Oh my.. Android, seriously?

clivejcooper

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I'll be entering the treacherous waters of Android tomorrow when my One Plus One arrives. Don't worry though, my Nokia Lumia 925 will live on as my mothers device. Wish me luck 🍀.

clivejcooper

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
What did you have to do to get one?

Sent from whatever device I happen to be using today using Tapatalk

Just created a One Plus One account and eventually got an email through with an invite.

You can also ask someone who has bought the phone to send you an invite via the forums.

Velikib

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
Tell me Android's users are you able to send a file by a wetransfer page on your browser ? You can't ? I can, was able also to book plane tickets last time when my friends with android and ios device's failed and finally asked me to do this on my Lumia....

I always use Dropbox or Gdrive for sharing bigger files. I don't see a problem to book a plane ticket!? I have done this on my Android devices a few times.

Sent from Sony Tablet Z

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Tell me Android's users are you able to send a file by a wetransfer page on your browser ? You can't ? I can, was able also to book plane tickets last time when my friends with android and ios device's failed and finally asked me to do this on my Lumia....
It's a bit too easy to be so agressive towards iOS and Android users... at least, over there, the apps of their airlines do work and do allow to do stuff... like checking in online... not really possible on the WP apps of the airlines that I use (filled with bugs and constantly crashing). When I want to check in... I use my iPad.

rumpelst

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I did not wanted to be aggressive. I wanted to point that new internet explorer on Wphone 8.1 gives a great possibility, almost like regular browser on PC. I run many services and I'm astonished by that. With that possibilities I do not longer need applications cause I can make many things online like on normal PC.

I'm using Ipad also and it is great device and operating system although to close ( transferring files in and out is a pain ) so I use it as a www and youtube machine.

Android sometimes is a good system but it depend on what device... We use a marriage of hardware and software and it has to be good relationship. Android device often gives a crappy results even with great hardware. That's the prize for openness and marketing strategy of producent....... The best android phone I had was HTC desire. It had good hardware and greatly optimized android with nice HTC user interface. The main competitor was Samsung Galaxy s ( first big selling device of this producer ). Galaxy s had even better guts than HTC but version of android was a disaster. My friends had so many flow's that I've had a big headache to help them root the devices and install voodo patch or custom version of android. Samsung Galaxy was winner in that competition because people buyed specs and reviews was based on 2 day experience with the device. That model works in Android world also today so Samsung is biggest maker and HTC struggle to survive...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm quite certain it wasn't on Southwest Airlines. They pulled their WP app, that's embarrassing if you ask me.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I think Android is an OS that tends to be just okay on first use and using a stock ROM but can be a really good OS with some neat features with enough modification.

Just... stay away from TouchWiz.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just because Androids are easily (in most cases) rooted and have custom ROMs installed don't make it right. Having to go through all that to remove bloatware is asinine when a long press and delete can do it on WP. Jelly Bean is a fine version and KitKat, while cartoonish, has some nice features. Instead of ragging on WP users, why don't Android lovers direct their energy at the OEMs and their sucka** skins. Seems to me that vanilla Android works as well as any other modern OS.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Just because Androids are easily (in most cases) rooted and have custom ROMs installed don't make it right. Having to go through all that to remove bloatware is asinine when a long press and delete can do it on WP. Jelly Bean is a fine version and KitKat, while cartoonish, has some nice features. Instead of ragging on WP users, why don't Android lovers direct their energy at the OEMs and their sucka** skins. Seems to me that vanilla Android works as well as any other modern OS.

Uhmm carrier bloatware can be easily disabled via the settings.

Visually TouchWiz isn't all that bad however they need to focus on improving the performance because TouchWiz is giving Android a bad name.

I myself use Vanilla Android and I love it but I am also a fan of HTC Sense which is just as snappy.

The LG G3 UI looks nice but seems to suffer from performance issues.

Not all carrier skins are bad though.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I still can't stand android. They have such amazing looking hardware but the OS is visually atrocious and I hate stock because it is so boring yet skins also make it a bit slower.

Plus...it Google. That said I would probably go Sony if I got android. But the os is so visually unappealing and I shouldn't have to disable. I wanna uninstall.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I still can't stand android. They have such amazing looking hardware but the OS is visually atrocious and I hate stock because it is so boring yet skins also make it a bit slower.

Plus...it Google. That said I would probably go Sony if I got android. But the os is so visually unappealing and I shouldn't have to disable. I wanna uninstall.

Disabling hides it from pretty much everywhere, plus there are people who like some of the carrier bundled software.

Android seems visually atrocious to you, that's a personal choice because design is a subjective matter.

I find iOS, Android and Windows Phone to be beautiful and extremely polished.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Disabling hides it from pretty much everywhere, plus there are people who like some of the carrier bundled software.

Android seems visually atrocious to you, that's a personal choice because design is a subjective matter.

I find iOS, Android and Windows Phone to be beautiful and extremely polished.

Well generally an opinion is subjective.

Personally I find widgets and icons atrocious but if I had to get either, it would be ios because overall the os is so much more attractive than android. Fonts, color scheme, icons, etc etc.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Uhmm carrier bloatware can be easily disabled via the settings.

Visually TouchWiz isn't all that bad however they need to focus on improving the performance because TouchWiz is giving Android a bad name.

I myself use Vanilla Android and I love it but I am also a fan of HTC Sense which is just as snappy.

The LG G3 UI looks nice but seems to suffer from performance issues.

Not all carrier skins are bad though.
So with the exception of Sense, you're pretty much saying that skins do indeed affect performance. Contradict much?

Sent from my LG Intuition using Tapatalk

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site

Personally I find widgets and icons atrocious but if I had to get either, it would be ios because overall the os is so much more attractive than android. Fonts, color scheme, icons, etc etc.

Same here, without a doubt. To me, the whole android world is just one big cluster ****. Just listen to the guy above saying how the big bad g3 has performance issues. A phone with that much power should not have any performance issues, quite pitiful if you ask me.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

One of my cousins who has been an iPhone fan pretty much since the time they we're released recently switched to a Nexus 5, he really likes it.

Marques Brownlee described this situation pretty well in his iPhone 5S(or 5) review where he said that if you don't like something about iOS, too bad because you can't do much to change it.

His theory pretty much applies to Windows Phone as well. But you should seriously see Android L, looks amazing.

In the end I can't judge you for what you find better but just tell you that your opinion isn't as popular as you think it is.

But, I'll share the widgets I've pinned and let's see if you find them atrocious.

1409043203011.jpg
1409043231084.jpg
1409043241172.jpg

So with the exception of Sense, you're pretty much saying that skins do indeed affect performance. Contradict much?

I've never used a G3 in my life but I think that the animations seem to be a bit slow according to the videos I've watched, but then again you can speed up animations from settings.

I might have also seen one place where the guy opened up the app tray and his icons had disappeared for a second or two, but I believe some software updates should fix that.

Sent from my LG Intuition using Tapatalk

Same here, without a doubt. To me, the whole android world is just one big cluster ****. Just listen to the guy above saying how the big bad g3 has performance issues. A phone with that much power should not have any performance issues, quite pitiful if you ask me.

I said it "seems" that the G3 suffers from a few performance issues, i haven't used one to be sure.

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Give him some time. I don't expect him to start hating the Nexus and (all other Cheap privacy invading) Google Products right away. As time passes he will start detesting Google.

rohit111

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyway Android is just a copy of iOS and a very cheap and slow copy which continually hangs. After a while Google copied Blackberry. Then they copied Microsoft WP.
So I'd rather go for WP or iOS because they are original and refined OSes even though WP is still some way off iOS its getting there. Plus iOS and Microsoft have great Quality Control. Everybody knows how cheap google didn't bother to take down fake BBM apps when it launched on Android. That would never happen on these two platforms. While Google just tries to invade your privacy and earn cheap bucks by selling you ads the other two actually maintain and service their OS properly. Although Microsoft deserve a lot of abuses for their Cyan Rollout. While modifications and customizations are one thing skins make the Androids slow and laggy. Also how much modification can one want? Barring the lock screen and wallpapers once you open an app it ends. And MS and Apple have smoother OSes which makes the apps smooth and non-laggy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon