12-29-2014 09:41 AM
231 12345 ...
tools
    App developer's fault not the phone or android, take it up with them. Camera has also unseated lumia as the best smartphone camera for 2014 on dpreview.com
    The Z2 blows the doors off of anything Nokia's produced to date
    Well.. Someone doesn't realize that the article was in April. The lumia 930 wasn't even released yet. Obviously it's gonna win best smartphone camera Of 2014 around that time. Nokia didn't even make any new flagships.
    08-10-2014 05:08 AM
    Customization is a benefit to some people, but I hardly think that's why it's so popular. It came as an alternative to the iPhone, and took off like a forest fire. And like a forest fire, it created its own momentum which is very difficult for outside forces to stop.
    People love android because you can get almost every worthwhile, paid app for free and side load it.
    S Vaibhav likes this.
    08-10-2014 05:34 AM
    People love android because you can get almost every worthwhile, paid app for free and side load it.
    +620 The app revenue of play store is much lower as compared to WP and IOS.
    taymur likes this.
    08-10-2014 05:51 AM
    You can disable them all. Amounts to the same thing.
    And they still take up the same amounts of space.
    08-10-2014 05:57 AM
    +620 The app revenue of play store is much lower as compared to WP and IOS.
    This for ever. People are cheap hahahahah
    08-10-2014 06:36 AM
    For me smoothness and stability of os is most important, that's why I won't come back to android. I gave this system a try and changed my Lumia 920 to galaxy s 3 ( flagship Phone then ) and start to regret It after one week when I was settled with my apps and system start to be laggy. Went back to Lumia.
    08-10-2014 06:52 AM
    What are the best OEMs for Android, WanderingTraveler?
    08-10-2014 07:34 AM
    What are the best OEMs for Android, WanderingTraveler?
    The ones that produces device with the pure android version. :P
    08-10-2014 07:50 AM
    Ny brother uses Nexus 5..
    I've heard him complain about awful battery life, poor wifi connectivity and other issues, so much for a flagship stock android phone.
    Not saying windows doesn't give problem but many times they are addressed soon, while he has to wait for Android L for issue to be resolved. Something people have been hearing since Android 1 just next update will resolve this or that. It took them don't know several years to finally fix the lag and well it came with a price..Not saying windows is perfect but well if only people saw that Android isn't either. :)
    S Vaibhav and carlos12001 like this.
    08-10-2014 08:11 AM
    Ny brother uses Nexus 5..
    I've heard him complain about awful battery life, poor wifi connectivity and other issues, so much for a flagship stock android phone.
    Not saying windows doesn't give problem but many times they are addressed soon, while he has to wait for Android L for issue to be resolved. Something people have been hearing since Android 1 just next update will resolve this or that. It took them don't know several years to finally fix the lag and well it came with a price..Not saying windows is perfect but well if only people saw that Android isn't either. :)
    Even WP8.1 suffers from some lag sometimes and all phones have wi fi or some other bugs and issues it's not just Android. And WP isn't that much better in terms of battery life to Android either.
    D M C and prasath1234 like this.
    08-10-2014 08:13 AM
    I completely agree with you... only you seem to be forgetting one thing. The Galaxy S4 was until just a few months ago Samsung's flagship device... Besides, I'm not complaining about speed or stability of the apps, I'm simply complaining about the OS itself.

There is an Arabic saying that goes like this, I have no idea if this will make sense to you guys :P,

"if you buy cheap meat, you will regret the taste of the stew".

So next time you buy the cheapest around, don't go and say that it was bad, because it was kinda expected.
    08-10-2014 08:25 AM
    After staying trustful to WP for years, but getting really annoyed by some of the flaws (see my thread about data roaming suddenly not working in 1 specific country, or the FB app that's so miserably slow), I decided to give a try to Android (I owned iPhone's before and they're just too expensive).

I found a cheap Galaxy S4 and I am shocked by how user-unfriendly Android is! All this bloatware installed, you don't even find the useful apps among them. You need to install a 3rd party plug-in to be able to download images from the Gmail app, seriously Google?!!

So let's face it, it's such bad experience in Android, that I am willing to continue supporting the WP platform but please MS please oh please sort out all the remaining flaws in your system and do it fast!
    Oh! Good lord!
    Another Android hatred thread.

You know our WP isn't any good
    where three basic function of smartphone are terrible
    Music(Xbox Music)
    Games(Xbox Games)
    and videos.
    08-10-2014 08:27 AM
    Android users, doesn't android intrusive apps bother you at all?
    08-10-2014 08:34 AM
    D M C, How has your experience with android been?
    08-10-2014 08:41 AM
    3 members of my family own Android, and all they have had is poor battery life(even on a 2000mAh battery, and my 620 lasts longer), no updates at all(all the phones,2 Samsungs and a micromax flagship, have only 4.0/4.1 , no kitkat, horrible lag. No such issues on my 620. My dad is going to get a Lumia 1520 to replace his Samsung galaxy S Duos. He likes using my phone and is amazed at MS Office,Office remote, and the general speed of the phone.
    08-10-2014 08:45 AM
    D M C, How has your experience with android been?
    Never owned Android phone.

Before WP I was using Symbian(Nokia 5800 Xpress Music)
    08-10-2014 09:07 AM
    Name me a time where using Google
    Services has resulted in you getting junk mail specifically addressed to your home address, or received a telemarketing phone call to your personal number.
    Do you use a web browser with cookies enabled? Congrats you're being datamined anyway, Adblock or not. No? Then congrats you're 0.1% of the population.

Using metadata to serve ads isn't going to change your life. You're still going to wake up every day, go about your daily life without evil free market society companies intruding on your home. There's not going to be men in black showing up at your door at 3am with an evil plot to stick sales flyers for Walmart in your door because you searched up Walmart on the internet.

You know something? I'd rather have some targeted advertising based on what I like. They're a lot note useful than random spam trying to sell me pantyhose as a man. I would love it if when I watched TV the only commercials I ever saw were for tech gadgets, power tools, travel deals and outdoor stores rather than commercials for Kotex and Cindy Crawford's newest anti aging skin lotion.
    0.1%? I'd really like to know where you get these numbes from. The majority of smartphone, tablet and PC users isn't really tech savvy. Many of them don't even know what an ad blocker is nor do they really care about ads much.
    I already said, that most companies do data mining. It's not about collecting data itself, but what actually happens with said data. Do some research and you'll find many cases, where Google sort of violated privacy. You've barely ever heard similar from other companies. They use your data for way more than just providing ads based on your interest. And yes, I've had many spam mails already that where based on data provided by Google back in the days when I used their services. Since I completely ditched Google in favor of other service providers, these are gone.
    It's up to everyone themselves whether they trust a company or not. I'm just pointing some things out here. Nothing more, nothing less.
    k72 and Akhilesh Bhambhani like this.
    08-10-2014 09:23 AM
    Never owned Android phone.

Before WP I was using Symbian(Nokia 5800 Xpress Music)
    Oh, So why does WPC disdain for Android bother you so much?
    08-10-2014 09:46 AM

I found a cheap Galaxy S4 and I am shocked by how user-unfriendly Android is! All this bloatware installed, you don't even find the useful apps among them. You need to install a 3rd party plug-in to be able to download images from the Gmail app, seriously Google?!!

Well...it sort of is your fault that you picked exactly the WORST sort of Android to try. Samsung fills their phones with junk (probably to match their build quality...=P).
    If you want to try REAL Android, you should have picked up either a Nexus 5 or a Moto X. And if you want to see Android skinning done right, pick up a Sony Xperia Z2.
    But under absolutely no circumstances should you judge Android by any sort of Samsung device.
    08-10-2014 09:53 AM
    Name me a time where using Google
    Services has resulted in you getting junk mail specifically addressed to your home address, or received a telemarketing phone call to your personal number.
    Do you use a web browser with cookies enabled? Congrats you're being datamined anyway, Adblock or not. No? Then congrats you're 0.1% of the population.

Using metadata to serve ads isn't going to change your life. You're still going to wake up every day, go about your daily life without evil free market society companies intruding on your home. There's not going to be men in black showing up at your door at 3am with an evil plot to stick sales flyers for Walmart in your door because you searched up Walmart on the internet.

You know something? I'd rather have some targeted advertising based on what I like. They're a lot note useful than random spam trying to sell me pantyhose as a man. I would love it if when I watched TV the only commercials I ever saw were for tech gadgets, power tools, travel deals and outdoor stores rather than commercials for Kotex and Cindy Crawford's newest anti aging skin lotion.
    Keep in mind Google just turned a man over to the police for what was in his Gmail. When people were worried about privacy, the response was that it was okay, this guy was specifically red-flagged for his criminal history. Why does Google know anybody's criminal history? People seemed to be contented when reminded a bad criminal was off the street, while missing the fact that Google is watching all that you do. I know that's possible with any provider, but the last story I read about Microsoft and email was them trying to protect the privacy of foreign users. I think that's the company I'd rather use.
    carlos12001 likes this.
    08-10-2014 09:53 AM
    Keep in mind Google just turned a man over to the police for what was in his Gmail. When people were worried about privacy, the response was that it was okay, this guy was specifically red-flagged for his criminal history. Why does Google know anybody's criminal history? People seemed to be contented when reminded a bad criminal was off the street, while missing the fact that Google is watching all that you do. I know that's possible with any provider, but the last story I read about Microsoft and email was them trying to protect the privacy of foreign users. I think that's the company I'd rather use.
    Your beloved Microsoft isn't any different. http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...ivacy-concerns
    Davehow likes this.
    08-10-2014 10:01 AM
    Oh, So why does WPC disdain for Android bother you so much?
    because
    I don't like those fans who try to show their favorite OS superiority by talking low for other(competing) OS.
    08-10-2014 10:01 AM
    because
    I don't like those fans who try to show their favorite OS superiority by talking low for other(competing) OS.
    So, you can't stand fanboys and fangirls, correct?
    08-10-2014 10:14 AM
    The Samsung apps are a love hate thing, but one of the good things on Android (not sure if WP can do this) is you can disable apps you don't want so you never see them

When I had my Samsung I enjoyed the Samsung version of the apps, but after a year I fancied a changed, disabled the Samsung versions and installed the Google apps, this made the app experience the same as my Nexus 7
    Similar thing on the Nexus 7, Google added apps I would never use, disabled these and never see them again

Being able to uninstall them might have been preferable, but with disabling them you can get them back very easily if you ever want to in the future
    There ain't no bloatware on WP I mean most everything you can unistall if you dont like it when I first got my Nokia 630 I uninstalled alot of the software that came with it there our apps you can't unistall but them are ms services so if that's what you call bloatware then WP has a few buy not nearly as much as android
    08-10-2014 10:16 AM
    Huawei's Emotion UI is fairly simple. They ditched the app menu, so all your apps are on the home screen. It's kinda like iOS to be honest.
    08-10-2014 10:20 AM
231 12345 ...