08-01-2014 07:38 PM
114 ... 2345
tools
    Lately I've been considering buying an ipod touch to use alongside my 630, but considering it costs 160 and my 630 only cost me 80, I just can't justify spending that kind of money. It's a disgrace and I refuse to pay 160 to just get some apps that are not available on WP.

I don't have any issues with Microsoft itself, just the companies that don't recognise WP as a proper platform.
    I'd say skip buying an iPod Touch. I bought the latest model a year ago, and all I use it for is for a grocery store loyalty app. Other than that, I have no reason to use it. The apps will come, or more likely a indie developer. I just switch to competing products if they have the app available in the WP store these days.
    sejgiul likes this.
    07-30-2014 02:51 PM
    1. Android has far too many security holes.
    2. Android slows down the hardware a lot.
    3. Nexus is pricier in Europe than the US.
    4. Android UI is extremely user-unfriendly.
    5. Apple iPhone is made for teenage girls.
    6. All my PCs are running on Windows 8.1.
    7. I got Nokia Lumia 625 for only 49 new.
    8. Battery life and screen size matter also.
    9. So does 4G and so does a Full HD cam.
    10. To sum this up, there is no competition.
    Where did you find a 625 at that price?? It's 180 here

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-30-2014 02:52 PM
    I'd say skip buying an iPod Touch. I bought the latest model a year ago, and all I use it for is for a grocery store loyalty app. Other than that, I have no reason to use it. The apps will come, or more likely a indie developer. I just switch to competing products if they have the app available in the WP store these days.

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. Miffed off with lack of support though.
    07-30-2014 02:53 PM
    I don't like Apple because it is too cold. "Like this because I say so", "Use this charger that no one else can use", One size fits all, you're holding it wrong mentality.

I don't like Android because it is too hot. Using me as a advertising base, intrusive with malware, the next best thing always fragments last quarter's device.

Windows Phone seemed juust right. IMO
    07-30-2014 02:55 PM
    Where did you find a 625 at that price?? It's 180 € here

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    I... "cheated".
    07-30-2014 03:04 PM
    I'm using android almost 3 years and I hate it. WP + IOS ftw
    carlos12001 likes this.
    07-30-2014 03:08 PM
    Hate android, but if Windows Phone croaks, iOS will be my fall back OS.
    carlos12001 and elmacho like this.
    07-30-2014 03:08 PM
    I like WP but because of android's market share many apps are not here(or are less featured), developers are just not bothered about it, this is my reason to hate android along with the experience I had with mine a year back.
    And iPhone is over priced despite having a boring OS.
    But I like these new blackberrys, they are first in list if I ever switch.
    07-30-2014 03:25 PM
    dont hate any of the other os's. i actually like android and have used it extensively in the past. i just got bored with it and decided to give wp a try and happened to like it. as for ios, i tried to use it but could not get comfortable with it so i dont really care to use it
    07-30-2014 03:41 PM
    I really don't enjoy using iOS, especially older iPhones. The form factor is far too small, and the OS is a little simplistic for me.

I don't dislike Android, but I wouldn't prefer it to be my day to day phone.
    07-30-2014 03:49 PM
    Hate is a strong word. Hate? No. It's a technology. A PIECE OF TECH. If you hate any given platform or hardware then you need to get a life.

I don't hate any software or hardware tech, but I do not prefer iOS (boring set of grids, no personality, ugly color palette, proprietary) and Android (mis-mash of stuff, slow and buggy, more icons, big-brother Google).
    grexion likes this.
    07-30-2014 03:57 PM
    No, I just prefer Windows Phone...
    07-30-2014 04:00 PM
    Nope. I've never owned one of either but if I ever switch OSes I will go with android. IOS seems a bit girly to me in its design and colors. I use my wifes S4 and do find lots of it makes me envious.
    07-30-2014 04:11 PM
    I would agree that the only argument against Windows Phone is the App store, but I'm not so much concerned about the quantity as the updates of the apps already present. For example, the Kindle app still doesn't have feature parity with the iOS/Android version. Same thing for the Audible app. Many apps that are supposed to be the WP version of big apps either don't have the same features or are never updated. That's the app argument that I think is more relevant than any about numbers.
    giulianoreali likes this.
    07-30-2014 04:13 PM
    ...This stretches back to some of it's other mobile platforms. Anyone remember Windows CE? Anyone? Or how about those things called PDA's (Personal Digit Assistants)? Yeah, "OLD FOLKS" tech before the days of i(whatever), things connected to Cellar systems, and Googling the cyber universe.
    Oh, I remember those. I've been there since CE 1.0 - a Compaq palmtop. I even had a Newton 120/130/2000/2100, which was great until Steve killed it. Followed CE through the iPaqs (there's the iWhatever before the iWhatevers now), even had a Psion 3 and lusted for the HP palmtop of some name I forget. Even before all that, I was messing around with those super expensive organizers - Sharp Wizards.

The good ol' days of tinkering. Those days are gone - I just need my device to do things fast, and not break. Good to see some folks are still into tinkering with their devices.
    07-30-2014 04:16 PM
    As I said previously, I dont hate any of them. But what I see here is a pattern of people who "HATE" or strongly dislike Android for reasons that they should not. I see that security flaws are mentioned ALOT. That is partially due to the fact that it is an open source operating system and it is those security flaws that allow developers in to make changes. Once the necessary or desired changes are made, the security flaws can be closed.
    I see an unfriendly UI mentioned... Well again, that can and often is changed by developers who are cooking up custom ROMS. Android slows down the hardware??? Not sure about that. BUT, once you have overclocked your phone I dont think that is an issue any more!
    Has anyone ever written a custom ROM for a windows based phone? Is it even possible to make any changes? Do you really want to talk about security flaws and WINDOWS in the same conversation?
    And lastly, back when the Microsoft Store first opened in San Diego they were challenging people to come in and run a test with their Android Phone next to a Windows Phone. I took my rooted and overclocked phone in to the store and it was processing their tasks almost twice as fast as the Windows Phone... They werent happy...
    And with all this said, I still prefer my Nokia 1020. But there are definitely things that I wish a group of developers could change about it...
    07-30-2014 04:59 PM
    If I had to choose an OS based on UI it would be:
    1. WP
    2. BB10
    3. iOS
    4. Android.

In that order. I've been fortunate to have had handsets from each ecosystem so to speak and they all have their advantages and disadvantages. I've liked something about each of them. For me I finally chose WP as its clean, smooth and works with my surface rt2 and xbox one. Before WP you could say I had everything apple. And prior to that I had everything android. My problem is that I like everything to integrate. Hence for me choosing one or the other.

Works out to be a very expensive hobby. I do agree with a lot of the comments on the thread.
    There are a lot of people who do post not having thoroughly tried a product and its associated ecosystem.

Would I shift to apple or blackberry again? Possibly if they offered something that generally interested me. However at this moment in time only WP matches my expectations.

I'm a gadget nut so its hard to hate most tech gadgets.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-30-2014 05:19 PM
    I don't hate them. I don't like iOS' UI, never did. Yet, id own an iPad, just not an iPhone. I own a Nexus 7, so... I don't think Android is bad, kinda boring. Certain "skins" have been unappealing though.
    07-30-2014 05:22 PM
    Yes all of the forums have bias. But this forum has virtually all of the name calling. Lagdroid, crapdroid, iSheep, iCrap, Shamesung, it's all here, and only here. I think that this forum is the most interesting, but I do not like the disrespect. It represents the (lack of) classiness of WP and its users. Let's show ourselves as the respectable smartphone users we are.

Just because we're at 4% market share doesn't mean we have to trash the others. The two platforms we badmouth have 95% of the market. Obviously they're doing something we're not, but should be.
    For someone with lots of posts you obviously pay little attention. Any ios forum including the one here is overrun with android animosity and vice versa. The crackberry forum is also, as a general rule, the most hostile to every other OS. This site is downright tame compared to that crowd. People see want they want to see and evidently you want to see angry hostile WP users. It is, however, the nature of any online forum (tech and non- tech) to attract the rabid and the trolls. This place is no different but on balance is pretty mellow. BTW, all those labels you note were created either by Android or IOS users, or the Crackberry crowd, to insult each other. None originated here. All such slurs and insults should be unacceptable in all forums but attaching the creations of the 90+ percent majority to the "4 percent crowd" is the equivalent of blaming 21st century immigrants from Asia for the Washington Redskins....
    07-30-2014 07:36 PM
    Love em all. Variety is the spice of life. I even rock the old Palm devices on occasion.

Hate? For circuitry? With so much real things to dislike in this world like hunger, abuse and worse?

LOL. Only have so many heartbeats. Can't waste emotion on inanimate objects.
    07-30-2014 08:55 PM
    I have no time or energy to hate anything. Hate is an emotion that saps your soul like no other and I have no use for it. As long as there is a Google or Apple, there will be thousands of people with jobs contributing to their communities. WPCentral is a community of sorts and it is foolhardy to alienate any other group. For the sake of this, and so many previous threads like this one, I can say webOS will always be my favorite. I use iOS daily since it's my company phone but I use Android for my tablet and WP8 for my personal phone. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses and each serves a specific purpose.

Hate, what a useless POS.
    07-30-2014 10:41 PM
    That commercial...still funny and awesome lol
    Yep! I looked at before posting it and it still cracks me up!
    07-30-2014 11:24 PM
    Hate is a strong word. I like using all kinds of different platforms and OSes because I love technology in general and I'm curious about it. I can see and appreciate the strengths of each platform. But of the 4 major platforms (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry), I like Android the least.

Sent from my iPod Touch (3rd gen) using Tapatalk
    07-31-2014 01:15 AM
    Chrysler, GM, Ford all great a few bad runs.
    Age old argument...

I have nothing but respect for the planning-engineering-programming-design-manufacturing-marketing aspects of any effort.
    Not like the 3 OS's with conforming devices are a flash in the pan.
    Where would we all be without the competition?

I would be immensely saddened and insulted if I was in anyway involved in the industry by reading what goes forth in reviews or on-line when it comes to the big three.
    Hats off to all those who have posted that "hate" doesn't come into play here.

I'm embarrassed to state that I have been one in the past that has typed less than favorable comments about the competition.
    This community has shown me it's not a war.
    It's just a love of differing pathways.
    07-31-2014 01:45 AM
    I came from iOS. I don't hate it. I have love and appreciation for it. There may be a day I go back to it but today is not the day. Android... Too many bad experiences. Each android based phone is different from another. Sure the core is the same but each OEM's personal touch just makes it weird from one to the next. Also consistency is something Android does not have. What's the point if the newest phone will be obsolete OS wise in 6-9 months. That's one thing I liked about Apple and iOS. They gave their phones a few years to live, and it seems like the same with WP8. WP8 is simple, yet effective. Not too hard, but simple enough to get a grasp on quick enough. Sure WP8 is playing catch-up on a few fronts but for what it's done so far, it's great, and there is still so much potential for the OS to thrive. Case in point, WP8 and iOS will be in my corner for whatever reason I need. Android. It's washed out in my book.
    Karthik Naik and carlos12001 like this.
    07-31-2014 02:50 AM
114 ... 2345