If you HAD to leave WP who would you go to?

tonybessette

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I am moving on from Windows Phone, and can not decide who to move to....iOS or Android. If you absolutely HAD to leave WP, which would you pick? I want iOS, but its so boring.....and I'd like Android, but it's so laggy and fragmented.

So, for fun....I thought I would tally all the OS's you said you would go to if you had to leave WP 8.1...and here they are

iOS - 26 (me included)
Android - 40
Blackberry - 11
Symbian - 5
Ubuntu Touch - 2
WM 6.5 - 1
Nokia 3310 - 1
2009 Portrait Slider w/ Full Keyboard - 1

Last edited:

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Android. Just too many solid choices, for hardware. Maybe if the iPhone 6 was nothing like previous models... Lol G3, Nexus 5, Galaxy S5, Note 3/4, HTC One M8, etc... Grabbed a Nexus 7, as my first Android device, a couple weeks ago. Stock Android runs good. Really good.

Although I'd consider Blackberry too. Used it for a couple years before and the new OS looks really nice. But its in the same App struggle as WP. Kinda sick of that...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I would probably return to iOS. I would also have to get a new iPhone, because I refuse to update my old iPhone 4 to iOS 7 and it's so old and outdated now.

vw1610

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Ios8
I've used them all. The majority is spent on iPhone. I love ❤ windows phone and currently switch back and forth. After seeing ios8 I think they nailed all the missing features that Android has had. But as usual Apple will do it right. Execution is key imo.
I had an HTC one for less than a month and could nt handle it. It wasn't worth the hassle to switch over.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd have to go Android. Granted IOS just flat out works! Smooth OS, great cameras. But to me ... A phone is a little like a home or car. A personal piece of property that needs your individual finger print on it.

And for that reason I'd go Android. A bit more customizable and recent versions of Android OS is far better than earlier versions. Have to agree with other poster - HTC One M8, a Galaxy model or a Nexus model.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I will choose android,as the iOS 8 seems good but I find it boring as it used to be....Android is a bit boring as well but it offers a lot more customized experience so I can have a little bit of windows phone taste on it...but for now( and may be for whole of my life) I prefer windows phone over these two...just because of its metro UI.

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
You would have to put a gun to my head to make me leave WP.........but I guess back to Android if I had to.

Why on Earth are you leaving WP?

Elitis

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
If I left WP, which I'm considering (not for lack of interest; just bored), I would go to Ubuntu Touch and/or Android with the Launcher8 theme installed. Ubuntu Touch looks amazing, all its missing are apps. Android, I can't stand certain aspects of it, but I love the openness of it. So, I'd probably run an Ubuntu Touch/Android (again, with the Launcher8 theme) dual boot. Covers the best of everything. Apps through Android (until UT gets the essentials), live tiles through an Android skin, and the pure incredibility of UT.

Slightly off-topic: Since UT is lacking in apps right now and will be for a long, long time once its actually launched, Canonical should really focus on getting convergence ready. Then whenever there's an app I need, I can just plug my phone into a KVM. I use my laptop a lot more than my WP anyway, so this would be perfect for me as a developer.

JJohnson1701

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Android over iOS for its customizability. I will give Microsoft till the first post 8.1 update. If they do not restore hubs, social network integration, and the little extra things they removed from 8.0 to 8.1, then I will leave and not return, and encourage anyone else to leave Windows Phone. I would rather intentionally destroy my car than get anything made by Apple. I'm sick to death of Apple and their fanboys and their incessant attitude of superiority to everyone else.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry or Android. I'm finished with anything Apple. I wouldn't even consider giving them another chance. Plus, I couldn't stand the dinky little screen that requires a magnifying glass.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You would have to put a gun to my head to make me leave WP.........but I guess back to Android if I had to.

Why on Earth are you leaving WP?

Fast OS but slow updates.

I've been a fan since WP7 but until now 3rd party support is still lacking. I'm fine with the apps it has everything you need actually but 3rd party hardware has been so slow.
Oh and I still can't send a damn file with Skype. How is this possible.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Android over iOS for its customizability. I will give Microsoft till the first post 8.1 update. If they do not restore hubs, social network integration, and the little extra things they removed from 8.0 to 8.1, then I will leave and not return, and encourage anyone else to leave Windows Phone. I would rather intentionally destroy my car than get anything made by Apple. I'm sick to death of Apple and their fanboys and their incessant attitude of superiority to everyone else.

​I think Apple fanboys think the same for WP fanboys too though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte