I love my Lumia 1520 but iPhone 5.5inch could be it

Uppgrayedd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have used Android for many years, HTC Desire Z, HTC Sensation, HTC One XL, Galaxy Note 2 and Note 3 then Lumia 920 and 1520 at present.

I have always bought the high end smartphones and i wish windows phone could have worked this problem I have. The issue of having low end, mid range and high end smartphones. Android does it and Windows Phone does it but Apple does not. What have you noticed? It's the quality of the apps, games especially. Because Android and Windows phone try and accommodate many devices with many specs, developers are forced to make apps that run on all device types including the low end ones which compromises the quality of the apps. The graphics are not as good as iPhone and is so because all iPhones are powerful devices for their OS's and app optimization for them is so easy.

I just wish there would be another company that does high end devices only so the qualities are not compromised. If the iPhone phablet does offer great battery life in ditchin my Lumia 1520 for it. Just because of the graphics of games on iOS.

Do you guys feel some features for Windows phone are being held back by the lower end devices that Microsoft tries to accommodate, LiveLock Screen for example, the app is being held back by them trying to optimize the code so it runs on 512MB devices. I'm sure many planned features have been removed just so this can happen. This makes me wanna jump to Apple. I stay on Windows though because of some of the unique features it offers and it looks promising

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think that's an excuse. Developers of iPhone apps only have to work with the iPhone, true, but the iPhone is a pretty weak device specs wise when you compare it to current Windows Phone flagships and even more weak when compared with Android's. So the developers could very well optimize their apps for 512MB phones and that wouldn't be a problem for higher end ones.

No, I think the problem with apps on Windows Phone is that developers simply don't want to waste time on such a small platform. So they put out half-backed apps. It has nothing to do with phones themselves as Android also has a ton of low end phones and the apps on Android are generally on pair with iOS (unless the developer is really biassed towards iOS).

Uppgrayedd

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Ah I still beg to differ if we compare the highest end game on iOS and one on Android you will notice iOS provide richer quality textures and experience basically with all their games. This thing of trying to accommodate for lower end devices compromises the overall quality

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo