08-25-2014 01:55 PM
112 1234 ...
tools
    No way I here talk about old devices stuck with jb.can u imagine yourself using 512 mb ram android device it will make you repent. You can't open any app it will stutter nd freeze. Android is only for higher spec phone not low end like wp. Atleast not for 512 mb ram.
    Windows Phone stutters as well if you have low-end hardware.

People bought Nokia X didn't they? It had 512 MB RAM, no one really regretted doing so.

It's a myth that Windows Phone is less resource hungry than Android, Android is a much faster OS that what it used to be.

But I had an HTC Explorer it was a 609 MHz 512 MB RAM device and I got Android 4.4.4 on it, it could play everything smoothly except for a few apps and games.
    08-24-2014 01:48 PM
    Oh I think it's impossible for android less than 1 gb ram to help you make a phone call.such phone is useless you will have lags nd freezes.
    08-24-2014 01:50 PM
    :D:thumbdown:
    S Vaibhav and Karthik Naik like this.
    08-24-2014 01:51 PM
    Oh I think it's impossible for android less than 1 gb ram to help you make a phone call.such phone is useless you will have lags nd freezes.
    Didn't see any lag & freeze in Lg Optimus L5 2.

But WP do struggle and lag in simple task as playing music
    08-24-2014 01:56 PM
    Didn't see any lag & freeze in Lg Optimus L5 2.

But WP do struggle and lag in simple task as playing music
    Windows Phone and Android phones can be pretty smooth even at the low end side, given the fact that the software is optimized.

The slow music player is the fault of Microsoft, similarly slow Samsung phones are because of TouchWiz.

But Android can run smoothly even on 512 MB RAM.
    08-24-2014 02:03 PM
    Correction 512 mb ram in wp equals to 1 gb ram in android.gone are the days of 512 mb ram in android.even 1 gb is just good enough not great.that is android for you the most resource hungry ๐Ÿ˜‹ os for you which has millions of apps.
    +1000000000000000000

Most people in India use Samsung, Micromax and karbonn phones with mediatek quad core and 1 Gb ram,all for under 10,000 INR. I've myself seen the lag under these phones. This guy is right,I should make a video of this and show it here. It takes 10 seconds to open the dialler on a Micromax phone.
    anadi1984 and Karthik Naik like this.
    08-24-2014 02:09 PM
    1408907494320.jpg

This one of my most loved features about Android, individually swipeable, interactive expandable notifications.

No other OS does this. :)
    BRC1711, Visa Declined and broar94 like this.
    08-24-2014 02:13 PM
    +1000000000000000000
    The guy who you are "+1000000ing" had no arguments to support his statement. I would suggest you read what I explained to him.
    08-24-2014 02:13 PM
    Windows Phone stutters as well if you have low-end hardware.

People bought Nokia X didn't they? It had 512 MB RAM, no one really regretted doing so.

It's a myth that Windows Phone is less resource hungry than Android, Android is a much faster OS that what it used to be.

But I had an HTC Explorer it was a 609 MHz 512 MB RAM device and I got Android 4.4.4 on it, it could play everything smoothly except for a few apps and games.
    WP does not,I repeat does not stutter on low end hardware. See the ratings and reviews for the Lumia 520 comparing it to the other androids with the same specs. Tell me, which will run smoothly, Lumia 520 or any Android phone with the same hardware as the Lumia 520?

By the way, Nokia X runs on jellybean 4.1.2. I've used it, and the UI is disgusting. Quite a demo of what Android would be like if it had live tiles. And it was slow and lagged while scrolling. Nokia Lumia 520 runs much smoother than it.

The guy who you are "+1000000ing" had no arguments to support his statement. I would suggest you read what I explained to him.
    Read my statement. The WPC site is somewhat slow today in showing my whole comment.
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 08-24-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    08-24-2014 02:20 PM
    +1000000000000000000

Most people in India use Samsung, Micromax and karbonn phones with mediatek quad core and 1 Gb ram,all for under 10,000 INR. I've myself seen the lag under these phones. This guy is right,I should make a video of this and show it here. It takes 10 seconds to open the dialler on a Micromax phone.
    So you ssupport this statement then give me an eexample an app or game which need 1GB RAM in Android but can easily run onWP 512MB RAM devices.

I can also made video to show that WP takes more than 10 secs to play music and open game hub and video.
    08-24-2014 02:23 PM
    Windows phone has seamless integration with my Windows 8.1 PC ๐Ÿ’ป. My contacts,Xbox scores, email ๐Ÿ“ง, drafts, OneNote, word documents, start screen theme, settings, internet explorer favorites, history, recent tabs, playlists, everything gets synced wirelessly. That is a feature which no OS has now currently.
    08-24-2014 02:26 PM
    WP also has inbuilt Microsoft Office ๐Ÿข for free, which currently no other OS has.
    08-24-2014 02:29 PM
    WP does not,I repeat does not stutter on low end hardware. See the ratings and reviews for the Lumia 520 comparing it to the other androids with the same specs. Tell me, which will run smoothly, Lumia 520 or any Android phone with the same hardware as the Lumia 520?

By the way, Nokia X runs on jellybean 4.1.2. I've used it, and the UI is disgusting. Quite a demo of what Android would be like if it had live tiles. And it was slow and lagged while scrolling. Nokia Lumia 520 runs much smoother than it.
    LG optimus L5 2.
    Inferior specs than L520 but performance is nothing less than L520.
    And certain basic task perform faster than L520.

Why you are spamming this thread which you started?
    08-24-2014 02:29 PM
    +1000000000000000000

DUDE STOP COMPARING MICROMAX and KARBONN to Nokia or any other reputable brand.

Yeah sorry I forgot Nokia X didn't run 4.4. But I am talking about apps, they run fine. I've seen my teacher play games on her Nokia X with ease.

If you scroll too fast using a 520 in the comments section of WPCentral, or myTube, or many other apps your content dissapears.

Apps do stutter on low end hardware, so does the UI.
    08-24-2014 02:32 PM
    So you ssupport this statement then give me an eexample an app or game which need 1GB RAM in Android but can easily run onWP 512MB RAM devices.

I can also made video to show that WP takes more than 10 secs to play music and open game hub and video.
    The reason for some games(Apps don't use more than 512mb) needing more than 512 Mb on WP and not on Android is for to developers using unity to convert Android games to WP. I bet if a developer coded for WP natively, out wouldn't need 1 GB ram, rather it would need 1 GB on Android. Correct me if I'm wrong.

DUDE STOP COMPARING MICROMAX and KARBONN to Nokia or any other reputable brand.

Yeah sorry I forgot Nokia X didn't run 4.4. But I am talking about apps, they run fine. I've seen my teacher play games on her Nokia X with ease.

If you scroll too fast using a 520 in the comments section of WPCentral, or myTube, or many other apps your content dissapears.

Apps do stutter on low end hardware, so does the UI.
    Micromax is the second largest Android OEM in India, after Samsung, and all their phones run stock Android. So why not use them in a comparison?
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 08-24-2014 at 11:03 PM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-24-2014 02:32 PM
    The reason for some games(Apps don't use more than 512mb) needing more than 512 Mb on WP and not on Android is for to developers using unity to convert Android games to WP. I bet if a developer coded for WP natively, out wouldn't need 1 GB ram, rather it would need 1 GB on Android. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Then the resources hungry OS is WP not Android.

Apps also need more RAM.
    Check the new Live Lock screen app.
    It perform quite better in 1GB RAM.
    08-24-2014 02:37 PM
    Windows phone has seamless integration with my Windows 8.1 PC ๐Ÿ’ป. My contacts,Xbox scores, email ๐Ÿ“ง, drafts, OneNote, word documents, start screen theme, settings, internet explorer favorites, history, recent tabs, playlists, everything gets synced wirelessly. That is a feature which no OS has now currently.
    Uhmm nope. My Chrome bookmarks get synched, so does my Google Keep, Google documents, how does music sync exactly? I didn't understand the last part.

Plus a lot of the services you are talking about are on Android as well and sync just as good.

And Apple offers pretty much the same integration with Mac, so other OSes do have this.

WP also has inbuilt Microsoft Office ๐Ÿข for free, which currently no other OS has.
    Uhmm Office is free on Android and iOS.

No, this isn't true. While Windows Phone UI is very fast and smooth, apps inefficiently use memory and that's why games don't run on 512 MB RAM.

Unity has no play in this.
    08-24-2014 02:38 PM
    Hey guys don't ever think of talking great about low end android.low end android are pain in the neck compared to wp low end.android is os for high end.only if u buy nexus or other high end you can Enjoy android.otherwise low end especiallyin India are like use nd throw.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    08-24-2014 02:58 PM
    Hey guys don't ever think of talking great about low end android.low end android are pain in the neck compared to wp low end.android is os for high end.only if u buy nexus or other high end you can Enjoy android.otherwise low end especiallyin India are like use nd throw.

Dude use a quality low end Android device, like Moto G.
    08-24-2014 03:02 PM
    Dude use a quality low end Android device, like Moto G.
    Well I here meant Samsung duos nd micromax nd lava karbonn. That too with 512 MB ram. They are only low end. Moto g is mid end.512 MB Rom jb devices are lag masters.they freeze nd make your life he'll.

Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-24-2014 03:08 PM
    Well I here meant Samsung duos nd micromax nd lava karbonn. That too with 512 MB ram. They are only low end. Moto g is mid end.512 MB Rom jb devices are lag masters.they freeze nd make your life he'll.

I've used them, they aren't that terrible. People don't mind using TouchWiz for the lag as long as they get the extra features they like.

Moto G is not mid-end it's low end, Moto E is even cheaper and offers good performance.
    08-24-2014 03:13 PM
    from the original post, you listed some "limitation" of WP as well...

apps in WP 8.1 that was written in WinRT won't close if you press back button; it'll be suspended (check the calendar app)

and piracy is present in every ecosystem...
    I've already seen at least one site that provides cracked .xap or .appx...
    but then again, you need to go through dev-unlocking your phone with all its risk to install it

as for Skype, you got to admit it's terrible, even worse when you're in a slow network area like Indonesia which has no 4G widely available -_-

to salmanahmed: Moto G is not low end, it's lower-mid end
    elmacho likes this.
    08-24-2014 03:46 PM
    from the original post, you listed some "limitation" of WP as well...

apps in WP 8.1 that was written in WinRT won't close if you press back button; it'll be suspended (check the calendar app)

and piracy is present in every ecosystem...
    I've already seen at least one site that provides cracked .xap or .appx...
    but then again, you need to go through dev-unlocking your phone with all its risk to install it

as for Skype, you got to admit it's terrible, even worse when you're in a slow network area like Indonesia which has no 4G widely available -_-

to salmanahmed: Moto G is not low end, it's lower-mid end
    Try Moto E then. -.-
    08-24-2014 03:50 PM
    I think that those 512 mb wp8 phone do lag. Just that it's masked.
    When android open an app, it just lag and open.
    When wp8 open an app, it shows loading, and open. This makes it feels smooth

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    prasath1234 likes this.
    08-24-2014 06:56 PM
    frankly these "limitations" are a fad and do more harm to battery and performance
    id stick to wp or even ios
    wp is underhyped
    08-24-2014 09:59 PM
112 1234 ...