up to 75% longer battery life with WP over Android? :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yea I know I didnt, but I wanted to make it as "fakeproof" as possible, just for the sake of avoiding those who will pull at strings

Also, to whoever said my phone seems more sluggish than salmanahmad's phone, keep in mind, he has a nexus 5 iirc and I have a lumia 925, thats a pretty massive spec difference, so I'd hope his looked more responsive lol

Haha yeah, I wish someone with a 1520 made a video like this.

But your 925 was by no means slow, it was pretty amazing. 👍

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I've not called Windows Phone rubbish. It's actually one of my favorite operating systems.

Samsung phones are what disgrace Android because of them everyone starts to think Android is laggy.

I like this community more than Android Central. But I don't favor one operating system over the other, I state the benefits of each.

True they slow down android with touch whiz but they add good features to it and add a bit of nice UI elements to android but I prefer stock android .... Windows phone as well but to me MS has alot of work ahead of them

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I still can't believe that Android and iPhone doesn't have official apps for IRCTC(Railway 🚄 tickets), NTES(Train status), Manual camera focus app like Nokia camera, etc. : Amaze: These apps are only on WP.

I don't know about first two apps but I do miss Nokia Camera as well for all the control I had, however I also like the simplistic Google Camera as well.

But nonetheless Android L will improve on the camera API of Android, making it much faster and allowing significantly more control.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...bles-burst-mode-thorough-control-photos-much/

1408778728844.jpg

However it's not the focus distance I am interested in, the new camera API allows devices with Snapdragon 800 or above to take 8 MP burst shots, something that no other OS does. :D

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about first two apps but I do miss Nokia Camera as well for all the control I had, however I also like the simplistic Google Camera as well.

But nonetheless Android L will improve on the camera API of Android, making it much faster and allowing significantly more control.

Android "L" Feature Spotlight: New Camera API Enables Burst Mode, Thorough Control Over Photos, And Much More

View attachment 78081

However it's not the focus distance I am interested in, the new camera API allows devices with Snapdragon 800 or above to take 8 MP burst shots, something that no other OS does. :D

That last bits impressive!.. Were gonna need a 1030 with 5 gigs of ram to beat it for 41mp burst shot!

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
that last bits impressive!.. were gonna need a 1030 with 5 gigs of ram to beat it for 41mp nurst shot

A 41 MP burst shot probably isn't possible given the current mobile technology.

RAM has little to do with this, it seems to be more processor intensive.

But 8MP burst shots are very impressive, looking at how other OSes are still at 0.7 or 2.1 megapixel bursts.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I still can't believe that Android and iPhone doesn't have official apps for IRCTC(Railway �� tickets), NTES(Train status), Manual camera focus app like Nokia camera, etc. : Amaze: These apps are only on WP.

and WP also have laggiest official apps(Core OS apps) of the century.
Music, Video & games.

@salmanahmad
I know Android have Mediafire app but I want you to check Mediafire site in your Nexus 5.
How is that perform?

or
Anyone with iPhone try Safari to open mediafire.com

in WP(IE) this message shows
wp_ss_20140823_0002.png
Just curious to know is it just IE or any other browser also have this message.

As far as my knowledge WP8.1 doesn't have mediafire app.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
and WP also have laggiest official apps(Core OS apps) of the century.
Music, Video & games.

@salmanahmad
I know Android have Mediafire app but I want you to check Mediafire site in your Nexus 5.
How is that perform?

or
Anyone with iPhone try Safari to open mediafire.com

in WP(IE) this message shows
View attachment 78113
Just curious to know is it just IE or any other browser also have this message.

As far as my knowledge WP8.1 doesn't have mediafire app.

1408805409088.jpg

I've never had any problems with Mediafire, Chrome is the best browser on both PC and mobile when it comes to features, and sometimes performance as well.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 78115

I've never had any problems with Mediafire, Chrome is the best browser on both PC and mobile when it comes to features, and sometimes performance as well.
Not bashing, but chrome has been the prime cause of severe battery drain among laptops, since 2010. WPC wrote an article about this issue. Google has still not fixed this. IE 11 doesn't cause such battery drain, and the performance is butter smooth on my 7 year old PC, as compared to chrome. The moment I uninstalled chrome,I saw a huge improvement in battery life.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Not bashing, but chrome has been the prime cause of severe battery drain among laptops, since 2010. WPC wrote an article about this issue. Google has still not fixed this. IE 11 doesn't cause such battery drain, and the performance is butter smooth on my 7 year old PC, as compared to chrome. The moment I uninstalled chrome,I saw a huge improvement in battery life.

Thanks for the nice point.

I've never realized that but my family has two laptops in the house, one belongs to my Dad and the other to me and my little brother. They are Core i3 and i5 respectively.

I can easily get quite a few hours using Chrome on battery on either one of the laptops, and Internet Explorer has massively improved over the years so I also like it but in terms of the performance and plugins I've always preferred Chrome. Maybe Chrome takes more battery to keep everything running smoother, idk.

But yeah thanks, if I have time I'll try out to see if IE takes less battery.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
HTC themselves admitted this phone would have longer battery life because of "optimizations of the Windows Phone operating system". Direct proof that WP > Android MUAHAHAHAAHAHHA!

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
HTC themselves admitted this phone would have longer battery life because of "optimizations of the Windows Phone operating system". Direct proof that WP > Android MUAHAHAHAAHAHHA!

Source?

Wow.

You guys are confusing multitasking with app switching.

Nah, that was just a fun test. The standby time has more to do with how Windows Phone manages background tasks.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Source?

Nah, that was just a fun test. The standby time has more to do with how Windows Phone manages background tasks.
Lumia 810 was dropped support by t mobile, Nokia and Microsoft have nothing to do with it. Isn't the Lumia 820 still being supported?! As for the HTC 8s, Microsoft is ready to provide the update, but HTC as usual showed the same attitude they have towards budget devices-they stopped supporting it. But both devices can be updated through DP. Atleast dp is far too earlier than flashing a custom rom. Just go to store, install PFD (it is in the top free downloads) and you are easy to go. Flashing custom ROMs is a nightmare, common consumers don't do it.

Chris Senn

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
No one on this forum has ever been able to back up this claim with hard evidence. If you are going to claim that WP is more efficient in some way than Android, please provide something to support what you're saying.
As a current and longtime Android user and a brand new WP user Ill DEFINITELY say that WP run much more efficiently. I have a 2200mAh WP phone that can outlast a 3400mAh android phone while in standby with wifi and gps on. Not sure why but with android GPS and Wifi kill the battery even with the screen off. I love how with my WP you can just leave it on and still get great battery life.

Now with the screen on thats another story. Thats when a bigger battery is needed.
Still a $120 used Lumia 928 runs just as smooth as a S5.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah right, and I've seen you bash WP for being rubbish in many times in this forum.... If you are so fond of Android, why not go to Android central? :p

My experience with Android ( Samsung galaxy Y,s4 and a Micromax canvas HD) has not been good, and sub par as compared to WP. Not expected from flagship Android phones. No updates,no moving apps to SD, no official file manager, lag due to OEM skin,etc.

I always state true facts and reasonable arguments and observations instead of "bashing" anything as you call it.

No one is bashing Windows Phone here. We all want WP to improve and if possible, taking over iOS. My experiences with Nexus 7 and HTC M7 are very good. Perhaps you shouldn't get Samsung (which is well known for its crappy Touchwiz) or other budgeted low end Androids. Even budgeted Windows Phone has difficulty with app switching or games.

Official apps? We are not even having official apps with most of the Google services on Windows Phone as well and we can live it it. I think it shouldn't be a problem at all on Android just because there are no official file manager. Likewise for SD card. If so many can work on Windows Phone without micro SD support, why can't on Android? Those reasons you mentioned are no valid reasons of why Android is a bad OS. Android itself is not bad, in fact it is much much better than iOS and WP. But is Samsung who tarnished the reputation of Android with its crappy Touchwiz.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
No one is bashing Windows Phone here. We all want WP to improve and if possible, taking over iOS. My experiences with Nexus 7 and HTC M7 are very good. Perhaps you shouldn't get Samsung (which is well known for its crappy Touchwiz) or other budgeted low end Androids. Even budgeted Windows Phone has difficulty with app switching or games.

Official apps? We are not even having official apps with most of the Google services on Windows Phone as well and we can live it it. I think it shouldn't be a problem at all on Android just because there are no official file manager. Likewise for SD card. If so many can work on Windows Phone without micro SD support, why can't on Android? Those reasons you mentioned are no valid reasons of why Android is a bad OS. Android itself is not bad, in fact it is much much better than iOS and WP. But is Samsung who tarnished the reputation of Android with its crappy Touchwiz.
You know why I asked for an official file manager? Would you trust a stranger with your bank account details? Your pan card no.? Your office data and files shown to a 3rd party app? Because I would never do that.

Show me a budget WP that struggles with switching apps and games as compared to an Android with the same specs. Take the Lumia 530. It was provided with a quad core exclusively for multitasking.

Google removed apps to SD support in Android 4.0. Removed it. Why do they need to remove an already present feature? Try using a Moto g with only 8 GB of storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb