Do you hate Android/iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giulianoreali

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Reading the threads and comments I've noticed there's a lot of ill feelings towards other OS's, especially Android.

I use Android phones and WP, plus iPads, and I feel that this variety helps me keep an open mind. There's a lot of good stuff on each OS, and a lot each of them can learn from the others, and blindly defending WP or Android or iOS actually hinders their evolution in the long run, IMO. Plus, on a personal level, if you refrain from using a potentially great product out of spite, at the end of the day it's your loss. I don't understand why there is so much negativity in tech forums, or why people feel so attacked when so-and-so company is criticized.

So, I'd like to hear from you guys, do you hate anything which isn't WP? And why?

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I hate android only, maybe because I used it so much in the past, but I don't like the way is looks, functions and I don't trust it. I like ios and wp.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I love iOS On my iPad and windows phone 8 on my Lumia 920. No hate , each OS has it's own advantages and disadvantages. I prefer using iPad more because of notability app I use in my college and WhatsApp , Nokia camera for my college photography work on my lumia 920 windows phone.

Last edited:

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I like them all. I'm currently using WP, RT and iOS (iPad mini retina). I don't have a problem with android, I just don't currently own one.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Androids I don't get on with because of the keyboards (tried three and failed miserably in use), iOS - no back button is my main gripe... I mean it's quicker to hit 'back' (like WP and Android) rather than (in the case of iOS), press the home key, go back into what you were doing and don't go as far into it.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
For me 'hate' is a strong word. The other two platforms don't excite me as much that is all. Out of the two, iOS is the one I have the most contempt for.
Complete dross housed in a lovely design. The power of marketing eh???

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Well my situation is different, I don't hate any OS in particular but the only thing I hate is Google as a company. I love Microsoft because of the ecosystem that we enjoy and dislike a lot Google because Microsoft could be as mean as Google and not release any app at all for Android but Google is so evil that not only they don't release any app for WP but they have the balls to tell Microsoft not to made any app that depend on google services. What a bunch of morons!

YeMan

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Im that guy that puts up the argument that WP is better, and 75% of people with iPhones dont even know if they are good or not, they just get them cuz they are iPhones. So they end up saying apple has better cameras,is faster. Then, I think you know what happens. ;). I like Android, but I hate the look and layout, I would defiantly get a HTC one (M8) or S5 but I just dont like it.... So WP is the answer for me.

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I like them all I have windows phone and have an android tablet they are both good. I don't own any apple products but when I've used them they seem good

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope! No problems across the board! My only problems are with HP for various reasons (Palm fiasco, dubious quality in my eyes) and Google, because I'm a tad suspicious of them. (closed source Android creep, "O"HA policies...)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't, but I have quite little desire to use either. I realize that they have their strenghts too, though, and if friends/family ask me to help them get a device, I won't blindly suggest them Windows-products, despite being all about Windows-ecosystem personally. I just got my dad an iPad Air while I got my mom an Acer Iconia W4. A female friend has been asking about a new phone recently and we basically got to two options, an iPhone 4S or Nexus 5. For my fiancee then again we got a Lumia 1020 just recently. It's about what people need, not what I need/like :D

I was very close to buy a Sony Xperia Z2, the only reason I probably didnt give it a whirl was cos I had already ordered the 930 and it was sitting in a box in front of me. I was gonna return it to give Android a go, but then couldnt help it when the 930 was right there! :D There are a few things I miss from having Android (or even iOS), but at the same time I realize that for everything I'd gain, I would lose something elsewhere. So to me they arn't really inferior products or WP being superior. It's about tradeoffs and well.. the tradeoffs of WP work the best for me.

2tomtom

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Many Apple and Android fans make biased and hateful comments against Windows Phone, that would be the time I correct them or at least attempt to guide them to a less biased view. After all this is a Windows Phone site. Just that really.

Beppe Gissi

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm kinda neutral with iOs, but I think Android it's such an overrated OS.

It's the most unefficent among the mobile systems (it takes a quadcore to do even basic things), it drains more battery and it has the ugliest UI. I can't see how people could buy a 700 ? smartphone with that ugly UI.

I don't hate it, I just think it's overrated and it actually may be the worst OS between WP, iOs and Blackberry 10.

I only hate Samsung lol.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Last edited:

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Androids I don't get on with because of the keyboards (tried three and failed miserably in use), iOS - no back button is my main gripe... I mean it's quicker to hit 'back' (like WP and Android) rather than (in the case of iOS), press the home key, go back into what you were doing and don't go as far into it.

Hit the home key twice. Option to go right back where you were.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Well my situation is different, I don't hate any OS in particular but the only thing I hate is Google as a company. I love Microsoft because of the ecosystem that we enjoy and dislike a lot Google because Microsoft could be as mean as Google and not release any app at all for Android but Google is so evil that not only they don't release any app for WP but they have the balls to tell Microsoft not to made any app that depend on google services. What a bunch of morons!

And there motto is "don't be evil" lol. B@stards.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I agree with others with the dislike of Google as a company. I don't like how they shove their services down your throat and they require Gmail and/or Google+ to access other services instead of just an ID like Microsoft and Apple does, plus their lack of development for the WP platform to gain a competitive advantage. Plus their whole business model is based on ads and they even go as far as scanning your e-mails to target ads at you. I hate ads and hate their business practices.
iOS has the stability and the apps, Android has the flexibility and the apps, WP has the stability, flexibility, and many, but not all, of the apps, plus a better UI than iOS and Android. I don't mind iOS and I use iPads sometimes but it's very overrated. In other words, it's nothing bad but nothing great either. I personally find WP to be a much better product. Android seriously reminds of me older versions of Windows, like 95/98/ME. It hogs system resources and crashes often, and doesn't properly utilize faster processors and more memory. I'm glad WP runs off the NT kernel.

typhon62_1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
What I hate is having a 920 on AT&T with no flagship 5" WP phone I can replace it with in November when my contact runs out. MS is making me look at the other OS's again because of this.

OT I know, but I don't really hate any of the competing OS's in general. I'd pick Android over iOS any day though...

nohra

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say I hate Android or Apple, but I don't trust Google and haven't been wowed by the iPad's i've played with.

The thing I don't like isn't the platforms, but the disregard for WP from businesses. So many times a company comes out with an app for Apple and Android, and have no plans for WP. That's what burns me. At least we're starting to get where they know about WP, rather than assuming that I'm asking about Windows on PCs! Slowly changing, but still I think most people think there are two smartphones: Androids and iPhones.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't hate the OS's them selves but the ignorant elitist users (no matter which OS). (and Im not saying all of them are like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs