HTC Android V Windows comparison video

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Meh... Another biased video imho. Completely ignores the obvious advantages of WP, yet retreats to the same old arguments we've heard for ages (not enough apps, buggy apps, more robust and better Android etc...). Come on now.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Meh... Another biased video imho. Completely ignores the obvious advantages of WP, yet retreats to the same old arguments we've heard for ages (not enough apps, buggy apps, more robust and better Android etc...). Come on now.

Have to disagree, he's laid out the facts as they are today and not rubbished WP. The fact is WP has been playing catch up and Android has had those features for a along time and Google has had tome to improve them just as MS will improve too.

He also points the truth out a few times that it all depends on you as an individual whether you use Google or MS services as to which one is best. As a former iOS and Android user to which obvious advantages are you referring to as any Android user can say the same about WP.

Will be interesting to see battery life comparisons though and effects of the OS on identical hardware. The stakes just got higher and I can see other OEM's doing the same, if they do then this can only mean better and more optimized OS for us.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Have to disagree, he's laid out the facts as they are today and not rubbished WP. The fact is WP has been playing catch up and Android has had those features for a along time and Google has had tome to improve them just as MS will improve too.

He also points the truth out a few times that it all depends on you as an individual whether you use Google or MS services as to which one is best. As a former iOS and Android user to which obvious advantages are you referring to as any Android user can say the same about WP.

Will be interesting to see battery life comparisons though and effects of the OS on identical hardware. The stakes just got higher and I can see other OEM's doing the same, if they do then this can only mean better and more optimized OS for us.

Are you seriously asking that question? Sure they each have their pros and cons, but when you talk about maps and completely ignore that you can download full navigation maps for off-line use on WP (yes you can use Nokia maps on HTC WP's) and I happen to consider that a major plus that constantly gets ignored, and again, IMHO (in case you didn't see I said that the first time) that is biased to gloss over that.

And why are you bringing iOS into this? Because also a former iPhone user, I don't remember being able to download a Youtube app that let's you download videos or being able to download emulators..... unless you jailbreak it. Apps that are available to download from the WP Store out of the box. Which leads me to another point he glossed over, that third party apps on WP mostly outperform whatever official apps we might have (ie: apps like MyTube that most people find to be superior than the official ones found in iOS and Android).

I'm not saying WP is superior because it is still catching up, but you just can't ignore the things that it does that others don't. You're welcome to disagree all you want but that's the way I see things from my perspective.

David Hilliard

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
The part that all reviews seem to miss IMHO is usability. How many presses before I can dial a contact? is using the mail app intuitive? What shortcuts make my life easier? what makes more sense?

There is a reason I've stuck with iPhone for so long. It just makes sense most of the time. My grandmother can figure it out. Android is the worst of the 3 in usability. Windows beats iPhone is some areas but overall, iOS still is the usability king. I have all 3 OSes in one form or another and really, it comes down to personal preference. I love Windows Phone the most. I will probably sell my 5s and get this phone soon.

Android is like linux, too many knobs. Windows Phone is just about caught up to iOS and Android. Personal preference is the bottom line here.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you seriously asking that question? Sure they each have their pros and cons, but when you talk about maps and completely ignore that you can download full navigation maps for off-line use on WP (yes you can use Nokia maps on HTC WP's) and I happen to consider that a major plus that constantly gets ignored, and again, IMHO (in case you didn't see I said that the first time) that is biased to gloss over that.

And why are you bringing iOS into this? Because also a former iPhone user, I don't remember being able to download a Youtube app that let's you download videos or being able to download emulators..... unless you jailbreak it. Apps that are available to download from the WP Store out of the box. Which leads me to another point he glossed over, that third party apps on WP mostly outperform whatever official apps we might have (ie: apps like MyTube that most people find to be superior than the official ones found in iOS and Android).

I'm not saying WP is superior because it is still catching up, but you just can't ignore the things that it does that others don't. You're welcome to disagree all you want but that's the way I see things from my perspective.

As a WP user not sure the reason I'm pointing this out, perhaps I'm not a ****** of any tech which is the reason I see this as a fair review, but you can download offline maps on Android. As for apps on WP v iOS its nonsensical, WP will never catch up, some apps may well be better on WP but on the whole its pretty sparce.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss