Limitations of Android, IOS and other devices as compared to WP, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
As someone who uses a lot of image sharing sites I found some very annoying things about Windows Phone. First of all the 9GAG and imgur apps weren't available, but Rudy Huyn has done a good job with the 9GAG for Windows Phone.

Yet despite that many times whenever I would open a gif on my 520 it would become unresponsive or sometimes crash, the imgur replacement called "imgura" was just terrible. It had a nice UI but whenever you tried to open a large photo, it would instantly crash.

These performance issues solidify my point that phones at the low end side will not provide you with very good performance, be it Android or Windows Phone.

With that said those weren't my only issues. The default gallery app in Windows Phone 8 downscales images to 2048 x 2048, so whenever I saved a very wide or long image it would be a blurred mess in the gallery app, until you use an app like HD Photo Viewer or ZOOM.

These kinds of issues really hinder the Windows Phone experience.

And also the 9GAG app for Android is much much better, Imgur is also better.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Chinese and Taiwanese don't like WP. Chinese mix issues of nationalism/politics with gaps the OS has and don't think it's worth the bucks; Taiwanese run as soon as they see the tiles because "It's so complicated" (not my words, theirs each time i saw someone trying it). Plus, as i said for Taiwan it's also missing keyboard inputs many need (expats and Chinese users). It's not just about low cost. It's that the small issues the OS has in the West down East are deeply amplified. Would you spend so much to buy something that offers so little and you don't understand (They are often lazy at getting into new UIs, that's a real truth). You can lower the price...but if then they buy it and get lost with the UI and realize they can't do the same things they do with iPhone and Android they run after a few days (not even weeks....go to the shop...complain it's too difficult and misses stuff and get an Android or something else). This is real everyday show here.

I think MS understands this as evident from their work on Cortana alternative in China.
Ofcourse, it is a two fold war. They need to improve OS as much as they need stellar cheaper hardware. And that includes services(Bing maps, Bing search, XBox Music, Video etc) as well as UI, Languages, Dictionaries, Translations etc curated specifically for specific regions. They can also work with Chinese software engineers to work on their alternative Chinese services of Meibu and Badoo I think they are called? The real problem is China steadily trying to get away from American companies.
But they do need to implement this approach worldwide.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
For those of you who really don't want to be tracked by anybody and want the internet uncensored, even maybe access the deep web all without your data being almost untraced, you can get TOR.

1408984812503.jpg
1408984827553.jpg

Oh and guess what...it's not on Windows Phone.

Oh and to those of you who say OMG Android is so insecure and Windows Phone and Blackberry are the most secure, here is something you should read about:

http://lifehacker.com/how-secure-is-android-really-1446328680

It basically depends on how stupid you are, common sense is the best anti-virus and it's free.

People go and download .apks from unknown places and then start screaming when they get viruses.

Oh you should also read one more thing about security compared between Android, iOS, Blackberry and Windows Phone:

http://www.crn.com/news/mobility/30...vs-android-vs-blackberry-vs-windows-phone.htm

If you don't want to read all of that, I'll give you a quick rundown. It's a comparison between the most used operating system out there today, I know all of you think Windows Phone is one of the most secure(if not the most) secure OS out there, we'll simple answer is, it's not.

1408985835932.jpg

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
1408985866040.jpg

Another reason why I really love Android, it shows me the progress of my downloads in the notification tray, many apps like OneDrive and Google Play also show the time remaining for a download to complete.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I think MS understands this as evident from their work on Cortana alternative in China.
Ofcourse, it is a two fold war. They need to improve OS as much as they need stellar cheaper hardware. And that includes services(Bing maps, Bing search, XBox Music, Video etc) as well as UI, Languages, Dictionaries, Translations etc curated specifically for specific regions. They can also work with Chinese software engineers to work on their alternative Chinese services of Meibu and Badoo I think they are called? The real problem is China steadily trying to get away from American companies.
But they do need to implement this approach worldwide.
You sir have nailed it.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad
Now you have proved WP is bad and android is best.
Now Google will hire you as there market stagiest and your name will be written in gold in the Android's hall of troll.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
@salmanahmad
Now you have proved WP is bad and android is best.
Now Google will hire you as there market stagiest and your name will be written in gold in the Android's hall of troll.

Your post bears no relevance here, if you have anything in support of your favorite operating system, please present it.

And I've continually said that don't hate or think that Windows Phone is bad but it needs a lot of improvement.

Let me ask again, anything relevant to tell us?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
WP Have FM Radio, IOS doesn't

/thread

If one feature makes or breaks a phone/OS, then I could say Windows Phone doesn't have 120 FPS recording and simply end the argument.

You have to present logical reasons for why you think your favorite OS is best.

If I am not wrong you can listen to the radio on WiFi or 3G/4G.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Your post bears no relevance here, if you have anything in support of your favorite operating system, please present it.

And I've continually said that don't hate or think that Windows Phone is bad but it needs a lot of improvement.

I read all of previous comments but I would say you are free.
But we aren't.
You do search a particular topic which offends WP and post here. But who cares I would always buy an OS that's secure, doesn't lag, is independent of anti virus, GET REGULAR UPDATES, is a part of a big company etc.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
If one feature makes or breaks a phone/OS, then I could say Windows Phone doesn't have 120 FPS recording and simply end the argument.

You have to present logical reasons for why you think your favorite OS is best.

If I am not wrong you can listen to the radio on WiFi or 3G/4G.
You have to pay for a data plan, to listen to fm, while I can do that on my feature phone for free? Please be sensible.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
And I would like to say a feature is almost invisible if we doesn't use it
I mean to say there should be a discussion for only those feature which are usable.
A person will buy a phone only when it meets his criteria or he will move with crowd (it's a habit of almost every second person).

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site

See, you tell that you like WP, but the statements you make are extremely biased towards Android, and don't come off well. You say the verge says that iPhone is the best smartphone. Well, the verge is an extremely Apple biased site as everybody knows. Trek me honestly, is iPhone better than say, your nexus 5 or a Lumia 1520? No? Then since you know it, why write that statement? Also, this thread was created to generate the opinion of people actually using WP, not reviews from crappy apple worshiping sites. From your statements,I gather that you like Android much more than WP. The question is, what are you doing here? Also, you neglect to admit many facts which are against Android as wrong, you simply ignore them, or just shrug them off saying"that's not needed"

I still haven't forgotten when you asked why old people need a smartphone, what would they do with it. That's extremely insulting. You don't view things from the point of a normal consumer. He doesn't need gimmicks like 120fps video recording, rooting, custom rom, flashing updates manually, etc. They just need a phone that works, and for some casual apps and networking. Even corporate business don't use the features you mentioned.

You seem to think Google is king, and the world revolves around Android. Well, it does not.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
@Salman Ahmed
"But barely anyone likes Windows 8 and Windows Phone doesn't receive very positive reviews as well. "

Yeah right. You are saying this on....... WPCENTRAL.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I read all of previous comments but I would say you are free.
But we aren't.
You do search a particular topic which offends WP and post here. But who cares I would always buy an OS that's secure, doesn't lag, is independent of anti virus, GET REGULAR UPDATES, is a part of a big company etc.

What makes you guys, not free? I don't search particular articles that offend WP, I post logical concerns with the operating system.

I post internet searches to show people that they are wrong, when they post myths about Android.

You would always buy an OS that's secure, doesn't lag, is independent of anti virus, get regular updates and is part of a big company, wow you seriously narrowed down your preferences, your requirements are met by Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.

If you are trying to be sarcastic and say Android is laggy and insecure, I would recommend you pick up a Nexus 5 and read the article about security up there.

You have to pay for a data plan, to listen to fm, while I can do that on my feature phone for free? Please be sensible.

FM Radio isn't as popular as it once was. I remember when Galaxy Nexus didn't have FM a few years ago, many people mentioned it as a con of the device as time has passed FM has become less and less popular.

Considering that your car has FM, and your home is equipped with WiFi and a lot of people have 3G/4G it minimzes the use for dedicated FM Radio support.

Then again if FM Radio is *VERY* important for you, you can still find devices for it.

But consider this, a lot of the people that have an iPhone have more than $700 to spend on a phone, don't you think many of them will have a few dollars for 3G/4G every month?

Think about it logically.

+1000000000000000000000000000

You can easily go on to "+100000ing" him but a lot of what he says about me, applies to you as well.

I support Android and he's like will I get a job for it, you support Microsoft will you get a job for it? Think about it logically.

And stop attacking the person making the posts, try to counter the arguments I've made up there.

And I would like to say a feature is almost invisible if we doesn't use it
I mean to say there should be a discussion for only those feature which are usable.
A person will buy a phone only when it meets his criteria or he will move with crowd (it's a habit of almost every second person).

I used Lumia 520 for over eight months and I really didn't think that a lot of functionality was needed but when I moved back to Android I can no longer live without the amazing functionality, in both the UI and apps.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
@Salman Ahmed
Why can't I compare the iPhone with a dumb phone? It's a dumb phone for Christ's sake. And a smartphone would obviously have all the features of a dumb phone, would it not? Well, it doesn't seem to be the case with the 500$ "iPhone".

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
We'll you can project your screen to the PC in Android 4.4, it might not be as easy but nonetheless there is still a way.

Just as a sidenote if you have root access on your device you can also record your phone's screen by itself, which is pretty awesome.
Tell me how my dad can do it himself. He only has basic knowledge of computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)