08-01-2014 07:38 PM
114 1234 ...
tools
    lol i don't hate any OS but I hate some of the microsoft employees. How can your own apps and services be better in other platforms than your own.
    07-29-2014 07:31 PM
    Nope, I think each OS has its advantages and disadvantages in comparison to each major OS competitor. I still prefer WP start screen to android or IOS or bb10...thats why I use it.
    Villain likes this.
    07-29-2014 07:39 PM
    I don't hate, but strongly dislike Android. I own 3 different Android devices and haven't used any of them for a few months. They just don't do anything for me. I tried to like them, but just couldn't.

I also have a gold iPhone 5s, I love this lil guy, but that's the problem; it's so tiny, like child toy tiny! But I'm really looking forward to the large iPhones!

My main phone is currently a 1520, and I love this machine like no other! Just wish we could get the apps! Not just the fad ones, but the functional ones as well. The gap is rapidly closing though. That and I wish Microsoft's own services would run better here than on others. Skype being a prime example. Other than that, this is the phone I'll stay with until it's successor is available!
    elmacho likes this.
    07-29-2014 07:49 PM
    Yes all of the forums have bias. But this forum has virtually all of the name calling. Lagdroid, crapdroid, iSheep, iCrap, Shamesung, it's all here, and only here. I think that this forum is the most interesting, but I do not like the disrespect. It represents the (lack of) classiness of WP and its users. Let's show ourselves as the respectable smartphone users we are.
    I just look at it as immaturity...the name calling and close mindedness that is. Most of these mobile platforms share patents even if they appear
    to hate other. If you've ever seen the Lumia wedding fight commercial, you'd be surprised. But its an accurate description of just how "adults" can behave. :) Just for laughs, here it is.
    07-29-2014 08:03 PM
    I just look at it as immaturity...the name calling and close mindedness that is. Most of these mobile platforms share patents even if they appear
    to hate other. If you've ever seen the Lumia wedding fight commercial, you'd be surprised. But its an accurate description of just how "adults" can behave. :) Just for laughs, here it is.
    That commercial...still funny and awesome lol
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-29-2014 08:43 PM
    When I switched to WP, I thought iOS was OK but only about halfway between Android and WP in quality. I hated Android back then because 2.x was, to put it diplomatically, a hideous and laggy pile of garbage. iOS didn't have notifications yet so it couldn't compete with live tiles at all, but it was at least decent looking and fairly fast.

Nowadays, both iOS and Android have updated their design to be much more like WP, and I think they are both pretty quick now so the lag is not there as much. And the carrier versions of the OS are not so terrible anymore. Now I don't hate either, and might even consider using one once they stop using icon grids. However, after getting used to WP, it's annoying to have to choose between the ability to see notifications or launch a program, not to mention being blind to updates without an uncomfortable thumb-stretching gesture. The home screen should have most of your notifications; rounded pictures that never change are daft artifacts of the 90's. So while I don't hate iOS or Android anymore, their icon grids still annoy me.
    Beppe Gissi likes this.
    07-29-2014 09:18 PM
    I don't hate android or IOS. I hate what google has become.
    07-29-2014 10:11 PM
    I own a HTC evo & 2nd gen ipod touch once. So, No.
    07-29-2014 11:08 PM
    But, I hate that android apps are so intrusive and meddlesome.
    07-29-2014 11:11 PM
    "Hate" is a strong word. I own a Sony Xperia Z Ultra. It's a beautiful phone. So, I don't hate or even strongly dislike Android or IOS. As operating systems, they are undeniably good, in my opinion. I just get irritated by the vomit-inducing adoration that Apple gets pretty much every single day by so many people. The comedian, Bill Hicks, would be all over this if he were alive today. That little Apple on a device sure makes some people think very highly of themselves. lol I used to get that vibe by the people that adored hanging out in Starbucks, but that's for a different thread I suppose. :)
    07-29-2014 11:19 PM
    Hate is too strong a word, I could say I dislike them because
    1) I just dislike Google
    2) I dislike ios as it is just way too confined
    3) I disliked blackberry, when I used it, as it was insanely stale plus the comparative apps on the app store was at min 2.99 where as on ios it was 0.99 pence (pre- BB OS 10 - i think it was running BB O/S 5) the latest blackberry I had for the longest time and even used it for a daily driver for a bit (compared to my Win mo 6.x phones) was the bold 9700 with the indigo theme and I still have the .ipd files lol....

Having used Android, ios, blackberry, they weren't for me.. or rather I'm no longer in to jail breaking, rooting or flashing roms. I just want my phone to work lol. Everyone has their own opinions, likes, dislikes go through phases - this free will is what makes us who we are as it defines our personalities.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-30-2014 12:00 AM
    I don't hate any platform. I just prefer Windows Phone.

iOS itself isn't bad. I have more of a dislike for the tiny form factor of current iPhones.

I don't think Android itself is bad. I just dislike Google's lack of privacy. Its actual products are great.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 07-30-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    07-30-2014 12:15 AM
    Well, I don't hate Android neither iOS.

I think wp users hate Android & Apple because they are ahead of of WP.
    And
    That's the reason wp users don't bother with sailfish Jolla and WebOS because they are behind WP.
    07-30-2014 12:33 AM
    I think wp users hate Android & Apple because they are ahead of of WP.
    And
    That's the reason wp users don't bother with sailfish Jolla and WebOS because they are behind WP.
    Interesting concept. But you may be on to something...
    ohgood likes this.
    07-30-2014 12:41 AM
    Reading the threads and comments I've noticed there's a lot of ill feelings towards other OS's, especially Android.

I use Android phones and WP, plus iPads, and I feel that this variety helps me keep an open mind. There's a lot of good stuff on each OS, and a lot each of them can learn from the others, and blindly defending WP or Android or iOS actually hinders their evolution in the long run, IMO. Plus, on a personal level, if you refrain from using a potentially great product out of spite, at the end of the day it's your loss. I don't understand why there is so much negativity in tech forums, or why people feel so attacked when so-and-so company is criticized.

So, I'd like to hear from you guys, do you hate anything which isn't WP? And why?
    My opinion on Android is good. My opinion on Google and the way Android (and the rest of the platform) is managed is extremely negative. On the other hand, whoever knows how tentacular Google's hands are becoming can't but be worried. A company that owns a near monopoly on global searches, on mobile OS, is US based, cooperates with NSA and is aiming at becoming a provider of the Department of Defense of the US is nothing short of a worry, globally. Of course if you don't think about all of this, its services are quite useful (as long as you are eager to let them know how many times you use your toilet everyday and which brand of undies and whatever you wear so they can make "customized adds" and profile you in the process).
    But in my case this applies to Facebook , Twitter, Microsoft, Skype and the whole circus. Google however is taking it to a complete new level and with unprecedented arrogance.
    The whole model is wrong citizen-side.
    07-30-2014 12:51 AM
    At least here in the US, Sailfish and Jolla are non-existent. One cannot purchase devices in carrier stores or from carriers' websites, which is how we generally buy smartphones here in the US.

webOS is dead, other than in LG smart TVs. There are no new webOS smartphones being manufactured anymore.
    Himanshu Chowdhary and a5cent like this.
    07-30-2014 12:51 AM
    I don't know any other OS well enough to hate it. In fact I'm probably going to sell my Lumia 520 and look for a rugged phone, either new or used, feature or smart, with any OS if it's not too old. As long as it works on the AT&T network, isn't too much over $100, and has at least a 4 MP camera.
    07-30-2014 01:00 AM
    I have a Dell pro 8 Windows tablet and a Nexus 7 Android Tablet A Nokia 920 with 8.1 DP and a HTC One M7, I like the Dell for some things but to be honest I grab the Nexus most of the time, I use the 920 80% of the time and really love it and I love Cortana the HTC is a really nice phone and I do like it but after a day or two I always go back to the 920 for a week or so. I think Google Now is ok but it just kinda leaves you wanting more from it and I do hate G mail. I have had an i phone and it is a fine device worked as advertised but way to restrictive and I am sorry about this and I by no way mean to say Blondes are in anyway dumb, but just for a jokes sake, Siri must be a blonde. I will be sticking with Windows phones
    07-30-2014 01:39 AM
    At least here in the US, Sailfish and Jolla are non-existent. One cannot purchase devices in carrier stores or from carriers' websites, which is how we generally buy smartphones here in the US.

webOS is dead, other than in LG smart TVs. There are no new webOS smartphones being manufactured anymore.
    WP also not doing well in USA.
    And
    Web OS soon coming to other countries and same Jolla.

Main strength of WebOS is that they are soon releasing $50 phone.

If not smartphone market they might capture basic and feature phone market.
    07-30-2014 01:41 AM
    WP also not doing well in USA.
    And
    Web OS soon coming to other countries and same Jolla.

Main strength of WebOS is that they are soon releasing $50 phone.

If not smartphone market they might capture basic and feature phone market.
    Do you mean Firefox OS? webOS as a smartphone platform is dead. webOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-30-2014 01:46 AM
    webOS?

If you mean Firefox OS i think right now is facing serious competition from Android, there is $50 phones like the Samsung Duo and L series from LG... granted those phones maybe are POS, but for now, Firefox OS can't beat the app selection and popularity of Android.

Heck, even WP is trying to capture the low end market with the L530, in a couple of months the prices of that phone will go down as low for $50... just like the L520.

About, Jolla... well we just see how it goes but i have my doubts, just remember that mobile OS needs a powerful backer, like Google with Android, even MS is struggling with WP and powerful Samsung seems to giving up on Tizen.
    07-30-2014 02:10 AM
    having no issues with neither android or ios
    apple though...
    07-30-2014 02:29 AM
    I don't hate android or IOS. I hate what google has become.
    The fact aside, that I personally wouldn't use the word "hate", as it's too strong a word in my opinion, I agree with you. I remember the days when Google was founded and they quickly dominated the market with their search engine. They were young, cool, not so stubborn and bound to the old days. They were a fresh take on how a company should be and act. Unfortunately things have changed a lot with each day their success grew.

I've never been an Apple fan though. I can't even exactly explain why. I do give them credits for their very first iPhone, as it was a revolution to smartphones. But I dislike the way they claim everything to be their very own innovation, invention and idea, where it's clearly not. The thing I dislike about Apple the most though isn't even their own fault. It's many of their users - at least over here in Germany - who try and make you believe that having an Apple product is sort of a status quo. Like owning a Mercedes Benz or Porsche or something. Tbh, Apple deserves some respect to have built up such a loyal user base.

To me - and again, this is my very own, personal opinion - Microsoft has evolved a lot in the past few years. In a very positive way. They're shifting away from being the slow acting behemoth they used to be. They are more and more turning into a company that is willing to take risks instead of holding onto what has been successful for so many years and refusing to develop it any further. What I really love about the ecosystem is how it's beginning to fit together nicely. Xbox One, Surface Tablets, desktop PCs and Windows Phones make for a great combination already. And the way things are going I expect this to become stronger and stronger in the upcoming years.
    Last edited by dKp1977; 07-30-2014 at 05:24 AM.
    07-30-2014 02:38 AM
    I try very hard to not "hate" anything in life. It seems like it would be unhealthy. The way I look at it is that I don't want an iPhone at all, and I really don't want and Android phone.

I also recently bought Samsung Tab 4, and I'm quite content with that being my Android experience. Really, it was the only reasonable thing I could get from T-Mobile, so.

Also, I've thought about it some, and probably won't quit it. But since a McLaren type of phone probably won't be coming out this Fall, but rather some 720 successor, I'd much rather wait until the WP9 launch until next year. Hopefully March, or something.. :)
    07-30-2014 02:47 AM
    i hate android and iphones in a way
    i like stock android but its very boring,
    iphones are overrated and my friends who tout iphones constantly try to act superior etc and call any non-iphone slow ,ugly etc
    my android touting friends act as though ios and wp are limited etc and havent used anything other than android and love piracy,roms,launchers etc
    i myself have alot of devices- L720,L820,Moto E,Nexus 7,Nexus 5,Galaxy Note 2,ipads(2,3,4) and a lenovo android tab
    while ios is a great os on the ipad and i absolutely love it (and windows and windows phone :D ) ,android is a clutter,messy and though flexible,it lacks a certain premiumness
    i dont mean to hurt anyone with my comments :) nor am i generalising about the users of ios and android,but am stating what i observed myself with each os and my friends using them
    07-30-2014 04:46 AM
114 1234 ...