Hello all,

In Spring of 2013 I was in the midst of deciding what direction to go with my new phone. I had the Nexus 4 for a few months (which in all honesty was a garbage phone) before selling it and using the 920. It lasted roughly a month or two and while I very much enjoyed the experience it just wasn't there yet. So, where does it stand now? I know they added a lot of functionality and more is planned. The app selection doesn't really bother me although it really would be nice if Google and MS could work something out. I've compiled a list of features/gripes that if addressed I would consider switching back.

- Bookmark syncing/IE in general. This is one of the only reasons why I use Google Chrome and it would be nice if this feature was finally implemented across IE browsers. I will never understand why it isn't used on the desktop version since every other browser has something like this. Also, I am a pretty big Bing supporter and I was hoping they'd eventually integrate Bing stuff into the OS like Google has. For instance they have a Bing search app for Android that is pretty nice so I would hope a more robust version is integrated into WP.

- Content sharing. I realize this is mostly app specific but it always bugged me that I couldn't share an image from Facebook, a link from ESPN app, or a photo from my camera to where ever. Groupme is one of the apps I use on a constant basis and it would be nice if I could actually share stuff easily as I can in Android.

- Over all OS features. I can't think of any off the top of my head and I know both OS's have had some major updates in the last year but I do remember WP8 had some major basic features that were missing at the time. Is the gap closer now? What is missing? What is better?

I know some of this stuff is highly subjective but my current phone will possibly be my last Android device (I will never purchase another Android tablet again) and I'd like to get a better sense of the current state of WP. Thanks!
    08-13-2014 12:23 PM
    On all three counts things have improved quite a bit. Bing search or Cortana are much better integrated now in WP8.1. Also the sharing stuff seems to work fine for me but there are others that complain, primarily because how they are used to doing things on other OSes and then they want/expect it to be the same on a different OS and when it doesn't they tend to complain.

Overall the OS is now almost at par with iOS 7 and KitKat with the notification center, extra tiles on smaller screens, Bluetooth 4.0, quick charge etc. etc.

Device wise it depends on which carrier you plan to use it on and what your budget is like.
    08-13-2014 12:40 PM
    On all three counts things have improved quite a bit. Bing search or Cortana are much better integrated now in WP8.1. Also the sharing stuff seems to work fine for me but there are others that complain, primarily because how they are used to doing things on other OSes and then they want/expect it to be the same on a different OS and when it doesn't they tend to complain.

Overall the OS is now almost at par with iOS 7 and KitKat with the notification center, extra tiles on smaller screens, Bluetooth 4.0, quick charge etc. etc.

Device wise it depends on which carrier you plan to use it on and what your budget is like.
    Can you be more specific in regards to what you mean by your sharing comment?

Also, have they addressed the IE issues?

I'm not too worried about what device to use as I always go off contract (it really is amazing), but if I were to buy something today it would be the 925 or 1050.
    08-13-2014 12:49 PM
    Can you be more specific in regards to what you mean by your sharing comment?

Also, have they addressed the IE issues?

I'm not too worried about what device to use as I always go off contract (it really is amazing), but if I were to buy something today it would be the 925 or 1050.
    Can't help you with IE issues because my work forces us to use a very old version of IE so I use Chrome at work. And at home I use a Nexus tablet. I am a dual OS person, it fits my needs better.

In terms of sharing I believe it is the Apps that do not have permissions to share items. For my needs - mostly pictures and sometimes links, I find that I can copy paste links and share pictures via MMS, WhatsApp and email works for me. I don't use FB (just a personal choice).
    08-13-2014 01:02 PM