It's Time to say Good Bye !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahul Mishra2

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I tried my best to be honest with WP , I defended it so many times..provoked my frnds to buy... but WP is letting me down.. Buggy OS , Buggy App no official Apps ... Now whatsApp Gone.
Its time to try an Android phone i Guess.. :cry:

Lumia 720

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Very sadly..... but I feel the same, although people just started to use it, unlike us who were here from the start. I miss my amazing Lumia 800 winch convinced me that this is the right platform.

danish319

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Considering the same thing. Forget the app gap we don't even have fully baked apps. Very disappointed with the way Microsoft has handled stuff and i've always been a Nokia and windows phone loyalist but i'm gonna give up on it soon. News spreads like wildfire and Whatapp gone even for a week puts a dent on WP sales in India. :(

TheRotfler

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I've made same choice a lot of time ago, but I actually can't buy a new phone, so I'll try to make my WP experience as good as possible, until I'm able to switch platform.
I really need more OS/app features. WP is, in many ways, a too limited platform.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, I tried my best to be honest with WP , I defended it so many times..provoked my frnds to buy... but WP is letting me down.. Buggy OS , Buggy App no official Apps ... Now whatsApp Gone.
Its time to try an Android phone i Guess.. :cry:

Lumia 720
Ok, let me get this straight. Buggy OS? Oh, you mean the 8.1 preview you voluntarily installed and should have known you'd have issues with? And the last I heard the almighty Whatsapp (which I'm really getting sick of) isn't gone, it's on hiatus, to return once the technical issues are sorted out. You want bugs? You'll love Android then...

IlkkaV

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I made the same choice lately, but now that I have a Nexus 5 in addition to my 925, I've noticed that despite the phone having the capabilities and apps, it's still feeling somewhat uninspiring. The "Wow look at all the stuff I can do now" feeling wore off surprisingly quickly.

Rahul Mishra2

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
may be you are right... but Microsoft or Apps developers are not showing any interest in making this good OS to Great OS. Take an example of Music Player...they completely ruined it...

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't really blame you. At times even I get really frustrated. Apps like IMDb, m-indicator which I want most haven't been updated and there are several official apps missing. But all I do is keep hoping that sooner or later the gap between Android and WP will vanish.

pranaysonirip

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Really microsoft is all about wait..
Microsoft = wait..
First u have to wait to next update.to 3-4 months for evry single update.
BBM is coming soon... = wait...
Now WhatsApp is gone = wait..only wait wait wait ....

We spend all of our money only for wait?
Not buggy OS....but its take really more n more time ...for evrytime..n every thing...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft = wait..

Not buggy OS....but its take really more n more time ...for evrytime..n every thing...

I think you can barely hold Microsoft responsible for the time it takes other companies to develop or fix an app. And regarding OS updates, you won't be happier on any other mobile OS either, as even Google and Apple don't provide updates for their systems more frequently.
The only thing I would tend to agree though is that the time it takes to deliver bug fixes. Microsoft could do way better. And they can, as we can see on Windows.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It does everything I need, so for me WP still rocks.
Yeah, there are few issues, but let me remind you nothing in this world is perfect, not even Android :p

and

Good Bye. Hope to see you again :)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft = wait..

Dude Android users don't even get any updates, except for the higher end models, but that too for a limited time.WP receives many updates as compared to Android.

dino73n

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Good by my friend....you will be back much sooner than you think. I replace my lumia 920 for nexus5 three weeks ago and I still can't stop crying. Looking forward for lumia 930 to be released. Will come back with the speed of lightning.....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No! Don't leave us! We've shared so many good times on these forums. All the helpful conversations we've had and of your great posts. We'll REALLY miss you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo