Please stop hating Google, they only spy on us to improve our experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
You know, I like google, I want their apps to be on Windows phone however I can't stand apple. If you think about it, ios 7 is basically windows phone light theme. It's also too closed. You can't even send pictures too phones other than iPhones via Bluetooth. No sd. Overpriced products. Needing their latest products to have certain features like air drop or see. It's ridiculous yet they some how reel people in with their adverts. So please, if you have anyone to hate then hate apple!

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Rofl yes I do hate apple. It I love youtube :wink: they disabled all the glossy shiny features of iOS 7 on my iPad 3 like transparent effects , air drop , as soon as evasion released jailbreak for iOS 7. I got airdrop , effects from cydia which apple simply disabled so that people could buy new iPads.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Rofl yes I do hate apple. It I love youtube :wink: they disabled all the glossy shiny features of iOS 7 on my iPad 3 like transparent effects , air drop , as soon as evasion released jailbreak for iOS 7. I got airdrop , effects from cydia which apple simply disabled so that people could buy new iPads.
Exactly ;)

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you about Apple, though I can't bring myself to hate them, because what they have achieved has led the way at least for some time.

I don't however, believe your claim about Google's spying for a second: Google earn their money by getting us to click adverts. Those adverts need to be targeted to maximize Google's profits and reduce their costs, and to do that, they need to build a profile of each of us. This invasion of privacy is not for our benefit and it is a dangerous folly to pretend anything else.

My standard advice to everyone is not to have a Google account or have an android device. Not because I have proof they're acting dishonestly, though I suspect they are, but because I want to be convinced someone is trustworthy before I trust them with important information. To my mind Google devices and services come with too many stings attached and until I can see where all those ties lead, I'm staying well away.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
You know, I like google, I want their apps to be on Windows phone however I can't stand apple. If you think about it, ios 7 is basically windows phone light theme. It's also too closed. You can't even send pictures too phones other than iPhones via Bluetooth. No sd. Overpriced products. Needing their latest products to have certain features like air drop or see. It's ridiculous yet they some how reel people in with their adverts. So please, if you have anyone to hate then hate apple!

I like Apple. They're are many advantages to closed systems.

They try to create a quality product and give their customers a quality experience.

I just think that they're pricey for what you get. But I think they're more ethical than Google.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I like Apple. They're are many advantages to closed systems.

They try to create a quality product and give their customers a quality experience.

I just think that they're pricey for what you get. But I think they're more ethical than Google.

Agreed. I used to talk much hate against Apple but I didn't know anything much beyond the products they put out and Jobs until I grabbed an OS and a phone. Not so much hate from me on Apple now but a closed system is a good thing especially if the experience inside the wall are quality products. And theirs are not the worse I've seen.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The price point is the only real issue with Apple. They are only targeting one class bracket and because of that some feel alienated and turn away. I would like to see Apple adopt third party utilization. They've seemed to change their approach a little with the 5C, but WP is slowly gaining because they've embraced the lower class markets. Apple is like an Bentley. Most cant afford it so they go with a Chrysler 300. Compromise the exclusive luxury for something cheaper with comparable performance. That's WP.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
In confused how everyone thinks Apple is overpriced.

iPhone costs the same as Active SE or a Lumia Icon off contract.

The Macbook Air and Pro cost the same as any good windows laptop.

The iMac starting price is the same as any comparable Windows AIO.

The iPad costs the same as a surface, features aside.

I am not seeing overpriced.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
In confused how everyone thinks Apple is overpriced.

iPhone costs the same as Active SE or a Lumia Icon off contract.

The Macbook Air and Pro cost the same as any good windows laptop.

The iMac starting price is the same as any comparable Windows AIO.

The iPad costs the same as a surface, features aside.

I am not seeing overpriced.

There's nothing wrong with your point except all the phones you mentioned were high end. What does Apple have to compete with the 630 or Moto G? What about an LG G2 tablet or HP Windows tablet or Asus? That's the point being made. For many they want a low end device while still being able to take advantage if some of the newest technology.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with your point except all the phones you mentioned were high end. What does Apple have to compete with the 630 or Moto G? What about an LG G2 tablet or HP Windows tablet or Asus? That's the point being made. For many they want a low end device while still being able to take advantage if some of the newest technology.

Actually, there is another problem with his point. The Icon is $549.00 off contract and has 32GB of storage. The 32GB 5C is $649.00 and the 32GB 5S is $749.00. I've pointed that out to him but he continues to perpetuate that lie.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site

Apple does not make devices to cater to the low end. Everyone knows that. They don't need to either. They make more money than anybody. People will buy their stuff regardless of how seemingly "expensive" their products are.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Actually, there is another problem with his point. The Icon is $549.00 off contract and has 32GB of storage. The 32GB 5C is $649.00 and the 32GB 5S is $749.00. I've pointed that out to him but he continues to perpetuate that lie.

I am taking about base models. Base model wise, they are the same price. There is no lie. If there was a 16GB Lumia Icon it would be cheaper but since it only comes in 32GB, it's only fair to compare the base models as is. The 16GB of any iPhone is the best seller anyways.

Attachments

• 7392.jpg
    7392.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 7391.jpg
    7391.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 14
May 25, 2014
Visit site

If you'll allow me to analogise based on your post before this one, this is like complaining Ferrari don't make a car that's the same price as Honda.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Everybody who hates a company that produces consumer products can call himself lucky. How little real problems must such a person have, to waste these strong emotions on a business they need to buy nothing from?

Well, my life is even better. I don't have a lot of problems and I hate no tech company. Lucky me I guess.

But honestly, why the hell would you care if Apple products are overpriced or not? Obviously many people don't consider them overpriced, and if you do, you don't have to buy them. Strange world...

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Everybody who hates a company that produces consumer products can call himself lucky. How little real problems must such a person have, to waste these strong emotions on a business they need to buy nothing from?

Well, my life is even better. I don't have a lot of problems and I hate no tech company. Lucky me I guess.

But honestly, why the hell would you care if Apple products are overpriced or not? Obviously many people don't consider them overpriced, and if you do, you don't have to buy them. Strange world...

This.

Mercule

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't hate Google. I just don't trust them at all. Understand that I don't exactly trust any faceless corp. I actively distrust Google, though. They and Facebook are the two companies that I feel somewhat trapped into using against my will, if only because of their ubiquity. Amazon is hostile and predatory, but they're at least transparent about it (or insanely incompetent at lying), so even they don't turn me off as much as Google.

It's unsettling when there are multiple tech companies that make Microsoft seem downright cuddly -- and Apple humble -- by comparison.

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

Maybe for a lot of people you're right(no, you are right about some), but my dislike of Google is centered around their invasive policies. It seems like if you give Google an inch they'll take a lightyear.

I'm also concerned that many people who are getting their first smartphones are being led like lambs to the slaughter. Apple are to be congratulated for building their closed ecosystem and Microsoft congratulated for copying it and making it available at a more reasonable price point. The VAST majority of smartphone users are not equiped to deal with a malware attack or know how to safeguard their digital identities and so, for their sake, Windows phone should run their device while Android is for pasty-faced geeks who need to get out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb