Do you hate Android/iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's the reason wp users don't bother with sailfish Jolla and WebOS because they are behind WP.
At least here in the US, Sailfish and Jolla are non-existent. One cannot purchase devices in carrier stores or from carriers' websites, which is how we generally buy smartphones here in the US.

webOS is dead, other than in LG smart TVs. There are no new webOS smartphones being manufactured anymore.

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't know any other OS well enough to hate it. In fact I'm probably going to sell my Lumia 520 and look for a rugged phone, either new or used, feature or smart, with any OS if it's not too old. As long as it works on the AT&T network, isn't too much over $100, and has at least a 4 MP camera.

kevin hill3

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I have a Dell pro 8 Windows tablet and a Nexus 7 Android Tablet A Nokia 920 with 8.1 DP and a HTC One M7, I like the Dell for some things but to be honest I grab the Nexus most of the time, I use the 920 80% of the time and really love it and I love Cortana the HTC is a really nice phone and I do like it but after a day or two I always go back to the 920 for a week or so. I think Google Now is ok but it just kinda leaves you wanting more from it and I do hate G mail. I have had an i phone and it is a fine device worked as advertised but way to restrictive and I am sorry about this and I by no way mean to say Blondes are in anyway dumb, but just for a jokes sake, Siri must be a blonde. I will be sticking with Windows phones

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
At least here in the US, Sailfish and Jolla are non-existent. One cannot purchase devices in carrier stores or from carriers' websites, which is how we generally buy smartphones here in the US.

webOS is dead, other than in LG smart TVs. There are no new webOS smartphones being manufactured anymore.

WP also not doing well in USA.
And
Web OS soon coming to other countries and same Jolla.

Main strength of WebOS is that they are soon releasing $50 phone.

If not smartphone market they might capture basic and feature phone market.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
webOS?

If you mean Firefox OS i think right now is facing serious competition from Android, there is $50 phones like the Samsung Duo and L series from LG... granted those phones maybe are POS, but for now, Firefox OS can't beat the app selection and popularity of Android.

Heck, even WP is trying to capture the low end market with the L530, in a couple of months the prices of that phone will go down as low for $50... just like the L520.

About, Jolla... well we just see how it goes but i have my doubts, just remember that mobile OS needs a powerful backer, like Google with Android, even MS is struggling with WP and powerful Samsung seems to giving up on Tizen.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't hate android or IOS. I hate what google has become.

The fact aside, that I personally wouldn't use the word "hate", as it's too strong a word in my opinion, I agree with you. I remember the days when Google was founded and they quickly dominated the market with their search engine. They were young, cool, not so stubborn and bound to the old days. They were a fresh take on how a company should be and act. Unfortunately things have changed a lot with each day their success grew.

I've never been an Apple fan though. I can't even exactly explain why. I do give them credits for their very first iPhone, as it was a revolution to smartphones. But I dislike the way they claim everything to be their very own innovation, invention and idea, where it's clearly not. The thing I dislike about Apple the most though isn't even their own fault. It's many of their users - at least over here in Germany - who try and make you believe that having an Apple product is sort of a status quo. Like owning a Mercedes Benz or Porsche or something. Tbh, Apple deserves some respect to have built up such a loyal user base.

To me - and again, this is my very own, personal opinion - Microsoft has evolved a lot in the past few years. In a very positive way. They're shifting away from being the slow acting behemoth they used to be. They are more and more turning into a company that is willing to take risks instead of holding onto what has been successful for so many years and refusing to develop it any further. What I really love about the ecosystem is how it's beginning to fit together nicely. Xbox One, Surface Tablets, desktop PCs and Windows Phones make for a great combination already. And the way things are going I expect this to become stronger and stronger in the upcoming years.

Last edited:

Blu3V3nom07

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I try very hard to not "hate" anything in life. It seems like it would be unhealthy. The way I look at it is that I don't want an iPhone at all, and I really don't want and Android phone.

I also recently bought Samsung Tab 4, and I'm quite content with that being my Android experience. Really, it was the only reasonable thing I could get from T-Mobile, so.

Also, I've thought about it some, and probably won't quit it. But since a McLaren type of phone probably won't be coming out this Fall, but rather some 720 successor, I'd much rather wait until the WP9 launch until next year. Hopefully March, or something.. :)

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
i hate android and iphones in a way
i like stock android but its very boring,
iphones are overrated and my friends who tout iphones constantly try to act superior etc and call any non-iphone slow ,ugly etc
my android touting friends act as though ios and wp are limited etc and havent used anything other than android and love piracy,roms,launchers etc
i myself have alot of devices- L720,L820,Moto E,Nexus 7,Nexus 5,Galaxy Note 2,ipads(2,3,4) and a lenovo android tab
while ios is a great os on the ipad and i absolutely love it (and windows and windows phone :D ) ,android is a clutter,messy and though flexible,it lacks a certain premiumness
i dont mean to hurt anyone with my comments :) nor am i generalising about the users of ios and android,but am stating what i observed myself with each os and my friends using them

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the operating systems themselves. As I've said before, the only thing that Apple and Android have going for them is the wealth of apps. I don't necessarily hate the platforms, but I do get frustrated with WP not being recognised as a mature platform. Yes, the app gap is closing and we're getting more and more apps, but it's not going fast enough for me.

For example here in the UK, there's no WP apps for Now TV, Sky go, Wuaki.tv. Furthermore, the lack of decent apps does my head in too, such as pinterest and beamly. Beamly is an app I'd use every single day, but its simply a web wrapper. Cheap and nasty and I don't understand why Microsoft would want apps like these. They're hardly good quality :\

Lately I've been considering buying an ipod touch to use alongside my 630, but considering it costs ?160 and my 630 only cost me ?80, I just can't justify spending that kind of money. It's a disgrace and I refuse to pay ?160 to just get some apps that are not available on WP.

I don't have any issues with Microsoft itself, just the companies that don't recognise WP as a proper platform.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

The HP Pre 3 was one hell of a phone though! :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I like iOS and Android. That said, I just like Windows Phone better ;)

That said, I have gripes with both of the big two. iOS is simply too bright design-wise. Android has pulled together beautiful design, but still cannot pick a don't that doesn't look downright awful from my point of view.

Maitrikkataria

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Reading the threads and comments I've noticed there's a lot of ill feelings towards other OS's, especially Android.

Yes exactly, I am really thankful that you pointed this out. People often spoke ill of other OSes, while they don't think of the good selling points of these OSes.
For example, Apple is design centric, Android is very open for deep access of systems, & WP is beautiful and fast. Each and every conversation starts with either "I hate this" or "I hate that".

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
webOS?

If you mean Firefox OS i think right now is facing serious competition from Android, there is $50 phones like the Samsung Duo and L series from LG... granted those phones maybe are POS, but for now, Firefox OS can't beat the app selection and popularity of Android.

Heck, even WP is trying to capture the low end market with the L530, in a couple of months the prices of that phone will go down as low for $50... just like the L520.

About, Jolla... well we just see how it goes but i have my doubts, just remember that mobile OS needs a powerful backer, like Google with Android, even MS is struggling with WP and powerful Samsung seems to giving up on Tizen.

Ok
I agreed.

But my point is that
Android and iOS are threat to WP.
That is why wp fans hate Android & iOS.

Other than this ...... no reason to hate them.

Some fans bring excuse like Google is not going anything for WP that is why they hate but actually this is not the reason.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
All I can is you've never been to the AppleInsider forums. Never see such a lot of brainwashed people with total closed mindedness. There, if anything even remotely doesn't sing 100% praise of Apple then you get nuked or beaten up on.

WPCentral forums are incredibly open minded and a bunch of mostly friendly people.

Yeah right, are you blind?

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
i hate android and iphones in a way
i like stock android but its very boring,
iphones are overrated and my friends who tout iphones constantly try to act superior etc and call any non-iphone slow ,ugly etc
my android touting friends act as though ios and wp are limited etc and havent used anything other than android and love piracy,roms,launchers etc
i myself have alot of devices- L720,L820,Moto E,Nexus 7,Nexus 5,Galaxy Note 2,ipads(2,3,4) and a lenovo android tab
while ios is a great os on the ipad and i absolutely love it (and windows and windows phone :D ) ,android is a clutter,messy and though flexible,it lacks a certain premiumness
i dont mean to hurt anyone with my comments :) nor am i generalising about the users of ios and android,but am stating what i observed myself with each os and my friends using them

They don't sound like very good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
As a Technologist/Computer Scientist Geek who makes his living with..... Technology, yeah not really into the hate thing.

How about some perspectives, instead?

I tend not to do iOS/Apple stuff... it's a personal choice like I choose not to eat liver :smile: - don't like the taste. Apple, yeah not a big fan of closed universes where I'm told to believe and do... well, what others believe and do. Now be very careful here, this is Not a slam against Apple.
For lots of people, that stuff works. I have no hate there for that... that leads to the "Dark Side" of being a ******. There's a lot to like about things Apple (my 1st computer was an Apple... back in the ancient days before the creation of the Internet).

Android.... it's not liver... it can be a difficult path that is not for everyone. This is part and parcel because of it's openness and where it's roots come from and where folks took the OS. I've done Technology across more kinds of OS's and Systems than most would have ever even known existed. :amaze: And part of that long journey over the pass 30 years? (Gee 30! Longer I suspect than most of you have been alive) included trips through Unix/C++/Linux/Java... ah Yes, the roots where Android comes from.
That probably does not mean much to a lot of folks... it's deep geeky stuff where the Tech magic comes from :excited: The bottom line, here, a lot of the gee... "that's complicated" "not very friendly" "Why are there So many ways to do something" feeling you get with Android comes directly from it's "Unix/C++/Linux/Java" heart. This is how that path has always been.
It has improved vastly since the days of Terminal/Command line where you had to "ls -l | grep device*printer >$system" - Again not a slam against Android. It has lots of ability... and lots of ways to get lost trying to find what works for you. It's an Adventure! My day to day main mobile tech is Android.... it works just fine for me (but I am a Scientist/Engineer).

And even though this is not in the topic title...

Then we have Microsoft, ya no hate there either. Yes, I have a long long history with things Microsoft. This stretches back to some of it's other mobile platforms. Anyone remember Windows CE? Anyone? Or how about those things called PDA's (Personal Digit Assistants)? Yeah, "OLD FOLKS" tech before the days of i(whatever), things connected to Cellar systems, and Googling the cyber universe.
Yeap, A "Microsoft Tech Heavy".... oh my, I'm I one of those? :eek:rly: Windows Phone (the next generation) is in it's evolving period... what's not to like about that? In many ways, it's a bigger adventure... at least to me (remember? Microsoft Tech Heavy?), because I know this stuff from the inside track.
Even in the days of the Big Systems work I did and still do... The PC and that Toy Operating System (as my peers called it)... Ya, I was that Geek in the building. Windows Phone... yes, got one of those too. It's like having "Mobile Desert"... a device where I can explore and expand my engineering with this new "Toy".

There is one thing I "Hated" that involved something mobile.... last summer when I dropped my Note II in the Atlantic... while of course the water protection case was sitting next to the beer cooler... and they call these things "Smart Phones"? No matter how "Smart" the engineering... can't fix the dumb human :amaze: (yes, I'm having that put on my tombstone!)

~ScottGeek.

ps... before someone trolls at me about iOS also being from the Unix/Linux cut just like Android... yes, that I know. The primary difference when comparing what Apple does versus Google comes down to how and what is controlled with these "forks" of Linux. One is more controlled and closed (Apple) than the other (Google). There are good and bad things with both approaches. Choice is a good thing... especially if you are in a hating mood about something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion