If you HAD to leave WP who would you go to?

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm running devices on two OS already, iOS and WP. So "leaving" WP would just mean dropping WP.

I wouldn't even touch Android with your bargepole, let alone mine...

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
If I had to leave today......I would hate it.

Come September or November when the 5.5" iPhones come out,entirely different story.

The Note 4 looks nice,but the new UI of Google's looks ugly from what I have seen recently.

When I switch,and I will switch those 2 phones will be what I wind up with.

Both will eventually get jail broken or rooted depending upon which I have after a few months so that there will be themes available for them.

Both need to be customized imho,the iPhone to open it up more,and the Android to remove any carrier bloat.

What concerns me is the direction Google is going with its UI..and getting passed any e-fuses they have installed with Knox. Apples iPhone you just have to wait until the jailbreak is available for download. My understanding is most all store apps work with it if already on it.

Either way this fall will be interesting to say the least for me.

Why.....I just don't have enough faith in Microsoft to fix WP current issues and will always having to wait for a update

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't HAVE to leave but I like trying off-the-beaten-path devices. It's part of the reason for having an ATIV S Neo, besides the fact that it's a wonderful phone with very little love shown for it. Anywho, I decided to go slummin' today and picked up one of those cheap BLU Android phones. I know it may only last a couple of months due to the unrivaled build quality of this latest Chinese creation. Be that as it may, it's actually quite good. There is zero lag and everything is snappy. Kinetic scrolling is fluid and I've yet to notice any hiccups. You have to wonder if OEM skins have anything to do with the documented issues on Android. Right now I feel like Mr. Phelps waiting for this phone to self-destruct in 5 seconds but so far it's a good showing for Vanilla Android. BTW for you youngsters out there, the preceding sentence was a reference to the original Mission: Impossible.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Out of the three of them Microsoft have the best track record for security.

Best track record? perhaps you don't realise that MS were the first ones to give access to the gov, here are the dates from the slides in the TED talk by Snowden:

Microsoft: September 2007
Google: Jan 2009
Apple: Oct 2012

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Best track record? perhaps you don't realise that MS were the first ones to give access to the gov, here are the dates from the slides in the TED talk by Snowden:

Microsoft: September 2007
Google: Jan 2009
Apple: Oct 2012

I don't think this falls into the realm of what is usually considered "security". If this is your standard, then we might as well forget about security entirely, because nothing is secure if the laws in a country allow the government to access whatever they want. This isn't really MS' fault. Nor is it Google's or Apple's fault. They all caved. These are legal matters, not really issues related to IT security in the traditional sense.

MS may or may not have been first. But I don't think that matters. The first company to cave will have been the first company who had NSA lawyers at their front door.

If you are going to site this as a reason for MS products/services not being secure, you'd also have to site MS moving some of their data centres over to Europe as a reason for them becoming very secure, as that puts all the data in those datacentres beyond the U.S. government's reach. I'm not aware of either Google or Apple going to those lengths. But like I said, I don't think either is really related to security in the traditional sense.

I do think Neo158's point stands though. At least in the traditional sense, security and privacy are both areas where MS excels in comparison to the competition, at least so far.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
after buying a lumia 720,820,nexus 5,nexus 7 and recently a blackberry z10
id say BB10 and WP8.1 have got what i wanted and needed just right
its user friendly and secure,simple yet powerful
dont need high hardware specs to run(BB10 though needs 1.5-2gb minimum but other than that its fine and justified in the way it handles multitasking)
android has alot of pros but for the end user its a super saturated complicated os(atleast in my honest opinion,everyone is entitled to their opinions about this :) )
android may have more flexibility but its a drawback due to poor security etc compared to wp,ios and BB10
BB10 really has me impressed this time,its even smoother than my nexus devices,only BB has a poor marketing strategy and BBOS 6-7.1 hardware issues caused a loss of trust but if it was released earlier it could have proved a huge challenge for google and maybe even nokia
ios is great on the ipad but the iphone has never impressed me much
in tablets yes,ipad is king followed by windows tablets(for now)
the next few years are gonna be interesting

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
BB 10 device since am student blackberry z10. It s price is cheap in India or I will go for blackberry z3 to try that os.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
BB 10 device since am student blackberry z10. It s price is cheap in India or I will go for blackberry z3 to try that os.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

yeah BB10 is an absolute breeze , a wind of fresh air,am tired of android and ios taunts
if you love BB10 or WP you will love WP and BB10 respectively
while a bit limited in a few ways , i would anyday get a BB10 over an android and a WP over an iphone
btw Z10 and Z30 just got price drops on flipkart, i bought a Z10 for 10k a few days ago and stopped using my nexus 5
Z10 and Lumia 720 as daily phones now-pure awesomeness

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
BB10 is an awesome OS indeed. If only the Z30 came as a GSM phone and not a Verizon exclusive.

Sent from my STUDIO 5.5 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would HAVE to go Droid. There is no way I will use iTunes. I like to drag and drop songs onto my phone, not use an antiquated fruit app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99