Today Nokia has lunches the x2, with alot of improvements and changes, one of these is a new third page which is list of the apps, it has the same design.
    What do you think about the X2?
    06-24-2014 05:33 AM
    Today Nokia has lunches the x2, with alot of improvements and changes, one of these is a new third page which is list of the apps, it has the same design.
    Liking and not liking the design is up to each individual. I like X2. It looks better than X. They haven't grouped the same color tiles in the demo pics and it looks better. Same color tiles without gap between them looks ugly.
    Yes the app list looks very much like WP.
    But I'm more worried about the hardware specs. It has Front cam, flash, 1GB Ram and stuff like that and LUMIA630 don't have any of these.. Are they gonna launch an updated version of 630? Any idea? I know there is a Chinese special edition called Lumia 638 which has 1GB Ram.
    06-24-2014 05:39 AM
    It's hard for me to comprehend why this phone line exists. Everybody is telling me how efficient Windows Phone is even on slower hardware, still, Microsoft (Nokia) thinks that a forked version of Android is more efficient?

Or is it the price? Why is it cheaper to release this hardware with Android than with Windows Phone?

The only reason I can think of why this phone exists, is that Nokia had it almost ready and Microsoft just finished it to not lose to much money. They would have better focused on producing the Lumia 930 in quantities that they can release it in a reasonable time frame, instead of bringing it to the market as a new "flagship device" with hardware that was in phones sold 9 months ago.
    06-24-2014 05:42 AM
    I wonder how much better this performs compared to the X .. check out Nokia X2 Price In Pakistan
    06-24-2014 05:59 AM
    when we will se LUMIA 930 in middle east
    06-24-2014 09:54 AM
    when we will se LUMIA 930 in middle east

"Soon" is the answer which you can expect!
    06-25-2014 10:37 AM
    The only reason I can think of why this phone exists, is that Nokia had it almost ready and Microsoft just finished it to not lose to much money.
    I think that Microsoft was behind Nokia X from the beginning. As a smartphone manufacturer, they have to sell devices. That doesn't change now that Microsoft owns it.
    06-25-2014 11:17 AM
    I think that Microsoft was behind Nokia X from the beginning. As a smartphone manufacturer, they have to sell devices. That doesn't change now that Microsoft owns it.
    If they can release an Android phone that looks better on paper than their own Windows Phone device, this is only a sign for me that they really don't believe in Windows Phone and reassures me in leaving Windows Phone. There are enough manufacturer who take this business seriously and don't jump to whatever their analysts or whoever believe is best at the moment.

Forgetting everything about Windows Mobile to release a truncated version called Windows Phone 7, only to change Kernel and re-release a truncated version of Windows Phone 7 called Windows Phone 8, only to then start to sell Android devices?

That makes me more angry than it should, I guess I just have to look at all those shiny Androids and iPhones to calm my nerves.
    FAHMI BASSEM likes this.
    06-25-2014 12:03 PM
    If they can release an Android phone that looks better on paper than their own Windows Phone device, this is only a sign for me that they really don't believe in Windows Phone and reassures me in leaving Windows Phone. There are enough manufacturer who take this business seriously and don't jump to whatever their analysts or whoever believe is best at the moment.

Forgetting everything about Windows Mobile to release a truncated version called Windows Phone 7, only to change Kernel and re-release a truncated version of Windows Phone 7 called Windows Phone 8, only to then start to sell Android devices?

That makes me more angry than it should, I guess I just have to look at all those shiny Androids and iPhones to calm my nerves.
    Microsoft should hear your message
    06-25-2014 05:05 PM
    If they can release an Android phone that looks better on paper than their own Windows Phone device, this is only a sign for me that they really don't believe in Windows Phone and reassures me in leaving Windows Phone.

I don't understand your logic here at all. On paper?? If they release a Lumia that is comparable with an X phone and give the X better specs, and the Lumia runs better than the X phone, then why the hell does it matter what the specs are? So you can brag to your friends? To me, if they do that, it just speaks about the inefficiencies of Android more than anything else.
    06-25-2014 05:18 PM
    I don't understand your logic here at all. On paper?? If they release a Lumia that is comparable with an X phone and give the X better specs, and the Lumia runs better than the X phone, then why the hell does it matter what the specs are? So you can brag to your friends? To me, if they do that, it just speaks about the inefficiencies of Android more than anything else.
    I wrote on paper because I don't have reviews to compare them to each other. I have no idea how the X2 performes, however the 630 has pretty terrible reviews.
    06-26-2014 01:26 AM
    I feel microsoft is moving towards a service and cloud company.getting more and more people into their services.the recent onedrive price cut makes me think that.
    I doubt the new CEO is as invested in wp as balmer.yea wp is here to stay.the chances of microsoft abandoning is next to zero unless it comes down crashing and loses tons of money.with new oems and 8.1 i doubt that will happen.
    But I think wp wont be their primary focus anymore.
    06-28-2014 03:46 PM