09-17-2014 03:07 PM
73 123
tools
    @salmanahmad

About touchscreens, you replied to Karthik Naik that all the touchscreens originated from iPhones, you replied to me that iPhones were the first proper touchscreen phones. Do you even think while speaking? Also here are the images of the Android phones which look similar to an iPhone. I could find infinite results like these, if you couldn't find them, you just need to learn 'how to search'. Also world's 1st notification bar was on maemo, not Android /iOS / windows. Talking about innovation, we are not talking here about it. Androids success is also not due to its own creativity
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140910_0012.png   wp_ss_20140910_0013.png   according-technology-review-phone-looks-very-similar-.jpg   karbonn-k-phone-1-apple-iphone-5-lookalike-feature-phone-priced-___.jpg   china-iphone-5-lookalike-all-featured-android-smartphone.jpg  

micromax-canvas-knight-a350-black.jpg   iphone-look-alikes.jpg   think-they-may-have-similarities-but-also-have-plenty-___.jpg   meizu-m9ii-surfaced-looks-more-like-iphone-4-ipod-touch-remixed.jpg   ___-iphone-knockoffs-now-company-throws-out-its-another-iphone-clone.jpg  

galaxy-s-looking-curiously-similar-iphone-3gs-seems-like-___.jpg  
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-10-2014 11:47 PM
    umm no your wrong im sorry to say
    and this is going off topic
    http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/...phone-history/
    2003 is before 2009 im pretty sure
    you may have seen the next one on BB10
    http://static.digit.in/fckeditor/upl...kberry-hub.jpg
    but blackberry hub made a debut in bbos 4 wayy before android
    widgets
    http://static.freewaresymbian.net/da...7628_32186.jpg
    https://www.google.co.in/search?q=wi...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
    IR blaster-
    https://www.google.co.in/search?q=e5...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
    even app installs from a browser is from s40,s60,windows mobile and palm os
    the earliest waterproof phone i had owned-
    http://cdn0.mos.techradar.futurecdn....73d-420-90.jpg
    predictive typing-
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wY7dXHqP6eY/0.jpg
    battery monitor-
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/_mcEfLr7qw58/TT...C602000056.jpg
    I did *NOT* take it off-topic, it was for Windows Phone vs Android in terms of copying, you brought in a dozen other operating systems.

And the photo clearly say "NFC payments" not just NFC, Android is one of the first operating systems to introduce that years before iOS.

Blackberry Hub is vert different from a proper notification center, there are very slim chances that a notification centre originated from there, and I don't understand why you don't stick to your original argument? You said that *SYMBIAN* got it first, why bring Blackberry into this at all?

As far as predictive I don't see it happening on that phone, and battery stats and data stats on Android are way different from that simple widget.

1410449577301.jpg
    1410449585709.jpg

Yes the above two battery and data stats are what Windows Phone copied in Windows Phone 8.1, and iOS has copied as well. But still Android does it better than both of them(in most aspects).

The rest of the IR blaster and the other stuff may have originated in other phones, I didn't make that photo and the OP may have made a mistake, but just look at how much of that is made by Android.

@salmanahmad

About touchscreens, you replied to Karthik Naik that all the touchscreens originated from iPhones, you replied to me that iPhones were the first proper touchscreen phones. Do you even think while speaking? Also here are the images of the Android phones which look similar to an iPhone. I could find infinite results like these, if you couldn't find them, you just need to learn 'how to search'. Also world's 1st notification bar was on maemo, not Android /iOS / windows. Talking about innovation, we are not talking here about it. Androids success is also not due to its own creativity
    I would firstly like to apologize for not making myself clear enough, I didn't mean to say iPhone was the first touchscreen device but it initiated the revolution.

Prior to the iPhone there we're touchscreen devices (I've used them) but they weren't complete in one way or the other, and all the people around me that had used one of those older touchscreen devices simply left them.

Android was originally designed to be on phones with a Blackberry like form factor, because iPhone came out and Google saw that touchscreen devices had potential(so did Microsoft in a few years) and quickly updated their OSes to support touchscreens.

However no one knows what Android had, prior to Google purchasing it, it was a project started in 2003(if I am not wrong).

As far as Android devices having copied iPhone or iOS, I never denied that but your point was that Android gained most of it's popularity from copying iOS and iPhone, that was completely untrue.

And from the photos you've posted I would like to point out three things:

1) The first LG device of which you've posted a photo of, according to GSMArena, did *NOT* run Android.

2) A lot of these phones we're not launched during when Android started up(this was your original argument).

3) Many of these phones we're made by OEMs like Micromax, or other lesser known brands. The "lesser known brands" don't count because you said that Android gains its success originally from copying iPhone and iOS designs, these OEMs appeared later and WE'RE NOT very successful in promoting Android when they came out.

4) Some of the above photos are total nonsense, I mean the HTC One has so many differences from the iPhone. Just to name a few, camera placement, more metal, front firing speakers, two bars on the top and bottom back sides, etc.

5) One of the articles by Geek.com that says that iOS copied the lockscreen and multitasking from Windows Phone is total BS.

1410450088500.jpg

First of all, multitasking came from WebOS design, that's where Windows Phone and iOS copied it, here's a video:

Btw the lockscreens look very different, he just applied a similar wallpaper, but still it's different because of the camera shortcut, arrows on top and botton, clock placement, swipe right to unlock, etc.

If anything iOS 7 copied a little bit of design from Windows Phone, but in both iOS 7 and 8 it mostly copied from Android.

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple...-7-2013-6?op=1

And plus if you think that any OS got the notification center before Android, please show proof. And a notification center means not just notifications from one app, or notifications in an app, it should be a genuine pull down(or some other easy method) kind of notification center that displays notification from most(if not all) applications. If you both find to fail something like this, please stop trolling.
    09-11-2014 11:46 AM
    I did *NOT* take it off-topic, it was for Windows Phone vs Android in terms of copying, you brought in a dozen other operating systems.

And the photo clearly say "NFC payments" not just NFC, Android is one of the first operating systems to introduce that years before iOS.

Blackberry Hub is vert different from a proper notification center, there are very slim chances that a notification centre originated from there, and I don't understand why you don't stick to your original argument? You said that *SYMBIAN* got it first, why bring Blackberry into this at all?

As far as predictive I don't see it happening on that phone, and battery stats and data stats on Android are way different from that simple widget.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1410449577301.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	80601

Name:	1410449585709.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	80602

Yes the above two battery and data stats are what Windows Phone copied in Windows Phone 8.1, and iOS has copied as well. But still Android does it better than both of them(in most aspects).

The rest of the IR blaster and the other stuff may have originated in other phones, I didn't make that photo and the OP may have made a mistake, but just look at how much of that is made by Android.

I would firstly like to apologize for not making myself clear enough, I didn't mean to say iPhone was the first touchscreen device but it initiated the revolution.

Prior to the iPhone there we're touchscreen devices (I've used them) but they weren't complete in one way or the other, and all the people around me that had used one of those older touchscreen devices simply left them.

Android was originally designed to be on phones with a Blackberry like form factor, because iPhone came out and Google saw that touchscreen devices had potential(so did Microsoft in a few years) and quickly updated their OSes to support touchscreens.

However no one knows what Android had, prior to Google purchasing it, it was a project started in 2003(if I am not wrong).

As far as Android devices having copied iPhone or iOS, I never denied that but your point was that Android gained most of it's popularity from copying iOS and iPhone, that was completely untrue.

And from the photos you've posted I would like to point out three things:

1) The first LG device of which you've posted a photo of, according to GSMArena, did *NOT* run Android.

2) A lot of these phones we're not launched during when Android started up(this was your original argument).

3) Many of these phones we're made by OEMs like Micromax, or other lesser known brands. The "lesser known brands" don't count because you said that Android gains its success originally from copying iPhone and iOS designs, these OEMs appeared later and WE'RE NOT very successful in promoting Android when they came out.

4) Some of the above photos are total nonsense, I mean the HTC One has so many differences from the iPhone. Just to name a few, camera placement, more metal, front firing speakers, two bars on the top and bottom back sides, etc.

5) One of the articles by Geek.com that says that iOS copied the lockscreen and multitasking from Windows Phone is total BS.

Name:	1410450088500.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	80604

First of all, multitasking came from WebOS design, that's where Windows Phone and iOS copied it, here's a video:

Btw the lockscreens look very different, he just applied a similar wallpaper, but still it's different because of the camera shortcut, arrows on top and botton, clock placement, swipe right to unlock, etc.

If anything iOS 7 copied a little bit of design from Windows Phone, but in both iOS 7 and 8 it mostly copied from Android.

Apple Copied Android In iOS 7 - Business Insider

And plus if you think that any OS got the notification center before Android, please show proof. And a notification center means not just notifications from one app, or notifications in an app, it should be a genuine pull down(or some other easy method) kind of notification center that displays notification from most(if not all) applications. If you both find to fail something like this, please stop trolling.
    i even gave you proof
    battery stats is copied from symbian,first seen on the 5800XM
    symbian and windows mobile pretty much got all these things wayy before android
    android was started as a clone of symbian and ios etc,now people like you wont believe this for some reason
    how old are you? im asking because i dont think you were active in the symbian era or you would have known symbian better,serious question
    the arguement was android didnt "invent" NFC or a notif centre,other operating systems got it first
    if im not mistaken NFC Payments as you like to call it does have the word and technology nfc in it
    im sorry but this is ridiculous especially with the name calling you said for Psoham777
    calling someone fanboy ,troll etc is once again against the rules of this forum
    09-11-2014 02:49 PM
    @salmanahmad

I am sorry to say this, but from the start your arguments have been totally useless/pointless. If someone says some bitter truth about Android, you just can't swallow it. Can you? You just come up with your pointless /baseless arguments, post some images which you think you are giving some proof or something. For every damn thing you want a proof, are you an advocate or a judge, something that sort of who always runs behind proofs. You think if you don't know something, that thing doesn't exist. All my friends /neighbours / acquaintances or any other damn person I know using an Android phone, says that Android is just a mere copy of iOS, with many customization features, a more flexible OS as compared to iOS. That's it. Because they used Android when it came, they are the ones who tell me about those iPhone look alike Android phones. I thought the whole world knew about those Android phones which were a copy of iPhones or at least they looked quite similar to it, but you didn't. Even after posting several images, you deny them just by saying that companies like micromax doesn't count. Why doesn't it count when it makes iPhone look alike phones. In India, Micromax sales are huge, throughout Asia, Micromax is spreading like cancer & you say it doesn't count.(I posted htc one image by mistake). Karthik Naik was right when he said that you hadn't used Symbian phones or early devices. Talking about notification centre, maemo was the first one to have a pull down notification centre, not Android. If you want proof, just search through internet & even if you couldn't find it , then you better learn how to search. While searching about notification centre there are those thousands of BS sites who say about Android notification centre, but none of them say Android got it first, only some sites say that maemo got it first. & for the last time, multitasking was invented by webOS, but when windows got it even ios 7 got it, so my point was just that iOS multitasking now looks like Windows. & you say the site geek is BS because it says iOS copied windows. What the hell! At least that reviewer who has written that article has better knowledge than you do!

If you don't believe any of the above what I said, don't bother to argue any further. Whatever proofs you want, search it yourself, I am not here to do spoon feeding. I did that previously & the result were your totally baseless & pointless arguments
    Karthik Naik and SVaibhav like this.
    09-12-2014 01:02 AM
    i even gave you proof
    battery stats is copied from symbian,first seen on the 5800XM
    symbian and windows mobile pretty much got all these things wayy before android
    android was started as a clone of symbian and ios etc,now people like you wont believe this for some reason
    how old are you? im asking because i dont think you were active in the symbian era or you would have known symbian better,serious question
    the arguement was android didnt "invent" NFC or a notif centre,other operating systems got it first
    if im not mistaken NFC Payments as you like to call it does have the word and technology nfc in it
    im sorry but this is ridiculous especially with the name calling you said for Psoham777
    calling someone fanboy ,troll etc is once again against the rules of this forum
    That was *NOT* battery stats. The definition of stats or statistics is not a simple widget but more advanced analysis of data. Android got battery stats first, while Symbian may have gotten a battery widget first.

THESE ARE BATTERY STATS:

1410519251999.jpg
    1410519265180.jpg
    1410519275180.jpg

I did not say that Android invented NFC, I said that Android may possibly have been the first to implement payments directly through your phone via NFC, which Windows Phone and iOS will copy(or have already).

I never called the other guy names, I merely needed proof.

Android may have copied features from previous operating systems, but everyone(even Apple and Microsoft) have done that. Copying isn't nearly as big of a deal as you guys make it out to be.

@salmanahmad

I am sorry to say this, but from the start your arguments have been totally useless/pointless. If someone says some bitter truth about Android, you just can't swallow it. Can you? You just come up with your pointless /baseless arguments, post some images which you think you are giving some proof or something. For every damn thing you want a proof, are you an advocate or a judge, something that sort of who always runs behind proofs. You think if you don't know something, that thing doesn't exist. All my friends /neighbours / acquaintances or any other damn person I know using an Android phone, says that Android is just a mere copy of iOS, with many customization features, a more flexible OS as compared to iOS. That's it. Because they used Android when it came, they are the ones who tell me about those iPhone look alike Android phones. I thought the whole world knew about those Android phones which were a copy of iPhones or at least they looked quite similar to it, but you didn't. Even after posting several images, you deny them just by saying that companies like micromax doesn't count. Why doesn't it count when it makes iPhone look alike phones. In India, Micromax sales are huge, throughout Asia, Micromax is spreading like cancer & you say it doesn't count.(I posted htc one image by mistake). Karthik Naik was right when he said that you hadn't used Symbian phones or early devices. Talking about notification centre, maemo was the first one to have a pull down notification centre, not Android. If you want proof, just search through internet & even if you couldn't find it , then you better learn how to search. While searching about notification centre there are those thousands of BS sites who say about Android notification centre, but none of them say Android got it first, only some sites say that maemo got it first. & for the last time, multitasking was invented by webOS, but when windows got it even ios 7 got it, so my point was just that iOS multitasking now looks like Windows. & you say the site geek is BS because it says iOS copied windows. What the hell! At least that reviewer who has written that article has better knowledge than you do!

If you don't believe any of the above what I said, don't bother to argue any further. Whatever proofs you want, search it yourself, I am not here to do spoon feeding. I did that previously & the result were your totally baseless & pointless arguments
    I don't care about what people around you say, just because everyone says something doesn't mean that they are right. Didn't people believe at one time that the Earth was flat? Or that the Earth was stationary? Just because everyone says that DOES NOT make it true.

Moving on, your original argument was that Android gained success by copying iOS software and hardware and I admitted that along the way certain OEMs have copied it but Android still massively differed even from the beginning, Android's popularity could be attributed to all the extra features, openness, sharing, customization but NOT BECAUSE OEMS copied Apple day and night.

While Micromax may have become famous now, your original argument was that when Android came out it became popular because of the software and hardware resembling iPhone, Micromax isn't even relevant here because IT DIDN'T MAKE ANDROID PHONES WHEN ANDROID ORIGINALLY CAME OUT.

What you simply did was find every photo you found on the internet and say that they copied hardware and software, ONE OF THOSE PHONES WASN'T EVEN ANDROID, AND THE OTHER ONE(HTC ONE) LOOKED BARELY ANYTHING LIKE IPHONE.

Your "proofs" have been quite childish at best, I've proved you wrong several times.

Moving on I searched Maemo notification center, couldn't find anything.

1410519867228.jpg

This is why I am constantly asking for proof, because most of your statements have turned out to be false.
    09-12-2014 07:04 AM
    @salmanahmad
    About iPhone look alike phones, I've already said that I posted HTC one image by mistake. Talking about LG not running Android, it doesn't even matter, as at that time people used Symbian phones, Nokia dominated the market. You don't see those thousands of Android phones that look similar to iPhones, but only emphasize on that one phone. My original argument was that when early Android came, it looked like iOS & then Android pushed out updates to differentiate between the two! How many times have I said that? Hence today Android looks different to iOS. Even after giving you constant proofs that Android phones looked like iPhones, you didn't believe me, I even said that Samsung galaxy s2 & its counterparts were banned because it copied an iPhone. You wanted the proof, so I sent you all those useless images of Android phones looking like iPhones. If you think that those results were childish, you wanted them, you demanded for those childish results! & then you said Micromax didn't count, hence I said that Micromax was growing, I never said it had Android earlier. Its you who are changing topics, & then you argue in the same saying anything rubbish. & you are saying, you proved me wrong, totally BS!😒 . You were wrong from your 1st post. When I said in my earlier post that your arguments are totally pointless /baseless, I was surely correct. You don't even get a bit of what I say & you come up with your rubbish arguments.
    You don't care about what people say/think, is it? Its like those mad people in mental hospitals, they think they are the only smart ones in this world, rest all are fools, you think the same way
    09-12-2014 10:12 AM
    That was *NOT* battery stats. The definition of stats or statistics is not a simple widget but more advanced analysis of data. Android got battery stats first, while Symbian may have gotten a battery widget first.

THESE ARE BATTERY STATS:

Name:	1410519251999.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	80699

Name:	1410519265180.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	80700

Name:	1410519275180.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	80701

I did not say that Android invented NFC, I said that Android may possibly have been the first to implement payments directly through your phone via NFC, which Windows Phone and iOS will copy(or have already).

I never called the other guy names, I merely needed proof.

Android may have copied features from previous operating systems, but everyone(even Apple and Microsoft) have done that. Copying isn't nearly as big of a deal as you guys make it out to be.

I don't care about what people around you say, just because everyone says something doesn't mean that they are right. Didn't people believe at one time that the Earth was flat? Or that the Earth was stationary? Just because everyone says that DOES NOT make it true.

Moving on, your original argument was that Android gained success by copying iOS software and hardware and I admitted that along the way certain OEMs have copied it but Android still massively differed even from the beginning, Android's popularity could be attributed to all the extra features, openness, sharing, customization but NOT BECAUSE OEMS copied Apple day and night.

While Micromax may have become famous now, your original argument was that when Android came out it became popular because of the software and hardware resembling iPhone, Micromax isn't even relevant here because IT DIDN'T MAKE ANDROID PHONES WHEN ANDROID ORIGINALLY CAME OUT.

What you simply did was find every photo you found on the internet and say that they copied hardware and software, ONE OF THOSE PHONES WASN'T EVEN ANDROID, AND THE OTHER ONE(HTC ONE) LOOKED BARELY ANYTHING LIKE IPHONE.

Your "proofs" have been quite childish at best, I've proved you wrong several times.

Moving on I searched Maemo notification center, couldn't find anything.

Name:	1410519867228.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	80702

This is why I am constantly asking for proof, because most of your statements have turned out to be false.
    we have given you enough proof and you called us fanboy and troll etc(which is against forum rules once again and counts as name calling-not once but thrice) even though we gave you proof and you still raged on and on and were impolite to a bunch of us even though no one offended you but you did so thrice
    im not gonna give you further proof because it is obvious you havent used symbian,s40,windows mobile,meego,maeomo and the old bbos
    otherwise you wouldnt post as though android invented these things

about maemo heres proof
    Last edited by Karthik Naik; 09-12-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    09-12-2014 10:25 AM
    @salmanahmad
    About iPhone look alike phones, I've already said that I posted HTC one image by mistake. Talking about LG not running Android, it doesn't even matter, as at that time people used Symbian phones, Nokia dominated the market. You don't see those thousands of Android phones that look similar to iPhones, but only emphasize on that one phone. My original argument was that when early Android came, it looked like iOS & then Android pushed out updates to differentiate between the two! How many times have I said that? Hence today Android looks different to iOS. Even after giving you constant proofs that Android phones looked like iPhones, you didn't believe me, I even said that Samsung galaxy s2 & its counterparts were banned because it copied an iPhone. You wanted the proof, so I sent you all those useless images of Android phones looking like iPhones. If you think that those results were childish, you wanted them, you demanded for those childish results! & then you said Micromax didn't count, hence I said that Micromax was growing, I never said it had Android earlier. Its you who are changing topics, & then you argue in the same saying anything rubbish. & you are saying, you proved me wrong, totally BS!😒 . You were wrong from your 1st post. When I said in my earlier post that your arguments are totally pointless /baseless, I was surely correct. You don't even get a bit of what I say & you come up with your rubbish arguments.
    You don't care about what people say/think, is it? Its like those mad people in mental hospitals, they think they are the only smart ones in this world, rest all are fools, you think the same way
    1) Never called you a fool.

2) Never denied that certain OEMs have copied iPhone.

3) Didn't discredit Micromax. It's just that Micromax wasn't supposed to be in the argument at all because you said Android initial success was because of phones that looked like iPhone, Micromax launched Android phones way after the inception.

4) The photos you gave me, some of them we're made from companies barely anyone has heard of, like Karbonn or Babiken and iorgane. They might be popular in their own host countries but they hold very little representation of Android as a whole.

5) Original Android software vs Original iOS software:

1410532090868.jpg

If Google's updated their original Android just because they wanted it to look different from iOS, they didn't need to update it at all! Because it already looked so different!

6) Samsung is one of the only prominent companies that has been known to copy, it doesn't represent all of Android. Samsung also makes Windows Phone btw.

7) Android's success was *NOT* because Android looked like iPhone, nor because of hardware nor software. It may have accounted for a little bit of growth but it was definitely not the reason for why Android became so popular.
    09-12-2014 10:30 AM
    ^^not true,im afraid
    heres a site you should visit
    Stop copying Apple
    its an actual site shows who all copied who
    09-12-2014 11:00 AM
    ^^not true,im afraid
    heres a site you should visit
    Stop copying Apple
    its an actual site shows who all copied who
    Interestingly if you believe most of that stuff, it also applies to Windows Phone.

For example the article says that iOS introduced tap, hold and pin one app on another to create a folder.

That's how Android does it, and that's how Windows Phone has done it.

So the company you are defending(which is unclear) is also copying.

Apple also copies, everyone copies. It depends on the implementation and way that you do it. It also depends on which company is known for innovation.

Copying isn't such a big deal, like I've said countless times before. Everyone does it.
    09-12-2014 11:09 AM
    Interestingly if you believe most of that stuff, it also applies to Windows Phone.

For example the article says that iOS introduced tap, hold and pin one app on another to create a folder.

That's how Android does it, and that's how Windows Phone has done it.

So the company you are defending(which is unclear) is also copying.

Apple also copies, everyone copies. It depends on the implementation and way that you do it. It also depends on which company is known for innovation.

Copying isn't such a big deal, like I've said countless times before. Everyone does it.
    Finally, you admit android copies stuff not everyone copied android
    09-12-2014 11:17 AM
    Finally, you admit android copies stuff not everyone copied android
    IF THAT WAS THE ARGUMENT. I SAID THAT IN THE BEGINNING.

All OSes copy each other, Android was never an exception.

It depends on implementation and innovation, Android usually does that best followed closely by Apple, and sometimes Windows Phone pulls out something cool on occasion.
    09-12-2014 11:46 AM
    android=innovation? i dont think so,most of the time these "innovative" phones have other issues like lag,air gesture etc is unique on android ill give you that but my god samsung phones do lag alot
    android lacks quality and premium feel which ios and wp give out majorly,except maybe stock android but it feels bare and limited
    09-12-2014 02:22 PM
    android=innovation? i dont think so,most of the time these "innovative" phones have other issues like lag,air gesture etc is unique on android ill give you that but my god samsung phones do lag alot
    android lacks quality and premium feel which ios and wp give out majorly,except maybe stock android but it feels bare and limited
    Being more of an Android user, I know that Samsung has a laggy UI and most of it's features are gimmicky(not all of them though).

But Android does have very quality software apart from Samsung's TouchWiz(which is improving). The Sense UI made by HTC, or slightly moded Stock ROM by Motorola and Stock Android on Nexus are amazing.

And one of my cousins recently bought a Grand 2, the UI is pretty smooth despite the Grand being a Snapdragon 400 device and the only small stutters are in a few apps here and there.

Android, Windows Phone and iOS don't need very powerful processors or GPUs anymore.

It depends on your preferences, mostly.
    09-12-2014 03:20 PM
    Being more of an Android user, I know that Samsung has a laggy UI and most of it's features are gimmicky(not all of them though).

But Android does have very quality software apart from Samsung's TouchWiz(which is improving). The Sense UI made by HTC, or slightly moded Stock ROM by Motorola and Stock Android on Nexus are amazing.

And one of my cousins recently bought a Grand 2, the UI is pretty smooth despite the Grand being a Snapdragon 400 device and the only small stutters are in a few apps here and there.

Android, Windows Phone and iOS don't need very powerful processors or GPUs anymore.

It depends on your preferences, mostly.
    android still lags on lower hardware,that still hasnt changed
    even the battery life is still bad
    my friends S5 lags like a gif image,im a consumer i dont care if its touchwiz,sense UI etc i just know android isnt working properly on some expensive handsets and loads of mid and low range handsets
    09-12-2014 10:55 PM
    All OSes copy each other, agreed, but android copies more as compared to any other OS. say if iOS /windows copies 1 or 2 features(they are not of android), then Android copies 10 to 20 features which are from iOS/windows. Reason? Its an open source OS & a child's play to jailbreak it. Also different companies give different features & many of them don't mind copying iOS/Windows(that doesn't mean now Android looks like iOS or Windows). Hence they don't even mind if their phone looks like an iPhone. You have got so many updates from alpha to kit Kat, still android lags. My friends note 3 lags. Android is a power hungry OS, all the budget phones with lower processors lag & all the high end phones are the ones that do not lag(sometimes). Windows / iOS is not a power hungry OS, it runs smoothly on single /dual core processors. I have my old Lumia 710, which has only 1.4 GHz single core processor, still it runs buttery smooth(even when it had 1mb memory remaining it didn't lag) That's certainly not the case with android. Android phones are also not the most sturdy ones, but Nokia phones surely are. Android just has apps/games etc, but as an OS it lags. It lacks quality like ios/Windows. Android is surely a more power hungry OS as compared to iOS /windows. IPhones have the best touch response, Android comes last with windows on 2nd spot. Network data usage is maximum in Android, minimum in windows. There are many aspects where Android lags behind windows /iOS, which many people ignore
    09-13-2014 03:36 AM
    People need awareness of windows phone and BB10
    They don't understand the problems of ios and mostly android are non-existent on windows phone and BB10,as a phone I think android is at the bottom with WP at the top overall imho
    WP does what a phone should , we don't need multiple fake apps and malware and bad optimisation on a phone just customisation isn't enough
    We don't want a computer on our phones,we want a perfect phone which maybe in the future can do what computer os's can and Microsoft has proven one os for all without losing out
    Android feels neither here neither there
    It's bad on a TV set top box,laptop,netbook,tablets(nexus 7 to an extent is an exception) and a phone
    Windows NT core and RT running on all Microsoft devices and unix core on mac and ios have proven perfection which android doesn't match up to
    Android has its own pros but since that's all people seems to be aware of I'm not stating all of them still for the sake of being unbiased i must admit androids flexibility of roms,default apps can boost an older phones life span for a longer time,something wp7 lacked and hence many didnt even give wp8 a fair shot and switched to ios and android
    This time it's different Microsoft has kept pushing updates in a seamless manner for every device (dev preview for icon etc till they get cyan)
    Android fragmentation will always haunt it
    It probably will never change officially atleast,there's always cyanogenmod though
    09-13-2014 01:04 PM
    android still lags on lower hardware,that still hasnt changed
    even the battery life is still bad
    my friends S5 lags like a gif image,im a consumer i dont care if its touchwiz,sense UI etc i just know android isnt working properly on some expensive handsets and loads of mid and low range handsets
    Samsung has been giving Android a bad name in the industry for quite some time but judging an operating system by just one OEM, is not logical.

In the Windows Phone industry, say if I had bought an HTC 8S or Huawei Windows Phone just an year ago or a Lumia 810 and they lost support I could go rage on the internet and say "WP SUCKS!!!!"

But there are replacements in the market, the Lumia range is getting some pretty amazing support.

Similarly while some Android OEMs may not give updates, there is a solution. Motorola's low end devices have been getting pretty good updates, and with the Android ONE program launching soon it'll get better.

If you're friend's Galaxy S5 lags, he has replacements for example the HTC One, LG G3, Nexus 5 or a Motorola X. All of those devices are similarly priced, very fluid, etc.

As far as the low end side goes, go and watch Pocketnow's(one of your favorite reviewers) Moto G or E review, or Android Authority's speed tests. Those devices display that Android doesn't need beastly specifications to run like a BOSS. :D

Battery life is a subjective matter, it is hardware dependent and software as well. Many of the reviewers that(even those that are biased) agree that the records for the best battery lives usually go to Android handsets(not all of them, but specifc ones).

There are Windows Phones out there that people say have bad battery lives, Lumia 930 is an example.

All OSes copy each other, agreed, but android copies more as compared to any other OS. say if iOS /windows copies 1 or 2 features(they are not of android), then Android copies 10 to 20 features which are from iOS/windows. Reason? Its an open source OS & a child's play to jailbreak it. Also different companies give different features & many of them don't mind copying iOS/Windows(that doesn't mean now Android looks like iOS or Windows). Hence they don't even mind if their phone looks like an iPhone. You have got so many updates from alpha to kit Kat, still android lags. My friends note 3 lags. Android is a power hungry OS, all the budget phones with lower processors lag & all the high end phones are the ones that do not lag(sometimes). Windows / iOS is not a power hungry OS, it runs smoothly on single /dual core processors. I have my old Lumia 710, which has only 1.4 GHz single core processor, still it runs buttery smooth(even when it had 1mb memory remaining it didn't lag) That's certainly not the case with android. Android phones are also not the most sturdy ones, but Nokia phones surely are. Android just has apps/games etc, but as an OS it lags. It lacks quality like ios/Windows. Android is surely a more power hungry OS as compared to iOS /windows. IPhones have the best touch response, Android comes last with windows on 2nd spot. Network data usage is maximum in Android, minimum in windows. There are many aspects where Android lags behind windows /iOS, which many people ignore
    While I have countless times agreed that Android has copied features here and there. Most experts would disagree with you, Android has possibly copied the least compared to other operating systems around.

I can't believe people on the WPcentral forum who have no idea at all about what open source means and it's advantages and disadvantages.

Android being open source is one of the biggest benefits of the operating system, many of Android's innovations have come from what people had made in Custom ROMs.

You need to educate yourself on the definition of open source, the definition of rooting and jail breaking:

Rooting & Jailbreaking: Explained!:

Do you know what you can do if you root an Android device today? Over clock it, you can record the screen directly from the phone, improve battery life or performance by miles, get the latest version of Android, massive camera and/or video improvements, etc.

Being open source many of the features you see today in either iOS and Windows Phone originated from either Google itself, or those that rooted and made tweaks for Android devices.

Being open source does *NOT* mean that it makes it easier for Android to copy features, being open source and allowing modifications to be made is what makes Android the source of the most innovation in the tech industry.

I mean did you know where did the double tap to wake option came from? ROOT(custom ROMs to be more exact). And Nokia/Windows Phone found it pretty easy to copy that. Or maybe Android's sharing options? Windows Phone had no problem copying that. Or...copying notification centres with power toggles and swipeable notifciations...or battery stats and data/WIFI stats...or what about casting screens...tap to beam via NFC...multi volume control(media, ringtone, alarm)...what about storage stats, should I really go on?

While I could sit and argue with a knowledgeable iOS user all day(and I have) he could come up with some pretty good things that Apple made.

But I honestly don't see the argument that Windows Phone fans have, Windows Phone was launched many years later after Android and iOS, I mean they practically had to learn from mistakes of Android and iOS to be successful(which they still aren't) and obviously copied a lot of stuff(more than you can possibly imagine).

Maybe a Symbian user could even argue, but Windows Phone has brought very little to the table that it can call innovative.

Lag is a matter of how you see it. Android runs just as smoothly, in some aspects even smoother than Windows Phone if you have the latest iteration.

I agree that Samsung TouchWiz is very laggy, on low end and high end devices but you can't judge all Android devices based one a few OEMs that refuse that improve performance in their skins.

I had a single core 600 MHz 512 MB ram device called the HTC Explorer(Pico). Due to Android being open, it is still getting unofficial updates via Custom ROMs. I ran android 4.4 on it, and the 512 MB RAM optimization Google talks about it very real!

In fact I can confidentially say that my single core device running KitKat multitasking faster than my dual core Lumia 520 running Windows Phone 8.

Android isn't laggy, not is it incomplete. It's one of the most polished and fluid, and the most functional OS out there. And Android L is also putting it in a whole new level of sophistication, performance and beauty.

The Moto X, G and E also do an amazing job at showing off that you don't need to pay a premium price to get great performance in a great overall package.

You can't judge all Android devices nor all Nokia devices for being sturdy. My Lumia 520 had quite a bit of dents and scratches despite being in a cover for most of the time.
    I'm sure that Nokia had devices in the past that we're sturdy, but that doesn't mean all of them are. One of my friends dropped his 720 from pocket height and the screen straight up shattered, the same happened to my friend with a 920. I could even ask them for the photos if you want.

Durability also varies from phone to phone, but since Android is so versatile the "records" for strongest smart phones would probably be...Android.

You should search up the Kiocera Brigadier if durability is your main concern.

That's what Android is so special for, you need a phone of any specific type, you'll probably always find one tailored better towards your needs. I mean we even have waterproof devices!

As far as touch response times go, iOS was the king there for some time but it was bested by the Android One M8. Windows Phone was never at the top, nor is today. Here is a small speed/touch responsiveness test between Android and Windows:

Data usage depends purely on how you use your data, it has very little to do with OS. Android has certain mechanisms put in place to help you conserve data better.

Oh and did you know about the data usage stats? Which Windows Phone shamelessly copied.

1410636998837.jpg
    1410637022087.jpg

Maybe there are things which Windows Phone does better than Android, every OS has something great about it.

However having used both Android and Windows Phone for quite a bit of time I can say that most of the issues you have pointed out in your post hold no real truth behind them.
    09-13-2014 03:39 PM
    But since Samsung is the no 1 oem for android I don't see why people will get another android after that ,as a consumer no one cares s long as it works
    09-13-2014 09:42 PM
    @salmanahmad

First of all I made a very silly remark by saying jailbreak for Android. I am sorry for that.

Get this straight into your head, I've been repeatedly saying this before & even telling you now, from the start your remarks have been totally baseless/pointless. Just because Windows came after Android doesn't mean it has copied Android, all that notifications crap, swiping notifications, all of what you said is totally rubbish. Everyone knows Android copies more than any other OS, except *You*. About rooting & all that you said that it unlocks all the features, you can get latest software update, I know that very well. If an Android is upgradable to ICS & you put jelly bean in it, it not only lags, it hangs a lot. My friends used to do all that crap before, now nobody updates their phone beyond its limit, so no point in having those new features which can't even work properly.

I said that iOS has the best touch response, androids phones are worst, windows is second. I never talked about speed. As far as speed is concerned, iPhones are the best, windows is 2nd. YouTube has hundreds of videos which shows comparison of iPhone 4/4s, with windows 7.5/7.8. In all of them windows performs many tasks faster than iPhone4. These videos were not only for comparison sake, it were challenges that I an iPhone 4 wins, the winner would be given $100-500. That was only about Windows 7.5/7.8, we all know Windows 8 was more faster, & the recent 8.1 is even faster. You said iPhones were fastest, I accept that, but in some tasks, windows is even more faster, Android is nowhere. Talking about durability, my 6-7 friends own a Micromax canvas hd, only 1 of them remains whose screen is not broken. Rest of my friends phones broke within a mont or even lesser time, even when canvas hd has a gorilla glass. My friend bought samsung mega(₹24000) 2 months ago, his phone broke in less than two weeks, when it fell for the first time. He lost his money buying such a BS phone, I really felt sorry for him.

Talking about Nokia durability, do u know that a Lumia 920 which was crushed under a 23 ton caterpillar truck was still able to make phone calls, receive messages & its touchscreen worked! Talking about 520, it saved a cops life as the bullet hit his phone, not him. Even x2 once saved a mans life when a bullet hit his phone. A boy lost his Lumia 800 in a lake, he found I after 2&half months, It still worked, that's Nokia durability. Talking about data usage. Do you know many of the people keep their data on, even when they are not using it. At that time a small amount of data is lost even when you don't use it. That data consumption is maximum in Android, nearly 70% more than Windows
    09-14-2014 03:11 AM
    This is the touch response time for some of the devices. I don't see Android the best one. In this graph, Nokia Lumia 928 is mentioned, but 925 even has a better touch response than 928
    Attached Thumbnails c__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved-images_agawi-test-results.jpg  
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-14-2014 03:18 AM
    But since Samsung is the no 1 oem for android I don't see why people will get another android after that ,as a consumer no one cares s long as it works
    Actually what I've noticed is that people know that TouchWiz lags.

One of my teachers in school knows a whole lot about Android, he teaches us Accounting. He owns a Note 3 and he knows that it does get laggy in places, but he is still buying a Note 4 soon.

Many of Samsung's consumers don't care about minor lag here and there, but if someone does you always have lagless devices like the HTC One M8 or Nexus 5.

@salmanahmad

First of all I made a very silly remark by saying jailbreak for Android. I am sorry for that.

Get this straight into your head, I've been repeatedly saying this before & even telling you now, from the start your remarks have been totally baseless/pointless. Just because Windows came after Android doesn't mean it has copied Android, all that notifications crap, swiping notifications, all of what you said is totally rubbish. Everyone knows Android copies more than any other OS, except *You*. About rooting & all that you said that it unlocks all the features, you can get latest software update, I know that very well. If an Android is upgradable to ICS & you put jelly bean in it, it not only lags, it hangs a lot. My friends used to do all that crap before, now nobody updates their phone beyond its limit, so no point in having those new features which can't even work properly.

I said that iOS has the best touch response, androids phones are worst, windows is second. I never talked about speed. As far as speed is concerned, iPhones are the best, windows is 2nd. YouTube has hundreds of videos which shows comparison of iPhone 4/4s, with windows 7.5/7.8. In all of them windows performs many tasks faster than iPhone4. These videos were not only for comparison sake, it were challenges that I an iPhone 4 wins, the winner would be given $100-500. That was only about Windows 7.5/7.8, we all know Windows 8 was more faster, & the recent 8.1 is even faster. You said iPhones were fastest, I accept that, but in some tasks, windows is even more faster, Android is nowhere. Talking about durability, my 6-7 friends own a Micromax canvas hd, only 1 of them remains whose screen is not broken. Rest of my friends phones broke within a mont or even lesser time, even when canvas hd has a gorilla glass. My friend bought samsung mega(₹24000) 2 months ago, his phone broke in less than two weeks, when it fell for the first time. He lost his money buying such a BS phone, I really felt sorry for him.

Talking about Nokia durability, do u know that a Lumia 920 which was crushed under a 23 ton caterpillar truck was still able to make phone calls, receive messages & its touchscreen worked! Talking about 520, it saved a cops life as the bullet hit his phone, not him. Even x2 once saved a mans life when a bullet hit his phone. A boy lost his Lumia 800 in a lake, he found I after 2&half months, It still worked, that's Nokia durability. Talking about data usage. Do you know many of the people keep their data on, even when they are not using it. At that time a small amount of data is lost even when you don't use it. That data consumption is maximum in Android, nearly 70% more than Windows
    This is the touch response time for some of the devices. I don't see Android the best one. In this graph, Nokia Lumia 928 is mentioned, but 925 even has a better touch response than 928
    First of all my arguments are way more logical than yours.

Experts and unbiased Android users would also agree with the fact that all OSes copy each other, but in terms of copying the companies on top would either be Samsung or Apple, not Android or Google as a whole.

You say in your post that "everyone" knows that Android copies most, is that why I found more articles on iOS copying Android than vice versa? Is that why I get a massive amount of thumbs up on a lot of my comments about iPhone?

1410689805548.jpg

Not everyone, especially not experts, believe that Android copies the most. You fail to provide any information to back up your statement.

And why are notification centre, power toggles and swipeable notifications rubbish? Did Android not come up with most of these features before Windows Phone? Did Windows Phone not copy them?

I know the truth is a bit hard for you to understand, but it's okay.

Moving on, Google has improved performance with every update. Not degraded it.

My HTC Explorer launched with Android 2.3, when I ran Android 4.0 on it, eventually moving onto Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 the device kept getting faster and faster, with more features and stability. And what do you mean no one updates the phone beyond the limit? The HTC Explorer XDA group has over 5000 members, many of them which have updated their device to the latest version.

You clearly have no idea about how Android works.

But Android development works best with Snapfragon SOCs, not Mediatek. Your friends had problems updating or getting bugs because they probably had phones with terrible developer support, it's not Google's fault.

Please watch this video, not only does it talk about speed but the touch response is also shown between the 1520 and M8:

While I admit that iOS has the best performance in mobile operating systems primarily because of having more powerful cores and better optimization, Android stands in second place in speed(not Windows Phone). Just watch the video to see it for yourself.

Plus Android is soon getting support for SOCs such as the Tegra K1 64 bit edition, it's the strongest mobile SOC out there which is thankfully dual core(not quad) and I'm pretty sure it will straight up destroy the competition when it arrives, though Android still destroys Windows Phone.

People have also managed to shatter their Lumia 1520 displays. And HTC also has a history of devices that havr saved people from bullets. Sony's Xperia Z1 survived over 3 weeks in salt water. Durability varies from phone to phone, there is no relevance of this here.

I searched up about data consumption on Android and it's true that it does consume more data than rivals, but there are logical reasons for this.

Android has higher resolution displays, 1080p and 2K. Wheras iOS and Windows Phone(ot at least the wide majority of people) using them have sub 720p displays.

Moving on Android can simply "do" more in the background, having owned a Lumia 520 and now owning an android device, I download stuff a lot more using the amazing download managers(thus the extra consumption).

Not to mention that Google's YouTube app supports 1080p and 1440p playback.

Plus you can limit background data wastage by a simple option in settings.

While Android may use more data there are logical reasons for it.

As far as the touch response time graph goes, it is outdated. But even despite that Windows Phone is not on top. iOS, Android and at the end Windows Phone.

Since then touch responsiveness has improved dramatically on Android, again watch this to see:

Android is king in innovation, implementation and features. 😎
    Anglerdk likes this.
    09-14-2014 06:37 AM
    ^^Lol no dude,i must agree with Psoham777,Psoham777 has already proven his points
    as for your "experience" on mobiles,comparing a 520 to a nexus 5 is laughable and illogical because they are entirely different handsets and price brackets
    09-14-2014 02:33 PM
    ^^Lol no dude,i must agree with Psoham777,Psoham777 has already proven his points
    as for your "experience" on mobiles,comparing a 520 to a nexus 5 is laughable and illogical because they are entirely different handsets and price brackets
    I'm not comparing a Nexus 5 to a 520. I'm comparing operating systems as a whole.

I compared the Lumia 520 to my 2011 device, HTC Explorer running Android 4.4, not my Nexus.

I've proved him wrong more than once. He didn't even know about what open source or rooting was, how could he know anything about Android and what makes it special?
    09-14-2014 02:56 PM
    Android has always had transparent widgets as far as I know. And the lock screen doesn't seem to be doing anything new either.

+1 and widgets are alot more than tiles.

I rather seeing WP copying android (apps in folders, notification center - this makes WP more useable so fine by me). Actually beside the share wifi code and perhaps hubs in some ways (my sgs had something also called a hub , but didn't bother to check it out)..
    09-14-2014 04:06 PM
73 123