Oh my.. Android, seriously?

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
why would you upload to facebook via the app when uploading via the camera of the photos application is extremely fast? WP works completely different from other OS's guys.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Fix your browsing habits then. If that was normal you know damn well the media would be crapping all over them for it. Not personal anecdotes presented as credible evidence.

My browsing behavior never changed, it has always been the same. And like I've said before, it's my live.de address I'm using everywhere, not the Gmail address. Still the quantity of junk mails in Gmail exceeds those received on the Microsoft account by a huge margin.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
My browsing behavior never changed, it has always been the same. And like I've said before, it's my live.de address I'm using everywhere, not the Gmail address. Still the quantity of junk mails in Gmail exceeds those received on the Microsoft account by a huge margin.
Point goes to you for making valid arguments, the other two are just trying to find faults on your statements. They Must be Google fanboys.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the new Lumia 1020! :) Which colour did you get?
A black one. Yes I know, boring, but at least, it's not a Samsung S4 :winktongue: Anyway, I'm happy, 'cause although it's exciting to have a yellow one, it does not look that serious when you're using it and wearing a suit and a tie at a business meeting haha!

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Fix your browsing habits then. If that was normal you know damn well the media would be crapping all over them for it. Not personal anecdotes presented as credible evidence.
I opened up my unused Gmail account which I had used only on my previous Android device 9 months ago, and emptied before ditching it. I had given the address to nobody, yet, after 2 years, 550 junk/spam emails while there are none on my Microsoft account, which I use daily.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
why would you upload to facebook via the app when uploading via the camera of the photos application is extremely fast? WP works completely different from other OS's guys.
I don't understand your statement. When I take a photo and share it from the gallery, it opens the FB Beta app...

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
A black one. Yes I know, boring, but at least, it's not a Samsung S4 :winktongue: Anyway, I'm happy, 'cause although it's exciting to have a yellow one, it does not look that serious when you're using it and wearing a suit and a tie at a business meeting haha!
Nice, matches the hump on the back tho! :) Does it come with a lanyard cable included?

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
From your own article-
"Microsoft's Windows platforms sport the highest revenue per download of all the mobile platforms.Android has a much bigger cache of free apps, which deeply cuts into Google's average revenue per download."
Just a word of advice, Don't trust that site,as motley fool have been generally biased with their preference going for iOS in each of their articles.

Our debate was over total app store revenue. Don't move the goal posts.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Our debate was over total app store revenue. Don't move the goal posts.
It was I who set the goal posts,not you. And they have never moved. I said that the app revenue of play store is less than WP and IOS. I did not specify whether it was total app revenue or app revenue per developer. Both of us are right in our own opinion. Them again, statistics is always taken to your own convenience.

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I opened up my unused Gmail account which I had used only on my previous Android device 9 months ago, and emptied before ditching it. I had given the address to nobody, yet, after 2 years, 550 junk/spam emails while there are none on my Microsoft account, which I use daily.

Interesting. I get a lot of spam in my unused Hotmail. Same for unused Yahoo and Gmail.

You're saying you never get spam in your Microsoft email? MSN? I'd like to know your secret.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
After staying trustful to WP for years, but getting really annoyed by some of the flaws (see my thread about data roaming suddenly not working in 1 specific country, or the FB app that's so miserably slow), I decided to give a try to Android (I owned iPhone's before and they're just too expensive).

I found a cheap Galaxy S4 and I am shocked by how user-unfriendly Android is! All this bloatware installed, you don't even find the useful apps among them. You need to install a 3rd party plug-in to be able to download images from the Gmail app, seriously Google?!!

So let's face it, it's such bad experience in Android, that I am willing to continue supporting the WP platform but please MS please oh please sort out all the remaining flaws in your system and do it fast!

bloat ware is bad, cyanogenmod it and be done.

is a great piece of hardware once the bloat is erased.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I get a lot of spam in my unused Hotmail. Same for unused Yahoo and Gmail.

You're saying you never get spam in your Microsoft email? MSN? I'd like to know your secret.
I never said that.I checked them both simultaneously, and at that time there was no spam in my hotmail account. Either way,550 junk mails is a lot,I.e I get approx. 2 spam mails per day for 9 months. Hotmail also gets spam, but lesser than Gmail. I get like, one junk mail 📧 in 2 months? It's never been more than that.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
From your own article-
"Microsoft's Windows platforms sport the highest revenue per download of all the mobile platforms.Android has a much bigger cache of free apps, which deeply cuts into Google's average revenue per download."
Just a word of advice, Don't trust that site,as motley fool have been generally biased with their preference going for iOS in each of their articles.

You know, just about every tech site I check out, there is a commentor(s) that says- "this site is apple biased" or "Apple pays these reviewers". Pretty funny IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You know, just about every tech site I check out, there is a commentor(s) that says- "this site is apple biased" or "Apple pays these reviewers". Pretty funny IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums
You know, just about every tech site except WPC and Engadget think it's cool to praise everything Apple does and treat Microsoft as evil. Pretty funny IMO.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
You know,just about every tech site I read has mentioned Gmail having excellent anti spam. But it's not you...
Pretty funny IMO.
You know, just about every tech site I read, including the site you are on now, has mentioned that outlook has excellent anti spam. But its not you too....
Pretty funny IMO.

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh how lovely... somehow within the 24hrs that my corporate email account was synced with the bloody S4............ more than half of my contacts just vanished!!!! Android, never, ever again. Yeah it might be me who did something stupid but how could it happen that I deleted contacts without realising it? A such a whole bunch, like 400 of them? Would never have happened on iOS, BB or WP....

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Oh how lovely... somehow within the 24hrs that my corporate email account was synced with the bloody S4............ more than half of my contacts just vanished!!!! Android, never, ever again. Yeah it might be me who did something stupid but how could it happen that I deleted contacts without realising it? A such a whole bunch, like 400 of them? Would never have happened on iOS, BB or WP....

uhhhh, I don't think so.
I have nearly 2100 contacts, and have not had issue with any platform trashing them in 6 years, mobile, cloud, or on computers, some of which were destroyed by faulty battery/power supplies.

if your contacts are gone, you deleted them.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
To recover the contacts, go to contacts.google.com... Log in... There you can see all your contacts... Now export them wherever you want...
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion