If the L1520 and M8 were both released today, which would you go for? (unlocked versions)

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Okay guys, I'm gonna make a bit of an argument here.
After taking a look at the specs and review of the M8, I feel as though the L1520 is still more of a flagship than the mate is (In my opinion).
I don't think the M8 has much over the L1520. Really, the biggest deal I found about the M8 was the SD-801; but then again, thanks to the beautifully built operating system, there is hardly a difference in practically functionality (I know future advancement in technology might increase the gap, for example charging standards). But also, one can not deny the M8 5mp secondary camera's prowess over the L1520's 1.2mp

Personally, without any hesitation I would go for the L1520 with the following being my main reasons:
1. Battery (biggest advantage to any average user in my opinion)
2. Screen size (biggest advantage to a media/phablet lover)
3. 20mp camera
4. Nokia exclusives.

(Doubt: I'm unsure if the M8 features a glance screen. If it doesn't would be another reason not to go M8 for me.)

I would like to know the opinions of other members of the community. What do you think? Which would you go with? Why?

P.S:
This is in no way a post to criticize the M8. I think its a good device but just not better than the L1520 for me.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I could only choose between those two, i would go for the M8 because I just won't be able to manage the 1520. Size matters here.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would choose the L1520 but I've warmed up to the M8 so it would be close. The tiebreaker would be the camera of the L1520 and the fact that I've never owned a phablet so I'm curious if I would experience the "now that I've tried it, everything else looks like a toy" phenomenon.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
For me 5 inches is too small and 6 inches is a little wide for me to hold with 1 hand. If the Lumia 1520 had a better front-facing camera and the phone was 5.5 inches or so, it would be perfect for me. The processor is plenty fast enough. I'd be hesitant to buy the M8 because I'm concerned about lack of support/updates from HTC in comparison to Microsoft Mobile (former Nokia). HTC needs to prove their commitment to WP first. So I would choose the 1520 today and I happen to already have one.

Rawliglat x

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I would choose the L1520 but I've warmed up to the M8 so it would be close. The tiebreaker would be the camera of the L1520 and the fact that I've never owned a phablet so I'm curious if I would experience the "now that I've tried it, everything else looks like a toy" phenomenon.
Haha true. I guess I've always been more inclined to larger devices and my bigger hands makes it a plus.

If I could only choose between those two, i would go for the M8 because I just won't be able to manage the 1520. Size matters here.
If I may ask, is your current device the L1520? If yes, do you think that you can really transition back to a smaller device so easily?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I may ask, is your current device the L1520? If yes, do you think that you can really transition back to a smaller device so easily?

Oh no, if it was a 1520, I would have already sold it and picked up something more manageable. or be waiting to swap it out.

I currently have a 920, I think its about as big as I would like.

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I recently chose the Lumia 1520 since a) a great camera is important to me and b) I have also been a loyal Nokia customer over time...

...and am c) living in Europe and can't get the M8 anyhow :D

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
M8 probably.

The 1520 is GREAT and I prefer the specs of it to the M8 but it's too big for me at the gym. I love the size it's just that it's too uncomfortable to use at the gym..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss