12-29-2014 09:41 AM
231 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Unless you root and flash a different ROM on - the S4 isn't too bad ruining Cyanogenmod
    Fair enough. I flashed some different roms on my second xperia but its too much of a hassle to go through just to get a smooth experience. Even for someone like me with a relatively big interest in smartphones. I have old pc's and old phones to mess around with when I'm bored, but for daily use, I just want something that works out of the box. And of course the average consumer probably doesn't know that the S4 runs android let alone heard of cyanogenmod.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    08-12-2014 04:53 PM
    As someone who switches between a GS3 and my 521...i can say Samsung does make a good phone. Sure, the bloatware sucks...but with a little rooting and removal its a fine phone. I ended up going back to my 521, after I fixed its random rebooting. Sure, android might have a lot of apps, but I really like how most stuff just works on the windows platform. Simple UI, awesome camera, the apps I want.

My GS3 is basically a mini gaming device, since some titles aren't available for WP. Mostly, the final fantasy franchise...
    Nitesh Tilwani likes this.
    08-12-2014 09:36 PM
    I went from my nokia 521 to an lg g3. After i rooted my g3, removed the bloatware ive got a phone that not even the 1520 can touch. The only thing i miss are the live tiles. Widgets suck. Almost all the apps and games i had on my nokia i found in the google store. Was i happy with windows phone 8? Yes. Am i happier with android. Yes. My geek side is now happy.
    08-13-2014 11:03 PM
    I went from my nokia 521 to an lg g3. After i rooted my g3, removed the bloatware ive got a phone that not even the 1520 can touch. The only thing i miss are the live tiles. Widgets suck. Almost all the apps and games i had on my nokia i found in the google store. Was i happy with windows phone 8? Yes. Am i happier with android. Yes. My geek side is now happy.
    You are comparing a flagship to a low end budget phone.... Obviously that is not a fair comparison.
    08-15-2014 02:51 AM
    You are comparing a flagship to a low end budget phone.... Obviously that is not a fair comparison.
    1520 is a flagship and i was comparing the lg3 to that not the 521.
    08-15-2014 12:12 PM
    1520 is a flagship and i was comparing the lg3 to that not the 521.
    Have you used/bought the 1520?
    08-16-2014 08:33 AM
    Have you used/bought the 1520?
    Yes i have used it.
    08-16-2014 12:12 PM
    08-16-2014 12:14 PM
    Customization is a benefit to some people, but I hardly think that's why it's so popular. It came as an alternative to the iPhone, and took off like a forest fire. And like a forest fire, it created its own momentum which is very difficult for outside forces to stop.
    Android is popular because it is damn cheap with lot of features.these things entice normal public along with appşss. So when a person buy low android with 512 mb he immediately buys 1 gb ram device within 6 months.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-16-2014 12:30 PM
    Tell me Android's users are you able to send a file by a wetransfer page on your browser ? You can't ? I can, was able also to book plane tickets last time when my friends with android and ios device's failed and finally asked me to do this on my Lumia....
    08-16-2014 08:22 PM
    I'll be entering the treacherous waters of Android tomorrow when my One Plus One arrives. Don't worry though, my Nokia Lumia 925 will live on as my mothers device. Wish me luck 🍀.
    08-16-2014 08:42 PM
    I'll be entering the treacherous waters of Android tomorrow when my One Plus One arrives.
    What did you have to do to get one?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    08-16-2014 08:47 PM
    What did you have to do to get one?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk
    Just created a One Plus One account and eventually got an email through with an invite.

You can also ask someone who has bought the phone to send you an invite via the forums.
    08-16-2014 08:51 PM
    Tell me Android's users are you able to send a file by a wetransfer page on your browser ? You can't ? I can, was able also to book plane tickets last time when my friends with android and ios device's failed and finally asked me to do this on my Lumia....
    I always use Dropbox or Gdrive for sharing bigger files. I don't see a problem to book a plane ticket!? I have done this on my Android devices a few times.

Sent from Sony Tablet Z
    08-18-2014 05:55 AM
    It's a bit too easy to be so agressive towards iOS and Android users... at least, over there, the apps of their airlines do work and do allow to do stuff... like checking in online... not really possible on the WP apps of the airlines that I use (filled with bugs and constantly crashing). When I want to check in... I use my iPad.
    08-19-2014 08:34 AM
    I did not wanted to be aggressive. I wanted to point that new internet explorer on Wphone 8.1 gives a great possibility, almost like regular browser on PC. I run many services and I'm astonished by that. With that possibilities I do not longer need applications cause I can make many things online like on normal PC.

I'm using Ipad also and it is great device and operating system although to close ( transferring files in and out is a pain ) so I use it as a www and youtube machine.

Android sometimes is a good system but it depend on what device... We use a marriage of hardware and software and it has to be good relationship. Android device often gives a crappy results even with great hardware. That's the prize for openness and marketing strategy of producent....... The best android phone I had was HTC desire. It had good hardware and greatly optimized android with nice HTC user interface. The main competitor was Samsung Galaxy s ( first big selling device of this producer ). Galaxy s had even better guts than HTC but version of android was a disaster. My friends had so many flow's that I've had a big headache to help them root the devices and install voodo patch or custom version of android. Samsung Galaxy was winner in that competition because people buyed specs and reviews was based on 2 day experience with the device. That model works in Android world also today so Samsung is biggest maker and HTC struggle to survive...
    08-19-2014 04:04 PM
    I'm quite certain it wasn't on Southwest Airlines. They pulled their WP app, that's embarrassing if you ask me.
    Guytronic likes this.
    08-19-2014 08:19 PM
    I used web browser for that but you are right, app support is worse on wphone.
    08-22-2014 05:02 PM
    I'll take a pleasant user experience over a glorified and hideous app launcher any day.
    08-22-2014 06:30 PM
    I think Android is an OS that tends to be just okay on first use and using a stock ROM but can be a really good OS with some neat features with enough modification.

Just... stay away from TouchWiz.
    08-25-2014 02:57 PM
    Just because Androids are easily (in most cases) rooted and have custom ROMs installed don't make it right. Having to go through all that to remove bloatware is asinine when a long press and delete can do it on WP. Jelly Bean is a fine version and KitKat, while cartoonish, has some nice features. Instead of ragging on WP users, why don't Android lovers direct their energy at the OEMs and their sucka** skins. Seems to me that vanilla Android works as well as any other modern OS.
    08-25-2014 03:53 PM
    Just because Androids are easily (in most cases) rooted and have custom ROMs installed don't make it right. Having to go through all that to remove bloatware is asinine when a long press and delete can do it on WP. Jelly Bean is a fine version and KitKat, while cartoonish, has some nice features. Instead of ragging on WP users, why don't Android lovers direct their energy at the OEMs and their sucka** skins. Seems to me that vanilla Android works as well as any other modern OS.
    Uhmm carrier bloatware can be easily disabled via the settings.

Visually TouchWiz isn't all that bad however they need to focus on improving the performance because TouchWiz is giving Android a bad name.

I myself use Vanilla Android and I love it but I am also a fan of HTC Sense which is just as snappy.

The LG G3 UI looks nice but seems to suffer from performance issues.

Not all carrier skins are bad though.
    08-25-2014 08:33 PM
    I still can't stand android. They have such amazing looking hardware but the OS is visually atrocious and I hate stock because it is so boring yet skins also make it a bit slower.

Plus...it Google. That said I would probably go Sony if I got android. But the os is so visually unappealing and I shouldn't have to disable. I wanna uninstall.
    08-25-2014 08:56 PM
    I still can't stand android. They have such amazing looking hardware but the OS is visually atrocious and I hate stock because it is so boring yet skins also make it a bit slower.

Plus...it Google. That said I would probably go Sony if I got android. But the os is so visually unappealing and I shouldn't have to disable. I wanna uninstall.
    Disabling hides it from pretty much everywhere, plus there are people who like some of the carrier bundled software.

Android seems visually atrocious to you, that's a personal choice because design is a subjective matter.

I find iOS, Android and Windows Phone to be beautiful and extremely polished.
    08-25-2014 09:03 PM
    Disabling hides it from pretty much everywhere, plus there are people who like some of the carrier bundled software.

Android seems visually atrocious to you, that's a personal choice because design is a subjective matter.

I find iOS, Android and Windows Phone to be beautiful and extremely polished.

Well generally an opinion is subjective.

Personally I find widgets and icons atrocious but if I had to get either, it would be ios because overall the os is so much more attractive than android. Fonts, color scheme, icons, etc etc.
    carlos12001 and Dazzi like this.
    08-25-2014 09:09 PM
231 ... 56789 ...