in the adjacent space, so now we will have three lines of business with phone needs.

As it is we have a variety of cafe calls--to place to go orders or catering orders, asking us to set aside things for them, asking questions about our soup of the day or quiche. We also have chefs calling us to place bread or pastry orders. We have about 40-50 incoming calls and an equal number of outgoing calls per day. When our dessert shop opens we will (hopefully) have people calling to place orders for cakes and tarts.

What I am thinking is a VoIP system with three phone numbers, one for the bakery, cafe and dessert shop. We also would benefit greatly with voice mail for 6 individuals.

I have been looking at 8x8 and Vonage. Can anyone tell me if these are good options for a business such as ours? Are there any other options we should look at?
    05-20-2014 07:28 PM
    I have a wholesale bakery and cafe. We currently have three phone lines--a two-line phone system and a fax line. We have DSL internet for our internet, for processing credit card transactions at our POS, and for customers to use free wifi (Mon-Fri).

The time has come for us to upgrade our internet connection, so I am looking at all options. We are also adding a dessert shop this year in the adjacent space, so now we will have three lines of business with phone needs.

As it is we have a variety of cafe calls--to place to go orders or catering orders, asking us to set aside things for them, asking questions about our soup of the day or quiche. We also have chefs calling us to place bread or pastry orders. We have about 40-50 incoming calls and an equal number of outgoing calls per day. When our dessert shop opens we will (hopefully) have people calling to place orders for cakes and tarts.

What I am thinking is a VoIP system with three phone numbers, one for the bakery, cafe and dessert shop. We also would benefit greatly with voice mail for 6 individuals.

I have been looking at 8x8 and Vonage. Can anyone tell me if these are good options for a business such as ours? Are there any other options we should look at?
    Microsoft Lync might be a good option. If you get Office 365 Enterprise Lync is included. Without looking it up though I can't tell you what the cost is. One nice thing about Lync is that it has great apps for all 3 smartphone OS's: WP, iPhone, and Android.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-20-2014 08:55 PM