07-01-2014 05:15 AM
138 123 ...
tools
    Recently I was going through some specs on iOS 8 on that I saw several videos,
    All that was really boring,
    But the only feature I like is reply our messages through notification banner.
    That was awesome.
    Other wise everything was just like improvement update...
    Guys respect windows phone...
    06-08-2014 06:46 AM
    Opinions, I find iOS 8 ahead of WP8.1 at the moment. Sure WP 8.1 has some cool features but iOS 8 has features that can be very useful.
    06-08-2014 07:36 AM
    That was awesome.
    Bias argument with no point to back it up. Both are great OSes with the iOS8 having an advantage with the actionable notifications.
    06-08-2014 07:43 AM
    WP will have interactive live tiles coming up in the next update ... What will ios say to that ....
    TheMightyCraken likes this.
    06-08-2014 07:54 AM
    That was awesome.
    Interactive Notification is really awesome, as well as:
    action bottom on lockscreen, favorites in multitask screen and Spotlight
    I did not find it boring
    06-08-2014 07:55 AM
    06-08-2014 09:37 PM
    Interactive Notification is really awesome, as well as:
    action bottom on lockscreen, favorites in multitask screen and Spotlight
    I did not find it boring
    I don't like favorites in multitask....
    06-08-2014 09:38 PM
    how can you say that , its more smoother and faster and wp8.1 . and the reply through notification is awesome.
    06-08-2014 11:05 PM
    IOS is not bad its way good,
    But it lack of utility feature...
    Sharing file via Bluetooth
    06-09-2014 02:46 AM
    I hate these kinds of posts -.- there is no better, and if it's in terms of features, iOS is way better. Don't get me wrong, I like Windows Phone more, but saying "it's better because iOS is boring" isn't really an argument..
    06-10-2014 03:01 AM
    NOT. without the working video app. Honestly, this is driving me nuts.
    Whos idea was to replace the working media hub with really crappy apps such as X-Video?
    AAAAAARGHH
    FinancialP likes this.
    06-10-2014 03:17 AM
    Well, I like iOS more, what do you say now?!

To be serious though, I like both systems equally. Both have things I prefer, comparing WP8.1 and iOS7 now. Since I have had the taste of the iOS app ecosystem though, I'm pretty sure I'll go for iOS with my next phone.
    06-10-2014 03:37 AM
    WP will have interactive live tiles coming up in the next update ... What will ios say to that ....
    Any proof?
    06-10-2014 02:18 PM
    Any proof?
    I think he may be talking about one of the new phones coming out at the end of the year called McLaren.
    06-10-2014 05:51 PM
    Any proof?
    barnyr likes this.
    06-10-2014 07:11 PM
    That was awesome.
    Respect is earned not given.
    06-10-2014 07:16 PM
    Opinions, I find iOS 8 ahead of WP8.1 at the moment. Sure WP 8.1 has some cool features but iOS 8 has features that can be very useful.
    Like no built in nfc, no wireless charging, proprietary plugs, ECT? Just messing but really. WP has so.e great features is missing others same with ios.
    hidayat225 likes this.
    06-10-2014 07:21 PM
    No mmentioning of WP..o know this video but still..not any mentioning of WP and its not safe to bet that it'll happen cause maybe its just a concept
    06-11-2014 05:14 AM
    I don't think it is. I love WP and if my phone died today I would get another WP phone before an iPhone. But iOS is quite an accomplished OS. It's beautiful, smooth, powerful and of course has much more apps.

But, the reason why iOS is like this is only because it's been on the market for the past 7 years. WP on the other hand is merely 4 years old and it has gone a long way.

It's all a matter of opinion really. I prefer the WP environment, the live tiles, the ecosystem, the UI design. But is it better than iOS 8? I would not say that... for now...
    06-11-2014 06:17 AM
    iOS8 and new iPhone with a big screen will catapult Apple on a new level.
    It's also worth mentioning that Apple released a big update less than one year ago, can't say the same about MSFT.
    06-11-2014 09:40 AM
    That was awesome.
    One suggestion for you.
    Never judge book by its cover.

All you see some videos and started commenting on that.
    I am not a fan of iOS(to be honest I hate Apple) but it's too early to judge iOS 8.
    Atleast first gets a hand on iOS 8 and then comment.
    06-11-2014 10:08 AM
    Lumia 1520 + WP 8.1 + surface pro 3 > iPhone 6 + IOS 8 + MacBook air.
    OHardy and Aniruddh Sharma1 like this.
    06-11-2014 10:17 AM
    Oh yeah? How do you know this?
    yaron zeevik likes this.
    06-11-2014 10:27 AM
    I'm about to rant in this thread. These threads are annoying. If you prefer windows phone that's great, but lets be serious. The issues we are having with WP right now are seriously unacceptable. How can you say that IOS is not as good as WP when all of their first party apps work flawlessly (Xbox music?). Apple releases a new version of their OS and they usually don't completely break their existing apps. I am starting to think this MS apologist thing is real....
    06-11-2014 10:39 AM
    I'm about to rant in this thread. These threads are annoying. If you prefer windows phone that's great, but lets be serious. The issues we are having with WP right now are seriously unacceptable. How can you say that IOS is not as good as WP when all of their first party apps work flawlessly (Xbox music?). Apple releases a new version of their OS and they usually don't completely break their existing apps. I am starting to think this MS apologist thing is real....
    Although I agree with you on some aspects, as you can see in my earlier reply, what you're saying is not completely accurate.

First, Apple did screw up with their iOS updates in the past. Apple Maps and Siri are two quite impressive examples as they were disasters at the beginning and, at the time, Google Maps for iOS did not exist as an app.

Second, not only did Apple screw up software, they screwed up hardware as well! Remember what was called the "Antenna-Gate"?

Third, WP8.1 is not yet released to the general public bar a couple of phones that have it and, of course, devs. So it's bound to have glitches. And although I've been highly critical of the Xbox Music and Xbox Video apps, the OS itself works very well and I have to remind myself of that. I do think we're getting less quality for the moment, yes. But when the OS is released to the general public, what will it be like? We don't know yet! We should just all wait and see before comparing anything.

Also, I've seen no one here fully compare the dev release of iOS 8 with WP8.1. Other than the fact that iOS is more mature and will certainly hold WP up on some aspects because of that, I'm certain that the dev release has its glitches and bugs. That is why they announce the OS months before the public release.

In other words, whilst we're on the dev pathway we can't expect to have the quality of a final release. It's our own fault we installed the dev preview (yes I know it's RTM but not yet publicly released) and thus we must compose with having to use our phones with bumps that still need to be evened out!
    06-11-2014 12:06 PM
138 123 ...