08-25-2014 02:55 PM
112 12345
tools
    I am surprised, no one has mentioned one key differentiator here : My data. Your data. Our data.

Google is an advertising company, not a software giant. Apple and Microsoft as software giants, they make money from coding. Google makes money from advertising and selling. Android is probably not resource hungry but it is data hungry. It wants all my data. It wants to sell it all. It wants to mine it. It wants to read it. It wants to make money from it. Each handset that you boast about with abundant features in it that probably 80% of Android users don't even care about or know about, is a walking data mining machine for Google. WP or iPhone isn't.

I can do with about 500,000 less apps on my phone, about 50 less features on my phone and even masked lag on my phone, as long as no one reads my emails, no one mines my document data and no one wants to sell my information so that they can sell even cheaper version of their phone to screw with more lives and their privacy.
    08-25-2014 12:09 AM
    I am surprised, no one has mentioned one key differentiator here : My data. Your data. Our data.

Google is an advertising company, not a software giant. Apple and Microsoft as software giants, they make money from coding. Google makes money from advertising and selling. Android is probably not resource hungry but it is data hungry. It wants all my data. It wants to sell it all. It wants to mine it. It wants to read it. It wants to make money from it. Each handset that you boast about with abundant features in it that probably 80% of Android users don't even care about or know about, is a walking data mining machine for Google. WP or iPhone isn't.

I can do with about 500,000 less apps on my phone, about 50 less features on my phone and even masked lag on my phone, as long as no one reads my emails, no one mines my document data and no one wants to sell my information so that they can sell even cheaper version of their phone to screw with more lives and their privacy.
    Because nobody cares except few users who don't know how this world works.

MS also read and scan your Info.

we had several thread on this.
    Never trust American & Chinese companies.

Better not trust any company with your data.

To be honest I do not care privacy.

Because their is always someone tracking you.
    You visit website it tracks you.
    You cellular company also tracks and record your phone calls.

And this all done by machine.
    So why do you care that some machine record your data and select ads on that basis.
    08-25-2014 01:18 AM
    IOS
    - Closed, limited and premium all around (often without reason except forcing you to spend more)
    - Abundance of good apps (at a price)
    - Smooth and subject to frequent updates (with the UI never changing its childish looks anyways)
    - UI is boring
    - Once you go Apple all what you do must happen in Apple universe. Not good for people affected by claustrophobia.
    - Relatively secure
    - One single, unified platform (no fragmentation)
    - Not enough customizable

Android
    - "OPEN" (So to say)
    - Abundance of apps (many of which are trash)
    - Rarely smooth since day one. Tends to slow to unbearable levels after a while (startup is a nightmare on all my Androids after one year or so)
    - Security and privacy with Google are like the Bigfoot...everyone talks about it but no one has ever seen it and when a picture shows...worry not...it's blurred. Android is the same. (3 recorded attempts to steal personal data from a third party keyboard, which is also a very good keyboard by the way; compass apps asking to see your SMS, photocamera apps asking to see your mom's bra size and so forth)
    - Platform is fragmented. Support ends quick (based on country, operator, manufacturer look how many levels you have....) and you spent a good bunch of money to use a device that gets old in no time (my WP got 3 updates in less than one year.....it's true they add 1 function at a time and advertise it like the next big thing everyone else has had for a decade. Perhaps they fear they may run out of new functions so they add them once at a time....).
    - Platform is completely integrated. Sharing is a breeze and sharing option add up as you install new apps (sharing to pocket/instapaper is everywhere, sharing to messaging clients of third parties is there and is a complete list in most apps
    - Split screen in big screen devices really boosts productivity
    - Choice of key apps allows everyone to create a phone that's cut for your needs.
    - Customizations are deep and infinite (try something like Themer to understand what i mean). Widgets, background, icons etc. There is a genuine chance to create a device like no one. You manage to fit all what you need in one single home page if you really want
    - Really good maps. You find what you need and distances and times are pretty much accurate. They take you to the place at least in my place.

WP
    - A midway between Android and Apple in terms of openness (Windows Mobile was much better than them all and i know someone may find this statement daring).
    - API are closed and limited (opening now) with devs reluctant to invest time and money in APIs that limit software potentialities. This reflects in market and app quality. Deep scarcity and quality of good apps is a key issue for WP.
    - UI is very nice. However limitations in customization (colors first inline), make it boring after a while. This has been partly fixed in 8.1 but still doesn't feel right. Lack of three row tiles makes the biggest tiles look small on devices like 1520. Of course the 3 tiles may come as new function in 3 or 4 years.
    - Lack of very basic functions (Keyboard inputs, complete sharing functions showing and adding automatically new apps that can share in browser, messaging clients, photo apps, proper multi mail account, Office not letting you edit files, and many other basic things that now escape my memory) it's all missing. Even file managers are terrible (In some you have to manually add the directories to be scanned...and they are sold at a price, too).
    - Lack of real choice. Example is browsers. You can download them all and you notice them all have the same UI more or less, same functions (or lack thereof) etc. It's like a Soviet method where you make ten types of cars with different brands but they are all licensed by one single manufacturer and they all look the same....except for some details. This not only makes UIs boring. It also drags issues of original app onto all the others.
    - Market is a show. You make a search for A and get 10 results for A and 200.000 for all other unrelated items you don't need. Two thousand apps carry the same or similar name, some even same icons in different sizes (Telegram messaging copies for example but there are tons of those, games in particular). 80% of what you find in the market is unusable for one reason or the other. I am amazed at how Microsoft allows this to happen. Setting language to one particular region (ex. China or Taiwan to mention a few) shows this even more with a situation can be called but hilarious (or sad depending on your mood).
    - OS is smooth to an excess, a pleasure to use for real
    - Updates are frequent but never bear real innovation or massive changes nor solve basic issues (Keyboard input for Traditional Chinese with Pinyin was requested since 2011 and that request reiterated several times without Microsoft ever caring). Every update boasts one or two big changes at max.
    - Total lack of changelogs for lots of apps and OS. You never know what's been added or removed. It makes you feel lost in space. MSFT programmers must be lazy at tech writing.

BB
    The underdog. I consider it to be one of the best, most secure OS' installed on inadequate devices with RIM having missed the train of full screen devices and phablets (and somewhat still confused about it). The day BB does a good phablet i'll throw myself on it.
    - Compatible with Android apps (and with basic security measures to check those apps)
    - Stable OS designed for business
    - Dedicated servers with real security in place. Not perfect but better than all others.
    - Professional UI designed for business and communication (unlike the Hello Kitty feeling o iOS and Android).
    - Lack of apps
    - Lack of appealing devices (who really wants those small screens with a hardware keyboard today?).
    - Lack of customization

It's not an exhaustive list of my thoughts but i have no time and found this thread interesting.

I'd love to own a BB that has a 6" screen with the possibility to add the few Android apps i need to be productive.
    Last edited by EC Translating Services; 08-25-2014 at 04:46 AM.
    08-25-2014 02:24 AM

BAM you sir hit the nail on the head!! my thoughts exactly
    :))

IOS
    - Closed, limited and premium all around (often without reason except forcing you to spend more)
    - Abundance of good apps (at a price)
    - Smooth and subject to frequent updates (with the UI never changing its childish looks anyways)
    - UI is boring
    - Once you go Apple all what you do must happen in Apple universe. Not good for people affected by claustrophobia.
    - Relatively secure
    - One single, unified platform (no fragmentation)
    - Not enough customizable

Android
    - "OPEN" (So to say)
    - Abundance of apps (many of which are trash)
    - Rarely smooth since day one. Tends to slow to unbearable levels after a while (startup is a nightmare on all my Androids after one year or so)
    - Security and privacy with Google are like the Bigfoot...everyone talks about it but no one has ever seen it and when a picture shows...worry not...it's blurred. Android is the same. (3 recorded attempts to steal personal data from a third party keyboard, which is also a very good keyboard by the way; compass apps asking to see your SMS, photocamera apps asking to see your mom's bra size and so forth)
    - Platform is fragmented. Support ends quick (based on country, operator, manufacturer look how many levels you have....) and you spent a good bunch of money to use a device that gets old in no time (my WP got 3 updates in less than one year.....it's true they add 1 function at a time and advertise it like the next big thing everyone else has had for a decade. Perhaps they fear they may run out of new functions so they add them once at a time....).
    - Platform is completely integrated. Sharing is a breeze and sharing option add up as you install new apps (sharing to pocket/instapaper is everywhere, sharing to messaging clients of third parties is there and is a complete list in most apps
    - Split screen in big screen devices really boosts productivity
    - Choice of key apps allows everyone to create a phone that's cut for your needs.
    - Customizations are deep and infinite (try something like Themer to understand what i mean). Widgets, background, icons etc. There is a genuine chance to create a device like no one. You manage to fit all what you need in one single home page if you really want
    - Really good maps. You find what you need and distances and times are pretty much accurate. They take you to the place at least in my place.

WP
    - A midway between Android and Apple in terms of openness (Windows Mobile was much better than them all and i know someone may find this statement daring).
    - API are closed and limited (opening now) with devs reluctant to invest time and money in APIs that limit software potentialities. This reflects in market and app quality. Deep scarcity and quality of good apps is a key issue for WP.
    - UI is very nice. However limitations in customization (colors first inline), make it boring after a while. This has been partly fixed in 8.1 but still doesn't feel right. Lack of three row tiles makes the biggest tiles look small on devices like 1520. Of course the 3 tiles may come as new function in 3 or 4 years.
    - Lack of very basic functions (Keyboard inputs, complete sharing functions showing and adding automatically new apps that can share in browser, messaging clients, photo apps, proper multi mail account, Office not letting you edit files, and many other basic things that now escape my memory) it's all missing. Even file managers are terrible (In some you have to manually add the directories to be scanned...and they are sold at a price, too).
    - Lack of real choice. Example is browsers. You can download them all and you notice them all have the same UI more or less, same functions (or lack thereof) etc. It's like a Soviet method where you make ten types of cars with different brands but they are all licensed by one single manufacturer and they all look the same....except for some details. This not only makes UIs boring. It also drags issues of original app onto all the others.
    - Market is a show. You make a search for A and get 10 results for A and 200.000 for all other unrelated items you don't need. Two thousand apps carry the same or similar name, some even same icons in different sizes (Telegram messaging copies for example but there are tons of those, games in particular). 80% of what you find in the market is unusable for one reason or the other. I am amazed at how Microsoft allows this to happen. Setting language to one particular region (ex. China or Taiwan to mention a few) shows this even more with a situation can be called but hilarious (or sad depending on your mood).
    - OS is smooth to an excess, a pleasure to use for real
    - Updates are frequent but never bear real innovation or massive changes nor solve basic issues (Keyboard input for Traditional Chinese with Pinyin was requested since 2011 and that request reiterated several times without Microsoft ever caring). Every update boasts one or two big changes at max.
    - Total lack of changelogs for lots of apps and OS. You never know what's been added or removed. It makes you feel lost in space. MSFT programmers must be lazy at tech writing.

BB
    The underdog. I consider it to be one of the best, most secure OS' installed on inadequate devices with RIM having missed the train of full screen devices and phablets (and somewhat still confused about it). The day BB does a good phablet i'll throw myself on it.
    - Compatible with Android apps (and with basic security measures to check those apps)
    - Stable OS designed for business
    - Dedicated servers with real security in place. Not perfect but better than all others.
    - Professional UI designed for business and communication (unlike the Hello Kitty feeling o iOS and Android).
    - Lack of apps
    - Lack of appealing devices (who really wants those small screens with a hardware keyboard today?).
    - Lack of customization

It's not an exhaustive list of my thoughts but i have no time and found this thread interesting.

I'd love to own a BB that has a 6" screen with the possibility to add the few Android apps i need to be productive.
    you too!! totally agree with you!!

So why do you care that some machine record your data and select ads on that basis.
    why does a camera app want to make phone calls etc? bit fishy no?

Windows Phone stutters as well if you have low-end hardware.

People bought Nokia X didn't they? It had 512 MB RAM, no one really regretted doing so.

It's a myth that Windows Phone is less resource hungry than Android, Android is a much faster OS that what it used to be.

But I had an HTC Explorer it was a 609 MHz 512 MB RAM device and I got Android 4.4.4 on it, it could play everything smoothly except for a few apps and games.
    not really
    wp is actually better optimised,infact even BB10 and ios are better optimised than android

Attachment 78261

This one of my most loved features about Android, individually swipeable, interactive expandable notifications.

No other OS does this. :)
    it clutters more and reduces battery life imho

Didn't see any lag & freeze in Lg Optimus L5 2.

But WP do struggle and lag in simple task as playing music
    not true ive seen more androids lagging whereas even a 520 can handle games wayy better
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 08-25-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    maka1105 likes this.
    08-25-2014 04:51 AM
    There are very less number of individuals who really like to share their private lives for free stuff. Why do I care if Google scans through my email? Because they are MINE. Not Google's.

Microsoft doesn't scan through my Outlook emails. Google scans through Gmail so that I get spammed. Selling of personal data is totally different than just a random machine recording or tracking via installation of cookies on your laptop. I really do not want to claim a particular nationality of business to be dodgy, think you should refrain too. Tracking me is different than selling me.
    Karthik Naik, elmacho and maka1105 like this.
    08-25-2014 05:09 AM
    from the original post, you listed some "limitation" of WP as well...

apps in WP 8.1 that was written in WinRT won't close if you press back button; it'll be suspended (check the calendar app)

and piracy is present in every ecosystem...
    I've already seen at least one site that provides cracked .xap or .appx...
    but then again, you need to go through dev-unlocking your phone with all its risk to install it

as for Skype, you got to admit it's terrible, even worse when you're in a slow network area like Indonesia which has no 4G widely available -_-

to salmanahmed: Moto G is not low end, it's lower-mid end
    the apps which are suspended are the newer 8.1 optimised apps thats why they dont close with back key

There are very less number of individuals who really like to share their private lives for free stuff. Why do I care if Google scans through my email? Because they are MINE. Not Google's.

Microsoft doesn't scan through my Outlook emails. Google scans through Gmail so that I get spammed. Selling of personal data is totally different than just a random machine recording or tracking via installation of cookies on your laptop. I really do not want to claim a particular nationality of business to be dodgy, think you should refrain too. Tracking me is different than selling me.
    ^^totally agreed plus googles terms and conditions literally states that they own your data (google drive)
    maka1105 likes this.
    08-25-2014 05:10 AM
    When people say wp with 512mb = android with 1gb, they should also mind that there's hardly any android that comes with 512mb ram (not even in low end) where as windows phones are still shipping with that, so it makes no difference.
    08-25-2014 06:18 AM
    When people say wp with 512mb = android with 1gb, they should also mind that there's hardly any android that comes with 512mb ram (not even in low end) where as windows phones are still shipping with that, so it makes no difference.
    Hey nit everyone will upgrade to moto g or moto e.I talk about devices which are old like Samsung s duos or micromax 512 MB devices are still there in android.I here meant about 1 year old devices.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-25-2014 06:30 AM
    I would Moto G is not lower mid end is totally mid end phone
    08-25-2014 06:32 AM
    Ya that's the reason wp is looking market share think Rs 10,000 Asus zenphone 5 which looks attractive gives you 2 GB ram nd that xiaomi Mi 3 .now android in the low end have become great competitive so wp no doubt have to make bang for buck device otherwise it is lose for wp.

08-25-2014 06:39 AM
    These low cost high specs Chinese phones in Asia would be the death of everything. Even Samsung has started to struggle to compete with them. Since, they all come with android, windows phone's future is starting to look even more bleak. If Microsoft is looking to compete at budget range in these markets, they have to be better than them all in the same price otherwise there is very less hope for them.
    08-25-2014 07:01 AM
    Hey nit everyone will upgrade to moto g or moto e.I talk about devices which are old like Samsung s duos or micromax 512 MB devices are still there in android.I here meant about 1 year old devices.

I'm not just targeting you, Its a pretty common argument people make which makes no sense to me.
    08-25-2014 07:04 AM
    These low cost high specs Chinese phones in Asia would be the death of everything. Even Samsung has started to struggle to compete with them. Since, they all come with android, windows phone's future is starting to look even more bleak. If Microsoft is looking to compete at budget range in these markets, they have to be better than them all in the same price otherwise there is very less hope for them.
    Or when those Chinese manufacturers start making windows phones too.
    DoctorSaline likes this.
    08-25-2014 07:07 AM
    Or when those Chinese manufacturers start making windows phones too.
    if that happens, that will propel our platform to new heights. But problem is OEMs go for what is popular and right now android is more popular.
    girishN likes this.
    08-25-2014 07:13 AM
    Limitations of IOS
    No fm.
    No nfc.
    No SD card support.
    No file manager.
    No MTP.
    No micro USB.
    No wireless charging.
    No notification led/glance/dot view.
    No sunlight readability.
    No option for removable battery.
    Price is too to high.
    No camera button.
    No double tap to wake.
    No inbuilt office for free.
    Text prediction is not present(They just recently added it after 7 YEARS lol)
    Have to sync everything through iTunes,no pnp.
    Can't manual adjust screen tone and coolness(Not available in Android also, only WP has it.)

My $20 Nokia dumb phone has an SD slot,fm, file manager. Can't see how the fruit company missed this in a $500 phone.
    Last edited by S Vaibhav; 08-25-2014 at 07:48 AM.
    DoctorSaline and Karthik Naik like this.
    08-25-2014 07:20 AM
    if that happens, that will propel our platform to new heights. But problem is OEMs go for what is popular and right now android is more popular.
    Ya I don't understand oem attitude of competing in price war. With android os.anyway once android becomes smooth in low end people will grab it ahead of wp.but that will not happen even in wildest dream. Because android is resource hungry nd you need to spend minimum 400 $ to enjoy lag free experience.

Karthik Naik and S Vaibhav like this.
    08-25-2014 07:23 AM
    Then the resources hungry OS is WP not Android.

Apps also need more RAM.
    Check the new Live Lock screen app.
    It perform quite better in 1GB RAM.
    Read my statement again.

The live lockscreen app is in BETA. Do you understand the meaning of that word? :-o
    Last edited by S Vaibhav; 08-25-2014 at 07:40 AM.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-25-2014 07:23 AM
    Read my statement again.

Three live lockscreen app is in BETA. Do you understand the meaning of that word? :-o
    Yeah, and it hasn't been updated since it was published.

Ladies and gentlemen, the age-old problem of optimization.
    08-25-2014 07:26 AM
    Totally agree. That is why I don't understand all of the negative against the NSA whose job it is to spy. Consumers are hurt by companies who have been tracking us for a decade in order to do business or spread their advertisements and in the process our id and other personal data get stolen which can and do ruin our freedom. I have no interest in trying to stop or limit the NSA from functioning because they one of our best hopes of catching terrorist and their plots against the people of this country both especially inside as well as outside.
    08-25-2014 07:28 AM
    Uhmm nope. My Chrome bookmarks get synched, so does my Google Keep, Google documents, how does music sync exactly? I didn't understand the last part.

Plus a lot of the services you are talking about are on Android as well and sync just as good.

And Apple offers pretty much the same integration with Mac, so other OSes do have this.

Uhmm Office is free on Android and iOS.

No, this isn't true. While Windows Phone UI is very fast and smooth, apps inefficiently use memory and that's why games don't run on 512 MB RAM.

Unity has no play in this.
    For syncing with Google, you have to use chrome, download it and install it, and to access your contacts, you have to open the browser. The integration between Windows 8.1 and WP 8.1 beats that of Android+ Linux.

Apple doesn't offer the same level of integration that WP has since 2012. They only introduced Yosemite recently, and it's in BETA.

In Windows 8.1+ WP 8.1 combo, you can sync-
    Playlists
    -Contacts
    -text messages
    -Fb profile, messages
    -OneNote
    -Office docs
    -Project your phone screen on your PC
    -Email drafts, inbox, read and unread emails
    -Xbox live scores, avatar, achievements
    -Photos
    -Internet explorer tab sync, history favorites, recent tabs
    -videos
    -theme/accent color
    -wallpaper
    -PC settings
    -Wi-Fi password
    -Skype calls, contacts.
    -No need to enter tethering password if you have paired your phone with Bluetooth once. You can remotely turn internet sharing on using your PC.
    -And many more.......

You can't do this with Android or IOS.

Unity is used in apps like subway surfer, asphalt 8,etc. Browse the forums, many of our devs here can confirm it. Why, any longtime WPC user knows this. If asphalt 8 was coded natively for 512mb WP, using DirectX 11 API, it would beat Android easily. Can't help it if some developer is lazy enough to not do so.

Office is not free on Android and IOS, you need to sign in with an Office 365 subscription.
    Last edited by S Vaibhav; 08-25-2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Karthik Naik and DoctorSaline like this.
    08-25-2014 07:37 AM
    the main issue is lazy devs whatsapp is an example and reviewers who love android in a non healthy way
    S Vaibhav and DoctorSaline like this.
    08-25-2014 07:41 AM
    There is no official app on Android/IOS to project your screen on a computer 💻. WP can do this ^_^
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-25-2014 07:57 AM

Dude what is wrong with you? Google makes computer software and telecoms equipment.

If you have a problem with your privacy, you shouldn't be on the internet because you will be tracked no matter what.

E-mail isn't even as personal as your personal data which you store on OneDrive, and Microsoft does oversee what you upload to OneDrive.

If you really have that many issues with Gmail, use Outlook on your Android device, in fact the Outlook app is better than the Windows Phone version.

But stop spreading lies.

BAM you sir hit the nail on the head!! my thoughts exactly
    :))

you too!! totally agree with you!!

why does a camera app want to make phone calls etc? bit fishy no?

not really
    wp is actually better optimised,infact even BB10 and ios are better optimised than android

it clutters more and reduces battery life imho

not true ive seen more androids lagging whereas even a 520 can handle games wayy better
    Depends on what your definition of optimization is, TouchWiz isn't optimized but stock Android and HTC Sense is very optimized for many devices.

iOS could be more optimized than Android, but not Windows Phone. Definitely not Windows Phone.

If you have a problem with some camera app accessing your calls, don't use that camera app! There are thousands of other quality camera apps that don't ask for your calls.

They are called "Expandable Notifications" for a reason, you can also make them smaller for less clutter. But with that said expandable notifications is one of the best features of Android, most people agree with this.

Any proof to back up your statement bro?

Limitations of IOS
    No fm.
    No nfc.
    No SD card support.
    No file manager.
    No MTP.
    No micro USB.
    No wireless charging.
    No notification led/glance/dot view.
    No sunlight readability.
    No option for removable battery.
    Price is too to high.
    No camera button.
    No double tap to wake.
    No inbuilt office for free.
    Text prediction is not present(They just recently added it after 7 YEARS lol)
    Have to sync everything through iTunes,no pnp.

My $20 Nokia dumb phone has an SD slot,fm, file manager. Can't see how the fruit company missed this in a $500 phone.
    You can't simply compare your $20 Nokia device with an iPhone, maybe iPhone doesn't have a lot of the stuff you've mentioned.

But it has slow-mo 120 FPS, live filters, the screen works under sunlight, it has some of the best touchscreen response times, many sites say it is the best cameraphone ever(The Verge), the smoothest operating system and phone ever made and a lot more.

Best put iOS has the most polished applications, it gets apps first usually and gets great apps that no other platform gets to see, a lot of the same can be said for Android but not Windows Phone.
    Last edited by salmanahmad; 08-25-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    D M C likes this.
    08-25-2014 08:00 AM
    For syncing with Google, you have to use chrome, download it and install it, and to access your contacts, you have to open the browser. The integration between Windows 8.1 and WP 8.1 beats that of Android+ Linux.

Apple doesn't offer the same level of integration that WP has since 2012. They only introduced Yosemite recently, and it's in BETA.

In Windows 8.1+ WP 8.1 combo, you can sync-
    Playlists
    -Contacts
    -text messages
    -Fb profile, messages
    -OneNote
    -Office docs
    -Project your phone screen on your PC
    -Email drafts, inbox, read and unread emails
    -Xbox live scores, avatar, achievements
    -Photos
    -Internet explorer tab sync, history favorites, recent tabs
    -videos
    -theme/accent color
    -wallpaper
    -PC settings
    -Wi-Fi password
    -Skype calls, contacts.
    -No need to enter tethering password if you have paired your phone with Bluetooth once. You can remotely turn internet sharing on using your PC.
    -And many more.......

You can't do this with Android or IOS.

Unity is used in apps like subway surfer, asphalt 8,etc. Browse the forums, many of our devs here can confirm it. Why, any longtime WPC user knows this. If asphalt 8 was coded natively for 512mb WP, using DirectX 11 API, it would beat Android easily. Can't help it if some developer is lazy enough to not do so.

Office is not free on Android and IOS, you need to sign in with an Office 365 subscription.
    Dude obviously syncing will be better since both Windows Phone and Windows are made by Microsoft! But barely anyone likes Windows 8 and Windows Phone doesn't receive very positive reviews as well.

Google syncing isn't bad either plus you essentially have a lot of Microsoft's services on Android, so pretty much the same level of syncing is possible. I still use OneDrive a lot.

Office Mobile is free goddamit why do you keep saying it's not?

OpenGL is cross-platform and a lot of places on the internet say that it is much more powerful than DirectX. Especially on mobile it is preferred because it's on both iOS and Android.

This why you see extended effects on the Android version of apps. Asphalt 8 is terrible on the 520, it performs fast but closely resembles a PS2 type of game, even people at Techradar said this when they played Asphalt 8 on a Lumia 1520.

And Asphalt 8 isn't the only game people have reported that even 2D games don't look as good as the Android/iOS counteparts such as Geometry Dash.

Many other 3D games don't support advanced explosions or motion blur or the same levels of anti-aliasing.

Unity has no play in this, Unity is actually one of the best ways to design an app, especially because it supports C# which is the language used for Windows Phone app development(apart from C++).

Android and iOS have reached points where reviewers have said that you can't really decide which OS is better, it gets down to preferences but Windows Phone is nowhere near Android and iOS and no "expert" can say it is the best operating system.

There are some very nice advantages of Windows Phone but they are usually very minor and have replacements on Android/iOS.

the main issue is lazy devs whatsapp is an example and reviewers who love android in a non healthy way
    I would seriously like you to backup your statement with proof. Many reviewers I've seen such as Micheal Fisher from Pocketnow and Marques Brownlee from MKBHD have excessively praised Lumia devices for things that they are good at.

Micheal Fisher even uses a Lumia 1020 for himself.

What reviewers are biased exactly?
    08-25-2014 08:55 AM
    There is no official app on Android/IOS to project your screen on a computer 💻. WP can do this ^_^
    We'll you can project your screen to the PC in Android 4.4, it might not be as easy but nonetheless there is still a way.

Just as a sidenote if you have root access on your device you can also record your phone's screen by itself, which is pretty awesome.
    08-25-2014 09:06 AM
112 12345