Moving forward to iOS

otromateo

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't a WP fan, but I've owned a Lumia 820 and fell in love with the OS. I'm using Windows Phone Dev Preview and I'm loving it, it's fast, pretty stable, and full of functionality (well, maybe not that much functionality), but I'm pretty much an app guy, and obviously, the app gap it's KILLING ME. I'm thinking on moving forward to iOS but I don't know if I should wait to see what is this "major thing" coming to Windows Phone (hopefully it'll be something related to software) or just make the change. What do you guys think? Should I stay or should I go?

I'm from Uruguay, so, if something is misspelled just let me know.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't a WP fan, but I've owned a Lumia 820 and fell in love with the OS. I'm using Windows Phone Dev Preview and I'm loving it, it's fast, pretty stable, and full of functionality (well, maybe not that much functionality), but I'm pretty much an app guy, and obviously, the app gap it's KILLING ME. I'm thinking on moving forward to iOS but I don't know if I should wait to see what is this "major thing" coming to Windows Phone (hopefully it'll be something related to software) or just make the change. What do you guys think? Should I stay or should I go?

I'm from Uruguay, so, if something is misspelled just let me know.
I don't see any "APP GAP" any more, lots of official apps arrived on store & more to come.
BTW, Decision is yours, no one pulling your back.. lol :D

Jaafarj

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
My honest advise would be to keep your windows phone and get an iphone as well. That way you'll get to use the best of both worlds :)

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The Apps is up to the developers if they want to develop on this platform. MSFT does not control this.

Eventually dev's will come to this platform. But this will take some time and don't expect it anytime soon. If you are a app person you better off with iOS.

But stay tuned to WP. Windows Phone is getting better and better.

otromateo

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Sure:
VSCO Cam (there are other options, yes, but no one gives you the results this app gives)
SoundCloud (an official one, because some artists won't let you hear their songs from third party apps)
Snapchat (I know we have Huyn's option, but it's a third party app and I don't know if it'll get full integration with the OS)
Preguntados (it's a trivia game powered by facebook here in south america)
MercadoLibre (it's like eBay)
And the list goes on.
I know this it's not up to Microsoft, but I'm pretty sure that they can put under pressure some developers to bring their apps to the platform.

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I did the same move a couple of weeks ago. I am glad I moved, but my icon is faithfully waiting in my drawer for this "big thing." What I do miss from WP though: deep email integration, driving mode, and the swipe keyboard. I got over it though.

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a lot of phones and systems, you can't please everyone , only yourself..."app gap" lol makes me giggle when people say that! Isn't it better to be different instead of the same?

otromateo

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Of course it's better to be different, that's the main reason I've bought my Nokia Lumia. But when talking about apps I think we all want (deserve) the same functionality.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When different is better off effing course it's better, but when it isn't better then it's just stupid.

As much as i love my Lumia920... the app gap is real, the quality app gap is real and the app's features gap is real.

The struggle is real.

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
When different is better off effing course it's better, but when it isn't better then it's just stupid.

As much as i love my Lumia920... the app gap is real, the quality app gap is real and the app's features gap is real.

The struggle is real.
Depends on your needs and uses. I have absolutely no "app gap". Everything I need is there, and of good quality. But I know that some people want other things and if it's that important to them, I don't even understand why they ask these questions (unless they want someone to talk them out of leaving).

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Depends on your needs and uses. I have absolutely no "app gap". Everything I need is there, and of good quality. But I know that some people want other things and if it's that important to them, I don't even understand why they ask these questions (unless they want someone to talk them out of leaving).

They ask because they are unsure and are looking for others opinions on it. Not everyone is confident in their decision making abilities.........

Editguy1900

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
They ask because they are unsure and are looking for others opinions on it. Not everyone is confident in their decision making abilities.........
I get that, but we're talking about freaking phones, not buying a house. Do they need someone to help them pick out the clothes they wear? :smile:

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I get that, but we're talking about freaking phones, not buying a house. Do they need someone to help them pick out the clothes they wear? :smile:
You do understand that not many can buy a new phone every few months. For example, I have a Lumia 520 & I'll have to keep it for at least 2 years before purchasing a new phone. Hence it's important to choose the right phone & get as many opinions as possible.

As for the subject of clothes, I do take suggestions from my family members about what I should wear. This helps me a lot.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Well..to some extent this could be a first time major purchase for some,and in today's economy it never hurts to get a idea for one😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3