12-29-2014 08:41 AM
231 ... 45678 ...
tools
    why would you upload to facebook via the app when uploading via the camera of the photos application is extremely fast? WP works completely different from other OS's guys.
    I don't understand your statement. When I take a photo and share it from the gallery, it opens the FB Beta app...
    08-11-2014 08:26 AM
    A black one. Yes I know, boring, but at least, it's not a Samsung S4 Anyway, I'm happy, 'cause although it's exciting to have a yellow one, it does not look that serious when you're using it and wearing a suit and a tie at a business meeting haha!
    Nice, matches the hump on the back tho! :) Does it come with a lanyard cable included?
    08-11-2014 08:26 AM
    From your own article-
    "Microsoft's Windows platforms sport the highest revenue per download of all the mobile platforms.Android has a much bigger cache of free apps, which deeply cuts into Google's average revenue per download."
    Just a word of advice, Don't trust that site,as motley fool have been generally biased with their preference going for iOS in each of their articles.
    Our debate was over total app store revenue. Don't move the goal posts.
    08-11-2014 08:28 AM
    I don't understand your statement. When I take a photo and share it from the gallery, it opens the FB Beta app...
    Use the unishare app, it sends to all the social networks at once.
    08-11-2014 08:28 AM
    @kins69 you may want to check out this useful app- it locks the screen without the need for you to press the hardware lock 🔒 button-

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...b-b90183083d5e

I use it frequently on my 620, and it's become a matter of convenience to me.
    08-11-2014 08:31 AM
    Our debate was over total app store revenue. Don't move the goal posts.
    It was I who set the goal posts,not you. And they have never moved. I said that the app revenue of play store is less than WP and IOS. I did not specify whether it was total app revenue or app revenue per developer. Both of us are right in our own opinion. Them again, statistics is always taken to your own convenience.
    08-11-2014 08:42 AM
    I opened up my unused Gmail account which I had used only on my previous Android device 9 months ago, and emptied before ditching it. I had given the address to nobody, yet, after 2 years, 550 junk/spam emails while there are none on my Microsoft account, which I use daily.
    Interesting. I get a lot of spam in my unused Hotmail. Same for unused Yahoo and Gmail.

You're saying you never get spam in your Microsoft email? MSN? I'd like to know your secret.
    08-11-2014 09:17 AM
    After staying trustful to WP for years, but getting really annoyed by some of the flaws (see my thread about data roaming suddenly not working in 1 specific country, or the FB app that's so miserably slow), I decided to give a try to Android (I owned iPhone's before and they're just too expensive).

I found a cheap Galaxy S4 and I am shocked by how user-unfriendly Android is! All this bloatware installed, you don't even find the useful apps among them. You need to install a 3rd party plug-in to be able to download images from the Gmail app, seriously Google?!!

So let's face it, it's such bad experience in Android, that I am willing to continue supporting the WP platform but please MS please oh please sort out all the remaining flaws in your system and do it fast!
    bloat ware is bad, cyanogenmod it and be done.

is a great piece of hardware once the bloat is erased.
    08-11-2014 09:37 AM
    Interesting. I get a lot of spam in my unused Hotmail. Same for unused Yahoo and Gmail.

You're saying you never get spam in your Microsoft email? MSN? I'd like to know your secret.
    I never said that.I checked them both simultaneously, and at that time there was no spam in my hotmail account. Either way,550 junk mails is a lot,I.e I get approx. 2 spam mails per day for 9 months. Hotmail also gets spam, but lesser than Gmail. I get like, one junk mail 📧 in 2 months? It's never been more than that.
    08-11-2014 10:47 AM
    From your own article-
    "Microsoft's Windows platforms sport the highest revenue per download of all the mobile platforms.Android has a much bigger cache of free apps, which deeply cuts into Google's average revenue per download."
    Just a word of advice, Don't trust that site,as motley fool have been generally biased with their preference going for iOS in each of their articles.
    You know, just about every tech site I check out, there is a commentor(s) that says- "this site is apple biased" or "Apple pays these reviewers". Pretty funny IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    08-11-2014 10:53 AM
    You know, just about every tech site I check out, there is a commentor(s) that says- "this site is apple biased" or "Apple pays these reviewers". Pretty funny IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
    You know, just about every tech site except WPC and Engadget think it's cool to praise everything Apple does and treat Microsoft as evil. Pretty funny IMO.
    08-11-2014 11:22 AM
    You know,just about every tech site I read has mentioned Gmail having excellent anti spam. But it's not you...
    Pretty funny IMO.
    You know, just about every tech site I read, including the site you are on now, has mentioned that outlook has excellent anti spam. But its not you too....
    Pretty funny IMO.
    k72 likes this.
    08-11-2014 02:00 PM
    Oh how lovely... somehow within the 24hrs that my corporate email account was synced with the bloody S4............ more than half of my contacts just vanished!!!! Android, never, ever again. Yeah it might be me who did something stupid but how could it happen that I deleted contacts without realising it? A such a whole bunch, like 400 of them? Would never have happened on iOS, BB or WP....
    08-11-2014 02:22 PM
    Oh how lovely... somehow within the 24hrs that my corporate email account was synced with the bloody S4............ more than half of my contacts just vanished!!!! Android, never, ever again. Yeah it might be me who did something stupid but how could it happen that I deleted contacts without realising it? A such a whole bunch, like 400 of them? Would never have happened on iOS, BB or WP....
    uhhhh, I don't think so.
    I have nearly 2100 contacts, and have not had issue with any platform trashing them in 6 years, mobile, cloud, or on computers, some of which were destroyed by faulty battery/power supplies.

if your contacts are gone, you deleted them.
    08-11-2014 03:28 PM
    To recover the contacts, go to contacts.google.com... Log in... There you can see all your contacts... Now export them wherever you want...
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    08-11-2014 03:58 PM
    uhhhh, I don't think so.
    I have nearly 2100 contacts, and have not had issue with any platform trashing them in 6 years, mobile, cloud, or on computers, some of which were destroyed by faulty battery/power supplies.

This happened to me too suddenly one fine morning... I had synced my google contacts to Lumia 625, and suddenly one morning none of the contacts are here, nor would my Google account sync... syncing Google Accounts on other platforms is irritating as errors in syncing and connecting to sync servers is high (as noticed by me)... So currently all contacts go to Live id and not Google Contacts... Cant bear those sync errors so often...
    08-11-2014 04:02 PM
    To recover the contacts, go to contacts.google.com... Log in... There you can see all your contacts... Now export them wherever you want...
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    this +1

about once a year I'll export my contacts, and email them to family members, with a request for the same from them. duplicates are eliminated in about three clicks, or merged with existing contacts, and everyone is updated on five minutes (dial up) or the time it takes to sip coffee.

if it's a platform problem (wp/blackberry/whatever) I understand that, but there hadn't been a hiccup that I can remember on going this on Linux (gentoo, Debian, SuSe, mint, etc), any version of Thunderbird on any version of windows from 98 (when it wasn't rebooting) all the way to server 200whateveritisnow, Mac os9-current, or Unix.

I'd first check your phone, and your settings. gmail (and contacts servers) are likely azure anyway, and we can't be blaming contact sync oopsies on Microsoft products ;-)

edited....
    gmail runs on (according to Wikipedia) Linux, so have at it ;-)
    08-11-2014 05:38 PM
    I took the cheapest one that was available around here, just to try... Wasn't going to take a S5 or One M8 so I took last year's model...

The Xperia Z2 looks amazing, seems to work better indeed, but is way too big. They should make a "mini" version of it.

Anyway, will try to return the S4 and get a L930 instead.
    Buy Sony Experia Z1 mini. Great small phone.
    08-11-2014 06:07 PM
    Buy Sony Experia Z1 mini. Great small phone.
    Wait a month and get the Z3 Compact instead. (Though the Z1 Compact is an awesome phone and it has the exact same specs as the 930).
    Velikib likes this.
    08-11-2014 06:21 PM
    Wait a month and get the Z3 Compact instead. (Though the Z1 Compact is an awesome phone and it has the exact same specs as the 930).
    Awesome profile pic :)
    DJCBS likes this.
    08-11-2014 11:13 PM
    this +1

gmail runs on (according to Wikipedia) Linux, so have at it ;-)
    Hotmail/Outlook used to run on Solaris in the early days. They changed it to MS stuff and things got worse lol
    08-12-2014 03:23 AM
    That's not impossible, but believe me, I certainly did not do it on purpose! For me it says enough about the platform if it lets you delete such a large amount of contacts without prior warning....
    08-12-2014 07:50 AM
    Either way, as long as he's been syncing to Google, I'm 99.9% sure those missing contacts are recoverable. I'm just too lazy to look up the method.
    First thing I did was looking in my Gmail account. They're definitely not there. They were deleted from my corporate exchange account, never to be found again. Waiting for a system admin to find out if they can be recovered from a server backup.
    08-12-2014 07:52 AM
    I had a couple of flagship Xperia's and they both lagged like crazy after only a couple of months. And they take ages to update to new versions. Seriously outside of Nexus, Android OEM updates are ridiculously slow compared even to official (non Dev preview) Windows Phone updates.

if you want to go with Android, the only way to go is a Nexus in my opinion.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    08-12-2014 11:05 AM
    I had a couple of flagship Xperia's and they both lagged like crazy after only a couple of months. And they take ages to update to new versions. Seriously outside of Nexus, Android OEM updates are ridiculously slow compared even to official (non Dev preview) Windows Phone updates.

if you want to go with Android, the only way to go is a Nexus in my opinion.
    Unless you root and flash a different ROM on - the S4 isn't too bad ruining Cyanogenmod
    three_thoughts likes this.
    08-12-2014 02:16 PM
231 ... 45678 ...