Do you hate Android/iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustafa Sarikaya

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've always been an Apple boy since the first iPhone came out. Not because I follow the crowd, but the variety of apps and iMessage makes me just stick with the phone than any other. I've had a L920 when it just came out - and the switch from ios to WP was very hard for me. It's a beautiful OS but no action center, not all the apps I use the most on iPhone and so on. I looked for an excuse to get rid of my L920 after two weeks. I was hoping for Nokia to make it a better OS in the future, which they (Microsoft) did and I've been dying to get my hands on a L930 or 1520.

coldmail-inlook

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Once the necessary or desired changes are made, the security flaws can be closed.
I have never doubted the fact they can be closed. However, there is still a world of difference between 'they can be closed' and 'they have been closed'. And, as others have stated, Google has not been proving to be very respectful of people's privacy.
I see an unfriendly UI mentioned... Well again, that can and often is changed by developers who are cooking up custom ROMS.
Sounds like a bunch of guinea pigs in a test lab. Perhaps I am just overreacting, but... then again, Android does appear to be having the reputation of sometimes rebooting itself suddenly without any reason.
Android slows down the hardware??? Not sure about that. BUT, once you have overclocked your phone I dont think that is an issue any more!
A slow OS tends to drain the battery more than a fast one does. Overclocking will make this even worse, so there is no free lunch.
Has anyone ever written a custom ROM for a windows based phone? Is it even possible to make any changes? Do you really want to talk about security flaws and WINDOWS in the same conversation?
I think you are more or less grasping at straws here TBH. Nothing IMO is terribly wrong with the ROM of my Nokia Lumia 625. If it ain't broken, don't fix it! I know for a fact my Windows 8.1 on my laptop is more secure right now than Android is on most of anything, and, as a matter of true fact, Windows Phone 8.1 is so secure that, every once in a while, it actually even prevents me from accessing my own files! :shocked:
And lastly, back when the Microsoft Store first opened in San Diego they were challenging people to come in and run a test with their Android Phone next to a Windows Phone. I took my rooted and overclocked phone in to the store and it was processing their tasks almost twice as fast as the Windows Phone... They werent happy...
Fair enough, but I never planned on using my phone to perform any tasks that may become noticeably faster by choosing a faster processor and or bigger RAM. Like I said, the battery life and the combined cost of both the phone itself and the mobile contract are more important to me, as is screen size and using the cam to create Full HD movies. Many Android phones that are in the same price range as my 625 come with less features and or worse other specs in exchange for a better processor and more RAM because, else, in this particular price range, the OS would just slow them down too much to still remain practical enough. Like I also said, I live in Europe, where Nexus phones typically do not come as cheap as they do in the U.S., so...
And with all this said, I still prefer my Nokia 1020. But there are definitely things that I wish a group of developers could change about it...
I feel the same way about my 625. For one, support for USB OTG is still missing in Windows Phone, even after all those years, even though the Snapdragon S4 does support it. Not being able to stream 24-bit 192 kHz FLAC files over Wi-Fi to my phone is my second biggest gripe. So I guess it's fair to conclude that, in its current state, I do hate Windows Phone quite a bit also. Hopefully they will fix it very soon!

phlamethrowre

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't know any other OS well enough to hate it. In fact I'm probably going to sell my Lumia 520 and look for a rugged phone, either new or used, feature or smart, with any OS if it's not too old. As long as it works on the AT&T network, isn't too much over $100, and has at least a 4 MP camera.

Samsung Rugby Pro

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't hate either... Ios doesn't work for me and I've had a HORRIBLE experience with Android (keep having since I have to help my friends with their sucky Android-phones almost every week).

WP is just the system you can have as an assistant instead of a hindrance.

xankazo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPad and there's also an Android tablet in the house, so I'm familiar with both. I can tell you that the most convenient platform is Windows/Windows Phone. iOS is so freaking limited sometimes is not fun. No SD card, no easy transfer of files to other devices, No easy saving files to the device, no file explorer of any kind, bound and cursed to use iTunes on the PC, many limitations in the way you pay for apps, and many other limitations. Android doesn't have many of those limitations but is just so uncomfortable to use (at least for me) and I despise Google so much. I love Windows / Windows Phone as it hits a nice sweet spot.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I too have an iPad and an android tablet. The android tablet is more for work related testing than anything. The iPad is more of a portable TV and media center now that a game console or work device. I have my MacBook and Win7 tower for work and my XBOX for gaming. But I do like the better integration that iOS and Windows 8 in any variation have over Android. Now all WP has to do is be a bit more universal as far as MHL/HDMI, car audio and wireless printing and things should start to be smooth sailing from here on out. I see Cortana Eyes Free coming to a GM vehicle in the near future.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have never doubted the fact they can be closed. However, there is still a world of difference between 'they can be closed' and 'they have been closed'. And, as others have stated, Google has not been proving to be very respectful of people's privacy.

Sounds like a bunch of guinea pigs in a test lab. Perhaps I am just overreacting, but... then again, Android does appear to be having the reputation of sometimes rebooting itself suddenly without any reason.

A slow OS tends to drain the battery more than a fast one does. Overclocking will make this even worse, so there is no free lunch.

I think you are more or less grasping at straws here TBH. Nothing IMO is terribly wrong with the ROM of my Nokia Lumia 625. If it ain't broken, don't fix it! I know for a fact my Windows 8.1 on my laptop is more secure right now than Android is on most of anything, and, as a matter of true fact, Windows Phone 8.1 is so secure that, every once in a while, it actually even prevents me from accessing my own files! :shocked:

Fair enough, but I never planned on using my phone to perform any tasks that may become noticeably faster by choosing a faster processor and or bigger RAM. Like I said, the battery life and the combined cost of both the phone itself and the mobile contract are more important to me, as is screen size and using the cam to create Full HD movies. Many Android phones that are in the same price range as my 625 come with less features and or worse other specs in exchange for a better processor and more RAM because, else, in this particular price range, the OS would just slow them down too much to still remain practical enough. Like I also said, I live in Europe, where Nexus phones typically do not come as cheap as they do in the U.S., so...

I feel the same way about my 625. For one, support for USB OTG is still missing in Windows Phone, even after all those years, even though the Snapdragon S4 does support it. Not being able to stream 24-bit 192 kHz FLAC files over Wi-Fi to my phone is my second biggest gripe. So I guess it's fair to conclude that, in its current state, I do hate Windows Phone quite a bit also. Hopefully they will fix it very soon!

Thank you for typing all of that so didn't have to. His post was probably the most ridiculous post I've seen here so far.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for typing all of that so didn't have to. His post was probably the most ridiculous post I've seen here so far.

You mean the most ridiculous this week. You know someone's gonna top it. We need to have a Rotten Tomatoes (Tomatos?) type rating system for some of the less thoughtful posts.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I read some of the really rabid OS hate posts, I instantly think of Hodor from Game of Thrones

I don't know what Game of Thrones is but Fred G. Sanford comes to my mind. "Life is hard son, it's even harder when you're stupid."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos