Oh my.. Android, seriously?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Show me an article that says the WP Store makes more money than Google Play.

*edit*

This ought to be common sense. An app store for a mobile OS with 80% world-wide market share is never going to make less money than an app store for an OS with 3% market share. Pick a top selling game or app that's on both platforms, then look at the number of downloads for it on WP. Then do the same thing for Android.

*edit again*

It's difficult to even find app store revenue comparisons that include the WP Store, and there's probably a reason for that. Back in March of this year, Developer Economics posted an article breaking the numbers down for app developers: http://www.developereconomics.com/which-app-stores-should-you-use/

View attachment 76148

Conclusion

For developers not looking for direct revenues, an Android app on Google Play is probably the obvious first choice. For those who are looking to monetize their apps directly, Apple?s iOS App Store is the clear leader, with Google Play as the first place to expand after that. BlackBerry World appears to be very unattractive versus the other options from a revenue perspective. Beyond that, the Windows Phone Store seems to be more popular than it deserves (although this might be due to ports paid for by the platform owner) whilst the Amazon Appstore seems unfairly unloved. Some developers have had issues with Amazon?s developer agreement and pricing policy but the results of those using Amazon?s store suggest it?s worth another look.
All your statements are now proved wrong 👎, look at this :)

http://wmpoweruser.com/windows-phon...-of-the-the-google-play-store/comment-page-1/

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
There is something in the screen of Sony phones that makes colors really faded compared to other devices. I like the design, like the waterproofing (which doesn't last anyways.... You can't have plastic caps on a waterproof device... It has to have wireless charging, Bluetooth connectivity and no caps). Been tempted many times but always went in other directions.
+620 I also noticed the screen problem too! The colours on my friends z2 were extremely faded. Maybe it is just my eyes or I'm to used to clear black :)

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Show me where Google says they give your email address out.

I already said the privacy policy says they distribute personal information. I trust you can find the policy on their website. Does it explicitly say email addresses? Of course not. But since that's included in personal information, it's obvious that they can/do. They aren't going to spell out each individual item because that limits them.
If you're so sure your email is safe, show me where they say they don't distribute it.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wrong. Google has never given anyone your email address. If your email got out, it's because of something you did.

How would you know? As a matter of fact, I created a Google account many years ago in order to use YouTube and Google Reader. I've never ever used the gmail address on any site or elsewhere. I've never even used it to send mails either. Yet the inbox is flooded with adverts, phishing mails and whatnot. If - according to you - Google does NOT give out its users' email address, how do you explain the mass of emails in my gmail inbox?

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
How would you know? As a matter of fact, I created a Google account many years ago in order to use YouTube and Google Reader. I've never ever used the gmail address on any site or elsewhere. I've never even used it to send mails either. Yet the inbox is flooded with adverts, phishing mails and whatnot. If - according to you - Google does NOT give out its users' email address, how do you explain the mass of emails in my gmail inbox?

Google (ha!) "spam generators." It's a well known tactic IIRC, and can be used to send email to Hotmail, Gmail, etc.

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site

An excerpt from webspam.org:

Spammers often target potential email addresses by domain, or the part of your email address that follows the ?@? symbol. Randomly generated characters are placed in front of the ?@? symbol until they find a hit. Email addresses for companies are extremely sensitive to this type of spamming because their emails tend to be in the form of ?name@company.com.? When email addresses are harvested in this manner, it is called a ?brute force? attack.

Generally, most spam emails are returned to the sender because the email addresses are invalid. However, spammers will send out millions of emails at a time. If only 1% of the millions of email go through successfully, this is success to a spammer.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Google (ha!) "spam generators." It's a well known tactic IIRC, and can be used to send email to Hotmail, Gmail, etc.

An excerpt from webspam.org:

I am well aware of how spam works. ;) But thanks. I still think it can't be only that. If it were, my regular email address (a live.de one) which I'm using for pretty much everything would at least have a similar amount of spam to deal with. But it does not. Of course I get some junk mails there too, but these are barely ever more than 10 or 15 per month. Whereas my gmail address is more like 80 or more per month.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You post links to a website that links to a website giving numbers for 2013, and even that website says that Google Play makes more money than the Windows Phone store. Do you know what amazing thing can happen in a year?... Google Play Quarterly App Revenue More Than Doubled Over Past Year, Thanks To Games, Freemium Apps | TechCrunch
I hope you know how to read... This quote is from the same article I posted earlier-
"Windows Phone developers earn on average $0.23 per download, vs only $0.04 per download on Android."
The money earned per developer is very less in Android, and people are not willing to pay for apps. Piracy is rank in Android. Paid app revenue is also very less.
Statistical data taken over a period of atleast 1 year is far more accurate than those taken for a short span. Google play may have earned more in q2, but what about q3 and q4? Only time can tell.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this really is a phone war here haha!

Ok so I may exchange my Galaxy S4... the only problem is that there isn't that much choice except Samsung...

I could get a HTC One Mini 2... they could get the One M7 (the previous model thus) but not sure to have it in stock.
They also have the Sony Z2 and the M2...

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope you know how to read... This quote is from the same article I posted earlier-
"Windows Phone developers earn on average $0.23 per download, vs only $0.04 per download on Android."
The money earned per developer is very less in Android, and people are not willing to pay for apps. Piracy is rank in Android. Paid app revenue is also very less.
Statistical data taken over a period of atleast 1 year is far more accurate than those taken for a short span. Google play may have earned more in q2, but what about q3 and q4? Only time can tell.

Google, Apple, or Microsoft: Which Platform Is the Most Profitable for Mobile App Developers? (AAPL, GOOG, GOOGL, MSFT)

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
What are the best OEMs for Android, Visa Declined?
Visa Declined, How has your experience with android been?

It depends on your taste. The Nexus 5 has been a fabulous device for me, and I'll grab the Nexus 6 as soon as it's available. As far as my experience, I like having devices on all platforms. There's no reason to use only one, and then sit around and bash the other two on the internet somewhere.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved!!! They don't have the L930 at this store, won't ever have it (to say how much they believe in WP...) but somehow had a L1020, brand new of course in a sealed box, that they agreed to let me get for a fraction of the price that the S4 cost me.

So I left the store with a L1020 and some cash in my pockets, I'm so relieved! :grin:

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
From your own article-
"Microsoft's Windows platforms sport the highest revenue per download of all the mobile platforms.Android has a much bigger cache of free apps, which deeply cuts into Google's average revenue per download."
Just a word of advice, Don't trust that site,as motley fool have been generally biased with their preference going for iOS in each of their articles.

Seth Stout

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a Galaxy S4 and got rid of it after a few months of use. I never really liked the UI, and seriously missed WP8's UI the whole time I had it. Just switched to a Lumia 1520 about 2 months ago and I'm glad I switched back.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Problem solved!!! They don't have the L930 at this store, won't ever have it (to say how much they believe in WP...) but somehow had a L1020, brand new of course in a sealed box, that they agreed to let me get for a fraction of the price that the S4 cost me.

So I left the store with a L1020 and some cash in my pockets, I'm so relieved! :grin:
Congrats on the new Lumia 1020! :) Which colour did you get?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett