Do you hate Android/iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Reading the threads and comments I've noticed there's a lot of ill feelings towards other OS's, especially Android.

I use Android phones and WP, plus iPads, and I feel that this variety helps me keep an open mind. There's a lot of good stuff on each OS, and a lot each of them can learn from the others, and blindly defending WP or Android or iOS actually hinders their evolution in the long run, IMO. Plus, on a personal level, if you refrain from using a potentially great product out of spite, at the end of the day it's your loss. I don't understand why there is so much negativity in tech forums, or why people feel so attacked when so-and-so company is criticized.

So, I'd like to hear from you guys, do you hate anything which isn't WP? And why?

Well if you visit the other forums, crackberry, ac, etc you'll find the same bias towards other platforms. Some call it fanboyism... some say brand loyalty. I tried android for the first time a few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. I've learned 2 things since being a mobile nations member: 1. Never say what I'd never do...and 2. Change is good.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well if you visit the other forums, crackberry, ac, etc you'll find the same bias towards other platforms. Some call it fanboyism... some say brand loyalty. I tried android for the first time a few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. I've learned 2 things since being a mobile nations member: 1. Never say what I'd never do...and 2. Change is good.

Yes all of the forums have bias. But this forum has virtually all of the name calling. Lagdroid, crapdroid, iSheep, iCrap, Shamesung, it's all here, and only here. I think that this forum is the most interesting, but I do not like the disrespect. It represents the (lack of) classiness of WP and its users. Let's show ourselves as the respectable smartphone users we are.

Just because we're at 4% market share doesn't mean we have to trash the others. The two platforms we badmouth have 95% of the market. Obviously they're doing something we're not, but should be.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
All I can is you've never been to the AppleInsider forums. Never see such a lot of brainwashed people with total closed mindedness. There, if anything even remotely doesn't sing 100% praise of Apple then you get nuked or beaten up on.

WPCentral forums are incredibly open minded and a bunch of mostly friendly people.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes all of the forums have bias. But this forum has virtually all of the name calling. Lagdroid, crapdroid, iSheep, iCrap, Shamesung, it's all here, and only here. I think that this forum is the most interesting, but I do not like the disrespect. It represents the (lack of) classiness of WP and its users. Let's show ourselves as the respectable smartphone users we are.

Just because we're at 4% market share doesn't mean we have to trash the others. The two platforms we badmouth have 95% of the market. Obviously they're doing something we're not, but should be.

Meego forums take the cake. Hands down, same arguments about Google is to blame for them not having apps, and how Google is evil because they've been shunned.

Then this forum. Then Crackberry. I rarely visit imore, so I can't speak of the fanboyism. Macrumors is a great all around site.

I don't hate any OS tho. No point.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
People for the most part hate the opposite of what they own no matter what (same as console wars).

Personally I prefer WP due to its ecosystem and services BUT I can think of tons of reasons for others to choose ios or android over WP.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
lol i don't hate any OS but I hate some of the microsoft employees. How can your own apps and services be better in other platforms than your own.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I think each OS has its advantages and disadvantages in comparison to each major OS competitor. I still prefer WP start screen to android or IOS or bb10...thats why I use it.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't hate, but strongly dislike Android. I own 3 different Android devices and haven't used any of them for a few months. They just don't do anything for me. I tried to like them, but just couldn't.

I also have a gold iPhone 5s, I love this lil guy, but that's the problem; it's so tiny, like child toy tiny! But I'm really looking forward to the large iPhones!

My main phone is currently a 1520, and I love this machine like no other! Just wish we could get the apps! Not just the fad ones, but the functional ones as well. The gap is rapidly closing though. That and I wish Microsoft's own services would run better here than on others. Skype being a prime example. Other than that, this is the phone I'll stay with until it's successor is available!

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

I just look at it as immaturity...the name calling and close mindedness that is. Most of these mobile platforms share patents even if they appear
to hate other. If you've ever seen the Lumia wedding fight commercial, you'd be surprised. But its an accurate description of just how "adults" can behave. :) Just for laughs, here it is. http://youtu.be/jRVFB77BXAo

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I just look at it as immaturity...the name calling and close mindedness that is. Most of these mobile platforms share patents even if they appear
to hate other. If you've ever seen the Lumia wedding fight commercial, you'd be surprised. But its an accurate description of just how "adults" can behave. :) Just for laughs, here it is. http://youtu.be/jRVFB77BXAo

That commercial...still funny and awesome lol

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
When I switched to WP, I thought iOS was OK but only about halfway between Android and WP in quality. I hated Android back then because 2.x was, to put it diplomatically, a hideous and laggy pile of garbage. iOS didn't have notifications yet so it couldn't compete with live tiles at all, but it was at least decent looking and fairly fast.

Nowadays, both iOS and Android have updated their design to be much more like WP, and I think they are both pretty quick now so the lag is not there as much. And the carrier versions of the OS are not so terrible anymore. Now I don't hate either, and might even consider using one once they stop using icon grids. However, after getting used to WP, it's annoying to have to choose between the ability to see notifications or launch a program, not to mention being blind to updates without an uncomfortable thumb-stretching gesture. The home screen should have most of your notifications; rounded pictures that never change are daft artifacts of the 90's. So while I don't hate iOS or Android anymore, their icon grids still annoy me.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
"Hate" is a strong word. I own a Sony Xperia Z Ultra. It's a beautiful phone. So, I don't hate or even strongly dislike Android or IOS. As operating systems, they are undeniably good, in my opinion. I just get irritated by the vomit-inducing adoration that Apple gets pretty much every single day by so many people. The comedian, Bill Hicks, would be all over this if he were alive today. That little Apple on a device sure makes some people think very highly of themselves. lol I used to get that vibe by the people that adored hanging out in Starbucks, but that's for a different thread I suppose. :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hate is too strong a word, I could say I dislike them because
1) I just dislike Google
2) I dislike ios as it is just way too confined
3) I disliked blackberry, when I used it, as it was insanely stale plus the comparative apps on the app store was at min ?2.99 where as on ios it was 0.99 pence (pre- BB OS 10 - i think it was running BB O/S 5) the latest blackberry I had for the longest time and even used it for a daily driver for a bit (compared to my Win mo 6.x phones) was the bold 9700 with the indigo theme and I still have the .ipd files lol....

Having used Android, ios, blackberry, they weren't for me.. or rather I'm no longer in to jail breaking, rooting or flashing roms. I just want my phone to work lol. Everyone has their own opinions, likes, dislikes go through phases - this free will is what makes us who we are as it defines our personalities.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't hate any platform. I just prefer Windows Phone.

iOS itself isn't bad. I have more of a dislike for the tiny form factor of current iPhones.

I don't think Android itself is bad. I just dislike Google's lack of privacy. Its actual products are great.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I don't hate Android neither iOS.

I think wp users hate Android & Apple because they are ahead of of WP.
And
That's the reason wp users don't bother with sailfish Jolla and WebOS because they are behind WP.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think wp users hate Android & Apple because they are ahead of of WP.
And
That's the reason wp users don't bother with sailfish Jolla and WebOS because they are behind WP.

Interesting concept. But you may be on to something...

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Reading the threads and comments I've noticed there's a lot of ill feelings towards other OS's, especially Android.

I use Android phones and WP, plus iPads, and I feel that this variety helps me keep an open mind. There's a lot of good stuff on each OS, and a lot each of them can learn from the others, and blindly defending WP or Android or iOS actually hinders their evolution in the long run, IMO. Plus, on a personal level, if you refrain from using a potentially great product out of spite, at the end of the day it's your loss. I don't understand why there is so much negativity in tech forums, or why people feel so attacked when so-and-so company is criticized.

So, I'd like to hear from you guys, do you hate anything which isn't WP? And why?

My opinion on Android is good. My opinion on Google and the way Android (and the rest of the platform) is managed is extremely negative. On the other hand, whoever knows how tentacular Google's hands are becoming can't but be worried. A company that owns a near monopoly on global searches, on mobile OS, is US based, cooperates with NSA and is aiming at becoming a provider of the Department of Defense of the US is nothing short of a worry, globally. Of course if you don't think about all of this, its services are quite useful (as long as you are eager to let them know how many times you use your toilet everyday and which brand of undies and whatever you wear so they can make "customized adds" and profile you in the process).
But in my case this applies to Facebook , Twitter, Microsoft, Skype and the whole circus. Google however is taking it to a complete new level and with unprecedented arrogance.
The whole model is wrong citizen-side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss