Limitations of Android, IOS and other devices as compared to WP, and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't over see it, they have algorithms designed to catch objectionable content uploaded to their OneDrive server. Read the terms and conditions before signing up.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
@Salman Ahmed
Why can't I compare the iPhone with a dumb phone? It's a dumb phone for Christ's sake. And a smartphone would obviously have all the features of a dumb phone, would it not? Well, it doesn't seem to be the case with the 500$ "iPhone".

No. As time advances new technologies emerge, killing previous standards and new limitations also emerge.

The Nokia 3310 had battery that lasted for weeks, why does no smartphone last that long?

In short, no. Smartphones aren't supposed to have all features of a dumb phone.

@Salman Ahmed you obviously don't understand the unity thing. Even my 13 year old brother understands. I give up. Keep trolling.

Do you have experience as a developer? Have you ever designed an application, or more importantly a game? I know a Unity developer and I've played Unity games like Super Haxagon on Windows Phone, Unity is a very amazing way to design games for any platform.

And I believe that most apps such as Asphalt 8 or many of the EA games are not, I repeat not made in Unity, they just don't have extended graphical effects because no one cares about optimizing for DirectX on Windows Phone.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
90% of the people in India listen to fm. Radio 📻 mirchi is so popular here. Not only India, but in developing countries like south Africa, people really in fm as it is a free source of news. And even if a person is rich, does that mean a company has to remove basic features like an SD slot and fm? An fm chip costs like, $1? Apple can't put that in a 700$ phone? Think logically.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Dude what is wrong with you? Google makes computer software and telecoms equipment.

If you have a problem with your privacy, you shouldn't be on the internet because you will be tracked no matter what.

E-mail isn't even as personal as your personal data which you store on OneDrive, and Microsoft does oversee what you upload to OneDrive.

If you really have that many issues with Gmail, use Outlook on your Android device, in fact the Outlook app is better than the Windows Phone version.

But stop spreading lies.

Depends on what your definition of optimization is, TouchWiz isn't optimized but stock Android and HTC Sense is very optimized for many devices.

iOS could be more optimized than Android, but not Windows Phone. Definitely not Windows Phone.

If you have a problem with some camera app accessing your calls, don't use that camera app! There are thousands of other quality camera apps that don't ask for your calls.

They are called "Expandable Notifications" for a reason, you can also make them smaller for less clutter. But with that said expandable notifications is one of the best features of Android, most people agree with this.

Any proof to back up your statement bro?

You can't simply compare your $20 Nokia device with an iPhone, maybe iPhone doesn't have a lot of the stuff you've mentioned.

But it has slow-mo 120 FPS, live filters, the screen works under sunlight, it has some of the best touchscreen response times, many sites say it is the best cameraphone ever(The Verge), the smoothest operating system and phone ever made and a lot more.

Best put iOS has the most polished applications, it gets apps first usually and gets great apps that no other platform gets to see, a lot of the same can be said for Android but not Windows Phone.

why buy a phone from a shady spying company which wants to own your google drive data and allows malware on its OS while every other OS is secure
why download a million half baked/malicious third party app when windows phone natively has a wayy better app
google camera is a joke ,microsoft camera and nokia camera beat it by miles

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
No.

The Nokia 3310 had battery that lasted for weeks, why does no smartphone last that long?

Objection. You're comparing a 3310's battery to a smartphone battery. If I'm not mistaken you didn't have WiFi/data on all day on a 3310. You didn't have notifications from apps popping up every 2 minutes. You didn't rely on your phone for browsing on the go. It's a long list. But my point is that a 3310 stayed in the pocket for most of the day. No way can a smartphone battery hold up. I know this has nothing to do with the topic but hey...

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Even nexus 5,s4,s5, note 3 dont have fm? Fail. How come a Google manufactured phone comes without fm?

yeah they can add a high end IR blaster onto their phones but not a cheap FM chip,i mean even symbian phones like the N8 had an FM transmitter which could act like a portable FM station,suitable for older cars and stereos etc but the "mighty", expensive and feature filled android cannot even do that

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Tell me how my dad can do it himself. He only has basic knowledge of computers.

Hmm I'll tell you how your dad can do it, as soon as you tell me why your dad would want to it?

You can't download pics on the Gmail app on Android. Fail.

I seriously have no idea where you get your information from, I can save photos from Gmail, here's proof:

1408992685180.jpg

Microsoft doesn't over see it, they have algorithms designed to catch objectionable content uploaded to their OneDrive server. Read the terms and conditions before signing up.

We'll I could be wrong, I'll check this out. Thanks for correcting me.

But the other guy's concern was how Gmail was spied on, Outlook is also spied on the same way and Google isn't an advertising company.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
No. As time advances new technologies emerge, killing previous standards and new limitations also emerge.

Do you have experience as a developer? Have you ever designed an application, or more importantly a game? I know a Unity developer and I've played Unity games like Super Haxagon on Windows Phone, Unity is a very amazing way to design games for any platform.

And I believe that most apps such as Asphalt 8 or many of the EA games are not, I repeat not made in Unity, they just don't have extended graphical effects because no one cares about optimizing for DirectX on Windows Phone.

im a developer and i totally support S Vaibhav in terms of WP having an edge over android even if people havent seen it yet in large numbers

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hmm I'll tell you how your dad can do it, as soon as you tell me why your dad would want to it?

I seriously have no idea where you get your information from, I can save photos from Gmail, here's proof:

View attachment 78380

We'll I could be wrong, I'll check this out. Thanks for correcting me.

But the other guy's concern was how Gmail was spied on, Outlook is also spied on the same way and Google isn't an advertising company.

you cannot save all from google drive on the site,onedrive works much better

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

Your not wrong about the algorithms that Microsoft has put in place but Microsoft does still monitor data stored on OneDrive.

1408992905083.jpg

My point still stands, if you are such a privacy freak you shouldn't come close to a device with internet access.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Looks as though many are becoming irritated with this thread.

Discussion is always appreciated here on WPC (Windows Phone Central)
However these drives to defend other platforms become more political than helpful.

For the sake of solidarity and the good of the community this battle of words is done.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss